Oct 11th 2010, 3:34:31

no more love for brooks conrad?

mrford Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 7:28:27

I will physically hunt down and kill anyone that talks fluff about

Bobby Cox
Chipper Jones
Billy Wagner

I love the braves, and thank you for taking Bobby Cox to the playoffs one more time

for the 3 first ballot hall of gamers, I love yu, and thanks for playing for the braves.

To Bobby Cox, it was said that 11 Managers and Coaches once played under you. Thanks for all you have done

Atlanta Braves till I die

I love baseball

Edited By: mrford on Oct 12th 2010, 17:23:24
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

kemo Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 4:01:23

conrad sucks. 3 errors in the 3rd game alone. the last one gave the giants the game winning run. few close calls the umps missed from not havin the right view too. sadly though phillies i think woulda dominated them anyway
all praised to ra

Thunder Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 20:24:41

Conrad was playing out of position..he's a 3rd baseman...end of season pressure got to him..he's a rookie..it happens.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

kemo Game profile

Oct 19th 2010, 22:50:06

2nd or 3rd base wouldnt change how you field a ground ball :P
all praised to ra

mrford Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 0:55:46

Actually, it does.

3rd base has a physical line that the player can use as a crutch to assist in his coverage of his area. It's called the foul line.

Didn't you ever play infield as a kid?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

kemo Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 2:25:43

outfield

but he didnt have to go left or right. his glove was just too high.
all praised to ra

BlackMamba Game profile

Nov 17th 2010, 4:28:22

Dan Uggla for Omar Infante and pitcher Mike Dunn

What an amazing trade for the Braves.

Now they have a 2nd baseman that can field the ball and hit. :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5814146

Thank you Marlins!

mrford Game profile

Nov 17th 2010, 11:36:38

Agreed

but infanti was on fire towards the end of the set

I'm sad to see him go.

Dunn will be a nice addition to our rotation

makes me think of Jessica beil in summer catch, so hot
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Chipper

Nov 19th 2010, 15:18:51

Hehe no one stoled my name :) Well I havent watch much baseball lately, but I still love me some Braves!

mrford Game profile

Apr 3rd 2011, 20:04:49

its that time of year again.

11-2 right now against the natties. tough loss yesterday, but this is def a way to bounce back. Tim looked really good on the mound today and got a ton of run support.

im hopeful for this year to contend with the phillies for that pennant, but they do have a beastly pitching rotation. Id compare it with the Braves rotation of the 90s.

we shall see what happens!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

Apr 4th 2011, 1:51:50

maybe so, but somebody doesn't have leo mazzone.

outside of the plate, and fastball to set up the breaing pitch. i love it. if you want to play mlb the show 10 i'll be happy to illustrate it for you ;)

CGiboney Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 1:14:38

Go Cards! Braves suck!

Unholy Monks

mrford Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 5:10:06

lol @ the cards
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Apr 17th 2011, 4:42:38

sweet doubleheader today! Braves win the first 4-2 and win the 2nd 4-0!

this puts them at 7-8 for the season. its not an ideal start to the season but it could be much worse. the braves have a very strong bottom of the order and it helped them today and will continue to the rest of the season.

on a related note, chipper hit another HR today, hiving him 17 seasons in a row with a HR. lol
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ZDH Game profile

Apr 17th 2011, 16:53:42

I want my team the Texas Rangers to get their first FINALLY.

But would be cool to get one for 1,000 year old chipper.
-BigZ

mrford Game profile

Apr 17th 2011, 18:18:00

chipper has a ring
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ZDH Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 18:16:30

Oh then fluff him GO RANGERS!
-BigZ

mrford Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 19:50:03

lol
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Apr 20th 2011, 5:25:14

holy fluff

Braves vs Dodgers right now

it was 2-1 braves going into the top of the 9th

its now 10-1 with 2 outs. Eric Henski has 2 hits and 3 RBIs in the 9th alone!

what a stat padding inning!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

May 5th 2011, 1:17:06

braves started out slow but they have since won 8 of their last 11 are are up 5-0 on the brewers in the 2nd half of tonight double header.

they are finding their stride. but we are in a tough division. phillies are in first and marlins and braves are 1 2 in the wildcard race, lol
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Assassin Game profile

May 5th 2011, 3:39:11

it took a while, but mrford is now talking sense :-P

mrford Game profile

May 6th 2011, 4:09:48

braves sweep the brewers! thats 5 wins in a row and 10 of the last 13.

start a good series against the phillies tomorrow. Both the Braves and Phillies have very similar pitching so fat this season, however the phillies have been swinging heavier bats.

can the braves hot streak along with the philllies injury woes help the braves gain a few games on the first place team? we shall soon find out.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

May 7th 2011, 1:50:40

whats that Assassin? Lowe throwing a nono till he hurt himself in the 7th?

the braves 2 hitting the phillies in philly?

:P Lee had an amazing 16 Ks, but he got blown up in the 2nd inning and it was game from there. was an amazing pitchers dual.

Braves > Phillies!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Assassin Game profile

May 7th 2011, 17:08:34

congratulations, but having the highlight of your season on may 6 is sad, O.J.

mrford Game profile

May 7th 2011, 20:09:33

who said it was a highlight of a season?

i mean, would Lee throwing 16Ks and setting a franchise record not also count as a highlight?

wtf are you talking about?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Assassin Game profile

May 8th 2011, 3:27:41

lighten up, i was ribbing you, saying that yesterday would end up being the highlight of this season for the braves.

along those same lines, can you explain to me how kyle kendrick is 6-1 with a 2.3something era lifetime against the braves? he can't get anybody who isn't in a braves uniform out.

mrford Game profile

May 8th 2011, 3:51:27

i have no clue

bats have been a sour point for the braves recently. our pitching is amazing though
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

May 9th 2011, 3:26:21

wow that was a good game

i dont even know what to say on that one.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Jul 31st 2011, 9:33:04

"Freeman went 2 for 4 has reached base safely in 36 of his last 40 games. He is hitting.374 in 99 at-bats this month, and his 14-game hitting streak is the longest by a major league rookie this season."

"Uggla connected against Anibal Sanchez (6-4) in the third inning, belting his 20th homer to extend his career-best hitting streak to 21 games. He is batting .295 this month, raising his average for the season to .206."

"Uggla, who struck out with runners on first and third in the fifth, is batting .338 with eight homers and 18 RBIs since his hitting streak began."

i mean really. i know we are falling in the wildcard, and holding steady in the divisional race. AND we have missed out on the infamous "Beltran" and "Pense" prizes, but we have Uggla and Freeman. Both have woken the fluff up in the last month.

and these insane hitting streaks ate coming at a time where we have MVP candidate Brian McCann, outfielder and leadoff man Jordan Schafer, center fielder Nate McLouth, and Hall of Famer Chipper Jones on the DL.

i really couldnt be any happier with the braves right now.

i really dont even want to get into that Pirates series of this week.

Game 1: 2,5 hour rain delay, Pirates win
Game 2: 19 inning game 7 hours and 26 minute game time, Braves win on a insanely bad call
Game 3: 10 inning game, Braves win
Game 4: regulation game with a 47 minute rain delay in the 5th inning that featured no less than 2 more poor calls by the same blue that blew the call in game 2, who was now at 2nd base. Pirates win

that was the most exhausting series i have seen in a long time. i watched every minute of every game

Edited By: mrford on Jul 31st 2011, 9:35:33
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Sep 1st 2011, 7:03:55

Chipper Jones hits his 450th

Derrick Lowe hits his career first

and Kimbrel gets his rookie record 41st

HR, HR, SV

/me chops all over the thread
Swagger of a Chupacabra

PapaSmurf Game profile

Sep 1st 2011, 14:46:18

I'm a cubs fan :( All I can hope for is them getting a good GM now, and hopefully a fresh start. I hope the can build a franchise similar to the Braves or Twins. Baseball use to be my number one sport, but it's sick what has happened. I have only watched a dozen games this year.

mrford Game profile

Sep 1st 2011, 20:01:50

yeah, i have a few friends that are diehard Cubs fans. i just dont know how they do it. Historic franchise, but after 110 years, 3-4 times longer than they have lived, they havnt won a ring. Its a difficult thing to stay faithful through.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Son Goku Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 14:24:53

Lets go Mets!

mrford Game profile

Sep 5th 2011, 1:13:26

cheering for the Mets is like cheering for the clippers
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2011, 7:12:45

that 9-0 loss to the phillies was a bit extreme tonight. they better have a better showing tomorrow.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

Sep 7th 2011, 0:13:32

Originally posted by PapaSmurf:
I'm a cubs fan :( All I can hope for is them getting a good GM now, and hopefully a fresh start. I hope the can build a franchise similar to the Braves or Twins. Baseball use to be my number one sport, but it's sick what has happened. I have only watched a dozen games this year.

Poor Smurfy. At least I'm a Cardinals fan. We're out of it and pretty much have been for awhile, but at least we're having another overall winning season.

I am a bit scared to see what free agency will bring though. This off-season could either be a huge victory or a huge bust for the Cardinals, with Pujols obviously, but also Carpenter ($15M option), Wainwright (options for next two years, probably will be exercised), Lance Berkman, Furcal (just a rental, but could be resigned) and Edwin Jackson (probably unlikely to be re-signed)

So we'll have two guys who will garner at least a few MVP votes in Pujols and Berkman and three pitchers as potential free agents, plus our rent-a-player starting shortstop.

It'll be curious to see what happens with that.

mrford Game profile

Sep 7th 2011, 4:06:38

another rough 6-3 loss to the Phillies. Series, no matter the fluffty weather, has a playoff feel and its not feelin good for the braves. hope we dont meet the phillies first in the playoffs. someone needs to go on a run.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

Sep 7th 2011, 19:02:57

Originally posted by mrford:
another rough 6-3 loss to the Phillies. Series, no matter the fluffty weather, has a playoff feel and its not feelin good for the braves. hope we dont meet the phillies first in the playoffs. someone needs to go on a run.

Good news: You won't meet them first at least. Two teams in the same division cannot play in the Divisional round.

I would say though that your most likely first round matchup will be the Brewers though, which isn't much better, given the murderer's row of hitters they have. Clearly, Greinke, Marcum, Gallardo and Wolf aren't quite on the level of Halladay, Lee, Oswalt and Hamels, but it's a solid staff with, what I would consider right now, a much meaner lineup.

I think the favorites for the NLCS right now are Phillies/Brewers, but I would think the Braves have a much better chance of matching up well and beating the Brewers than the D'backs have of picking off the Phillies.

It would be a dream scenario for your Braves though (at least in my opinion) if the D'backs got hot and passed the Brewers. Then you'd get the Brewers/Phillies beating up on each other in the first round.

I may be wrong, but the way I see it, if there's a team with the best chance of upsetting the Phillies, it's the Brewers with that offense.

mrford Game profile

Sep 8th 2011, 1:14:30

lol, this was on ESPNs gamecast of tonights game

@Braves RT @DKnobler: As Charlie Manuel said, "The secret to beating the Braves is no secret. You'd better be ahead by the sixth."

truth, they have the best closing 3 in O'Flarety, Venters, and Kimbrel in the league.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Sep 8th 2011, 2:25:12

FACK Phillies walkoff on the Braves. First time all season Braves have been swept in a 3+ game series.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Assassin Game profile

Sep 8th 2011, 13:25:45

This thread just never fails to amuse. Much like the Braves themselves.

Twain Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 1:48:58

How you feeling about your wild card lead, fordy?

I think it's still a longshot and I don't really have a lot of faith the Cards can keep it up (especially after giving the game away to the Pirates late in the game last night, when we could have gotten the lead down to 3.5 games).

But 4.5 games with ~15 to play isn't impossible, and certainly has to feel a lot tighter than just a few days ago when they were up by 7.5

Twain Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 1:52:37

To add on to that though, I will say they've got what should be an easy road. The only one that looks tough on paper is the Phillies to end the season, but with the Phillies pretty have already having things locked up, you have to figure you're not going to see more than one of the top starters. I'd imagine they'll still start whoever comes up in the first game, but in those other two games, they'll be doing whatever they can to set their postseason rotation, so I'll be shocked if you see more than 1 of Halladay, Lee or Hamels.

Not that Oswalt or Worley are easy draws either, though.

mrford Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 1:59:16

the Braves have not had a kind few weeks. we will recover and return to play Atlanta baseball and take the WC easily.

i mean, we had the divisional race down to 4 games not too long ago, and we are nod down like 12. its insanity.

getting swept for the first time all season, and by the phillies no less, not too long ago apparently hurt.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 2:18:56

before winning tonight we had lost 4 in a row (longest losing streak of the season) and 7 of the last 9

we wont let that happen again. Team held a players meeting and just beasted the marlins 7 to 1 tonight following a heart breaking 12 inning loss to them last night.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 19:00:36

If you're right and your team doesn't let it happen again, they should have it locked up. If this skid continues though, St. Louis is lurking just close enough that it's still possible.

Even .500 ball should pretty much lock up the wild card though.

mrford Game profile

Sep 20th 2011, 20:20:12

down to a 3 game lead. this isnt looking very good. losing out top 2 pitchers has apparently hurt us more than i had expected it would. i still got hope that we will pull through and get the WC, but anything after that is in some serious doubt
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Twain Game profile

Sep 21st 2011, 12:59:46

2.5 games with 7 to play for the Braves and 8 for the Cards. San Fran being 4.5 back would need a miracle.

If the Braves even right the ship enough to go 4-3, it would require a very impressive finish for the Cards to win or tie (7-1 to tie, 8-0 to win).

However, with a last 10 games of 8-2 for the Cards, I think anything less than 4-3 for the Braves puts them in serious danger.

I was figuring September would be a month for us to see some of the AAA guys we called up get some time, and that might be the only fun part of watching my team this month, but even if the Braves hold on, this has certainly made watching Cardinal baseball a bit more entertaining.

Twain Game profile

Sep 23rd 2011, 1:43:51

fordy: Jason Motte says you're welcome. I was feeling good about overtaking you guys, but now 2 games back with 6 to play after giving away a 5 run lead with 6 outs left in the game....

It's still very doable, but 1 game back with 6 left to play with the way Atlanta and St. Louis both have been playing would have given me much greater confidence.