Verified:

mrford Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 13:10:42

fix the fluffing captcha. I died today because the fluff wouldn't load on my phone. this is bullfluff. no one bots. get rid of this fluff. now
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 13:14:35

So restart with the 75% of your last country's items, play till turn 15, save turns, and start hitting again. If you work it right, you may have all your stuff back by the time you start hitting.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

bertz Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 13:16:50

Originally posted by mrford:
fix the fluffing captcha. I died today because the fluff wouldn't load on my phone. this is bullfluff. no one bots. get rid of this fluff. now

no one bots because of the captcha.

mrford Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 13:25:04

Originally posted by NukEvil:
So restart with the 75% of your last country's items, play till turn 15, save turns, and start hitting again. If you work it right, you may have all your stuff back by the time you start hitting.

You are missing the point. I shouldn't of died to start with.

And there are like 3 different reasons one of these shuts pop up now. What the fluff happened to it not showing up when you are being hit. That used to be a thing. It isn't anymore. Pretty much, if you aren't sitting at your computer you have no chance because of all the fluffin red tape you have to go through to log in. It is stupid. The game is getting more and more broken.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 13:48:00

sucks bro :-/

JIM_DANGER Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 14:10:22

I AGREE WITH FORD ON THIS ONE, THE CAPTCHA IS AN OUTDATED RELIC OF MEHULS FAILED ATTEMPT TO REIGN IN A PROBLEM THAT NO LONGER EXISTS.

Edited By: JIM_DANGER on Jan 15th 2014, 14:12:49. Reason: WORDS OF POWER FAIL
See Original Post

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 14:36:41

Originally posted by bertz:

no one bots because of the captcha.

no one does anything because of the captcha.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

ninong Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 14:45:26

almost impossible to wall with a mobile phone when captcha pops up
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Sov Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 15:01:50

I think a good compromise is to disable captcha on mobile devices.

Vic Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 15:23:58

Ford wrote:
" What the fluff happened to it not showing up when you are being hit. That used to be a thing."

I was wondering the same. Was this changed this set ?

Son Goku Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 15:48:31

LaF had someone lose 30k buildings the other day to ABs because it was stuck on the captcha on his phone.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2014, 16:04:20

Can't you just click the option to do the captcha later
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2014, 16:06:36

Originally posted by ninong:
almost impossible to wall with a mobile phone when captcha pops up

Originally posted by Sov:

Yes, I also noticed that on the capfluff there's a note saying that you have to do it again in seven days...bull...I had to do capfluff 3x yesterday, it's broken!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

mrford Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 16:10:33

There was no delay button. When you switch devices you can't delay it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 16:11:13

The question is, are people using bots to wall?

Trife Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 17:05:45

i've been posting about some sort of platinum service level..

i'd gladly pay 5 bucks a year to never have to deal with those stupid fluffing god damn barely legible capthcahs.

glad to see other people hating on the captchas.

:D

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 17:12:12

i have to do the captcha everytime on my mobile
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Jan 15th 2014, 18:07:24

wonder if the true purpose of Captcha is to keep all the crazy drunks from playing. how many dang bots are really interested in playing this game?
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 15th 2014, 18:10:06

Originally posted by Vic:
Ford wrote:
" What the fluff happened to it not showing up when you are being hit. That used to be a thing."

That was changed 2 sets ago or so? Because people were starting to use scripts to wall, allowing their buddies on IRC to login remotely. Because the captcha was ignored when you were hitting, the bots/scripts never encountered the captcha.

Sadly, when you're being hit is when people are *most likely* to use bots/scripts, and thus when captcha is required the most.

I will try to fix it up so it's in a better position on mobile &etc; as for not loading, it comes from google, so usually it loads fairly quickly.... depends on google uptime&speed i suppose
Finally did the signature thing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 15th 2014, 18:11:07

The problem is that it's not entirely that difficult to fake being a mobile device for a script or bot =/
Finally did the signature thing.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 18:34:26

As you can see, we are NOT to be trusted. qz let's down his guard and almost immediately cheats surface to beat the system.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2014, 18:54:18

They have to cheat to stay alive now? LOL!

Keep the captcha as is, now that we know the scum cheaters are running bots/scripts to avoid death I don't mind one bit to enter a captcha each time I login!

Hooray for captcha, death to bots/scripts!!!!!!!!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

albob Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 20:23:35

The delay button is displayed on mobile, but it doesn't work. Just reloads the captcha.

--

AL

" You can never have too much cheese... unless your... "

Boltar Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 20:28:22

bad 3-4 days for ford.. country dies.. panthers lose..

Trife Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 21:04:35

Originally posted by Boltar:
bad 3-4 days for ford.. country dies.. panthers lose..

TOO SOON, BRAH

TOO SOON

mdevol Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 21:06:58

Originally posted by Trife:
i've been posting about some sort of platinum service level..

i'd gladly pay 5 bucks a year to never have to deal with those stupid fluffing god damn barely legible capthcahs.

glad to see other people hating on the captchas.

:D

You would be on a short list of players that would give over their info to pay for that service, given the recent data scoops by some players that we know are still lurking in the community. Who knows what they needed all of that information for if they werent actually using it for an in-game advantage as all of the people from RD tha have posted here have claimed...

if they werent using it for an in-game advantage, why did they need that information and what are they doing with it? a MUCH bigger problem if that is actually true.

I for one will not be signing up for any extended pay-to-play service of this game.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

albob Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 21:51:35

@Mdevol - I don't understand why the authorities were not involved here?? If this was a business it would no question. Because this is a game we should let data theft slide? The FBI loves this kind of thing. I want to know the PERSONAL names of the people who were involved in the hacking since they probably know mine... We could order a subpoena on the game owners and domain name other of http://www.earthempires.com to be foreced to provide the information either way..

--

AL

" You can never have too much cheese... unless your... "

Jan 15th 2014, 22:09:46

think the FBI might be a bit busy running errands for the Secret Service at the moment. plus it might be a CIA or NSA responsibility if the server is in Canada, err, wait, probably should be handled by Rocky, Bullwinkle and the Mounties.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

elvesrus

Jan 15th 2014, 22:15:01

FBI is all about national security these days
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

brandon84 Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 22:16:18

lol

mdevol Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 0:24:31

well if they werent using the information for a in-game advantage, why steal it?

thats the question people havent been asking.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

iScode Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 0:36:44

I have no problem with the use of catcha in this instance. I understand it sucks, I have died cause i couldnt enter captcha quickly enough, but when you have scum like RD who can not be trusted then there is no compromise unfortunately.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

crest23 Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 1:39:04

Originally posted by JIM_DANGER:
I AGREE WITH FORD ON THIS ONE, THE CAPTCHA IS AN OUTDATED RELIC OF MEHULS FAILED ATTEMPT TO REIGN IN A PROBLEM THAT NO LONGER EXISTS.

FAIL!
The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 16th 2014, 1:44:16

Originally posted by crest23:
Originally posted by JIM_DANGER:

FAIL!

×10

I missed that post O O
(•_•)

keivisuaL Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 1:51:00

Bend over kids
Innocence is something we all forget. I haven't quite, I'm naive.

MauricXe Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 2:01:57

Re: payment concerns

You don't need to fork over any information.

All you gotta do is setup a recurring paypal account and it's done.

Fuji Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 2:02:07

Originally posted by qzjul:
Ford wrote:

That was changed 2 sets ago or so? Because people were starting to use scripts to wall, allowing their buddies on IRC to login remotely. Because the captcha was ignored when you were hitting, the bots/scripts never encountered the captcha.

To the surprise of no one.

Sov Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 2:45:37

Originally posted by Fuji:
Ford wrote:

I wonder if you can tell us who you think was using the script Fuji. I bet you'd be surprised when you find out it was actually people from your "side".

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 3:05:00

Yeah man seriously though this captcha thing sucks, each time I want to login to cash turns so I can stock bushels for my wild finish. It seems like I have to enter this stupid captcha thing, it almost makes me not want to log in, but than I remember how easy it is to net.
Do as I say, not as I do.

ssewellusmc

Jan 16th 2014, 3:13:47

Ford wrote:

Sadly, when you're being hit is when people are *most likely* to use bots/scripts, and thus when captcha is required the most.

I will try to fix it up so it's in a better position on mobile &etc; as for not loading, it comes from google, so usually it loads fairly quickly.... depends on google uptime&speed i suppose

Qzjul - were the people using scripts banned or deleted? Who were they?

Twink Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 3:33:54

Having a paid option would not work.

The people most likely to pay are the same ones who want to use scripts and bots to wall/survive :-/

bertz Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 3:46:25

Originally posted by ssewellusmc:
Ford wrote:

Qzjul - were the people using scripts banned or deleted? Who were they?

I bet they are not deleted.
It would be easy to deny they're not running bots.
See QZ's *most likely*

You can run a bot on mobile now

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 3:56:33

Don't remove it from mobile cuz than someone will take that loophole to create bots and use them again. Just suck it up!
Do as I say, not as I do.

h2orich Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 6:03:28

maybe an easier captcha, like getting the 3rd bonus on ee, just a simple math question. and not some funny letters which is impossible to see sometimes.

Atryn Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 13:24:55

Originally posted by Fuji:
Ford wrote:

I wonder if you can tell us who you think was using the script Fuji. I bet you'd be surprised when you find out it was actually people from your "side".

As you are so fond of pointing out, Sov, that sounds like an accusation - care to post your proof?

We are so vehemently anti-cheating over here, you probably cannot even fathom it.

Sov Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 16:05:01

I don't need to post any proof for you and I will not be naming names. Unlike others here I'm not going to incite a public witch hunt. If you want more info refer to admins and they can enlighten you at their own discretion.

The script was given to the admins very quickly by me and they responded very quickly, as such the script was likely never used.

Otherwise if you want more info you'd have to join SoF as it has been posted there ;)

Bikerman Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 16:26:56

I wan't to join SoF! - I want the script!

Xintros Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 16:37:14

"Catpcha Displayed because you have never answered a captcha with this device! Device ID: 189xx"
ummmm.. I did a captcha 4 hours ago. Same laptop, same browser, never logged in with another device, not getting hit.

Catpcha Displayed because you have never answered a captcha with this device! Device ID: 204xx <- its the same laptop as device "189xx"

Edited By: Xintros on Jan 27th 2014, 14:20:32
See Original Post
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a killrrun" - Xintros
https://www.soundclick.com/...efault.cfm?bandID=1381300

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 16:55:35

Did you change your screen settings or change any other settings on your laptop?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 19:14:49

updated browser plugin (java, flash, etc), etc.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....