Verified:

Tin Man

Apr 1st 2013, 2:40:14

/me bows to the warrers

synoder Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 2:57:31

now back in your cage before we have to unleash the fury again.

Stryke Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 4:02:12

Yeah... This is what happens when the tech market gets killed early. Any techers that weren't involved in the war made off with some epic cash from overpricing tech between $4-8k around the middle of the set.
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

Tin Man

Apr 1st 2013, 16:15:33

I'm surprised at KSM's netting though... this is your ONE chance to take ANW/TNW and it looks as though you may not be taking either =/

Landorian Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 16:53:45

KSM's netters did not net this set but took a break (killed suiciders) or left altogether. The KSM core crew is pretty much gone, including me (I've been with them from the start and am taking a break since this set). At least 32 of those tagged countries haven't been played for weeks.
At this point it is not sure what KSM will look like next set.
KSM ~ Janitor

Twain Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 20:01:20

There's also a tendency to play to your competition as well though.

The last major war set where virtually everyone warred was a few years back when only TKO was left untouched (CC or AoDT, whichever it was, took on KA, basically LaE, and NBK fought FoCuS/PAN, and IMP either warred or just went inactive due to boredom of having no targets).

TKO won everything, had like 80% of the top 100, but it was actually a pretty unimpressive set for them. If you looked at their sets on either side of that set, TKO clearly didn't put in their top game.

Could be a little bit of the same happening with KSM. Maybe not though.

Dragon Game profile

Apr 1st 2013, 21:55:41

Originally posted by Tin Man:
/me bows to the warrers

way to kiss ass, buddy.

I got a PM about pacts for the next set. I referred them to you. I told them there was no longer an ESD. You can make a liar out of me if you like.

ColoOutlaw

Apr 1st 2013, 22:28:30

This isn't KSM's "one and only shot". We have steadily improved over the years, but a lot of us got hit with RL.
Congrats to pocketchange and ogaabogaa this set.

Besides tin, this is old news. We already said about a month ago that other then our 33 netting countries, ksm wont post a strong set. So there shouldn't be any surprise by this...

Tin Man

Apr 1st 2013, 22:49:23

lol, there is no ass-kissing going on here pal. I spent 2 secs to see where the top 10/100 cutoffs would be and saw it's going to be very possibly the worst netting set in FFA history.

I think what everyone learned from this set is who is in control of how the game will be played. IF the warring alliances decide noone will net, they will make it so and vice versa.

If a netting tag decides to war, warrers get what the want. If a netting tag decides to net, it is 100% up to the aggressive alliances as to who will be allowed to net.

This set was a reminder, not only to ESD but to everyone who takes the ability to net peacefully for granted.

I would never air ESD's dirty laundry of FFAT even though I no longer plan on playing for ESD. You had everything Dragon, and you threw it away over fluff that should never have been brought into this server. You took the game WAAAAY to seriously and ruined your members chances at playing in an alliance that was 99.99999% guarenteed to netgain. This was NOT due to anything else other then the fact that ESD(the laziest, most badass tree huggers the game has to offer) was somehow blessed with a Full Defensive Pact to the best warrers EE has to offer. Suiciders could have killed ESD off, NBK took care of those too.

Anyone who looked to ESD for a possible war realized this and that is why we weren't demolished earlier. Had I been with NBK at the time this all went down I would have killed ESD last set and not gave us the satisfaction of one more netting set.

You need to learn when to stfu on the boards, this being a case in point.

I will always value the friendship we have, and the ability to net peacefully for the first time in my Earth career, but pissing you off has always been my favorite drug.

/start Dragon's over the top insults and ranting/whining

Tin Man

Apr 1st 2013, 22:52:51

also the reason I won't be bringing ESD back next set that I refuse to lead a clan against their founders beliefs, which involves finding a peaceful resolution to the tight spot ESD has been put in.

Bigwiggle Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 0:20:43

Not really eye opening, we knew that if the war clans decided they wanted to wipe out the netters that they could so it pretty easily :P Problem is that would halve the server size if done frequently
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

JoeFFA Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 1:31:50

Besides, who wants to war all the time? If anything, raking in kills could also be as *boring* as pure *netting*...

*yawn*....

*gets ready to create more restarts*

Edited By: JoeFFA on Apr 2nd 2013, 1:37:33
See Original Post

synoder Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 2:00:24

close wars are fun, once they get lopsided they start to get old, especially if you are losing. Generally though you can find some fun things to keep it interesting.

JoeFFA Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 7:40:05

Tsk. Its just a factor of activity and numbers. Plus a little skill.

pollex

Apr 2nd 2013, 23:20:59

my favorite thing was waking Donny up repeatedly with random missles
FFA- TKO President
Alliance - EVO member

mrford Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 23:28:34

meh, we talked about killing KSM to try to get TNW but decided against it because we didnt want to randomly kill netting clans.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ColoOutlaw

Apr 3rd 2013, 7:29:45

lol well we appreciate CC not hitting KSM.

It wasn't a pretty set but it was nice that we got TNW on our 1 year anniversary.

Edited By: ColoOutlaw on Apr 3rd 2013, 7:34:27
See Original Post

Tin Man

Apr 3rd 2013, 14:04:54

Congrats Outlaw

Twain Game profile

Apr 4th 2013, 1:55:51

Yeah, congrats to KSM. You've joined the prestigious TNW club, which is now a 5-clan club. :)

pollex

Apr 4th 2013, 3:52:19

your welcome KSM :)
FFA- TKO President
Alliance - EVO member