Verified:

ebert00 Game profile

Oct 10th 2013, 23:00:40

You keep calling me a multi and that I run Russian roulette. I do not run more than one country. I also only play in express. Now please go bug someone else with your stupid country. I cannot control Russian but I have been their ally for quite a few rounds. I find it pathetic that you hit me and not them...although either there are under cover or not playing this round..I am not sure which.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 10th 2013, 23:48:11

You didn't get the memo?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2013, 0:50:10

Yeah I never did accept the assumption that ive seen many players make that RR had to be your multi. However, you allied him for long enough and he's been incredibly annoying to enough of the other players that i think some blowback is fair enough. i almost went at you before because of that guy, when he topfed me 5 minutes after i retaled you. and you have continued to ally him while he's continued to topfeed and ROR people. funny he got scared and ran off or changed his name after last round.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Heretodie Game profile

Oct 11th 2013, 2:04:06

That guy plays like a tool and never tops out anyways. Blow back is bound to happen when you play like that with friends like that.

h2orich Game profile

Oct 11th 2013, 2:59:58

lol. slow down, #90.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2013, 3:06:18

you're not #90 h2o?
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Hammer Game profile

Oct 11th 2013, 3:52:57

I have only been around a few months and probably do not know enough to be talking, but in my opinion some of this is uncool.

I tech ally with RR almost every set but was not aware of the RoR and topfeeding, etc, since I do not watch his news. I think I have met enough people here for it to be known that I am not a multi. Plus, I suck at the game.

BUT, based on the comments above, it appears I should expect some blowback due to "guilty by association" since I ally with him. It seems in the threads above that is what is happening to ebert.

I ally with ebert, h20, st0ny, Learners Permit, and several others with more experience than I when I can because I want to learn how to play this game. It's not pre-arranged, as I saw on an older thread. It is "who is available" that is dependable.

Interestingly enough, I received an ingame message last set about how RR topfeeds, etc. I don't watch his news and do not use offensive allies. Therefore, I do not know these things. I tech and check to see that my tech allies are doing their part. Very rarely do I even talk to my allies.

The person who messaged me said he was attacking him because he RoR'd (that's fair enough) but then went on to say that RR didn't know how to play..used all his turns, spent his stock, never finished above $15 mil, etc....so he was also attacking to teach him a lesson. How does that teach someone how to play?

I do stupid stuff sometimes, too, but attacking me won't turn me into a top 10'ner. If it would, I would dump my defense.

So why am I saying all of this? Because I keep reading these accusations about people, whom you may know far better than I, but I ally with, so I know some of the things being said are inaccurate. Also because I do not want to see Express turn into FFA where people are attacked in the game and in the forum.

I found this place in May after being out of E2025 for over 10 years. We have a great community here in Express and I do not want to see it change.

Edited By: Hammer on Oct 11th 2013, 3:57:38
See Original Post

Hammer Game profile

Oct 11th 2013, 3:55:54

Tried to edit one line above and quoted myself instead. What a noob.

TDA101 Game profile

Oct 11th 2013, 3:58:24

The issue isn't that he topfeeds. It's that he doesn't seem like he's even playing to win. To me anyway. Topfeeds are fair game when you do them because you believe you can gain and win from them. If you're doing them to spite others, what's the point? In which way are you selecting whom to just ruin a set for?

Hammer Game profile

Oct 11th 2013, 4:02:46

Originally posted by TDA101:
The issue isn't that he topfeeds. It's that he doesn't seem like he's even playing to win. To me anyway. Topfeeds are fair game when you do them because you believe you can gain and win from them. If you're doing them to spite others, what's the point? In which way are you selecting whom to just ruin a set for?

Agreed.

h2orich Game profile

Oct 11th 2013, 4:36:53

Originally posted by blid:
you're not #90 h2o?

http://www.eestats.com/express/country/90

Do you think I ever make 70 acre grabs?

h2orich Game profile

Oct 11th 2013, 4:38:26

I do not believe deathfromabove and russianroulette are the same person, but both of them has pissed me off enough for me to go after them for a few rounds. Seems like someone is faster then me at doing it. Too bad RussianRoulette changed his country name, but it should be easy to find.

giants1223 Game profile

Oct 11th 2013, 4:54:22

Isn't it coordination to retal for a hit on an ally?

h2orich Game profile

Oct 11th 2013, 4:57:23

Originally posted by giants1223:
Isn't it coordination to retal for a hit on an ally?

Yes.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2013, 11:40:03

Originally posted by h2orich:
I do not believe deathfromabove and russianroulette are the same person, but both of them has pissed me off enough for me to go after them for a few rounds. Seems like someone is faster then me at doing it. Too bad RussianRoulette changed his country name, but it should be easy to find.
Just look for the guy who takes 1100 turns at 8000 acres, and THEN starts grabbing. He told me he thinks that works well.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2013, 12:06:24

Originally posted by Hammer:

The person who messaged me said he was attacking him because he RoR'd (that's fair enough) but then went on to say that RR didn't know how to play..used all his turns, spent his stock, never finished above $15 mil, etc....so he was also attacking to teach him a lesson. How does that teach someone how to play?

I do stupid stuff sometimes, too, but attacking me won't turn me into a top 10'ner. If it would, I would dump my defense.
Haha it wasn't me who messaged you but I've said that exact same thing TO HIM. It doesn't matter. He refuses to listen or learn and he went on to topfeed me again (after burning all his turns of course) the very next set. He does need to get beat down to learn his lesson, perhaps. He's the stubbornest dumbest player out there right now. He's the one that told me I'm not "allowed" to hit him back twice for a topfeed as well, and the one that hit me for retaling his ally because "I'm not coordinating, you just popped up on my news," etc etc.

Edited By: blid on Oct 11th 2013, 12:09:56
See Original Post

h2orich Game profile

Oct 12th 2013, 7:56:19

i got no chance to hit. :(

ebert00 Game profile

Oct 12th 2013, 9:52:19

All I can say is enjoy your parkinglot idiot. Hitting me for what an ally does is moronic. I have no control over my allies and they often do not finish top 10. Obviously I would prefer to have all top 10 allies but good luck setting that up...so I often ally jbm crimson Russian couple times Cx. You gonna go after them too?

One thing I will comment on is this:
Should I accuse them of being multies ...
I get "retalled" by countries that I grab for 80 acres because they store 300turns and have 200 left and never finish top 10

TDA101 Game profile

Oct 12th 2013, 9:54:33

That's not true with ME D:.

h2orich Game profile

Oct 12th 2013, 10:15:55

lol I wonder whos #90, why are you GS-ing him?

blid

EE Patron

Oct 12th 2013, 14:51:52

GS is a little better now right?

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 12th 2013, 15:19:06

You should watch out hitting a country with 200 turns saved up :) You are fair game for a retal and you can't hit back unless you want to risk getting AB'd to death.

ingle Game profile

Oct 12th 2013, 17:00:38

GS slows down production, so it does more than just add DR at least. It also steals money/tech/food (although very little).

blid

EE Patron

Oct 12th 2013, 17:04:38

I thought it only stole food, it steals money and tech?

h2orich Game profile

Oct 12th 2013, 17:20:47

I think he meant slow down production as in with less pop, theres less income therefore less production?

deepcode Game profile

Oct 13th 2013, 0:45:46

http://forums.earthempires.com/...10-03-major-change-set-12

#3) Production based on Population

In an effort to make crippling and failed KR's less pointless, we have made production of indies/farms/labs/rigs based on population.

Basically production of each (&TPT) is multiplied by:

min(1,max(0.2,pop/(maxpop*0.8))

This means once you drop below 16% of population, your production will hit a floor of 20%; production does not get affected until you are below 80% of max population. Given cashers are already linearly affected from 100% -> 0%, this is not applied vs Ent/Res.