Verified:

Duna Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 10:31:15

Yes, this forum need one more thread about RD.

As i thnik, i got same benefits as 47 RD members from some RD guys cheats, i help admins to do their work and self-delete my country and wont create new till next reset. Im not sure yet, will i make it next reset or no.
If someone feel same as I, i welcome them to delete their countries also. And yes, its a protest against this stupid solution of all problems.

Just a few notes i want to do:
1) Im full against what this RD guys did. I told qzjul he should report them to their country local police as i think what they did is illegal.
2) Also, i told qzjul that EE has rules http://www.earthempires.com/rules and it says nothing about deleting for others crime. If you violate your own rules, why do you think other people will follow it?
Also, it says nothing about hacking affilated sites, wich is bad. It should has a list of affilated sites and more info about violations.
3) I asked qzjul another qusetion, wich he left unanswered, maybe he will answer publically. If, for example, someone will hack rival, sof, sol or any other nonboxcar site, will all their alliance be deleted?
4) I want to add few words about benefits also. Where is difference border between legal spy and cheating spy? Im pretty sure SoL had spy in SoF last reset, but they not deleted. Because it seems its considered as a legit gameplay spy. Few RD guys hacked (check 1st point before blame me) boxcar and got some info. Thats illegal spy. Lets say someone from some alliance uses his login/pass something like "nick/password", so its easy to guess, hence everyone can get access to info. Will it be considered as illegal spy? Where is the border?
5) Private data. Lets be fair. RD guys dont need your private data for any other purposes except winning this game. They wont stole your money or try to find your naked pics or etc, so you should not be worried. Though caution never hurts. Also, as i have experience with internet techonologies, i want to tell some more. If im correct, the data wich was stolen isnt your passwords, but only their hash. It can be solved ONLY if you use some common password like "password/qwerty/asdfgh/1234567890/sex123" and so on. If you use password like "hKmI5Ii!0ql4" - even if they have a hash of your passowrd, they will never solve it and you dont need to worry. I think Pang or qzjul can confirm it if you ask them. Also, the free advice. Dont use easy passwords, thats main reason of problems. Use some password manager like LastPass (you can easly google it) and you will probably be safe. YOU AND ONLY YOU are responisble for your data privacy. I see news about data loses from big companies almost every month, so you should never even think that EE will save your data private.

I think its all i want to tell now. Tella & iScode, you are welcome to share your love with me now:)

Edited By: Duna on Oct 31st 2013, 15:50:56
See Original Post

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Oct 31st 2013, 10:38:47

hey guys its totally ok that they have your private data you can trust these fine outstanding individuals who are definitely not pathetic losers that obsess too much over a game

now let's compare this scenario where people in high positions in an alliance with a reputation for this stuff do something illegal to gain an advantage in a game to SOL having a spy in SoF's warchat because, well, let's face it, basically the same thing right?
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Duna Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 10:54:07

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
hey guys its totally ok that they have your private data you can trust these fine outstanding individuals who are definitely not pathetic losers that obsess too much over a game

Almost everyone has account on facebook. Im pretty sure they can get alot more info from facebook, that from boxcar site. Your data is mostly non private anyways (Snowden and so on). But read 1st point again, if you are not understood it yet. Im just telling, that some guys having your email or phone numbers isnt worst that can happen with you.

now let's compare this scenario where people in high positions in an alliance with a reputation for this stuff do something illegal to gain an advantage in a game to SOL having a spy in SoF's warchat because, well, let's face it, basically the same thing right?

Does my enlgish is so bad or you just trying to troll me? Read again 4th point. Im directly asking for borders, where is legal spy becomes illegal. Because EE rules says nothing about legal or illegal spying.

anoniem Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 11:00:46

duna you really are a dumb fluff.
re(ally)tired

Soultaker

Oct 31st 2013, 11:25:04

Originally posted by anoniem:

The point's that Duna made are quite viable:

Ingame behavior
We understand that competition can get fierce and emotions may get heated, but we expect all players to show sportsmanship and to remain civil when dealing with other players. Players should behave appropriately in all areas related to the game, including ingame messages, affiliated websites, the game forums, and irc. Players who send offensive messages ingame will find their countries deleted and players who post offensive messages on the forums will find their forum accounts banned. In extreme cases, such as hacking or breaking other laws, players may find themselves banned from all game related areas.

It says nothing about deleting the countries of the whole clan that the hacker was part of, i'm guessing that's not very civil of the admins also and they should lead by example and think a bit before they act: just imagine that some of those players you deleted actually put some effort and time into making their countries and it's not fair to delete them just like that cos 2-3 guys decided to hack an affiliated website.

Anoniem if you don't have anything constructive to say pls stop trolling

Duna Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 11:37:13

Originally posted by anoniem:

Sry, i forgot to mention you in my post. Ofc you are also welcome to share your love:)

PS
qzjul & Pang, i consider anoniem words as "offensive messages". Can you please delete his country and all alliance he in, so next time they will think with who they play?:)

elvesrus

Oct 31st 2013, 12:11:41

Originally posted by Pang:

- Chump AKA Mr. Silver’s direct (while unsolicited) promise that RD would not do anything illegal and if they did, we would be within our rights to throw the book at them (back when RD was returning to the game)

I took that to mean if RD does something, RD gets punished. Whether it be a member, or a leader.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Duna Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 13:00:31

Ofc admins can do all what they want.
On other hand, i dont think RD members signed to share responsibility with Silver.

elvesrus

Oct 31st 2013, 13:12:31

for a real world example, look at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. did all those citizens sign up to share the responsibility, or were they just trying to live their lives?

or to give an example of what happened in game, but in the real world, http://www.deseretnews.com/...sson-about-character.html

locket Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 13:21:05

Duna the evidence on Silver was extremely circumstantial. At least blame Copper if you name anyone.

Duna Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 13:35:20

Originally posted by elvesrus:
for a real world example, look at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. did all those citizens sign up to share the responsibility, or were they just trying to live their lives?

They knew they are at war. So more than 60-70% supported war hence signed to share responsibility. Because country cant effectively war if population dont support it. Probably some of this citizens was against war, but majority was suporting it.
On other hand, there is no evidence that other RD members even knew about Silver/Copper doings. So, they for sure not signed to share responsibility. If it would be like 45 members hacking and 5 guiltless, then i would agree with this arguments. But as its 2-3/50, i think i should share it with them:)

Locket, i am just refering to elvesrus quote. I dont blame anyone.

elvesrus

Oct 31st 2013, 14:27:01

*points at the link*

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 31st 2013, 14:31:15

Originally posted by Duna:

Almost everyone has account on facebook. Im pretty sure they can get alot more info from facebook, that from boxcar site. Your data is mostly non private anyways (Snowden and so on). But read 1st point again, if you are not understood it yet. Im just telling, that some guys having your email or phone numbers isnt worst that can happen with you.

People can see/obtain my login and password on facebook?!?!?!

Trife Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 14:46:40

i help admins to do their work and self-delete my country and wont create new till next reset.

yesss, yesss, leave the rest of your alliance mates out to dry. great idea!

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 14:54:45

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:

login looks to essentially be publicly available from what I've seen. password should be difficult to access.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Duna Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 15:15:34

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:

First link in google:
http://www.reuters.com/...ity-idUSBRE95K18Y20130621

login/password is rarely the info hackers need. They need some info behind it.

And well, i might wrote wrong. I meant that malefactor can collect alot more your private data from facebook than from boxcar. For example, they can find when you are out of home and rob your house.

elvesrus, the link text is a bit big for my english level, but i read it. It obvious its education and not exactly related to issue.
I never heard about whole team (here i mean exactly team sports, i.e. football, hockey, basketball, where is alot of players) get disqualified if one of players use dope.

pele Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 15:20:49

I think people take this game way to seriously

I wouldnt care if the admins deleted Me,unless they accused me for cheating wich i dont.
In this case the admins dont acuse al of rd.

Ive been in this boat. Elitez got hit by "big 6" thus al members got punished due to the act of some. Life goes on, a new set Will start.

Members in alliances pretty much always gets targeted due to the actions/decisions the leaders make.

elvesrus

Oct 31st 2013, 15:27:32

basically an entire team got suspended in high school football for the actions of a few

Duna Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 15:29:23

Originally posted by pele:
I think people take this game way to seriously

And this i hearing from someone, who was online for 2 months to wall?:) Haha, good joke.

Originally posted by pele:
Ive been in this boat. Elitez got hit by "big 6" thus al members got punished due to the act of some. Life goes on, a new set Will start.

Mechanics of this is very different. If community judge to punish someone, they are doing it with game mechanics. And target alliance can defend itself. When admin delete countries just because he want, there is no way to defend except hack database and change country status back.

basically an entire team got suspended in high school football for the actions of a few

This is for education purposes, to make them better people, not because of game directly.

Trife Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 15:40:16

This is for education purposes, to make them better people, not because of game directly.

the same can apply to RD too. the mass deletion was for educational purposes, to force them to become a better alliance

Duna Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 15:45:22

Originally posted by Trife:

the same can apply to RD too. the mass deletion was for educational purposes, to force them to become a better alliance

Unfortunately, this wont work. There is big difference between high school young boys and already formed men. I didnt heard from any RD guys that they are supporting cheaters. So it seems for me that they dont need education.
Oh, also, it was because they cant find direct boy, who did it.

PG Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 15:47:50

Nice post Duna :)
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

pele Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 15:52:10

lol true duna, neither me nor my wife can argue about that :p

but im a people also, so i guess im included in the ones taking it to seriously ;)

Trife Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 15:53:47

Originally posted by Trife:

Unfortunately, this wont work. There is big difference between high school young boys and already formed men. I didnt heard from any RD guys that they are supporting cheaters. So it seems for me that they dont need education.
Oh, also, it was because they cant find direct boy, who did it.

i think treating earth players like high school boys would be pretty fitting and accurate.

Alin Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 15:56:33

rival under 20 until May 2014.

Taking bets :

1.35 under
2.70 over

Repost :
--------------------------------------------------------------
i must admit the RIVAL muppets are becoming annoying with those comments.

Last 10 resets : "Sof lap-dog, bend-over, on your knees now."

Fine do whatever you want.

Last 10 days "Wtf their leaders just cheated! That`s not wrong"

STFU

Duna Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 16:05:50

Good joke Trife, i smiled, but still dont think it will work. Maybe i wrong.

Damn, this thread is just like magnet for my lovers:) Alin also here. Read again 1st point. Oh well, read it thrice, because you are known to not understand some simple things.

How much you want to bet? And will you send money to qzjul, so you wont get back with your bet later?

pele Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 16:14:44

rl are full of examples where the action of a few afffects many
Swedish fotboll fans for ex
many times a few supporters has caused trouble leading to the team they support havent been allowed to have any supporters what so ever. so the few supporters screw up the other 30000 supporters + the team they support.

Alin Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 16:34:24

@Duna

5) Private data. Lets be fair. RD guys dont need your private data for any other purposes except winning this game. They wont stole your money or try to find your naked pics or etc

I stop reading here and made my intial post. until that point i was kinda agreeing. You know that people around, got phone calles @ 4 am in their time zone ( from unknown no) ? No you didn`t. And i can continue but there is no point in doing it.

It`s simple. For some of you - defending your ally which is @ quilt and wining a pathetic EE war ( altough RIVAL and Sof aren`t wining this one) is more important than - Integrity, being fair and other cool stuff you read about in "good behavior" books.

P.S: Go read what Soultaker posted on other threads too. He was the last Rival i had respect for until 4 hours ago.

Duna Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 16:38:30

yeah, ok, football teams punish for fans is good example. And i think its incorrect, exactly because of same reasons.
But again, this is because they cant find violators.

And yes Alin, good thing is 1 is ahead on 5, so you should have read it. I would defend anyone, who would be deleted for nothing. Can you prove me people got calls at 4am from Silver or Copper?

Edited By: Duna on Oct 31st 2013, 16:41:02
See Original Post

Atryn Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 16:47:21

2) Also, i told qzjul that EE has rules http://www.earthempires.com/rules and it says nothing about deleting for others crime. If you violate your own rules, why do you think other people will follow it?
Also, it says nothing about hacking affilated sites, wich is bad. It should has a list of affilated sites and more info about violations.

"if you violate your own rules" - the absence of a rule does not make a rule. There is no "rule" prohibiting the admins from deleting anyone. This is a "rules site" not a "bill of rights for players". Note the end: "Please note: these policies are subject to change at any time.".

3) I asked qzjul another qusetion, wich he left unanswered, maybe he will answer publically. If, for example, someone will hack rival, sof, sol or any other nonboxcar site, will all their alliance be deleted?

I believe you mean if leaders from another alliance commit similar offensives against the game and/or its 3rd party affiliate sites, will those clans also risk being entirely deleted? I assume the answer is "yes". Please do not forget the original thread also mentioned attacks against the game itself, not just 3rd party sites.

4) I want to add few words about benefits also. Where is difference border between legal spy and cheating spy? Im pretty sure SoL had spy in SoF last reset, but they not deleted. Because it seems its considered as a legit gameplay spy. Few RD guys hacked (check 1st point before blame me) boxcar and got some info. Thats illegal spy. Lets say someone from some alliance uses his login/pass something like "nick/password", so its easy to guess, hence everyone can get access to info. Will it be considered as illegal spy? Where is the border?

Under NO circumstances, NONE, WHATSOEVER, is it EVER "ok" for you to log into another person's account without their express permission, REGARDLESS of how stupid their password is. Do not excuse a crime by blaming the victim for a lack of precaution. Too many folks sympathizing with RD seem to feel the illegal actions are excusable due to boxcar's poor security, the user's poor password choice, etc. THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR MALICIOUS INTENT.

To me, personally, "legal" spying (unethical perhaps, but not against the rules) would include infiltrating an alliance to gather intelligence (spying). That DOES NOT include hacking the code of EE or 3rd party sites, conducting SQL injection attacks, conducting Denial of Service attacks, stealing/using other people's logins/passwords, etc. I think the distinction is pretty clear. (even Mr. Clear would get it)

5) Private data. Lets be fair. RD guys dont need your private data for any other purposes except winning this game. They wont stole your money or try to find your naked pics or etc, so you should not be worried. Though caution never hurts. Also, as i have experience with internet techonologies, i want to tell some more. If im correct, the data wich was stolen isnt your passwords, but only their hash. It can be solved ONLY if you use some common password like "password/qwerty/asdfgh/1234567890/sex123" and so on. If you use password like "hKmI5Ii!0ql4" - even if they have a hash of your passowrd, they will never solve it and you dont need to worry. I think Pang or qzjul can confirm it if you ask them. Also, the free advice. Dont use easy passwords, thats main reason of problems. Use some password manager like LastPass (you can easly google it) and you will probably be safe. YOU AND ONLY YOU are responisble for your data privacy. I see news about data loses from big companies almost every month, so you should never even think that EE will save your data private.

5th point here is a bit long. I already addressed "bad passwords" above. RE personal information and malicious intent, I simply disagree with you. I will operate on the assumption these folks have no malicious intent outside the game.

As for cracking the passwords, it is trivial. From what I understand, Boxcar was using MD5 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Md5) which is early 1990s and long since cracked using off-the-shelf home PC's or GPU's. It doesn't really matter how complex your password is under MD5 unless the hacker is choosing to only run a basic dictionary attack. In reality any complexity of password can be broken in MD5 today.

Again, the weakness of the security algorithm does not excuse the malicious intent of the hacker!

Atryn Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 16:49:22

Your data is mostly non private anyways (Snowden and so on). But read 1st point again, if you are not understood it yet. Im just telling, that some guys having your email or phone numbers isnt worst that can happen with you.

Wait, is your point here that because the NSA has access to my data it is all non-private anyway?

Or is your point that having my personal information stolen isn't the worst that can happen but having your country deleted for your alliance leaders' actions IS the WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN...

Duna Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 17:44:45

Originally posted by Atryn:
"if you violate your own rules" - the absence of a rule does not make a rule. There is no "rule" prohibiting the admins from deleting anyone. This is a "rules site" not a "bill of rights for players". Note the end: "Please note: these policies are subject to change at any time.".

Well, If we do not have rights, then wright it directly to rules. All that is not forbidden by rules is allowed. Otherwise its not rules, its just random words. Polices can change at any time, but i still dont see anything new in it, though i think rules can apply only if they are in rules:)

Under NO circumstances, NONE, WHATSOEVER, is it EVER "ok" for you to log into another person's account without their express permission, REGARDLESS of how stupid their password is. Do not excuse a crime by blaming the victim for a lack of precaution. Too many folks sympathizing with RD seem to feel the illegal actions are excusable due to boxcar's poor security, the user's poor password choice, etc. THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR MALICIOUS INTENT.

No excuse, but reason. If you use weak password, that is your fault and you should expect it to be hacked by someone.

To me, personally, "legal" spying (unethical perhaps, but not against the rules) would include infiltrating an alliance to gather intelligence (spying). That DOES NOT include hacking the code of EE or 3rd party sites, conducting SQL injection attacks, conducting Denial of Service attacks, stealing/using other people's logins/passwords, etc. I think the distinction is pretty clear. (even Mr. Clear would get it)

As for me, i dont see big difference between all of this. I think it all is game cheating.

As for cracking the passwords, it is trivial.

No, not really. Its old, but working algorithm. All MD5 attacks based on some dictionary. If your password isnt in dictionary, it can be solved only by bruteforce. And bruteforce for 10 symbols password will take ages.

Wait, is your point here that because the NSA has access to my data it is all non-private anyway?

Yes and not only. Who knows who also has access? Maybe windows has a system of sending private data to their servers? Maybe your ISP save it for some purposes? Who knows?

Or is your point that having my personal information stolen isn't the worst that can happen but having your country deleted for your alliance leaders' actions IS the WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN...

Well, if someone stole my EE/boxcar/rivalsite login/pass, i will not care, i can always create new:) And i have different passwords for other sites, so its not a problem at all. Worst that can happen imo is theft of my intertet banking data, so malefactor can stole my money. Also, we can add some data files, wich can be sold for money.

Mr.Silver

Oct 31st 2013, 17:46:21

figured I'd post this in a few places. so here as well..

I've already stated the extent of my involvement to multiple people in game and also to an admin.

As far as I could tell during the time no hacking had occurred, however posts show that something did. Any and such is far beyond my scope or understanding. It looks from provided postings that something has happened but i don't even remotely have a clue what all it entails or anything of the sort.

I have not heard any RD leaders or members planning any sort of revenge either in game or in RL. One member went on a rant the day of the deletions, but he even said multiple times in his rant that he was drunk and upset. He is a fun loving guy and everyone in the game knows he's a harmless guy, he was just ranting. Other than that I've seen or heard nothing.

If the assertions all made in the original thread are true, I still would not see Copper logging into people's life stuff (facebook,email,porn sites,etc). It wouldn't make sense and could jeopardize his RL job.

As per Pang's wishes I have quit the game and wish everyone the best of luck, Those that I provided help for still feel free to contact me if you need any help with strats etc or just want to chat.

Best wishes to everyone and I'd like to thank the admins and owners for the time they put into bringing the game for everyone. Pang this includes you. While ingame I didn't like you very much. I did appreciate the time and effort you spent running the game.

Everything in this game is volunteered base. from Div Leaders to Alliance Leaders to Mods to Game Admins. Remember that to anyone that goes on a rant

anyways,
best of luck.