Verified:

major Game profile

Dec 12th 2013, 1:51:28

aside from dict. is there any reason to stay monarchy during early turns?

Marshal Game profile

Dec 12th 2013, 9:53:53

yes if you are gonna be theo and do farm start since theo's bushels sell price at priv is "bit" low and of course tyranny due -25% income since in the beginning you need every buck you can get from taxes.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 12th 2013, 19:06:52

There is also a more advanced reason, mainly to avoid 2 govt switches. For eg, one could play a Tyranny Techer, and swicch to Demo to stock later, but the second switch would incur a 14% minimum loss. To avoid that, some players opt to play as a Monarchy Techer and switch to Demo to stock. As a Tyranny, you would use less turns to grab, but you would incur additional turns to rebuild that 14% of your lands after the Tyr->Demo switch.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 12th 2013, 19:54:38

Monarchy techer instead of just going dem from the start seems dumb. 1 more turn per attack vs 0% commissions and better weap/mil strat/etc%? How many attacks is this person making?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 12th 2013, 20:34:40

major? if killtgt arises then as many as turns allow.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 13th 2013, 2:40:01

Originally posted by blid:
Monarchy techer instead of just going dem from the start seems dumb. 1 more turn per attack vs 0% commissions and better weap/mil strat/etc%? How many attacks is this person making?

If you are making more than 2 attacks per day, Demo Techer is worse than Mon Techer, because you lose more than 2 turns per day for teching (for eg, Primary server). While growing, you are only spending about 15-20 turns teching per day, because the other turns are spy/grab/build land/buildCS. Those turns make up a larger proportion of your income than 6% commission both ways.

For example: http://www.eestats.com/primary/oldcountry/475/224

blid

EE Patron

Dec 14th 2013, 5:50:33

i dont believe it. the 6% is more than your income. 6% more income, getting everything 6% cheaper, and, again, the tech bonuses that dems have. the weapons science and mil strat boosts are nice. youre talking about something like 4 turns out of 60. you cant count the 4 as only out of 15-20. every turn is a turn.

Edited By: blid on Dec 14th 2013, 5:52:57
See Original Post
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 14th 2013, 10:57:54

The weapons and strat boost are negligible. Your 115% weapons might become 116.5%, it's too little to be of any real use. Sure you save 1% less oil and jets. Likewise, the strat boost might net you 20a more as a Demo. When you are teching 4 extra turns a day, that equates to more than 6% income, because your income is literally the only 20 turns you are teching. 4 extra turns is 20% more income, which far exceeds the minute savings.

Even oldman went Mon->Demo in one of his techer sets as well.

TDA101 Game profile

Dec 14th 2013, 17:34:42

Demo's only good for Farmers :P.

Although the 6% cash either side is good too??

Marshal Game profile

Dec 14th 2013, 20:42:13

Originally posted by TDA101:
Demo's only good for Farmers :P.

Although the 6% cash either side is good too??

and techers and cashers.

if you sell shizload of stuff then 6% can be alot.

TDA101 Game profile

Dec 14th 2013, 21:22:31

I did an all-x demo casher in express once. Not very good. Not enough land. I did a grabbing demo casher too. Not enough money >_>

afaik Game profile

Dec 14th 2013, 21:51:44

yea i never like demo casher. you're not selling so only get the zero tax benefit through purchases, so much less benefit than either farmer or techer.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 14th 2013, 22:02:58

you explored too little (maybe).

Rockman Game profile

Dec 15th 2013, 21:48:10

Originally posted by afaik:
yea i never like demo casher. you're not selling so only get the zero tax benefit through purchases, so much less benefit than either farmer or techer.

Demo Casher is good if you're doing the stocking/destocking without doing a government switch (due to too high of a networth once you've reached your landgoal). It's also good if you're making a profit reselling with your stockpile. I don't think its better than Republic, but its good enough to be virtually equal.

When you combine the higher tech for bus/res techs, along with spending 6% less on your stockpile, you're still lagging behind a bit, but you can make that up really easily with reselling profits and the lack of a government switch for destocking and getting 6% more cash for your stockpile (which obviously doesn't apply when comparing to a theocracy casher). If you're doing a public market jump instead of a private market jump, Democracy destock is obviously the only option and that gives a huge boost to choosing a democracy stocking phase over other options.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 16th 2013, 3:16:53

I set a tourney record with a demo casher. Although some say I could've scored higher with a rep.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 16th 2013, 20:54:15

that could depend on prices.

johnling Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 8:07:31

It's also good if you're making a profit reselling with your stockpile. I don't think its better than Republic, but its good enough to be virtually equal

[url=http://www.fifautc.com/]Fifa 14 Ultimate Team Coins[/url]