Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 10th 2012, 2:01:44

this is pretty lame.... FS'ing an obviously netting, 4-straight-war-round weary alliance after lame grabs were made by your own members all round and productive ones made by PDM. You had a member advantage and a major FS surprise advantage, which you obviously knew about after you took ops, so again, that's quite lame.

this is the 2nd time that I've been around for a lame LCN FS on PDM for basically no reason, at least this time you're not helping tag jumpers stay in the war too. for an alliance that everyone considers to have class, this is another classless move. Hopefully this move will remove that apparently inaccurate label.

Time to watch another month be wasted and have another month to muddle around, wasting time. Moves like this -- surprise, reason-less ("we hate you") wars -- are exactly the problem with the way this server is played. You guys are no better than the worst of the server.

Edited By: Pang on Sep 10th 2012, 2:03:58
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

nimrodix Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 2:06:55

boo hoo

ninong Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 2:07:06

i still <3 you pangy!
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Sov Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 2:07:50

Ninong is a tree-hugging pansy!

ninong Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 2:11:07

Originally posted by Sov:
Ninong is a tree-hugging pansy!

we need to save the trees!
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

elvesrus

Sep 10th 2012, 2:18:44

no offense pang, but last time LCN FSed PDM was when Sanct called them in as an FDP after we FSed Sanct (we even beat them to the punch knowing it was coming).

I'd also like to point out that we had a lot of fun during that set, especially with LCN as they were just there to support an ally.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Purposeful1 Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 2:19:14

I think we made quite clear in our wardec that we had more than "basically no reason." Trife really did quit doing FA after the madness this set.

I think the vast majority of the server knew that LCN was looking for a war this set; if you feel that the war is terribly unfair, then you have many options at your disposal, like, for example, calling in allies.

We also weren't "sneaky" at all in our "major FS surprise"; the communication delays, the complete hold on PDM hits, and full turn save were obvious to several other alliances (as evidenced by their repeated ops on us and various inquiries). I don't know what to tell you if you really had no clue this was coming.
Purposeful1

dLpLow Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 2:20:41

hmmm if u guys are bored come play with LORDS on team server.....only a month long and fueds last weeks not years!!!!!
poor laf
10:36 ee: GS pLow is HERE (#422) [SoF] --> Oslo 1952 (#201) [LaF] -- 2C/81F
And for you freaks.
http://www.mediafire.com/...7cfyj1ley48a/IMG_0973.m4v
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h1tcgo1

flameo

Sep 10th 2012, 2:25:23

So you had a suicider that hit PDM, your FA quit because of the FA madness surrounding this, then FS PDM? what a classy reason to FS someone.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 10th 2012, 2:25:30

Originally posted by Purposeful1:
I think we made quite clear in our wardec that we had more than "basically no reason." Trife really did quit doing FA after the madness this set.

I think the vast majority of the server knew that LCN was looking for a war this set; if you feel that the war is terribly unfair, then you have many options at your disposal, like, for example, calling in allies.

We also weren't "sneaky" at all in our "major FS surprise"; the communication delays, the complete hold on PDM hits, and full turn save were obvious to several other alliances (as evidenced by their repeated ops on us and various inquiries). I don't know what to tell you if you really had no clue this was coming.

None of that makes it better -- I read that as you FS'ed PDM "just because you need a war".
Why pick on PDM? because PDM is the right size/effectiveness that it's a slam-dunk war?

"it should have been obvious that we were going to be fluffs" doesn't make it any better for you to be a fluff

I think you've had too many drinks on Hanlong's dime, Purp. Your spin is sounding a lot like him.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Ravi Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 2:35:45

I've been playing this game for 15 years and it still shocks me that people cry like babies when they are FS'd and act like they had no clue and that it was totally undeserved.

Look Trife is our resident punching bag...but we don't appreciate outsiders abusing him like we do.

If you don't want a war might I suggest you don't agitate an alliance looking for one.

Do you know if Zen were a woman I'd do him? So would you.

I created a country this set just to kill Trife. I guess PDM will have to do. Although I reserve the right to kill Trife anyway.

elvesrus

Sep 10th 2012, 2:39:20

Originally posted by Ravi:

Do you know if Zen were a woman I'd do him? So would you.

if? woman? why lie?
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Ravi Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 2:41:44

Well if he shaved, grew some breasts and hid his penis from view I might fondle him a bit and say it was prison sex. Prison sex ain't gay.

LCN is like a prison.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 10th 2012, 2:42:29

ahh yes, fluff posts already. when you don't have a leg to stand on, stand on fluff. :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Boltar Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 2:49:31

you know for someone who supposedly isnt playing.. and doesnt have alot of time to work on his game that he offers for free (thanks btw).. u spending alot of time on here fluffing and complaining about everything that happens to PDM

Edited By: Boltar on Sep 10th 2012, 2:57:29
See Original Post

Ladijapri Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 2:52:19

Nice to know that after 13 years nothing has changed.

STFU with the crying and hit back ffs
You go away now or we will farm your pimple covered ass!

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Sep 10th 2012, 2:55:04

blah blah blah, shut up and fight.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

nimrodix Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 2:58:31

when the entire membership base of your alliance is screaming for some dopes head.
whacha gonna do

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 10th 2012, 2:59:40

Originally posted by Ladijapri:
Nice to know that after 13 years nothing has changed.

ok, give us a month to plan, a 10 member advantage and a clearly unprepped netting alliance to hit and we'll be right on it! That's the LCN way!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Ravi Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 3:00:26

The Fat Man is wise. Whats up bro?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 10th 2012, 3:01:18

Boltard: I have been working on the game lately... i guess you just don't care because it's been stuff you can't flame me for (design) :)

but don't believe everything you hear through the grapevine, dingus :)

-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

nimrodix Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 3:02:08

killin :)

Purposeful1 Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 3:02:28

Actually, that scumbag TAN is the only one who I've ever joined for drinks on his time. And I felt so dirty I had to wear gloves.

More seriously, though, we left lots of alliances open this set, and when it came down to it, nearly all of the actual conflicts centered around PDM. We were able to resolve most of them at the FA level (and actually, we continued to pay reps on one of them all the way up till the FS--and we'll finish up the reps on that particular incident once this war is over), but the overall frustration eventually hit a boiling point, both among general membership and some of our leaders. That's why PDM.

Admittedly, we didn't take your recent war history into consideration. We've had our heads in the sand for the last few sets. We opted to stay out of (either side! of) the grudge wars because we believe those kinds of wars aren't good for the game, and we felt that LCN's entry would imbalance either side too much. And nobody likes an unfair fight. Present company included--as I said before, lots of alliances are unpacted, so you do have options.

So, as Japri said more succinctly than I'd ever be able to put it:

Purposeful1

Ravi Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 3:02:42

I'll tell ya what Pang.....next time we will give you a 7 reset heads up, a 50 member advantage, let you FS first and wait 10 days to do a counter strike. Would that make you happy buttercup?

nimrodix Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 3:02:48

oh yeah thanx Pang for the game

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 10th 2012, 3:03:25

We opted to stay out of (either side! of) the grudge wars because we believe those kinds of wars aren't good for the game

ya, and this is much better for the game :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

tisya Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 4:32:42

Well, apparently I am incredibly naive. Thanks for the lesson Purp.
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 10th 2012, 4:47:02

Yeah easy for you to say that with a 10 member advantage, FS on an unprepared alliance, and have already killed 14 and crippled a few others with missiles.

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 10th 2012, 4:50:51

you know the old saying "Talk fluff then you get hit!" die pdm die!
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 10th 2012, 4:51:37

We didn't talk fluff retard.

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 10th 2012, 4:53:53

you obviously did or your alliance wouldn't be half dead lol
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 10th 2012, 4:54:33

That just shows you don't know what you're talking about. Move on.

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 10th 2012, 4:56:02

I know this much, your getting a hell of a hiding!
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 10th 2012, 5:01:30

sigh...

tisya Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 5:07:57

Don't feed the trolls :P
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

de1i Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 5:16:46

Breaking news...

The amount of war declarations by any alliance that required anything remotely resembling testicles through the course of time/this game's existence is very low.

Good luck to well nobody.

Also pretty sure I saw saiya posting on one of the two threads regarding this war. Please die of brain cancer already you piece of fluff.

Edited By: de1i on Sep 10th 2012, 5:18:53
See Original Post

Drow Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 5:29:05

heh. Bet I am dead already :p
oh well, back to the battlefield, and do what we can.

I feel sorry for tAN tbh, he was trying to encourage closer relations and building a friendship with you guys from our end. Guess you're bigger douches than we all gave you credit for.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Leto Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 10th 2012, 5:31:17

It actually was benign skin cancer, Deli. Hope things are going well with you and your family bud.

locket Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 6:36:53

Actually, that scumbag TAN is the only one who I've ever joined for drinks on his time. And I felt so dirty I had to wear gloves.

More seriously, though, we left lots of alliances open this set, and when it came down to it, nearly all of the actual conflicts centered around PDM. We were able to resolve most of them at the FA level (and actually, we continued to pay reps on one of them all the way up till the FS--and we'll finish up the reps on that particular incident once this war is over), but the overall frustration eventually hit a boiling point, both among general membership and some of our leaders. That's why PDM.

Admittedly, we didn't take your recent war history into consideration. We've had our heads in the sand for the last few sets. We opted to stay out of (either side! of) the grudge wars because we believe those kinds of wars aren't good for the game, and we felt that LCN's entry would imbalance either side too much. And nobody likes an unfair fight. Present company included--as I said before, lots of alliances are unpacted, so you do have options.

What did PDM do that offended LCN so badly? As an outsider it looks like you guys are pretty gutless here and then insult them when they complain about being blindsided while netting... seems as if you created the last issues that led to this... making "funny" posts only adds to that imo

flameo

Sep 10th 2012, 6:47:14

AFAIK, PDM did not instigate any of those conflicts. The only issue that had not been resolved prior to the FS was involving the suicider. Your reasoning only tells
A. we will suicide on you and
B. fluff reps, we will FS you.

highrock Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 7:15:57

Everyone knows how this game works.

1. Decide pre-reset whether to net or war.
2a. If net, avoid conflict at all costs. Take it in the ass this reset and then go after them next reset.
2b. If war, decide which alliances are possibilities for targets. Pick alliances that are preferably slightly weaker than you. Pact accordingly.
3. Play it loose with the FA issues. Take any excuse you get to FS.
4. Make up some FA excuse to make it seem like war was not predetermined.
5. FS.

Frankly, deciding whether to net or war before the reset starts is lame. But that is the way to play to maximize your abilities.
formerly Viola MD

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 7:42:58

Can we make a quote of the year?

highrock, I do not know you. I have an opinion on most AT posters, but not you.

You are now awesome in my books.

Charcoal~

PS: Not as awesome as Brink....
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

AxAlar Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 8:35:18

Originally posted by Pang:
this is the 2nd time that I've been around for a lame LCN FS on PDM for basically no reason, at least this time you're not helping tag jumpers stay in the war too.

Ahh, this makes playing for LCN so much more worth it :D
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Devestation Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 8:41:13

Well done, LCN, I'm upset. Although I was already upset when I logged in today.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/...ewsid/147336/default.aspx

WE ARE PORT ADELAIDE

TNTroXxor Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 10:32:18

Shut down the game and give them their lives back
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Drow Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 10:42:53

honestly? I'm more annoyed that I actually have to pay attention to running a war instead of blowing fluff up in WofT or WoW

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Flamey Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 11:08:31

Originally posted by Pang:
this is pretty lame.... FS'ing an obviously netting, 4-straight-war-round weary alliance after lame grabs were made by your own members all round and productive ones made by PDM.

No one was making you FS SoF/LaF last reset...

paladin Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 11:54:46

Originally posted by Boltar:
you know for someone who supposedly isnt playing.. and doesnt have alot of time to work on his game that he offers for free (thanks btw).. u spending alot of time on here fluffing and complaining about everything that happens to PDM

Well if LCN weren't complete assholes, then he wouldn't be here complaining. Hell this even got me to post here again, and that only happens a few times a year now.

Edited By: paladin on Sep 10th 2012, 11:58:43
See Original Post
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 10th 2012, 12:45:03

highrock is supposed to be one of PDM's best buddies...

trumper Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 13:00:50

The bottom line is if you're in a netting set, Pang, then PDM is not in the position to be asking everyone else to comply to the PDM retal window, PDM grabbing rules, etc. Particularly not when half of your guy's acres come from trading arrangements. So when it all of that becomes so complicated that we lose our beloved FA, well, then we have to take a stand.

Also, a surprise, really? We stop all hits, we save turns, and ignore FA requests for the nonsense that caused our FA to quit, which by the way was clear as day here on AT.