Verified:

Rockman Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 3:30:07

Simple - don't fight back at all. If they want to blindside netters, then just don't fight back, let them tag kill you. Take the rest of the set off, and then come back next set. You get a nice 1 month long break from FFA.

What can you possibly gain by fighting back against NBK, other than encouraging them to be fluffs again in the future? By fighting back, you give them what they want.

Angryjesus Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 3:40:15

After last time we fought them we got 11 netting sets in a row. I didn't really want to war this set and my countries that are left have a spal of about 3, but I can deal with warring every 12th set.

Stryke Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 3:55:46

Last time you also had FoCuS as an ally/partner in the war too.
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

Angryjesus Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 3:58:26

Originally posted by Stryke:
Last time you also had FoCuS as an ally/partner in the war too.

True, but I don't see how that really affects what I am saying at all.

synoder Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 4:09:20

lol between you and dragon you would think we FS netters every set.

mrford Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 4:15:56

step 1: cut a hole in the box
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

gambit Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 4:17:35

yes, but we hit pan by themselves the set before that, so it was just like a reeeally long war set for them and they deserved a long break
Natural Born Killer

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 27th 2013, 5:29:12

you fight back because even if you cannot win, you don't take fluff. matter of principle.

mdevol Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 9:04:37

smegma where have you been? principle died with chivalry...
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Rip It Up Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 9:48:51

Originally posted by Rockman:
Simple - don't fight back at all. If they want to blindside netters, then just don't fight back, let them tag kill you. Take the rest of the set off, and then come back next set. You get a nice 1 month long break from FFA.

What can you possibly gain by fighting back against NBK, other than encouraging them to be fluffs again in the future? By fighting back, you give them what they want.

sure..lay down and die like a fluff :-P im sure thats gonna earn tonnes of respect as well.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
MSN:

Rockman Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 12:32:57

Originally posted by Rip It Up:

sure..lay down and die like a fluff :-P im sure thats gonna earn tonnes of respect as well.

Earns more respect than FSing a bunch of countries that aren't setup for war.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 27th 2013, 13:43:39

Originally posted by mdevol:
smegma where have you been? principle died with chivalry...

I am old. I still open doors for my dates, and still throw them a towel to wipe off their face after the date.

pokey Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 13:44:56

Originally posted by gambit:
yes, but we hit pan by themselves the set before that, so it was just like a reeeally long war set for them and they deserved a long break

we also paid the price by losing a bunch of long time members after having been FS'd by NBK two sets in a row.
--TheOmega--
--Pandora's Last Vikings--
http://www.eepandora.com

Rip It Up Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 15:29:40

Originally posted by Rip It Up:

Earns more respect than FSing a bunch of countries that aren't setup for war.

lets agree to disagree on that.
MSN:

General Earl Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 16:20:13

Its a war game. Nobody is 'entitled' to net. When someone steps up, you fight or die trying. Its how the game works. It's not always palatable.. maybe we need a 'netting server' where your options are:

SS - Snuggle Someone
PS - Pet Someone
GS - Give Smooch
BR - Boob Rub
AB - Amorously Blow
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

xXxWaNgErxXx Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 17:31:19

How about everyone fights back... Maybe change is good. Lets just call it free anger managment. Hopefully none of you beat your family members in the past couple days.

patriotffa

Feb 27th 2013, 17:34:38

Originally posted by General Earl:
Its a war game. Nobody is 'entitled' to net. When someone steps up, you fight or die trying. Its how the game works. It's not always palatable.. maybe we need a 'netting server' where your options are:

SS - Snuggle Someone
PS - Pet Someone
GS - Give Smooch
BR - Boob Rub
AB - Amorously Blow

this is win!

Twain Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 17:55:29

I had this argument with people way back when NBK hit us twice in three sets (gambit, you guys actually gave us one set off between the wars).

In a way, it's absolutely true, but as AJ said, we haven't had to war for a long time.

I did resent the idea that because we don't play the way NBK does that we're lazy or bad at the game. That's ridiculous because it's not an apples to apples situation. Like I said in the other thread, it'd be like PAN taking pride in being better netgainers than CC or NBK. Even in a set last set when CC had 5 top 10s, you can't look at the TNW and ANW and think they compare to us in netgaining. But I'm sure, just like NBK, CC could rock us in a war.

At the same time, warring can actually be fun. There are probably about 4 sets that I've had the most fun playing EE. Most of them are netting sets, but the NBK/PAN and FoCuS war was the other one.

It's simply a matter of most of us who like to netgain like to play the game on our own timetable. I'm exceptionally busy right now and there are simply times when other activities I'm involved in, work, grad classes, spending time with my wife and son, or with friends, is simply going to take priority over jumping on a computer to stonewall or taking 2 hours a night to help run warchats. When we warred NBK last, I wasn't a father yet and it was summer break for me. The situation was that I had all sorts of time to make warring fun.

Does it suck for us to be warred? Sure.
Am I fluffing because we've been declared on the first time in, from what other people are saying, about 11-12 sets? Nah.

I'm only really sad about it because I was trying a new strategy and I thought it might give me my best finish ever, most likely getting up around 250M ANW or better.

We'll put up as much of a fight as we can. We're just not going to be dedicated to winning a war like we are to winning TNW over ESD and TKO.

If NBK were to start coming after us set after set, then this would be a different situation and Rockman's suggestion would be sound.

xXxWaNgErxXx Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 17:59:06

Twain, right on.

QM Diver Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 19:19:54

You said it, Twain! :O)
Gratz on your new ankle biter..
Pretty soon, curtain crawling, then..
It's the WORLD!!!

There should be a general rule:

"Protect your countries!"

:o)

Those who roll over and die.. NBK thanks you for padding our stats.

LMAO

Edited By: QM Diver on Feb 27th 2013, 19:22:08
See Original Post
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

synoder Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 1:03:55

twain,

I dont know who said you guys are lazy and/or not good at the game but I have your back on that one. Netting doesn't necessarily mean lazy (unless you are me) and you guys are for sure not bad at the game. I am sure your avg members knows more about netting than anyone in NBK. I appreciate your attitude towards it all :)

Twain Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 2:12:39

synoder: It wasn't directly said, but one of the nbk peeps (someone I'm not familiar with, so seemingly not one of your main guys) said something about basically killing poorly made countries.

They weren't poorly made. They were just optimized for netting. If we knew we'd have been FS'ed, clearly we'd have changed our build and would have had plenty of military. Heck, mine were the Greek hero names. If you were involved in killing them, you probably noticed they had a decent number of jets, only about 100k troops, and 100k turrets, but about 500-800M in cash.

Clearly, I could've made those into war countries just by going tyranny and spending my cash.

Anyway, like I said. I'm sure we won't offer you the challenge we did when we fought alongside FoCuS, but we'll do what we can. I've got 16 more for you guys to kill. I'll keep going until I either get too bored with it or until my schedule overwhelms me.

Heck, as I mentioned in our chat, if nothing else, it gives us a chance to all hang out in the warchat together making the "prickbot" that pokey programmed insult each other. That's always a good time.

synoder Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 3:14:13

true, at least warring always bring people to irc. I dont think we have had more than 2-3 people at a time in our irc for months until we FSed :)

KyleCleric Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 3:29:45

i'm also sure that most war clans recognize that Panlv knows what they're doing when they war. definitely one of the toughest clans to war against, imo.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Stryke Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 5:41:47

Originally posted by patriotffa:
Originally posted by General Earl:

SS - Snuggle Someone
PS - Pet Someone
GS - Give Smooch
BR - Boob Rub
AB - Amorously Blow

this is win!

I am inclined to agree!

a.k.a. NightShade
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

kemo Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 20:31:29

Originally posted by mrford:
step 1: cut a hole in the box
your instructions weret to vague. got my fluff stuck in a waffle
all praised to ra

Stryke Game profile

Mar 1st 2013, 10:35:02

Tell me it wasn't a blue waffle?

a.k.a. NightShade

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 1st 2013, 21:06:11

One of the clear benefits of warchats, was I got to try out a new bourbon that AJ recommended. I'll reserve judgement on it, but I did get seriously plowed last night.

ZIP Game profile

Mar 1st 2013, 21:58:28

i tried that new bug lager - not bad - very drinkable as lagers go.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 1st 2013, 22:07:07

Cognac or Sake for me ;-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Rip It Up Game profile

Mar 2nd 2013, 3:49:29

im drinking this stuff labelled Bear Grass Creek. its aight!
MSN:

Stryke Game profile

Mar 2nd 2013, 6:11:21

Rum, Whiskey, Scotch or Bourbon.

a.k.a. NightShade

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 2nd 2013, 6:17:31

Greedy bishhh :p
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Stryke Game profile

Mar 2nd 2013, 7:10:47

Me or RIU?

a.k.a. NightShade

Marshal Game profile

Mar 2nd 2013, 11:06:34

both.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....