Verified:

pollex

Sep 3rd 2013, 5:07:41

First, I would like to apologize for perhaps my longest post ever, but please read it in its entirety(sp).

I thought I should make a statement here so that those who do not already know, might understand. On august 31st my family lost our youngest daughter Lenora. She had aspirated on some formula she coughed up and I was unable to revive her and the firefighters and paramedics though they arrived quickly they could not save her.

she was 9weeks and 3days old she loved baths and smiled when we called her our pretty little girl.

I hope that no one else has to experience this, to have their child die in their arms. I think God chose us because he knew we could get through this and that Lenora was such a special little baby.

I would like to thank those of you who have already expressed their condolences, and if anyone has ever lost a child I would love to hear any advise about how you may have gotten through such a difficult event.

I plan on still playing earth while going through this, as I need something to keep my mind off of everything.

We have been telling people who are interested in doing something to please donate a new or used children's book to a local hospital or school in Lenora Mahon's name. By no means do you need to, but we have friends across the globe, and it would mean a lot to know her name has reached even more. If you do happen to do so, I would like to know either through this thread or in a private message

it would be nice to know the country/ state, city and place donated to as well as the book donated.

If you want you may leave me your real life name as I would like to mention those that donate more formally where applicable, but by no means do you need to.

if you still wish to donate but are not comfortable leaving all the above information, you can tell me what information you are ok with, or even no information.

Again, I appreciate all those who have already reached out. It means a lot to know that people care here.
FFA- TKO President
Alliance - EVO member

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 5:27:16

Wow. My Sincerest Condolences. i wouldn't want to imagine having to go through that. my youngest, (now 11) was in nICU for 9 days with fluid in his lungs and we thought we had it rough.

anyways, we have a bunch of children's books. like a avon box full of them. ill go through them and see which are good enough condition to donate :)

Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Frodo Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 5:39:48

wow.... there are no words which can get rid of the pain you must be feeling. My prayers go out to you. One Bible verse which comes to mind for me is Revelations 21:4 "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Le Legionnaire Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 8:14:02

Sincerest condoleances.
In a couple of day, here in Israel, it's the Jewish new year's day (Rosh Hashana) and you can count on my family to donate books in the name of Lenora Mahon and to perform a special prayer for her during Rosh Hahana service (if it's okay with you). Donation will take place in Jerusalem and Bnei Braq (directly to needed family).

May G.od grants her a special place in Heaven.

Edited By: Le Legionnaire on Sep 3rd 2013, 8:20:30
See Original Post
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
George Orwell

Marshal Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 9:45:23

sorry to hear.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Stryke Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 12:25:41

You have my deepest condolences.
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

Dragon Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 12:39:22

That's absolutely heartbreaking. The inner strength and grace of you and your family are humbling.

Just in the last couple years, one of our local hospitals opened a Pediatrics Center. I'll contact the hospital and find out how I can donate a book. I truly hope that you and your family can find comfort and peace.

ssewellusmc

Sep 3rd 2013, 13:27:11

Your family is in my family's prayers.

Lurker Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 21:12:32

There would be nothing harder than losing a child. You and your family are in my prayers and have my sincerest sympathy during this time.

pollex

Sep 4th 2013, 6:12:28

I felt the need to elaborate slightly on why I was interested in three key things in regards to the book donations. Obviously any gesture with or without information is greatly appreciated, but three things that would mean even more to me to know is

Place (city/country/state)
Where to (what hospital/school/organization)
Book name

and this is why

I am interested in the place donated to and book names, because I am going to compile a list of all these places and books and when my 5year old is old enough to appreciate these things more I am going to take her to as many of these places as possible so that we may possibly find and read any books we find together so that my wife, my daughter and I can truely appreciate how far everyone's generousity has reached, and I think it will help us remember Lenora in a special way that will bring my family even closer. I do realize many of the books may find even better homes as the years progress, but to me the "adventure of finding Lenora's books" won't be so much about actually finding the books but appreciating what everyone has done throughout the world to both honor Lenora and give to others.

if others would like this list to perhaps show their children the worlds generosity, feel free to msg me at a later date.
FFA- TKO President
Alliance - EVO member

Twain Game profile

Sep 4th 2013, 19:51:29

That is an incredibly touching way to handle this situation with your 5 year old.

Best wishes on getting through what has to be about the toughest situation for a parent. I don't know anything about this situation personally, but my oldest brother died at an older, but still dependent age, and my parents said the thing that mostly kept them together was knowing that my brothers and I (and most notably myself due to being the youngest by far) still needed them gave them something to focus on outside of their grief.

With this type of thought for how you're handling things with your 5 year old, it seems like you're doing everything you can to handle such a tragedy with as much grace and care for your family as possible.

ColoOutlaw

Sep 4th 2013, 21:25:28

That is a terrible story to hear pollex. I pray you and your family find a way through this difficult time.

MUFASA JACKSON Game profile

Sep 4th 2013, 22:05:16

My sincerest prayers go out for Lenora, you and your family. I may have only known of you thru posts but, I know what you are going through and my best advice is to take everything slow and one step at a time. Keep yourself surrounded by loved ones!

Also, an entire box of childrens books is being delivered this weekend to the Arnold Palmer Childrens Hospital, here in Orlando, in Lenora's name.
God Bless!
-----MUFASA

"I see with strobelight vision and I'm alwaze in a panic! My only skill is murder and I'm stuck on Automatic!"

Sir Bloodstone

Sep 5th 2013, 9:10:51

Can't put myself in your shoes at all Pollex, but I am sincerely sorry for your loss and wish you the best.

pollex

Sep 11th 2013, 2:58:44

Thank you everyone for all your support. We have managed to raise over 500 books across the world. Over half the books is from people I know through this game. To me that speaks a lot about the character of those who play this game. Your generosity and sense of community is very heartwarming.
FFA- TKO President
Alliance - EVO member