Verified:

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 23rd 2013, 14:56:07

I've had tech stolen by #132 and #269 as well. In fact, I think most people do.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 23rd 2013, 15:00:02

Didn't know about #132. Seems rather foolish for a top country.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

PaleMoon Game profile

Oct 23rd 2013, 15:04:10

I blame blid
"imo the true issue over there is and always has been palemoon." - Vic (Mr. Clear)

La Famiglia

oldman Game profile

Oct 23rd 2013, 15:11:12

the stocking techer moves!

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 23rd 2013, 15:14:14

Originally posted by blid:
Didn't know about #132. Seems rather foolish for a top country.

I know all my allies had tech stolen by #132.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 23rd 2013, 15:40:32

Originally posted by oldman:
the stocking techer moves!
Does a 20k acre techer really matter? you were predicting a win from this country?
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

oldman Game profile

Oct 23rd 2013, 15:53:49

well, a 22k techer stocking for 19 days on tech prices > $2000.
7k tpt*120% (from allies)*54 turns a day*19 days = 8.6M tech points

Assuming he sold the 8.6M tech points for $2000 each gives him $17.2B

If he is the first one to destock and make a profit out of the cheap bushels for the first 10-14 days of his stocking, he would easily get $20+B and at current military prices of <$200/NW, it's an easy 100M nw plus his original NW. I haven't taken into account the positive cash/turn he should be on while stocking and the bonus turns from the bonus points etc. So it should be a conservative estimate.

So we shall see how high he goes to. I could be entirely wrong too =P

LATC Game profile

Oct 23rd 2013, 17:14:26

So h2o, riddle me this. After you asked #269 to stop hitting you, did he ever do any ops to you again?

It's funny because he sent this message 4 days ago:

"Message from 58 day retal window (#269) sent on Oct 19, 23:10
Okay nothing more from me. It's how I got 90 off my back.

Imagine 15-20 steal techs a day for however long he grabbed me for."

And today I had someone come through and steal tech 5 times. Now I tried missiling everyone in range of me and also those 1m under my range (game seems to check GDI before humanitarians) and looked at dead countries (only #120 has died in the last few days, and he died 4 hours before the ops on me), the only guy I am able to missile is none other than... #269.

Imagine that. The guy who doesn't send 19 missiles at a guy who farmed him 18x over 8 days then brings up your country when I asked him for a CF, and days later violates the CF on me, yet doesn't violate his CF on the guy who hit him... 18x over 8 days. HMMMMMM SEEMS LEGIT TO ME!
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

crest23 Game profile

Oct 23rd 2013, 18:06:23

You believe that horse fly h2o, did you?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

eManny Game profile

Oct 23rd 2013, 21:52:34

So uhm, aren't bushel prices supposed to drop soon?

It's probably anyday now I hope...

blid

EE Patron

Oct 23rd 2013, 21:53:45

Should already have happened since the techers already started jumping. Maybe it's not gonna happen :P

crest23 Game profile

Oct 23rd 2013, 23:23:09

Originally posted by oldman:
well, a 22k techer stocking for 19 days on tech prices > $2000.
7k tpt*120% (from allies)*54 turns a day*19 days = 8.6M tech points

Assuming he sold the 8.6M tech points for $2000 each gives him $17.2B

If he is the first one to destock and make a profit out of the cheap bushels for the first 10-14 days of his stocking, he would easily get $20+B and at current military prices of <$200/NW, it's an easy 100M nw plus his original NW. I haven't taken into account the positive cash/turn he should be on while stocking and the bonus turns from the bonus points etc. So it should be a conservative estimate.

So we shall see how high he goes to. I could be entirely wrong too =P

You neglect the fact that there Are a couple Rep cashers that will run circles around all the techers.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 23rd 2013, 23:36:01

The Rep cashers will only push up food prices heh, exactly what the techers want, how is that circles?

eManny Game profile

Oct 24th 2013, 1:50:10

Isn't it something like this though:

Buy 40M bushels cash w/o corruption, sell them again on public rinse and repeat 4 or 5 times?

I mean at these prices it wouldn't make sense to make em disappear on the private market for $$33-34

And stockpiling them could work but isn't it a bad idea to buy @ $55 and sell them 4 days later @ $42? I can't imagine the prices staying this way based on history from eestats lol.

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 24th 2013, 2:56:11

Yep eManny. It's better to hold the cash at these prices and eat corruption.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 24th 2013, 3:34:30

The Rep cashers will only push up food prices heh, exactly what the techers want, how is that circles?

We'll find out when the set ends.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

h2orich Game profile

Oct 24th 2013, 7:51:54

LATC,

I'm still getting tech stolen everyday except today by whom I dont know. The only 2 person I caught before was #229 and #269. It seems like both of them has gotten into a war, good for me. But the tech stealing only stopped(hopefully) today. Unless someone else within my range is stealing from me, I've never check though. And its not #132.

Oh yeah and to answer your question. I dont know. I've never caught #269 spies since then even tho tech was being stolen everyday, I sent him a message with my news to him and asked if he was his doing, he did not reply.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 24th 2013, 11:42:15

Your spies suck

crest23 Game profile

Oct 24th 2013, 11:46:38

BS! You either run both #90 & #269, or you know who runs #269. You have a history of making some of the most bone headed grabs every set, but even you should be smart enough not to 18 tap a country with that many missiles, with that much SPAL, that also had similar buildings as you. Incidentally, that is why we haven't seen many bone headed grabs by you this set, because you got so much free land from your other account.

The mods are as Vic would say, tier 3-4 players at best, how could they possibly figure this out.

To get #229 off you back, you used #269 to steal from him so that they would war. It helps that you are out of his range today too, hence the reason no attacks today. You don't fool me.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 24th 2013, 12:45:35

Hahaha, so #269 started a war with the other guy who was stealing h2o's tech?

h2orich Game profile

Oct 24th 2013, 14:12:59

Congrats crest. You probably can write a book about me.
1)#229 can be easily outgrown from.
2)#269 is better off stealing off from top players
3)Why would I even mention #229 if I dont want people to notice whats going on?
4)I run all 3 countries(maybe 4 if you see my news closely) in different places since I fly alot for business trips.

blid, from what I see, it seems like #229 started a war by mass SS-ing #269 not the other way.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 24th 2013, 14:26:27

You can't see spy ops in the news.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 24th 2013, 23:51:31

Originally posted by h2orich:
Congrats crest. You probably can write a book about me.
1)#229 can be easily outgrown from.
2)#269 is better off stealing off from top players
3)Why would I even mention #229 if I dont want people to notice whats going on?
4)I run all 3 countries(maybe 4 if you see my news closely) in different places since I fly alot for business trips.

blid, from what I see, it seems like #229 started a war by mass SS-ing #269 not the other way.

1. Not if you are intending to win and would like to avoid unnecessary additional expenses, which by your cheating ways, I'll assume was your original intent.

2. Last I looked you were in the top and your SPAL is weak sauce. And he is better off fluffing you right up for the multi taps than he is stealing from other top players who did him nothing. "He is better off stealing from top players". You are as dumb as they come, just like every EE cheat before you. His history shows that he should still be gunning you down right now.

3. There are quite the number of smart players here that know what you are doing and what is going on. You think you need to mention it for us to know what's up. Viva much?

4. Business trips, lmfao, when was the last time you slept (I've seen you play Express). You've got no time for business trips bruh.

From what I see, #229 took you to task with spyops and you started spying him using #269 to get him off your case. He responded by farming #269. You are not that smart dude. Ask Viva, he's been cheating here for over 2 years, hasn't won it once. Probably been deleted more times than he has finished. Your fate will surely be the same.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

ingle Game profile

Oct 25th 2013, 0:47:35

Originally posted by galleri:
Originally posted by crest23:
Unless he went after everyone except 90. Who knows.

@galleri, I'm asking if viva bothered protesting the deletion.

No crest he did not. He normally never appeals.

An update: I am talking to martian about this 269/90 thing. I have decided that I need a second mod to look at this.

Originally posted by martian:
based on various requests I had a second look. Please remember that you can't see everything in the news feed in terms of other things done with turns (like spy ops etc).
Doing a complete news/turn search on 90 and 169 and seeing everything done to and by 90 to and by everyone it seems pretty clear to me that 90 and 269 are NOT coordinating.
As always, if additional information comes to light on this or on any other circumstance please feel free to report it to galleri or bring it up with me directly.

++martian.

Qazulight Game profile

Oct 25th 2013, 1:03:18

I read somewhere that you can only run about a hundred ops a set against any one country.

Is this accurate?

Cheers
Qazulight

blid

EE Patron

Oct 25th 2013, 1:07:43

No

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 25th 2013, 5:10:28

So #280 randomly deleted himself today. Tech prices going up!

Serpentor Game profile

Oct 25th 2013, 6:30:34

Anyone still buying tech?
The EEVIL Empire

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 25th 2013, 7:00:58

Well, I see Military tech going up.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 25th 2013, 11:40:12

After playing allx all set.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Cannon Game profile

Oct 25th 2013, 12:38:33

Tech is still selling pretty well.

st0ny Game profile

Oct 25th 2013, 17:30:09

while you mods are checking, could you check on #132 as well please. maybe he's coordinating with #269?

if he is... could i request that you guys just state it here and not delete him pls? thanks. :D
Originally posted by LATC:
"Don't complain. Assess & adjust."

blid

EE Patron

Oct 25th 2013, 17:33:20

#132 is weird. Not only was he being greedy by tech stealing while in the top ten, he also, when someone made him pay for it with a grab, was greedy again and hit back twice. If it were a normal topfeed that might make sense, but when it's someone you've been stealing from, hitting back twice is kind of Big Dogging it.

Serpentor Game profile

Oct 25th 2013, 17:42:52

Maybe he was trying to provoke war with him, no? Some people just like to fight, even if they can net. I haven't looked at the news.
The EEVIL Empire

st0ny Game profile

Oct 25th 2013, 18:01:18

blid, i play #73. i also just found out a few days ago that #132 plays for the same alliance i just joined. he knows i play #73 because like most of us, we posted it up in the alliance page. we all chatted about primary in the irc channel as well. never talked to him though. he was usually idle.

so why he did what he did? beats me. i'm guessing someone asked him to. but thats just what i think. no way to prove anything.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 25th 2013, 18:15:08

i know you play #73. i think #132 is just big dogging it

st0ny Game profile

Oct 25th 2013, 19:03:21

yea... i'm saying he did what he did knowing full well its me playing... problem is i've never really talked to him before so no way i could've insulted him or done anything to provoke this in anyway.

ingle Game profile

Oct 26th 2013, 6:04:29

Originally posted by st0ny:
while you mods are checking, could you check on #132 as well please. maybe he's coordinating with #269?

if he is... could i request that you guys just state it here and not delete him pls? thanks. :D

St0ny - Go ahead and report me all you want (you already did before and I already chatted with Galleri) - I have no idea who runs #269 nor do I care because he stole tech from me too (the irony that a techer stealer was also getting tech stolen). Stop being so upset that I "broke your legs in this marathon" because you decided to give up your own country and ruin your own reset. :) I already explained to you my reasoning behind my actions. I was stealing tech from any player with a crappy SPAL. Why explore for 7 acres when I can steal 7k tech per turn. From an economic stand point, 7k tech > 7 acres, and stealing tech is the same as attacking someone for land. Spy ops are a part of the game mechanics until qz changes it - especially when I'm not overly concerned about going to war. Also, if I'm going to keep 2.5 million spies employed, I may as well put them to good use!

You can try to play the innocent card after announcing to many other players your intentions of "going to farm me" or "going to AB me". If you want to talk further about "cheating", perhaps you shouldn't be trying to get tech leeches or give offensive leeches to other people. Also, using offensive allies isn't the cleanest method of playing either but do as you wish.

Blid - last set, you accused me of trying to help other LaFers win by only stealing tech from you and other non-laf players. I'm doing the same thing this set, we (st0ny and I) both play in LaF in alliance, and as you can see, we are warring. So you can stop insinuating that I help "cheat" in primary by not targeting other laf members. I took alliance out of the equation. Being in the same alliance does not automatically preclude anyone from me stealing tech. You can even ask Xin and Palemoon how much tech I stole from them this set - I still <3 them. I only stopped after having chats with those countries in game. Primary is a SOLO server, so st0ny, stop whining that I'm warring a fellow LaF member.

If anyone runs any strat with low spies, you will most likely get your tech stolen until you learned to get a decent SPAL. Here's another quote for you:
haha how's this: "Don't complain. Assess & adjust."

I'm just trolling around on Primary - and there are no rules against large trolls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 26th 2013, 6:33:02

I'll confirm the above, and knew all of this. It wasn't only until 2 days ago I found out ingle was running #132, though I suspected it long ago already.

Part of why ingle decided to do what he did (stealing from me) was because of my intervention of asking ingle to stop stealing from blid last set, and he turned around and said, sure, I'll go undercover next set and steal from all, including LaFers. (I never told blid this part.)

He kept that promise. Other than on the LaFers he is in-game allied to.

---------------------------

This is part of the tech stealing problem I have highlighted to qz, that economically as long as a player is willing to risk war, tech stealing is better than exploring for non-casher strats.

And that economically, warring is not a solution because a t10 finish is still a t10 finish.

LATC Game profile

Oct 26th 2013, 14:54:48

This is part of the tech stealing problem I have highlighted to qz, that economically as long as a player is willing to risk war, tech stealing is better than exploring for non-casher strats.

And that economically, warring is not a solution because a t10 finish is still a t10 finish.

I'm gonna have to disagree with the 'tech stealing problem' part. I don't think there's anything wrong with ingle's logic of stealing tech vs cashing/exploring. I've always done this when I'm not a casher because, like ingle (and you) said, it's a better use of my turns than cashing. The only difference is I've been doing it to lower NW players to minimize a chance for war.

I think it's a perfectly legit strategy and a reason to maintain a decent SPAL. It carries a risk but then that's why you have tanks/SDI as well. It shouldn't be removed just because it could be used against top players... if you don't want to war, get a better SPAL, otherwise man up and fight once in awhile.

Yeah warring may not be a good solution if you want a top10 finish but it's still a part of the game and it feels like a lot of top primary players want rule changes to avoid ever having to war, which is ridiculous. This game isn't just for you.

eManny Game profile

Oct 26th 2013, 15:38:23

I think though what some people are getting at is that tech stealing can be exploited. I am not saying 'removed' but looked at might be a good idea.

I was getting tech stolen with 100% success rate when I was carrying 20-25SPAL + tech + allies two weeks ago. I don't see how carrying a decent spal (which I believe 20-25 already is) is going to protect you from countries which have 100+ SPAL and play not to win but to provoke people :-o

Look at #269 for example, some said he was carrying 500SPAL. Any SPAL that you may have won't do crap versus that, whether it is 20,40 or even 50. I don't think any top contenders have SPAL > 50 because of the insane expenses.

eManny Game profile

Oct 26th 2013, 15:39:16

Originally posted by eManny:
I think though what some people are getting at is that tech stealing can be exploited. I am not saying 'removed' but looked at might be a good idea.

I was getting tech stolen with 100% success rate when I was carrying 20-25SPAL + tech + allies two weeks ago. I don't see how carrying a decent spal (which I believe 20-25 already is) is going to protect you from countries which have 100+ SPAL and play not to win but to provoke people :-o

Look at #269 for example, some said he was carrying 500SPAL. Any SPAL that you may have won't do crap versus that, whether it is 20,40 or even 50. I don't think any top contenders have SPAL > 50 because of the insane expenses.

eManny Game profile

Oct 26th 2013, 15:39:25

Sorry edit mishap. lol

LATC Game profile

Oct 26th 2013, 16:04:37

Good point, I will agree with that eManny. Small countries with insane SPAL vs a larger country with a decent SPAL needs to be looked at because it's nearly impossible to be defended against.

LATC Game profile

Oct 26th 2013, 16:08:23

Holy cow.. someone has a starving country..

Oct 25, 22:00 Oct 25, 23:00 $46 $50 $48.40 196,617,042

blid

EE Patron

Oct 26th 2013, 16:36:56

What's that say? Oh 200,000,000 bushels sold in an hour?

LATC Game profile

Oct 26th 2013, 16:40:30

yep. sorry that was a copy/paste from market history

blid

EE Patron

Oct 26th 2013, 16:41:56

Originally posted by ingle:
Originally posted by st0ny:

St0ny - Go ahead and report me all you want (you already did before and I already chatted with Galleri) - I have no idea who runs #269 nor do I care because he stole tech from me too (the irony that a techer stealer was also getting tech stolen). Stop being so upset that I "broke your legs in this marathon" because you decided to give up your own country and ruin your own reset. :) I already explained to you my reasoning behind my actions. I was stealing tech from any player with a crappy SPAL. Why explore for 7 acres when I can steal 7k tech per turn. From an economic stand point, 7k tech > 7 acres, and stealing tech is the same as attacking someone for land. Spy ops are a part of the game mechanics until qz changes it - especially when I'm not overly concerned about going to war. Also, if I'm going to keep 2.5 million spies employed, I may as well put them to good use!

You can try to play the innocent card after announcing to many other players your intentions of "going to farm me" or "going to AB me". If you want to talk further about "cheating", perhaps you shouldn't be trying to get tech leeches or give offensive leeches to other people. Also, using offensive allies isn't the cleanest method of playing either but do as you wish.

Blid - last set, you accused me of trying to help other LaFers win by only stealing tech from you and other non-laf players. I'm doing the same thing this set, we (st0ny and I) both play in LaF in alliance, and as you can see, we are warring. So you can stop insinuating that I help "cheat" in primary by not targeting other laf members. I took alliance out of the equation. Being in the same alliance does not automatically preclude anyone from me stealing tech. You can even ask Xin and Palemoon how much tech I stole from them this set - I still <3 them. I only stopped after having chats with those countries in game. Primary is a SOLO server, so st0ny, stop whining that I'm warring a fellow LaF member.

If anyone runs any strat with low spies, you will most likely get your tech stolen until you learned to get a decent SPAL. Here's another quote for you:
haha how's this: "Don't complain. Assess & adjust."

I'm just trolling around on Primary - and there are no rules against large trolls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc

you never stole tech from me that set, it was Rob and herbs and such. and i believe i was correct that you gave your laf buddies a free pass. i haven't complained about what you are doing this set (though i wonder if youve stolen any of h2os tech), just said you're "big dogging it" ie just trying to throw your weight around and do whatever the hell you feel like. btw, stony did not decide to "give up his own country," you hit him back twice for 1 hit (a deserved hit at that), most players would war you for that. big dog ruff ruff

blid

EE Patron

Oct 26th 2013, 16:44:55

Part of why ingle decided to do what he did (stealing from me) was because of my intervention of asking ingle to stop stealing from blid last set, and he turned around and said, sure, I'll go undercover next set and steal from all, including LaFers. (I never told blid this part.)
oh, last set? ingle stole tech from me like 5 times total, it didn't matter. i messaged him and said "hi ingle" and then he started asking who i was and how i knew it was him (i didnt really know, just figured it based on the country name, tech stealing, country status, timing). i think the ops came right after i complained about him topfeeding afaik while in 20 DR in express and i thought it might be a retaliatory move but turned out he didnt know who i was.

Serpentor Game profile

Oct 26th 2013, 16:53:48

You usually give your buddies a pass out of courtesy though don't you? That's why I never look into who runs what country. Then no worries and nobody can be mad, because you don't know who's who.

I agree with LATC above about everything shouldn't be catered to the top 1% who are netters only. And that the spy formula is over powered.
The EEVIL Empire