Verified:

Plymmy11 Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 5:44:48

and doesn't get recognized, does anyone care? Similar to the whole tree/forest thing lol.

I started in 98 and played under the tag TKOliwa29, used to be in FBI back in the day before it turned into the Armada. Did some IA and teaching back then and dabbled in a few other clans though nothing really stuck.

Tons of memories: bots (Ramberto = lol), MD's long run at the top, tons of great people...and I'm back for a while checking things out.

Nice to see some of the same clans still sticking around, I'm actively looking to participate again. Strongly prefer places with some history, smaller numbers (don't really want to be a bug on the wall of a 50+ member clan), and activity either on IRC or website.

Drop me a line if the name sounds familiar. If not, refer me to a decent clan, sell me on it, or post that the old guy is too senile to be posting again.

Cheers,
-Plym.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 5:55:51

Sons of Liberty would love an Old timer like you my friend!
Join us at Sol.ghqnet.com
A clan you should remember from the old days, no flies on the wall here, you will be noticed and have lots of fun with us!
Please consider joining our fun alliance.
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Pride Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 5:56:15

MD is the place to be :) look forward to seeing your application.

Sov Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 6:30:59

SoF is going strong. We have been the largest warring Alliance on the server for the past few sets.

http://sof.earth2025.net

iScode Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 7:04:07

Im in SoF, but all three of the posters above (SoL, MD, SOF) are alliances with the most membership along with Laf, All of them will most likely be in a sever war this set from what I am hearing. If you are looking for a medium sized alliance they are not for you

My advise would be to join one of the following based on what you just said, note this is entirely neutral, infact some of the alliances I recommend I actually really do not like at all, but thats mainly cause i use to be involved in the political aspect which im not now.

RD - medium sized alliance based on recent numbers, looks like they have a lot of active members for there size, can war and net, no they don't cheat anymore. A lot of old timers who you will probably remember other nicks, everyone has been ousted now so will be able to tell you who was who. Most likely going to be at war this set. - Personally I dont like them

Tie - pound for pound a good fighting alliance, not sure on irc activity, some great guys there, not sure there plans for the set, may turn out to be neutral and net. - I like TIE, but mainly cause Red X is a leader there.

Rival - another active alliance, I dont know anything about there activity on IRC or forums, medium sized alliance, will probably be at war this set. - Another alliance I dont like, but mainly due to my past times in leadership of another alliance which is no longer about

Omega - great bunch of guys, active on the forums, very neutral, perfect place to go if you just want to net and stay out of war, some very old members here too. - I like these guys :).

LCN - comedians, i mean Trife / Zen is a hard combo to pass up, probably on the smaller side, not sure how active though, they will probably be at war this set. I like these guys

PDM - another great bunch of guys or so I have heard, not sure on activity but they have a few members posting on AT so I guess they would be pretty active. not very good at war but its all about community right? - probably gonna be at war this set, im neutral on PDM.

Evolution - normally a netting aliance but I would say will be at war this set, do not know them very well so can not judge on activity, - i am neutral on them as well.

Based on what you said though, I would recommend RD, as much as I dislike them and a few of there members, they have some comedians there and are very active so would be pretty ideal for you. They don't cheat anymore as far as i am aware and are good at both warring (even though they get outside help the fags!) and netting. I think you would it enjoy it there.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iScode Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 7:07:14

on a side note, join SoF, we are awesome, though have the biggest membership in the game currently, its ok though you won't be a fly on the wall, we active on forums and IRC.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 7:16:01

iScode left out LaF in his list while claiming to be neutral!

locket Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 7:20:08

He was listing medium alliances :P RD best pound for pound yo!

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 7:28:49

Oh I see, yeah he did leave out SoL/SoF/LaF/MD which are all the big ones.

Fuji Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 7:48:40

Honestly, MD isn't huge and we have a very, very active irc, skype and website. Everyone I've convinced to come on over has found it very fun and fit right in. If you're willing to come be part of an alliance who enjoys warring and netting, this is the place to be.

apply.moraldk.com

locket Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 7:49:17

Fuji is a liar

Fuji Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 9:01:15

:(

locket Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 9:25:06

:D

Marshal Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 11:50:08

come to TIE, we aren't big nor small but we have bunch of ppls answering to your questions when those arise and we are somewhat active.

http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?clanID=TIE
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

tulosba Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 12:24:37

http://www.boxcarhosting.net/...pplication.php?appID=1263

Join the Omega.

We have so much history we could share some to others and still be overloaded with it :D
I played between 1998-2003 and 2005-2006 and I can't remember you, only really knew ZEN and 007 from the FBI. But recently we've added a ton of old members who have come back to play.

You won't be a fly on the wall of a 50+ member clan, but a fun loving member of a 30+ member clan.

Kalick Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 12:30:50

Are we really going to act like any of the clans today are really that large?

People may have got lost in the shuffle of a 500 man Rage, but even the largest clans today are mid-size to small when compared to the game in its prime.

If you liked the size of FBI way back in the day, you'd enjoy being in the larger alliances today.

Boltar Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 14:46:44

does anyone have #'s on alliance size's before the 30 day point 2 sets ago (before the tie evo thing) and let him choose the # he thinks is too big to join. then start the recruiting

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 14:49:45

Large is comparative Kalick. If no one is larger than you now, then you are considered large.

Stryke Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 15:26:51

I remember when RAGE was that epic, I was a member during that time. :P
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 15:50:29

I was in Rage during that time as well.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 15:53:02

today's standards 50-60+ is large (~10 years ago that would been mid-size).

what others have told about days of rage having 500 members is that there was no real coordination nor much else.

biggest tag uptodate probably was Universes, just shy away from 1.2k members (http://web.archive.org/...rimary/Jun01/cmembers.htm).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Darrian Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 15:57:57

Rage and 500! What a time!
~bad as i wanna be~

Kalick Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 16:13:22

Size is relative, absolutely. So if somebody doesn't want to join a large alliance because they are too dominannt, and would rather be the underdog, then I get it.

I don't think it is relative in regards to people getting lost in the crowd. With alliances under 100 members, it isn't that hard for a leader to be familiar with everybody. There isn't really as much need for beuracracy.

Atryn Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 16:19:32

TKO...

Gramberto, btw, right?

I'm from MD back then (1999-2004). Omega has some of that history and sounds like the right size for you.

MD is a bit bigger now (~60?) with ~30+ of those being supervets and ~20 or so that have played for many many years...

If anyone ever convinces you to make a character on the MD MUD, I could probably find that for you. Just found tulosba's the other day (he hadn't logged in since 2006)... heh...

Who was the other Omega person who spent a ton of time on there back then? Josie maybe?

Plymmy11 Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 17:52:45

I appreciate all the recruitment notes thus far, I'm doing a lot of talking and hopping into IRC's over the next day or two trying to figure out where I want to land.

I've gotten quite a few PM's from people that recognized the TKO tag, great to hear from you guys thus far. It's been nostalgic to see some names I had forgotten.

Regarding the sizes, the top clans from a numbers standpoint would have been the little guys "back in the day." Numbers are certainly down which is sad, I don't think being in a higher numbers clan would be a terribly bad thing and I hope no one made it out like that.

I prefer a family atmopshere with a ton of activity, and sometimes in the bigger places the new recruits get lost in the shuffle a little bit. Considering the smaller numbers in general throughout the game, perhaps not. I won't need much seasoning/coaching other than some small nuances of the new game.

Again, I appreciate the suggestions and writeups, they have been incredibly helpful in getting acquainted with who's who.

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 18:01:42

THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! IMHO. :D

Trife Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 18:40:58

ZEN used to play or maybe even lead FBI way back in the day

He currently is a member of LCN, where he harasses/massages other LCN members

We'd love to have you!

tulosba Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 18:46:21

Atryn, in 98 when MD was this noname alliance I remember partying with Josie, his roommate Dannin, Tafkas and maybe Jer Bu in the MD mud?
Trying to figure out what it was like, why people mudded, how did it work etc. We were clueless, but there was 5 of us assaulting the newbie cave so we had success! :D

Via that mud we got friendly with Samoan and that lot and next thing you knew a Rockfamily member was attacking Rock in defence of md.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 19:36:57

Choose RD, It would be ideal for you and def no pushover by any means, has some of the games best netters too! These guys are a lot of fun and the few chicks that are there too. Death to iScode over and over this set.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Drunken Dibs

Aug 9th 2013, 20:00:25

post more, Oh Great Noobish One. you ain't no old timer. maybe a 2nd level fighter from the land before that isn't anymore. what's strats do you enjoy playing?
Conformity Requires Sacrifice.
Send Me More 18-20 year old female virgins if you want me to conform properly.