Verified:

mrford Game profile

Sep 23rd 2011, 1:46:14

Braves arnt playing well. I know you have little hope, but i have less unfortunately. Its unbelievable that we have shat all over a 9 game lead. Braves usually finish strong, and now we are attempting to limp into the WC spot.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Assassin Game profile

Sep 26th 2011, 15:22:49

Dear Fordy,

We decided to pitch Lee, Oswalt, and Hamels this final series.

xxoo,
The Phillies

mrford Game profile

Sep 26th 2011, 19:22:57

GO fluff YOURSELVES PHILLIES
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Sep 26th 2011, 23:22:00

CHIPPA JOOOOOOONESSSSSS
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

Sep 27th 2011, 1:48:01

GO PHILLIES ;)

I will admit. That hurt a little to say.

mrford Game profile

Sep 27th 2011, 2:19:27

i will stab you in the face with a used tampon
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Sep 27th 2011, 3:31:26

ASTROS FTW
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Assassin Game profile

Sep 27th 2011, 15:11:11

Dear Fordy,

We've decided not to pitch Hamels tomorrow after all because, well, we sort of want the Braves and their 9-16 September record to make the playoffs.

xxoo,
The Phillies

Twain Game profile

Sep 27th 2011, 18:40:25

See, I would think the Phillies would prefer St. Louis (although I do admit it's arguable).

If the Braves make the playoffs, then the Phillies get either Arizona or Milwaukee. Beyond Philly, I think Milwaukee is the most dangerous team in the NL by far. They have the 2nd best offense by OPS and have a pitching staff anchored by Gallardo and Greinke. Even though Greinke's been only a pretty good pitcher this year instead of a true ace, you know the potential is there. The Crew's only 1 game ahead of the D'backs right now, so there'd be a chance for Milwaukee/Philly in the first round.

If St. Louis makes it, it'd be Philly/St. Louis. I think St. Louis's recent surge makes this arguable instead of clear-cut towards preferring a Braves choke, but St. Louis is still a team without their ace (in Wainwright) and a team that prior to the last 20 games was a pretty mediocre team most of the season.

I understand the Phillies not pitching Hamels because they obviously have other good options and their first priority at this point should be setting their playoff rotation, but I don't necessarily agree with the idea that the Braves making the playoffs is the favorable situation for the Phillies.

I am a bit shocked though that this surge has continued. Every time St. Louis had a setback loss, I expected them to string together 2-3 losses and let the Braves clinch. But the Braves have continued to struggle and the Cardinals have avoided letting an individual loss break up their hot play.

I'd be curious to see what St. Louis's stats are for September alone. I'd imagine they're pretty gaudy.

Assassin Game profile

Sep 27th 2011, 19:59:02

i totally agree that milwaukee is the biggest threat, particularly in a five game series. but i'd rather play arizona than st. louis.

mrford Game profile

Sep 28th 2011, 2:58:41

fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Thunder Game profile

Sep 28th 2011, 12:26:17

Originally posted by mrford:
fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff
x2
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

downsay2

Sep 28th 2011, 14:15:54

Today will be an interesting day for MLB

Assassin Game profile

Sep 28th 2011, 14:26:46

Dear Fordy,

If you can't shell Joe Blanton, you don't deserve to make the playoffs.

xxoo,
The Phillies

mrford Game profile

Mar 28th 2012, 7:51:01

Bumpcity

It's about that time of the year. Braves didn't make too many moves but still look good IMO.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

Mar 28th 2012, 13:07:17

pfft. Dragon's thread is the new baseball thread. You and your Braves thread are old news, fordy. :P

mrford Game profile

Apr 15th 2012, 2:48:27

4 game win streak in which kimbrel has 4 saves! Wewt, good turn around after a fluffty start to the season. Still cant wait for chipper to return..... Again
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

Apr 16th 2012, 23:18:15

Good news this year, fordy. If the same thing happens this year, at least both the Cardinals and Braves would make the playoffs (albeit for a 1-game playoff between the two). ;)

kingofthezulus

Apr 17th 2012, 3:04:18

Beachy looked great the other day, I expect big things from Minor this year too.

legion Game profile

Apr 17th 2012, 14:57:00

Go Braves
Nobody puts baby in a corner

mrford Game profile

Apr 21st 2012, 23:09:50

Braves are 9-1 in their last 10 games after starting the season 0-4. In that 10 game spam that have scored 74 runs and Freddie Freeman has been playing like a fluffing boss.

/me chops all over the thread
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Apr 22nd 2012, 5:29:18

10-1 in last 11. Braves are here and makin noise
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Assassin Game profile

Apr 22nd 2012, 15:00:00

april ftw!

mrford Game profile

Apr 22nd 2012, 16:43:55

Hey, you win in April it takes the pressure off you in September. There were many games the braves should of won early last year that they didn't because their intensity wasn't there because as you seem to be pointing out, it's only April.

Well, the braves missed the playoffs last year and any one of those dumb losses in April Coulda changed that
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 5:18:37

Chipper hit a solo HR on his 40th birthday to help the braves win against the Dodgers 4-3 and kimbrel got another save.

Don't get me wrong, last night scared me, but tonights turnaround was fluffin dope.

BRAVES FOR THE fluffIN WIN
Swagger of a Chupacabra

zisef Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 21:47:33

Yuuup

Assassin Game profile

May 2nd 2012, 2:14:09

... and that's 8 straight braves losses to the phils

mrford Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 3:17:11

And that's a chipper jones HR in the 11th to walk off and walk on that losing streak :)

I mean WTF, 15-13 with Hansen and Halladay starting? That was a really fun game to watch, and chipper is a beast, even at 40.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Assassin Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 14:04:21

that game was ridonkulous

Assassin Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 19:21:11

i have no idea who killed joe blanton in the offseason and assumed his identity, but he has my full support

mrford Game profile

May 6th 2012, 17:31:29

Wednesday the braves trailed 0-6 and won it 15-13 in 11

Friday the braves were down 0-5 and won it 9-8 in the 11th again I believe.

Last night, Saturday, the braves trailed 0-6 and won it 13-9

This is insanity, and extremely entertaining to watch. He'll, chipper had 5 RBIs last night lol.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

May 22nd 2012, 12:49:12

Braves are surging. The NL East is likely going to be the most interesting division to watch this year with the Phillies still lurking, the Nationals being much improved with all their young players and Miami with their much improved team as well.

Even the Mets are 2 games over .500 right now, but I kind of expect them to be around 70 wins by the end of the season, so I'm leaving them out.

If your Braves win that division, they certainly earned their post-season berth.

mrford Game profile

May 23rd 2012, 19:07:18

The reds are hurting us with the long bps right now, but I ain't worried, we ain't had chipper all series
Swagger of a Chupacabra

jon316 Game profile

May 26th 2012, 1:38:35

I gotta say, this is a nice thread. I'm not all that thrilled reading the old news.

mrford, Posey is still out.

mrford Game profile

May 28th 2012, 13:54:12

Well the braves have lost 6 or 7 in a row. I'm starting to get a bit frustrated that our hot bats have started to cool off in a big way. We need chipper and McCann back to spark our offense
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

May 30th 2012, 1:28:28

Even good teams have bad stretches. I didn't realize how much the Braves had been struggling until I just looked it up (due to your comment).

The Cardinals have been scuffling recently too, but they're 5-5 in their last 10, as opposed to the 1-9 the Braves were coming into tonight's game. Of course, as I say that, your Braves are currently up 5-4.

mrford Game profile

May 30th 2012, 19:26:08

ttt

We finally won last night!!!!!!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Jun 4th 2012, 16:41:19

Lol, the NL east is fluffing insane. Braves are in third place with their 8 game slide, but the WORST team in the division is playing .509 baseball. Should be a fun summer of baseball
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

Jun 4th 2012, 18:16:12

Yeah, the East divisions are looking especially strong (both AL and NL) while the Central divisions are looking pretty pathetic.

It'll be interesting to see if that continues to be true throughout the season or if all those NL East teams start to beat each other up and the NL Central top teams rise up from playing teams like the Cubs and Astros.

Here's an interesting question for you though fordy: Are you more concerned about the Mets, who lead your Braves right now, or the Phillies, who obviously are the cellar dwellers but still have that amazing (on paper at least) rotation?

mrford Game profile

Jun 4th 2012, 21:43:32

Depends on the phillies injury recovery

I'm more worried about the marlins than the mets imo
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

Jun 5th 2012, 2:23:13

yeah. I figure the Marlins will be for real though and you'll simply have to either outplay them or try to grab a wildcard.

The Nationals are somewhat "for real" as well, although it'll be interesting to see if their youth/the limits on Strasburg ends up dragging them down this year, in that whole "not ready for prime time quite yet" way.

But given how good the NL East is so far, it's possible the NL East 3rd place team could be the other wildcard.

As a fan of a team that could be hoping/fighting for a Wild Card if the Reds end up winning the division though, I'd be least concerned about the Mets from the East staying in contention all year. I guess you never know though. The last couple World Series champs have all been pretty unlikely. Definitely shows that in baseball, there occasionally are some pretty crazy scenarios that play out, unlike the NBA games I'm watching now where you can pretty much name 3-4 teams at the beginning of the season and almost know you're picking the champ.

mrford Game profile

Jul 4th 2012, 3:00:13

Man I just love watching Chipper play. Tonight, the night he was announced to the all-star team for his final time, he has a 5-5 night with 4 RBIs. Believe it or not it was only his 3rd career 5 hit game, last of which being in August of 2002. His BA jumped 22 points tonight and he looks like a kid out there having fun.

I truly will miss him next yer
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Jul 4th 2012, 3:05:28

I forgot to mention that he also stole 2nd and made a defensive play at third that will probably make SCs top 10 as well tonight lol
Swagger of a Chupacabra

legionx Game profile

Jul 6th 2012, 3:41:31

Go yankees

mrford Game profile

Jul 10th 2012, 11:22:40

4 all-stars! A starter at seccond base in Dan Uggla, a center fielder in Michael Bourne, a third baseman in the great Chipper Jones, and a closer in the young, great, Craig Kimbrel. Wewt
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pteppic Game profile

Jul 14th 2012, 19:54:12

why are people more crazy about the braves than the hawks? ok, the braves one something.

mrford Game profile

Jul 16th 2012, 15:04:39

It is a regional thing. You can't compare the two sports. When I was growing up, in Charlotte, there were two channs that ran baseball games. WGN that ram Cubs games, and a Turner channel (it changes names often) that ran braves games. That is it, so you were either a Cubs fan, or a Braves fan. It is the same story through the south. There sent that many teams in the heart of the south, so many went after the Braves. It also didn't hurt that through the 90s they won 14 pennants in a row.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Assassin Game profile

Jul 17th 2012, 14:28:38

*division titles

mrford Game profile

Sep 19th 2012, 22:11:11

Bump, I can't believe that chipper only has around 12 regular season games left. It has been cool watching all the final away games and the opposing teams pay tribute to him, and he is still going strong. He makes SCs top 10 atleast once a week and is hitting around .300

There is a pretty solid chance that he will get to play in the post season this year as well, and with the braves recently sweeping the NL best Nats, I feel good
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

Sep 20th 2012, 21:14:17

I was thinking about bumping this myself.

Looks like the one-game playoff could be Atlanta hosting St. Louis.
You liking your chances of avenging the loss of your wild card spot last year, fordy?

The Cardinals are so up or down, I honestly have no feeling for whether they could beat the Braves in a true winner-take-all situation. The offense can be so good, but I just don't see any of our pitchers this year as being true stoppers (Lohse is probably statistically the best guy, Wainwright's the one I'd probably have the most faith in).

Regardless, I do like seeing two teams from the East, with neither of them being Philadelphia or New York, making the playoffs (barring an even crazier and more unlikely collapse than last year)