Verified:

allbymyself87 Game profile

Jun 28th 2013, 9:50:23

Really hate getting killed in less than 20 secs.

locket Game profile

Jun 28th 2013, 9:54:18

Did you just get killed? :D

Marshal Game profile

Jun 28th 2013, 13:02:02

removing button wouldn't change anything since many can hit quicker w/o that button than with that button.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Jun 28th 2013, 13:46:17

Before that 'Attack Again' button is implemented, you can hardly kill any country under 30 seconds time.

But every since that button is introduced, most of the countries get killed under 20/30 seconds time.

Don't tell me that has nothing to do with that button?

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 28th 2013, 13:51:34

You know you can spam click the "Attack" button that is on the confirmation screen just before the "Attack again" results screen right? Just set up a few tabs of them. Say 5 tabs, spam click each one 5 times, and use short cut keys to move to the next tab. Easy 25 hits over 3 seconds.

Jun 28th 2013, 13:58:03

Well... Then, someone must have changed something to make a country get killed under 30 seconds to become possible??

I mean, when Earth Empires started at the beginning, the fastest time you can kill a country still needs at least 1 minute?

Do correct me if I'm wrong...

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 28th 2013, 14:28:43

When Earth started in the beginning, everyone was using Dial-Up 56k modems in 1999...

Also the fastest kill runs are roughly 6 seconds, done in 2001 or so, all you need is 65 CMs.

Jun 28th 2013, 14:51:02

I'm talking about Earth Empires... not the old earth... Earth Empires doesn't start at 1999... :P

And also, I'm talking about GS/BR.. not chem rush...

When Earth Empires just started, GS/BR needs to take at least 1 minute to kill a country... And then someone changed something (introduced that 'Attack Again' button, i believe :P) and caused a country can get killed in less than 30 seconds...

elvesrus

Jun 28th 2013, 19:03:58

I believe xinhuan was saying kill runs have always been that fast with people that know how to hit fast, even before attack again.

hell, firefox has basically had an attack again button since it first came out in the form of an addon to send results to a new tab
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

locket Game profile

Jun 28th 2013, 19:28:36

Acutally people have just gotten better and from what I have seen most kill runs are not done in 30ish seconds unless it is done by someone the size of Laf or done by RD/Rival. But yah killing should be slowed down and walling weakened to compensate.

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 1:03:28

its definitely faster without the attack again button
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 5:11:08

@Allbymyself87 The point I am making is that I can attack faster without the "Attack again" button. So removing it doesn't actually slow down kill runs.

If anything, game mechanics needs to be changed to slow down kill runs.

Implement something like pop-kill DR that lasts for 1 minute, -0.5% pop killed per BR/GS/CM over the last 1 minute. This will effectively make kill runs take at least 3 minutes, giving all players a chance to wall.

locket Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 8:46:23

You would have to weaken walling too or no one would die

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 9:21:24

Not dying is actually fine. Nobody likes dying, to have weeks of work wasted.

Of course, I would want the ramping up of civ kills to be removed if a change like this goes through.

Jun 29th 2013, 10:15:55

LoL... fine...

Then, this should be the petition to slow down a killrun?

I'm not sure about others, but dying under 20 seconds is just way too fast and getting quite impossible to login and wall...

Game Admin should really think of something to make walling becomes possible again...

Marshal Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 12:15:51

warmongers wouldn't like that.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 12:18:04

You just need to change war strats. And warchat leaders would actually need to control the pace of kill runs - it would be silly to make 200 hits in 1 minute and enter -100% pop loss DR.

Jun 29th 2013, 14:19:26

bah, it just that 20 seconds killrun is getting more and more frequent in these few sets... kind of hate it actually... :/

blid

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2013, 14:37:04

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
@Allbymyself87 The point I am making is that I can attack faster without the "Attack again" button. So removing it doesn't actually slow down kill runs.

If anything, game mechanics needs to be changed to slow down kill runs.

Implement something like pop-kill DR that lasts for 1 minute, -0.5% pop killed per BR/GS/CM over the last 1 minute. This will effectively make kill runs take at least 3 minutes, giving all players a chance to wall.
I don't understand this. How is three freaking minutes a chance to wall? Seems just as fast as 30 seconds to me, go get a cup of coffee and you miss it.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 14:47:06

3 minutes is more than sufficient time for a clanmate to SMS/phone call you and you login to your country and wall as a result.

If you are not aware yet, blid, almost all alliances have sophisticated direct news feeds from the EE server these days, which automate SMS/gchat/fbchat/email notices when your country gets hit. Plus many people idle on IRC and set alerts on their countries while sitting in chatrooms that print all attacking news.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2013, 16:26:49

hehe before all you had to do was press F5 to reload the attack page and it attacked again. So what you did was have 1-3 browsers (tabs didnt exist except for a browser i dont remember the name of) and you pressed F5 until you had 24 readiness then took browser 2, explore,F5 again,browser 3 and build. it was faster then it is now
Don of LaF

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 16:27:21

I would first off like to say your welcome Allbymyself87 :) glad to kill you in 20 seconds.

Personally I think this means the war department is doing there job right :)

I like the way it works now. Have a Swirvey day :)

blid

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2013, 16:57:42

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:
hehe before all you had to do was press F5 to reload the attack page and it attacked again. So what you did was have 1-3 browsers (tabs didnt exist except for a browser i dont remember the name of) and you pressed F5 until you had 24 readiness then took browser 2, explore,F5 again,browser 3 and build. it was faster then it is now
opera?
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 18:11:44

3 minutes is more than sufficient time for a clanmate to SMS/phone call you and you login to your country and wall as a result.

If you are not aware yet, blid, almost all alliances have sophisticated direct news feeds from the EE server these days, which automate SMS/gchat/fbchat/email notices when your country gets hit. Plus many people idle on IRC and set alerts on their countries while sitting in chatrooms that print all attacking news.

For those who actually have a life, 3 minutes is way too quick. The few times I played in Alliance, we warred and I was always the 1st to go because I had he best country and I will not jump hoops to log in when I am living life.

Once I was getting my son's hair cut when I got the text, giving the barber instructions on how to cut his hair was more important to me than telling him to "hold on, I need to take this". 2nd time I was in the movies when the phone vibrated and I was like, meh :). One time I got the text and blew it off, then got a call from one of the leaders, so decided to log in, I was dead already though.

It takes too much effort and time to build a good country that will be killed in seconds. So 30 minute kill runs FTW. That will give me enough time to finish up a meeting or conference call (and hopefully remember) to log on.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Lucifer Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 20:14:11

For those who actually have a life, 3 minutes is way too quick. The few times I played in Alliance, we warred and I was always the 1st to go because I had he best country and I will not jump hoops to log in when I am living life.

Once I was getting my son's hair cut when I got the text, giving the barber instructions on how to cut his hair was more important to me than telling him to "hold on, I need to take this". 2nd time I was in the movies when the phone vibrated and I was like, meh :). One time I got the text and blew it off, then got a call from one of the leaders, so decided to log in, I was dead already though.

It takes too much effort and time to build a good country that will be killed in seconds. So 30 minute kill runs FTW. That will give me enough time to finish up a meeting or conference call (and hopefully remember) to log on.

Lets just make this game even easier and take out all the fun and whatever excitement is left. That way we can cater to all those that have a "Life."

Truth of the matter is, the game is far from perfect. But really... complaining about a fast KR, and trying to tailor the game to suit you wont cut it.

PLENTY of people get on to wall. The tools are there to make this incredibly easy game even easier, dont hate the game because you could care less to get on to wall, or your phone company is slow in sending u an sms. It is what it is.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Jul 1st 2013, 12:42:18

So someone explain why in earth2025/early EE kill runs were 2mins average? Cable did exist then, so don't give me that dial up reason :P
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 13:10:22

Originally posted by LittleItaly:
So someone explain why in earth2025/early EE kill runs were 2mins average? Cable did exist then, so don't give me that dial up reason :P

Clans were typically 200+ members then... If your clan had 3 warchats per day, each warchat was attended by 50-60 people. With that many people attacking at the same time, 2 minute kills were VERY long at that time. LaF averaged kills about 30-sec to 1 minute.

Edited By: Xinhuan on Jul 1st 2013, 13:15:42
See Original Post

h2orich Game profile

Jul 3rd 2013, 15:02:30

Let Special attacks(GS/BR/AB/Missile) use brigades. And each brigade that sends out on special attacks takes 6 seconds to return(0.01 hr)

So a person with 5 Brigades home, will only be able to do special attacks, once every second.

A person with 3 Brigades home, will only be able to do special attack once every 2 seconds

A person with only 1 Brigade home, will only be able to do special attack once every 6 seconds

elvesrus

Jul 5th 2013, 16:03:29

LI: SoL was doing 1 minute kill runs with under 10 people back in 2005
Elves is a douche on every server.

mdevol Game profile

Jul 8th 2013, 8:34:07

1 min was not the average, it was the benchmark for a GREAT kill
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

braden Game profile

Jul 8th 2013, 11:24:23

ten years ago we all didn;t have cell phones and our phone numbers everywhere here- if you weren't on icq with your speakers on, you were not getting alerted that you were being killed.

you could leave a country over night, for fluffs sake, and kill it in the morning :/

JJosh693

Jul 9th 2013, 2:29:45

Every Person has their own opinions and priorities etc...

Me myself, i thoroughly enjoy the game, and interaction with the players...

I still act/play like a nub, but hell. thats fine with me, and if it bothers anyone, then meh.

Lol, i rather enjoy being in the news feeds and others IRC rooms, and i have alarms on and they run 24/7 and it bothers me not to wake up anytime to play a lil EE.

I had a wife, 2 kids and 2 jobs and found it none too difficult to maintain the online presence needed to play the game, but that is of course just me :)

So like last night, at 4 a.m. lol

7/8/2013 04:12:09 Walls Of Stalingrad II (#943) ResDogs Just Josh Again (#1044) abSOLute SS Attack Failed
7/8/2013 04:12:01 Walls Of Stalingrad II (#943) ResDogs Just Josh Again (#1044) abSOLute SS 89 Acres / + 35 Acres
7/8/2013 04:11:53 Walls Of Stalingrad II (#943) ResDogs Just Josh Again (#1044) abSOLute SS 85 Acres / + 50 Acres
7/8/2013 04:11:45 Walls Of Stalingrad II (#943) ResDogs Just Josh Again (#1044) abSOLute SS 93 Acres / + 104 Acres
7/8/2013 04:11:36 Walls Of Stalingrad II (#943) ResDogs Just Josh Again (#1044) abSOLute SS 85 Acres / + 130 Acres
7/8/2013 04:11:32 Walls Of Stalingrad II (#943) ResDogs Just Josh Again (#1044) abSOLute SS 86 Acres / + 133 Acres

i believe that was about 37 seconds from hearing the alarm to jumpin to the laptop and purchasing a few thousand Turrets...

meh... i'm also frequently board, so CHEERS

Have a swirvey day!
~JJosh -> FFA - ARES

h2orich Game profile

Jul 9th 2013, 3:38:55

37 seconds is too long

2 seconds to hear the notification and notify your brain to wake up
1 second to get up
2 seconds to run to the computer
1 second to switch the computer screen on
2 seconds to adjust your eyes to the brightness of the screen
1 second to login(assuming you have password saved)
2 seconds to see what attacks are being done to you and think what to buy
3 seconds to go to 'Purchases' and buy

Total time needed = under 15s.

locket Game profile

Jul 9th 2013, 10:01:05

JJosh693 we now know when 4am is for you. We also know when 5am is and 3am... do you want to play a little game? I call it waking up every hour :P

braden Game profile

Jul 9th 2013, 11:28:42

yea mean everybody doesn't already to take a piss, locket?

what the fluff is wrong with me?

JJosh693

Jul 9th 2013, 11:32:49

hehe, lol

light sleeper, so bring it.. hehe lol

oh,

and it's 5 o'clock somewheres...

#CHEERS
~JJosh -> FFA - ARES

JJosh693

Jul 9th 2013, 11:34:11

i also seriously doubt many can be that quick on their feet straight out of sleep and to the situation.. lol

or maybe i'm just gettin old... and 37 seconds is just how i roll... meh

Originally posted by h2orich:
37 seconds is too long

1 second to get up

~JJosh -> FFA - ARES

Atryn Game profile

Jul 9th 2013, 12:28:01

Originally posted by JJosh693:
I had a wife, 2 kids and 2 jobs and found it none too difficult to maintain the online presence needed to play the game, but that is of course just me :)

Was the above a typo or did you really lose your wife and kids due to your dedication to this game? :)

JJosh693

Jul 13th 2013, 13:55:25

no, lol, not because of EE, but because monogamy is... rough.. rofl
~JJosh -> FFA - ARES

Stryke Game profile

Jul 14th 2013, 2:04:01

Yeah... the Attack Again button could be completely removed, and I'd still be able to kill SOL by tapping the 'Tab' key until 'Attack' is selected and just mash 'Enter' or 'Space Bar' until either I run out of turns, or your country runs out of civilians or me to kill.

JJosh, be glad it took 37 seconds to kill you. It took us 10.5 seconds for Dragon. XD
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

blid

EE Patron

Jul 14th 2013, 5:37:11

Originally posted by h2orich:
37 seconds is too long

1 second to get up

studmuffin

Atryn Game profile

Jul 14th 2013, 17:36:56

Originally posted by Stryke:
JJosh, be glad it took 37 seconds to kill you. It took us 10.5 seconds for Dragon. XD

We were 9s on #15.