Verified:

ZIP Game profile

Apr 3rd 2013, 15:55:56

i was doing some testing and found a difference between the alliance live server and the ffa alpha server. Not sure if the difference lies between the two live servers or maybe between alpha and live servers but in alliance live the ops works as stated - blows up a portion of money... ya ya ya - In alpha FFA it allows you to take a portion of the enemy's cash and destroys nothing.

Maybe this is some testing or a change in the works i an guessing i may have stumbled on but i would suggest up the max % taken by a couple more 1/100 % and combine the two, take and destroy.

This would add some meat to an under-used op.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

ZIP Game profile

Apr 3rd 2013, 15:58:07

Also mirror the espionage parameters as to what you need for max / min gains. ( you have to have some to get some... but how much )
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 3rd 2013, 17:34:22

that shouldn't be different between the two, only different based on input numbers...?
Finally did the signature thing.

ZIP Game profile

Apr 3rd 2013, 22:21:37

nope i checked it up and down. Alpha ffa you get to keep the cash and blow none up.

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 4th 2013, 2:43:02

The bomb banks op is different depending on server. For example, on Primary, it steals cash while on Alliance it destroys cash. (ok, I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's how it is).

afaik Game profile

Apr 4th 2013, 7:29:43

i think it also depends on the cash you are carrying at the time of the op - was this parameter the same in both test cases?

not sure if relevant, but in express i always get zero blown up regardless of what is stolen, but then it's always someone's multi doing the stealing so they have little to no cash themselves.

@ zip, i disagree that the op is underused. depends on the server - it's not acceptable in alliance servers but is rife in solo games.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 4th 2013, 16:37:45

really? damn i'll have to look at the code heh
Finally did the signature thing.

ZIP Game profile

Apr 5th 2013, 0:38:31

could be i have not played solo servers in a bit. and i tested it even cash, going up and down. you don't need much on hand to get max effect but like everything else you do need some.

i was able to bet the parameters and %'s on all the harmful spy ops.

not sharing, i ran a few thousand turns a few times to get it all down.

Stryke Game profile

Apr 5th 2013, 9:53:18

If anything I'd like there to be a bank in-game that could be bombed. I've seen it in similar games like Promisance and TEQ, you're able to stash any amount of your cash into the bank and have it grow interest after a certain number of turns are played. Granted, it would take having to code it into the game, and it'd eliminate resource decay on cash and make stockpiling more effective... it's only a wish/suggestion though.
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

Marshal1

Apr 5th 2013, 11:11:10

and ingame bank would hurt farmers unless there were some limit how much money can be in bank.
galleri: fluff off marshal

archaic: FFS when Marshal has stood out as maybe the brightest person on the whole thread . . . fluff me, I'm going to go smoke a joint and reevaluate some fluff

sinistril: Oh snap, Marshal destroyed galleri. Thought I'd

bstrong86 Game profile

Apr 5th 2013, 13:33:05

Why would it hurt farmers? Non demo farmers would beable to stockpile cash into the bank at the peak sales point, rather then selling at peak and having to spend to avoid corruption
The Death Knights

XI

AndrewMose Game profile

Apr 5th 2013, 14:45:41

Originally posted by bstrong86:
Why would it hurt farmers? Non demo farmers would beable to stockpile cash into the bank at the peak sales point, rather then selling at peak and having to spend to avoid corruption

It is hard to tell if it would hurt farmers or not. Many times food prices won't rise above 36 until stocking begins. If stockin bushels never occurs there will be sets where farmers will be selling for $36 the whole set - thus hurting farmers.

Other sets the supply of food is such that the price will rise independent of stocking. In such a case this would help farmers as you pointed out bstrong.

Marshal1

Apr 5th 2013, 15:49:34

if no need to spend money on bushels (to avoid corruption) outside what's needed to run turns and do batchexplores then bushels price won't rise above 36 unless there's small amount of farmers which can barely fill demand.

bank (with interest) would help against suiciders since no1 would keep more than ~50m (depending how much money they lose per turn) in hand so suiciders wouldn't get much money from single country and could be killed quicker.

archaic: FFS when Marshal has stood out as maybe the brightest person on the whole thread . . . fluff me, I'm going to go smoke a joint and reevaluate some fluff

bstrong86 Game profile

Apr 5th 2013, 17:49:57

i see your point, derpdeerp :P

okay how about this then, the bank acts as 3 or 4 differents things. you can either add; money, food, military reserve forces(indies), maybe for something for tech..

im sure its unrealistic but since we went down the path of banking money why not bring in other options then :)
The Death Knights

XI

OneMansArmy Game profile

Apr 5th 2013, 19:28:10

Stocking bushels can already be avoided by going with the Corruption Bonus. There must be a down side to storing money in a bank. Like maybe you can't use it whenever you want, but only every 48-72 hours as it earns interest.
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

Marshal1

Apr 5th 2013, 21:19:20

yea corruption (decay) bonus helps but players won't get it maxed until later part of game and even with maxed bonus not many keep more than ~100 m cash in hand until they start restocking.

1 promisance-clone I played interest for money in bank was counted every turn and money could be withdrawn anytime wanted.

if bank accepts bushels etc do those get interest too? put 1m bushels to bank and few days later you have 1.5m bushels or put 5k techs in bank and later you have 6k or 1m jets and later you have 1.5m jets.

ZIP Game profile

Apr 5th 2013, 21:44:05

off track -