Verified:

Mr.Silver

May 23rd 2013, 3:56:32

Originally posted by galleri:
Originally posted by Mr.Silver:
I think Martian is cheating on his diet by sneaking Jr bacon cheese burgers on his way home from work.

Investigate!!

FALSE! martian quit his job!

Lies! Heh it was all a play by him to throw you off. Edmontonians are tricksy devils

Mr.Silver

May 23rd 2013, 3:58:47

Originally posted by PapaSmurf:
Since the changes have happened, Walling has changed. Before good walling took skill, now it's more about availability.

Along with the changes, smart phones and text messages are the reason for increased walling.

Very true.. Warring in general now isn't too much fun since you can die in 30 seconds pretty easily and are near invincible just by being online when hit.

Something between the two extremes would be good

Rockman Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 4:37:14

Originally posted by RD Watcher:
The bad thing for RD is - when the rumors start - history shows in this game that the evidence is never far away.

You're the one who started this rumor, and neither you, nor anyone else has any evidence. You can't just start a rumor, and then expect evidence to "materialize."

The biggest irony is that you are mocking RD for hiding behind fake aliases, yet you yourself are hiding behind a fake alias.

To sum it up: go fluff yourself.

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 5:05:59

^^^^^
Do as I say, not as I do.

mdevol Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 6:15:50

as much as it is crazy at how availible every top RD coutry is, around the clock. I dont think it is anything outside of just that....being availible.

creating an alias posting on AT and not going to mods in private isnt the way to go about it.

there is no war of public opinion to win here, only to lose it with posts like this.

if this is a SoLer, as it seems to be
more hitting, less trolling.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

ColoOutlaw

May 23rd 2013, 6:50:34

^

+bonus

locket Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 7:00:42

Might say the same about a couple Sol countries mdevol ;) The top countries on either side are only top countries because they wall fast or are around all the time now since everything else has died at least once :P

ninong Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 7:12:38

nice, this thread just gave me ideas
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

locket Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 8:45:32

Ninong give me your bank account and I will stonewall for you

ninong Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 8:57:17

hrmmm i'll pm you!
IX

ColoOutlaw

May 23rd 2013, 9:10:38

Don't trust locket, he just said he is the easiest to kill because he doesn't stonewall :p

ninong Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 9:11:59

i'm disappointed :(
IX

EVO|Rasp

May 23rd 2013, 12:57:06

Originally posted by martian:

Also you should know that in the age of smart phones someone could login to their own country and wall pretty quickly upon receiving a text and it would look like cheating even though it isn't.

Martian probably provides the most to this thread.

The main point being that most people have smart phones nowadays.
Smartphone + SMSbot = stonewall.

RDP babysitting would just take too long with too many steps:
A) lookup country info, ip, username, password for member
B) login
C) open browser
D) try to stonewall

By that time, your country is already dead. RDP being beneficial during a killrun is a huge stretch unless it's the side that is doing the FS. (uh oh, opened another can of worms)

Hopeless Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 14:09:25

Looks like Rd will dominate. GJ both sides

archaic Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 14:47:24

As a freelance contractor, I have RDP access to several machines, so in theory I could run 4 countries, maybe five if I was really careful with my phone. Sounds like a lot of work.

One thing I can say about my particular situation is that while I COULD do it, I would not want to. My remote desktops are laggy, slow and unstable. The thought of trying to war from one of them (in my case) is laughable.

The one time in this game when I cheated, I got caught. I was babysitting for somebody in another tag on the old EC server and logged into my home country from my work computer. Less than a week and I fluffed it up. This game is not worth the effort to cheat at, especially by hand.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 23rd 2013, 15:01:14

Originally posted by archaic:
The one time in this game when I cheated, I got caught. I was babysitting for somebody in another tag on the old EC server and logged into my home country from my work computer. Less than a week and I fluffed it up. This game is not worth the effort to cheat at, especially by hand.

^this; we catch a number of people this way heh
Finally did the signature thing.

Kalick Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 15:02:55

Originally posted by qzjul:

Seems like an easy way around this would be to just have the browser on each machine store the login information for that machine's account. Then just never type in credentials manually, just use the stored ones...

archaic Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 15:03:45

Originally posted by qzjul:

No reason to be smug about it

;p
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2013, 15:13:09

I could cheat but as archaic eluded: I'm to lazy it sounds like a lot of work.

I cant even be bothered to play primary and alliance at the same time let alone coordinate cheating computer rings.

TNTroXxor Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 15:30:04

Instead of letting the enemy get a free kill, RDP into the target country, no matter how slow or laggy, provide a chance at walling.

For example, if martian told me he's going out on a duck hunt (wearing a G string) for about 5hrs and ask me to babysit his country using RDP, i could effectively have the RDP connection at the ready, with martian's screen at the login screen with username and password already saved onto its browser. As soon as news feed alert, start the rdp connection, takes about 10sec?at the most? click login, run turn/buy troop turret whatever.

If martian's country has cash and turn, a normally idle country takes, what ? 500? 600 turns? to kill (someone provide a more accurate number pls) would end up either being alive or a lot more turns to kill, which by the way, is the whole purpose for this RDP thingy the poster suggest. So instead of just roll over and die, i could make martian's country into a fodder or simply kept him attack deterent just by being 'online'

And now imagine i have everyone's password int he tag to babysit. How many tags out there makes 2 different kill run on 2 different country at the same time ?

There are many ways to cheat. All we could hope for is the admins creativeness to counter it
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2013, 17:20:40

This game is not worth the effort to cheat at, especially by hand.

left hand cheating on the right on this board more like ;)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

Vic Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 17:27:22

hey guys just a nub visiting.

in all seriousness it seems to me that a blanket accusation was thrown against RD for using these 'RDPs' ... ???
and literally not one ounce of evidence was presented along with this accusation.

whatsup with that? lol
i mean cmon at least throw something in there lol.

Vic Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 17:29:04

i.e. mr tan was not killed instantly and tan is such a nublet that this alone confirms someone must have stonewalled for him.

that sort of thing

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2013, 22:39:22

good ta see ya vic :)

Vic Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 23:02:45

always good to see you buddy boy :p

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 24th 2013, 6:31:04

Ok I have the proof!!!
Martian is all of RD and all of us in one. He is RD, SOF, TIE, iMag, the entire game...matter of fact when you read this..you will realize you are martian too. :D
I am just galleri. Wait.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Vic Game profile

May 24th 2013, 6:48:29

^^ lol see RD Watcher, that's the type of evidence i'm talking about man

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2013, 7:29:21

Ha, the truth is OUT. Martian must now admit that the Bacon is Greater than the Cheese. :)
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2013, 7:35:09

On the subject of cheating...

The bottom line in my book is you have won nothing by cheating. You can't brag that you won and produce any evidence that you won without exposing that you are a cheat.

Thus, it's a useless venture.

Vic Game profile

May 24th 2013, 8:03:58

Cerb,

I agree cheating is an immoral pursuit.
However.

The presentation of your case is flawed. Here's why:
You said, "The bottom line in my book is you have won nothing by cheating"
Well however unfortunate the reality may be - this simply isn't true.
Some, may I even say MANY, have done precisely that by cheating - won.

Now we can bring the cheater's morality into question - but we can not claim 'you have won nothing by cheating' if indeed someone does win by cheating.

"You can't brag that you won and produce any evidence that you won without exposing that you are a cheat"
Sure you can brag that you won. <--- ok so let's start with this.
If the condition of 'winning' i.e. finishing in 1st place, is met by reset's end then you are indeed able to brag that you won.

In fact, I will even venture as far to say that one can brag that they won even after finishing 15th place! Who is to stop it? It may be stupid. But sure, I could come on AT and brag that I won even if I didn't.

"And produce any evidence that you won"
Ok so with that CONDITION, a 15th place finish would not qualify one to brag about finishing 1st. OK.

but
the only evidence of winning that a cheater needs to produce is simply located on the scoresheet, and on portal under 'top players' (assuming the player and cheater wins the given set)
so again it is without question and an undeniable certainty that just the precise opposite of what you said here is true: that a cheater can indeed produce evidence of winning, regardless of his or her cheating.

"... without exposing that you are a cheat"
Ok so here we have a major flaw.

You claim that if one cheats and wins and subsequently decides to 'brag' about the win the cheating will be exposed.
Well no. It is completely conceivable for someone to cheat and brag and remain undetected. The only way to expose cheating is with concrete evidence. So your statement suggests that there is another way. By simply cheating and bragging.

This isn't true.

So I hate cheaters! BUT.
The bottom line is actually:

Cheaters may or may not have won something by cheating. You can brag that you won all you want. The only way you will be exposed as a cheat is if you are caught in game cheating.

Thus, under your scrutiny, it is a fairly attractive venture.

:)

Edited By: Vic on May 24th 2013, 8:10:59
See Original Post

Stryke Game profile

May 24th 2013, 19:25:00

Originally posted by BigRedDog:
must be real easy to kill bigger countries now that ur up to roughly 3x your original nw

I thought that was what the main objective in a war was, once you have the advantage in your favor... you keep the advantage in your favor.
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

BigRedDog

May 24th 2013, 19:28:22

Originally posted by Stryke:
Originally posted by BigRedDog:
must be real easy to kill bigger countries now that ur up to roughly 3x your original nw

I thought that was what the main objective in a war was, once you have the advantage in your favor... you keep the advantage in your favor.

not really what i was getting at Stryke

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2013, 23:16:50

Perhaps you are correct, Vic, on those points exactly. However I still will maintain that even if you are the only one who knows that you have cheated to win, you will not be able to shake that feeling of not being able to win without cheating in the future. Thus, you will eventually lose your self-respect, which is way more valuable than winning some stupid game.

Learning to play the game to be successful under the conditions and rules applied to the game is a much more attractive option in the long run.

Detecting a cheat always happens because there is always someone that is envious of their win and will dedicate time and effort to finding out how they did it.

Vic Game profile

May 24th 2013, 23:21:34

cerbs i was just playing around there as well :)
basically i think this is a fluffballs post and i'm trying to have some fun on it :)

Unsympathetic Game profile

May 24th 2013, 23:46:53

RD has a text bot? CHAETORZ!!11

Also, too, Anthony Ciolli.

hawkeyee Game profile

May 27th 2013, 16:15:42

Originally posted by Lucifer:
Hello, I would like to address this post as my profession deals with IT security.

I would like to say that if anybody is doing this for the game, you are putting yourself at risk of identity theft among many other things. That is like giving your key to your house to a stranger and expecting nothing gets stolen.

I seriously doubt, that anybody with some sort of intelligence will do this unless you are a person that does not know how a computer works and is just behind in technology. Most security breaches are due to social networking, sometimes people are tricked over the phone to do this.

Lucifer - I'm not very knowledgable on this topic so this might sound like a stupid question - but when you give someone access to your desktop remotely, are you giving them access to your entire network, or just to that one machine? If it's the latter, couldn't somebody use a very old and outdate computer without ANY personal information on it at all that they use simply to access Earth online? Would that protect them from any of the privacy/personal information concerns you've mentioned?
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 30th 2013, 14:26:22

if you give control of your computer remotely then you are giving access to whatever that machine has access to. It is the same as being in front of the box with a keyboard and mouse except slower because the stuff on the monitor needs to be sent over the internet to your box.

So if that machine has unrestricted network access, then you do do (via the machine).
As an aside, watching movies or playing fps games through a RPN is somewhat futile..
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Trife Game profile

May 30th 2013, 15:43:41

What's the over/under on how many new 'players' alliances server gets next reset?

I still think you guys need to release the number of safelisted countries in each alliance... :P

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 2nd 2013, 13:05:53

@Trife:
The number of active safelisted players is much lower than you might.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2013, 13:17:07

.. think