Verified:

Riddler Game profile

Feb 25th 2014, 2:28:46

well fought war guys! We came into this war with nearly identical member counts and you've been kicking our arse. Well done with the 100% restart rate as well. I applaud your war effort. brava!

Armadillo Game profile

Feb 25th 2014, 2:44:57

Thanks, we've been promised a lot of "good" wars in the past year or so and none of them ever came to fruition, I know some of us are taking those missed opportunities out on you guys. It's good to face someone starting on even footing.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2014, 2:58:00

Pffft!! LaF was tipped off on the FS Intel....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Riddler Game profile

Feb 25th 2014, 3:00:32

it doesnt matter KoH, we started fairly, on both sides...hell they got me in my sleep lol but as usual I restart and keep pluggin along. It's been enjoyable for me

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2014, 3:04:34

Originally posted by Riddler:
it doesnt matter KoH, we started fairly, on both sides...hell they got me in my sleep lol but as usual I restart and keep pluggin along. It's been enjoyable for me

Kuddos for our side, no wasn't clean.

I'd like to know who leaked Intel, that's what I'm interested in.

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Feb 25th 2014, 4:04:00. Reason: autocorrect is fkn lame
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Riddler Game profile

Feb 25th 2014, 3:11:39

It was blatantly obvious what was happening KoH...just my opinion, but yeah someone leaked... not much can be done now

euglaf Game profile

Feb 25th 2014, 3:36:05

heh. thanks i guess. its a bit unfortunate it didn't get to last a little longer. at the very least this war had less to do with politics and more to do with inter-alliance issues, which makes me happy.

on a side note- if you're from rage i just want to make it clear to you, and all others in rage, that i have no hard feelings towards rage. i can guess why you guys decided to hit us, and i can't fault the reasoning for [what im guessing is] it.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2014, 3:42:19

Originally posted by euglaf:
heh. thanks i guess. its a bit unfortunate it didn't get to last a little longer. at the very least this war had less to do with politics and more to do with inter-alliance issues, which makes me happy.

on a side note- if you're from rage i just want to make it clear to you, and all others in rage, that i have no hard feelings towards rage. i can guess why you guys decided to hit us, and i can't fault the reasoning for (what im guessing it) it.

This is an easy one to read between the lines....If you're NeoFed, expect us in your news til we feel fit.
(•_•)

RaTS FYA Game profile

Feb 25th 2014, 3:52:39

War was so short, that laf still has plenty of time to FA people into the top, that isn't fair to the netting alliances that were counting on them not playing
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

Buch Game profile

Feb 25th 2014, 4:26:37

Its not over yet we still have originals

Bombay Game profile

Feb 25th 2014, 4:53:56

Brothers hug!

BladeEWG Game profile

Feb 25th 2014, 10:29:45

Hrumph

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 25th 2014, 13:21:26

Are you trying to claim that leaked FSed times is something new and horrific?

It happens almost every war...

bertz Game profile

Feb 25th 2014, 13:52:08

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:

Here here

DotTC1 Game profile

Feb 25th 2014, 13:57:05

Nice to see a war post without a lot of bashing going on.

Cee Game profile

Feb 25th 2014, 14:12:30

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:

I have multies in every clan and I know everything that is going on. I even know when H4xOr is taking a bath with his rubber ducky!!!!!! *evil laugh*

Riddler Game profile

Feb 25th 2014, 21:26:11

[quote poster=euglaf; 30159; 541249]heh. thanks i guess. its a bit unfortunate it didn't get to last a little longer. at the very least this war had less to do with politics and more to do with inter-alliance issues, which makes me happy.

on a side note- if you're from rage i just want to make it clear to you, and all others in rage, that i have no hard feelings towards rage. i can guess why you guys decided to hit us, and i can't fault the reasoning for [what im guessing is] it. [/quote]

As I am not upper leadership in Rage I couldn't give you the exact reason but I think it was cool to see a fair numbers war. that's from ANY alliance on the server. I loved not being in a lopsided numbers war, win lose or draw I had fun.

davidoss Game profile

Feb 25th 2014, 21:41:05

Riddler, we should talk.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 25th 2014, 22:04:08

@H4: no, not *every* war... but tag leaders these days are so rigid it always happens now:( What happened to the good old days where one could put 5 tags in a hat and randomly draw one 15 minutes before the fs:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

earf

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2014, 22:07:33

I'm a top flight player not currently in any alliances and I'd like to join one and leak their FS plans. If anyone is interested in a spy, let me know. I will join the alliance of your choosing by telling them I am a double agent, and that I will betray YOU.

EricEazyE

Feb 25th 2014, 22:07:56

Impressive, as expected.

Nothing but respect for your war effort!

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 25th 2014, 22:57:27

I said ALMOST every war Martian :P

Symac

Feb 25th 2014, 23:55:31

Originally posted by martian:
@H4: no, not *every* war... but tag leaders these days are so rigid it always happens now:( What happened to the good old days where one could put 5 tags in a hat and randomly draw one 15 minutes before the fs:P

There are only 5 tags to war really?

Nekked Game profile

Feb 26th 2014, 0:36:21

*Humps* Bombay...;0

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 26th 2014, 6:01:47

in this thread

someone says nice that the sides were pretty balanced to start

then someone complains one of the fairly even sides didnt get to blindside the other one

locket Game profile

Feb 26th 2014, 7:02:00

With even numbers the outcome was almost guaranteed before this started unless there was a big blindside. I dont think anyone thinking it through thought that an even war would go any different than it did.

Obviously the weaker side would rather have had the blindside to make it closer.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 26th 2014, 8:27:18

the aggressors get to choose what strat to run based on when they want to hit to get an advantage

i guess its possible laf would have fs'd neo this set, but i doubt laf would have fs'd rage just because they might help neo

so it was always more likely for neo to have better countries at the fs time, they had nice indies and techers so were in good shape at that time

bertz Game profile

Feb 26th 2014, 8:45:11

activity. and it's hard for two alliance to blend well for a war

BladeEWG Game profile

Feb 26th 2014, 11:07:18

Wars are never just about numbers, its always about activity.
LaF have been together awhile and they know the drill and do quite well with it.
Rage is back just a few sets and still getting their feet wet.
They'll get better each set as they hang together.
Not an excuse, just a fact.

Funny observation tho
Old time Ragers aren't used to getting their arses kicked and they do get testy about it.
But even one kill is enough to fire them up and make things better

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 26th 2014, 14:07:03

Thanks Riddler. It was nice to see an even number war. I think more wars need to be that way IMO.

aqua Game profile

Feb 26th 2014, 20:32:55

Laf sucks. They need to be AB'd more.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 26th 2014, 21:04:34

AQUA COW MOO!
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 26th 2014, 21:05:12

@Symac: so what, as long as there is more than one it can be RANDOMIZED:p
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

elvesrus

Feb 26th 2014, 21:26:33

quit giving me ideas!
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

FailDiegoFail Game profile

Feb 26th 2014, 21:27:31

thanks to the AT community for not making this another fluff back and forth thread :P

else i wouldnt have had the patience to read it lol...

and yeah, win or lose its always fun to get some kills in and learn for next time :)

locket Game profile

Feb 27th 2014, 1:48:09

Originally posted by Requiem:
Thanks Riddler. It was nice to see an even number war. I think more wars need to be that way IMO.

Well you have some small amount of power over that now dont you ;)

keivisuaL Game profile

Feb 27th 2014, 1:57:21

I'm sure we all learnt from this war and definitely had fun! nothing beats waking up to a call in the middle of the night to stonewall and hear your partner nag about it the next morning!

cheers to such memories!
Innocence is something we all forget. I haven't quite, I'm naive.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 27th 2014, 3:35:59

locket when are you coming back to LaF?

euglaf Game profile

Feb 27th 2014, 5:39:44

lol, laf doesn't need another selfish player- especially one as selfish as locket.

pretty sure i will personally reject that app.

locket Game profile

Feb 27th 2014, 5:59:17

lol selfish eh? Thats why I always participated in war with as much time as I could. Thats why it wasnt me but Hanlong and others who were the ones who spent enough time farming during wars to win sets. Thats why I helped other people whenever I could with whatever knowledge I had, no matter whether they competed with me. All those sets of dying with Laf were really selfish of me. 7 in two sets against Sol. Thats why I stayed even after Hanlong and TC fluffed Laf and I played that entire set out. Selfish of me!

Thats why I'm sitting in Neo in a war I wanted nothing to do with and doing what I have time to do. Ok. Selfish it is.

Perhaps you just dont need more players that actually think outside their own world and actually think that clans should be playing for the betterment of the whole game and not simply their own part of it. No, I do not fit in a Eugene Laf. I have known that for a long time. There were better run Laf versions while I was still there and they were better at netting, better at fighting against actual opponents who can fight back (this is probably your hardest war yet!), and were better allies to their long term allies than Laf has been for quite some time.

You are right that I dont fit in the current Laf. Luckily there are still lots of awesome people there so it isnt all bad. I'll happily not apply anytime soon. I can talk to those who wish to by other means.

CandyMan Game profile

Feb 27th 2014, 11:48:32

For the amount of LaF badmouthing you've done since leaving, it'd probably take a long time before you'd be reconsidered locket. I'm the never say never kind of guy and I don't really know what exactly happened to force your departure, but I also remember you being heavily against our wars and more focused on getting your t100 finishes.

Well, since leaving laf, how many t100 finishes have you gotten trash can man?

Atryn Game profile

Feb 27th 2014, 13:24:33

If everyone was committed to even numbers wars, we could probably do more of that. What makes that impossible today is the need to pact out the defender's allies so you don't get gangbanged on the CS. That means you have to pick a single target and pact everyone else out. Which also means 3/4 of the server knows your plans.

It sucks... But if the alternative is hitting someone who has even numbers and then getting CS'd in a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio, its what you gotta do...

Forgotten

Feb 27th 2014, 19:26:30

locket probably doesn't want to talk about why he left LaF, because it's rather ...personal.

also, Candy Man, I did give you a warning. Here's another strike.

Forgopop
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

En4cer Game profile

Feb 27th 2014, 19:55:22

Forgo is going to put candy in the corner again!

locket Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 1:36:42

@CM Two top tens apparently and some killing of Sol. As for bad mouthing Laf I have said it like I believe it. I have defended Laf quite a few times as well. In fact my last access to public boards was cut during a day I defended Laf. I just say what I believe. If I was in Laf I would be making those same comments insite. I disagreed with a fair number of things that happened and thought certain people were being assholes about some things.

As for the last war or so in Laf I didnt participate because it was Sof and Laf vs someone and that was just BS.. also Sof may have given me some reasons to not. I left shortly after that anyways.

I figure dying 14 times in Laf even though we won lots of wars is good enough commitment overall. 12 times since then too :P Sol had a thing for killing me the day I left protection. It was kind of funny in a way. I also consistently finished well for Laf ANW whether or not I was active.

And yes I was focused on top 100s. My end goal was to net and I had a shot at getting 1st place on the leader boards for a bit(Damn you Henrik and co!). I warred when I had to though.

CandyMan Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 13:19:54

Well you are entitled to your opinions and at least you are being true to yourself. All I can say is your interests and LaF interests were not in alignment and you chose to leave.

From my perspective, I'm currently in the dog house with most of LaF leadership. There's public talk of me never getting into leadership again. There are people within LaF leadership who through this experience I've found to be merciful and forgiving and those whose true views of me have shone through in my time of weakness. I am wearing the scarlet letter for who knows how long and taking my punishment. I'm sure there are many alliances out there who would take me in by netting and warring abilities alone and the easy road would be to say fck it why bother.

But I am still here, as long as LaF will have me. Family stick together through thick and thin and I'm proud of the resiliency that LaF has shown. We've got top notch netters and top notch vets that come back specifically to war. We've got a great training program for anyone willing to learn (I'm the poster child for this. LaF has turned me from a complete noob to t10 finisher in only a handful a resets). There's a reason LaF is strong and I would encourage anyone with an open mind to come see the light. When I left earth empires in 2002, LaF was first in class. When I came back to EE in 2012, I looked at all the alliances that still existed in this wretched game and LaF was still at the top. As much as people love to hate us, the facts don't lie. Politics change, allegiances change, friends and enemies change, but LaF is still here.

Edited By: CandyMan on Feb 28th 2014, 13:23:22
See Original Post

Syko_Killa Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 14:15:18

When I came back in 2012 LaF was getting gangbanged by md and sol. SoF had to jump in and save them. That was my first set playing since 2006.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 14:23:15

But anyways, good job on the war! if we had activity this set it would have been different. But oh well, it happens.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2014, 19:45:18

I love backhanded compliments :) stay classy

Home Turf Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 19:51:18

All Hail LaF!! All Hail LaF!!
HT