pollex

Jul 12th 2013, 23:59:34

not to mention you hitting all 3 of my largest countries in 24hrs
FFA- TKO President
Alliance - EVO member

Twain Game profile

Jul 13th 2013, 1:01:32

Basically, here's the deal:

FFA has become a place where the only way people really get the land they want is primarily through land-trading. The mechanics of the game allow for a decent number of "ghost" acres to be generated, which are the extra acres that are generated that didn't exist prior to the hit.

Because of this, most people grab back and forth between their own countries to generate these ghost acres rather than explore (which after a certain part is ineffective) or grab others.

Your grabbing may get on some people's nerves because we're not used to people aggressively grabbing. This already puts you on people's radars. However, this in itself shouldn't get you killed/threatened unless you really were going over the top with it.

The two-stepping and reverse two-stepping, or when you grab 3 countries from the same person like pollex (most of us are fairly obvious about which countries go together between country name themes and sequential numbering), that really can piss a person off. Or even the situation with me--after I told you I was authorizing my guy to take L:L on the first two-step, which you were obviously unhappy with, the next day I login to my country to see one of mine was grabbed by you. I just retalled that one normally, giving you the benefit of the doubt that I was simply the best target and not that you were trying to be a fluff by grabbing me the day after I made a ruling that you didn't like.

Have you had to deal with many of the same things? I'm sure you have. You're a very small clan who doesn't have the numbers, the track record or the credibility on the boards (because until this thread, no one knew who you were). FFA is fairly friendly when it comes to treating new players with respect (otherwise someone would've killed you by now), but at the same time, there's still a pecking order. There's still an aspect of needing to "pay your dues" in order to get respect.

I say all of this because I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are one of those returning veterans who played E:2025 awhile back, but are basically unfamiliar with the current FFA setting.

If you want more respect, you'll either need to pay your dues and earn it, recruit more people so you've got the numbers, or join an established clan. Having a presence here on FFAT is a good first step. If you talk with Bigwiggle, Bloodstone and the other people who seem to also be giving you the benefit of the doubt that you really do want to learn the landscape of the game so you can avoid these situations in the future, you'll be fine.

If you don't heed their warnings though, your 2nd chances are running out. PAN has considered taking you out a couple times but we've only decided against it because you've generally seemed receptive to what we're told you. mrford pointed out CC had a chat planned to wipe you out, but decided against for the same reason. If you fail to learn from what people have told you and two-step or make grabs that seem spiteful instead of strategic on clans with 10 times your countries, these killchats won't continue to be canceled.

Stryke Game profile

Jul 13th 2013, 8:28:53

Indeed...
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

ZIP Game profile

Jul 13th 2013, 12:37:47

He is alright - just needs a bit of tweaking.

I bet this cat could be a good killer too.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

kemo Game profile

Jul 13th 2013, 19:08:55

just throwin it out there if hes not new to the server then he probly knows this fluff already and is just pissin in your wheaties to see what he gets away with
all praised to ra

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Jul 14th 2013, 5:59:34

- CrazyDave - you really are crazy. I said my interpretation of topfeeding was smaller nets grabbing bigger ones for more land. Hence my understanding of how the old Earth works. You're just an asshole, plain and simple. Stop trying to justify that. Show me where I did my interpretation of it to you?

Show me where I was insanely topfeeding and actually gained more from the transaction than you got from retals??? And this is me top-feeding?? I see ONE #1496 on #1084. #1191's hit on #1483 started by him, Mine was a Retal. The first hit by #1484 ghosted < 200 acres?. #1191's double on 1485 yielded more land for him than he lost. You know I'm not seeing enough here to justify the asshole that you're being.

http://www.eestats.com/...;badside[]=FDC&page=1

If you want to see topfeeding I'm sure I could show you. I might be a newb to your rules, but I'm not an idiot.

- kemo - Take your paranoia, insecurity and guilty conscious for how you've dealt with people in the past and take it away from me. Also take your pissed on wheaties with you. I'm not an old foe. I'm just apparently on the brink of being a new one.

- Twain - I appreciate much of the understanding I've received from a lot of leaders. And I respect such understanding. I do not, however, respect CrazyDave or whoever TKO Chris is.

- pollex and Everyone - player of #'s 1057/1056 doing some bs starting w/ top-feeding & grabbing my country I'm trying to preserve for PANLV retals. Is this lovely little community going to prosecute him too??? I'd also like to say that I'm not so happy to hear that all of these clans are so trigger-happy about killing new people. Eventually Earth will die this way. I'm happy to say I found my way to the forums and they didn't this time, but if I didn't...I was probably toast without even a solid chance to communicate the situation. If many of you are worried about old foes, well, if they want to, they're going to get you regardless. But many of you can prevent a lot of it by not being like CrazyDave/TKO Chris the first time around.

Cheers.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 14th 2013, 8:11:33

Originally posted by ssj4goku17:
But many of you can prevent a lot of it by not being like CrazyDave/TKO Chris the first time around.

Cheers.

You mean its ok for you to hit countries with almost 3 times your land but when someone does a huge grab on you, you say you have no respect for them.

Chris did a hit on you for the following grab

Jul 09/13 4:52:08 PM PS Script 52 (#1494) (FDC) joe (#43) (TKO) 5915 A (+3150 A)

at the time of the grab you were

Jul 09/13 4:30:10 PM $6,673,318 17,170

our guy was

Jul 09/13 4:05:10 PM $6,633,482 58,894

you knew exactly what you were doing , he was just returning the favor.

as for chris's last two hits, message my country, you know "bent" one or message me on the forum's PM, as he was told not to hit you again in such a manner.

Edited By: Warster on Jul 14th 2013, 8:13:50
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 14th 2013, 12:20:43

Originally posted by Twain:
Basically, here's the deal:

FFA has become a place where the only way people really get the land they want is primarily through land-trading. The mechanics of the game allow for a decent number of "ghost" acres to be generated, which are the extra acres that are generated that didn't exist prior to the hit.

Because of this, most people grab back and forth between their own countries to generate these ghost acres rather than explore (which after a certain part is ineffective) or grab others.

Your grabbing may get on some people's nerves because we're not used to people aggressively grabbing. This already puts you on people's radars. However, this in itself shouldn't get you killed/threatened unless you really were going over the top with it.

The two-stepping and reverse two-stepping, or when you grab 3 countries from the same person like pollex (most of us are fairly obvious about which countries go together between country name themes and sequential numbering), that really can piss a person off. Or even the situation with me--after I told you I was authorizing my guy to take L:L on the first two-step, which you were obviously unhappy with, the next day I login to my country to see one of mine was grabbed by you. I just retalled that one normally, giving you the benefit of the doubt that I was simply the best target and not that you were trying to be a fluff by grabbing me the day after I made a ruling that you didn't like.

Have you had to deal with many of the same things? I'm sure you have. You're a very small clan who doesn't have the numbers, the track record or the credibility on the boards (because until this thread, no one knew who you were). FFA is fairly friendly when it comes to treating new players with respect (otherwise someone would've killed you by now), but at the same time, there's still a pecking order. There's still an aspect of needing to "pay your dues" in order to get respect.

I say all of this because I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are one of those returning veterans who played E:2025 awhile back, but are basically unfamiliar with the current FFA setting.

If you want more respect, you'll either need to pay your dues and earn it, recruit more people so you've got the numbers, or join an established clan. Having a presence here on FFAT is a good first step. If you talk with Bigwiggle, Bloodstone and the other people who seem to also be giving you the benefit of the doubt that you really do want to learn the landscape of the game so you can avoid these situations in the future, you'll be fine.

If you don't heed their warnings though, your 2nd chances are running out. PAN has considered taking you out a couple times but we've only decided against it because you've generally seemed receptive to what we're told you. mrford pointed out CC had a chat planned to wipe you out, but decided against for the same reason. If you fail to learn from what people have told you and two-step or make grabs that seem spiteful instead of strategic on clans with 10 times your countries, these killchats won't continue to be canceled.

as Twain said, it was 11:58pm and we didn't this time
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

ZIP Game profile

Jul 14th 2013, 15:25:29

Originally posted by Warster:
Originally posted by ssj4goku17:
But many of you can prevent a lot of it by not being like CrazyDave/TKO Chris the first time around.

Cheers.

You mean its ok for you to hit countries with almost 3 times your land but when someone does a huge grab on you, you say you have no respect for them.

Chris did a hit on you for the following grab

Jul 09/13 4:52:08 PM PS Script 52 (#1494) (FDC) joe (#43) (TKO) 5915 A (+3150 A)

at the time of the grab you were

Jul 09/13 4:30:10 PM $6,673,318 17,170

our guy was

Jul 09/13 4:05:10 PM $6,633,482 58,894

you knew exactly what you were doing , he was just returning the favor.

as for chris's last two hits, message my country, you know "bent" one or message me on the forum's PM, as he was told not to hit you again in such a manner.

that is the thing once you start doing it to them.. they will start doing it to you. You have to look at the whole picture and this late in the set only farmers should still be growing me thinks.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Jul 14th 2013, 21:25:06

just throwin it out there if hes not new to the server then he probly knows this fluff already and is just pissin in your wheaties to see what he gets away with

+1

did no one else notice how his "understanding" of topfeeding was grabbing higher networth?... but he was perfectly matching networth when he was doing it

That's one to grow on

I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

ZIP Game profile

Jul 14th 2013, 22:57:59

who cares who he is - but how he plays

Sir Bloodstone

Jul 14th 2013, 23:15:35

his view on the game reflects that of the old earth 2025.

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Jul 14th 2013, 23:48:33

lol Zip. no one said anything about who he is, the problem is how he plays

and I'm sure that's true Bloodstone, but he knew EXACTLY how to maximize his "topfeeds"
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 15th 2013, 0:03:11

Yeah and never maximizes his retals , well against tko anyway
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Sir Bloodstone

Jul 15th 2013, 1:28:19

not true crazy. when i told him to take his retal, i told him about maxing gains with similar NW. before that he told me that wasnt true, u get the most gains by hitting them with lower nw and land.

Sir Bloodstone

Jul 15th 2013, 1:29:10

anyways crazy... u better stop tormenting this guy or i may just join xi next set and send him reps all set from your tag... muhahaha

Stryke Game profile

Jul 15th 2013, 8:45:34

a.k.a. NightShade
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

dittie

Jul 15th 2013, 16:29:21

JK BOSS

Stryke Game profile

Jul 15th 2013, 17:23:40

:P

a.k.a. NightShade

vern Game profile

Jul 15th 2013, 21:49:18

is this resolved

or do i put on my rubber boots and gas mask and commence firing

Marshal Game profile

Jul 15th 2013, 21:56:16

fire away and worry later.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

kemo Game profile

Jul 16th 2013, 4:31:56

Originally posted by Marshal:
fire away and worry later.
not as effective when with women...
all praised to ra

Sir Bloodstone

Jul 17th 2013, 14:35:34

nothing like a pregnancy joke to kill a thread

Stryke Game profile

Aug 9th 2013, 14:51:59

LOL.

a.k.a. NightShade