Verified:

PG Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 19:57:23

SOL & RIVAL is pleased to announce that we have decided to have a friendly war this set.

The war will take place in January.

SOL & RIVAL have made an agreement… If anyone decides to FS either of us, we will both turn our forces against the enemies and kill it off, no matter relations with the offending alliance.

SOL will be here shortly to confirm this.
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

Suni Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 19:58:15

Confirmed

Looking forward to a good fight :)

Suni
SoL HIA

maverickmd Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 20:02:03

Good luck have fun!

How do you guys sort our FS in friendly wars?

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2012, 20:04:17

wheee :)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

Rockman Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 20:05:54

Man, now you're tempting us to FS one of you, just to see SoL & Rival try to work together.

En4cer85

Dec 18th 2012, 20:14:45

I look forward to seeing this war guys! Good luck to both sides!

Marshal Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 20:27:35

so if rival loses pg marries sov and if sof loses sov marries pg?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Alin Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 21:15:41

actually not. If Rival loses pg marries sov and if Sol loses Suni marries Sov.

Sov is the punishment for this war.

I feel sorry for Sov if Sol loses - US army BABY!!!

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2012, 21:24:05

45 vs 60? pretty brave of SOL, even if they are generally better at war than Rival.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Warner

Dec 18th 2012, 21:26:03

Well, if Sov is marrying one or the other, then Trilogy will be on the market. There ya go SoFers, now if your chance!
SoF

PG Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 21:26:30

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
45 vs 60? pretty brave of SOL, even if they are generally better at war than Rival.

you dont know the terms yet =)
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 18th 2012, 21:31:19

^^^
15 members or so will stay out to hit someone else ;)

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2012, 21:34:38

:)
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

iScode Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 21:59:50

lol so what your saying, is if someone wanted to FS rival in say three days, SOL would blatently break a pact to defend an alliance they are not pacted to?

And yet you think is acceptable.

If the friendly war was already in place I would agree that both alliances could turn round and hit someone who got involved, but you can not sit there and claim clemency until the war starts and threatin to break pacts.

I could announce every set that i have a friendly planned with sof and therefor no one is allowed to fs me.

requesting this is retarded...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Pride Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 22:17:58

Originally posted by iScode:
lol so what your saying, is if someone wanted to FS rival in say three days, SOL would blatently break a pact to defend an alliance they are not pacted to?

And yet you think is acceptable.

If the friendly war was already in place I would agree that both alliances could turn round and hit someone who got involved, but you can not sit there and claim clemency until the war starts and threatin to break pacts.

I could announce every set that i have a friendly planned with sof and therefor no one is allowed to fs me.

requesting this is retarded...

Agreed.

Ershow Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 22:20:51

I'm pretty sure this agreement would only apply to an unjustified (or grudge) strike.

If Rival were to farm iMag and provoke a war, I very much doubt SoL would get involved (and vice versa) and the pre-arranged war would either be called off or postponed.

Both Rival and SoL want this war to happen, therefore, it's a safe bet both alliances will not be provoking any other alliance, in return, we don't want any alliance provoking us.

Common sense scode.....common sense.

locket Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 22:22:35

I'd say a grudge strike is fair business personally. If it is a legit grudge.

Soultaker

Dec 18th 2012, 22:23:01

Good luck SOL... i'm gonna hunt you down Akula :))))

Ershow Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 22:25:32

Fair call locket.

LCN are really the only ones that would fit that bill really (as far as Rival is concerned) and I doubt Rival would ask SoL to break any pact with them should they hit us. If SoL are not pacted to LCN then they will be welcome to hit I guess. Thats my take anyway,but I'm just a peon these days so my assumptions may be wrong.

Edited By: Ershow on Dec 18th 2012, 22:29:56
See Original Post

Ershow Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 22:35:53

I don't like to think of this as a 'friendly war'. To me this is a pre-arranged war between two alliances that really don't like each other that much. An opportunity to duke it out and vent some of that pent up distaste for each other without the nuisance of excessive plotting to get the FS advantage.

A date is set, terms to be agreed upon and of we go.

Oh, and good luck to SoL. See you on the battle field!!

iScode Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 22:36:04

so ershow

rival hitting imag when we had a fair 1 on 1 war with lcn last set is no reason for us to have plans before the set even started of fs'ing rival after rival refused to pact us?
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Ershow Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 22:36:31

Whoops

Edited By: Ershow on Dec 18th 2012, 22:39:04
See Original Post

iScode Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 22:37:36

not saying we did have plans, but just saying if we planned before this was announced to fs rival, i feel we would still be justified in following those plans through and do not think breaking a pact because of that would be justified.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Ershow Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 22:51:15

so ershow

rival hitting imag when we had a fair 1 on 1 war with lcn last set is no reason for us to have plans before the set even started of fs'ing rival after rival refused to pact us?

I'm not fully up to speed with the goings on there Scode. I rejoined after that war was over. My understanding is that you poked your nose in where it didn't belong the reset prior and got paid your dues the following reset. A justified strike IMO, regardless of how fair your war was. Your logic would suggest that a fair war is a viable method of avoiding a strike against you for past indiscretions. A little hypocritical given the current discussion don't you think?

Put it this way, if you, or any other alliance bear a grudge and it's justified then I would hope Rival leadership would show the moral fortitude to accept it and deal with it.

Pain Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 22:51:53

so ershow

didnt imag hit rival when they had a fair 1v1 against tie?

Your mother is a nice woman

Ershow Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 22:56:04

But to clarify the situation in iMags instance. I don't think you would have any ground to bear a grudge. You hit Rival while it was at war, Rival paid you back the next reset.

Thats my take anyway.

iScode Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 23:06:21

two diferent situations, the war was over and we declared war (didnt fs) three days before set end due to what we thought (incorrectly, which i apologised for) was a poor war tactic of recruiting at war, we had no outcome on the result of the war AT ALL.

Rival fs'd us three of four days into the war when it was even and the final outcome still hung in the balance.

bassically our fs was a political one which had no ingame effect at all, Rival's had a massive effect, not to mention they said they would pact us this set then randomly changed there mind
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Ershow Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 23:18:30

The effect ingame is irrelevant, you declared war. Your motives, political or not, are also irrelevant.

You can't run around declaring war one minute and then claim immunity from repercusions based on effect (or lack thereof) and your motives for attack.

Surely you understand that?

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2012, 23:40:50

Originally posted by Ershow:
The effect ingame is irrelevant, you declared war. Your motives, political or not, are also irrelevant.

You can't run around declaring war one minute and then claim immunity from repercusions based on effect (or lack thereof) and your motives for attack.

But that's exactly what you're doing in this case.

You're declaring that you can only war SOL even if iMag thinks your reasons for hitting them last set were crap.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Ershow Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 23:48:36

You seem to be a little confused Pontius Pirate. Maybe you should read the thread again, specifically my posts. But do it slowly, allow it all to sink in.

tisya Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 0:35:45

Good luck to both sides! :)
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

iScode Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 1:41:07

soo rival cant claim immunity from repercussions ether then. I think your missing your point.

Based on this. Each set I can post that imag and say laf are having a friendly war in the last month of the set and expect no one to hit us, then go the whole set with not actually warring. This is setting a precedent.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Sov Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 1:45:14

This is no different to what SoF/SOL announced 2 sets ago and it was not an issue at that time.

Ershow Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 1:59:27

iScode....are you really that retarded?

Repercussions from what exactley?

Your post is rather silly.

iTarl Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 2:02:49

well its an issue this time.

Ershow Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 2:06:53

Right, so iMag were/is/was planning on hitting Rival because Rival hit you back the reset after you jumped them (based on a wishy washy self proposed server wide policy that was later retracted). Genius.

iScode Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 2:11:31

i really am that retarded!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iScode Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 2:12:48

it was not the fact you hit us it was when you hit us. Also it was three sets after we hit you, not the set after.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Ershow Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 2:14:12

Ok, well I'm glad we settled that then.

I'm outta this thread, probably already going to get a good whooping from PG.

iScode Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 2:17:22

na, dont get me wrong you make some good points, its just i dont like the whole alliances being safe until the war starts thing, i hope you can understand my point of view there.

on a side note - we did ask rival for a pact this set ;)
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iScode Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 2:21:21

oh the na was you wont get a whooping from PG, she listens to her hubby
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Ershow Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 2:27:27

Yes I can, but I think you misinterpret the intention and so long as we don't provoke anyone I don't see it being a problem.

As far as I am aware, this isn't a ploy to screw anyone over by farming/pissing them off and then threatening the wrath of a SoL/Rival banging if they retaliate. All Rival/SoL are saying (again IMO), is that if you want to hit either of us during the lead up to and during this arranged war, and mess it up for us, you better have a damn good reason.

bertz Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 2:30:07

This is retarded a post.
What if Evo and LaF agrees to have a friendly netting set?
And will FS anyone destroying the netting set of the other?

That would be BS.

iScode Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 2:35:31

Yes I can, but I think you misinterpret the intention and so long as we don't provoke anyone I don't see it being a problem.

As far as I am aware, this isn't a ploy to screw anyone over by farming/pissing them off and then threatening the wrath of a SoL/Rival banging if they retaliate. All Rival/SoL are saying (again IMO), is that if you want to hit either of us during the lead up to and during this arranged war, and mess it up for us, you better have a damn good reason.

Fair enough Ershow.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 2:36:14

Originally posted by bertz:
This is retarded a post.

That would be BS.

Brilliant! lol

Kalick Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 2:39:48

Originally posted by bertz:
This is retarded a post.

That would be BS.

Couldn't that just be considered an FDP? I thought those were still a thing.

Sov Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 2:50:53

http://forums.earthempires.com/...-is-going-to-war-with-sol

This has been done before, not as many complaints back then ;)

Many of us in recent sets have been advocating such arranged and friendlier wars to the benefit of the game. I encouraged both Rival and SOL to settle their differences via this route as it is constructive.

Kalick Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 3:08:35

Originally posted by Sov:
Many of us in recent sets have been advocating such arranged and friendlier wars to the benefit of the game.

And if the "friendly" war offer is declined because of ridiculous terms, just hit them anyway for nebulous reasons. For the benefit of the game, of course.

Sov Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 3:14:20

If there are disputes and a friendly cannot be arranged then it is always possible that an unfriendly war will follow.

And if you are referring to last set, our terms were fair. TIE thought they were fair. I thought they were more than fair. MD did not like them. I did not like MD. If your leaders did not involve themselves in our dispute with TIE in the first place MD would never have been on our radar. MD put themselves in that position to begin with as MD leaders are well aware.

But MD's plotting and backroom deals are for another time and thread, but let me state for the record I prefer this method as opposed to MD's methods. If you think backroom plotting, manipulation and deceit are a good thing, then your leaders and you have something in common.

Pain Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 3:20:16

soo rival cant claim immunity from repercussions ether then. I think your missing your point.

Based on this. Each set I can post that imag and say laf are having a friendly war in the last month of the set and expect no one to hit us, then go the whole set with not actually warring. This is setting a precedent.

youre not understanding the idea behind this. nobody has said you cant declare war on either tag, they are just letting you know the repercussions in advance. this is no different from telling a tag that if they hit you, your FDP will hit them also.

Your mother is a nice woman