Verified:

Magellan Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 22:28:09

Simple.

Read these forums. It is a cesspool.

I mean it.

I have tried to bring in over 15 players from my old World of Warcraft guild to try out the game and they all said no way after reading these forums. Every one of them.

There are about twenty people (and not just one side or another but a few from almost EVERY alliance) who make these forums look horrible to a new player.

These forums are such an important part of the game since this is a text based game. When you have real life allegations, mod hating, mods hating back, allegations from basically anything to flat out rudeness......how in the hell do you think this game is going to grow?

I understand that there is going to be beefs between alliances and such, but some of you guys needs to just chill out and find a new hobby.

Now you may flame away.

Boltar Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 22:31:03

I don't know if its the real reason but it surely don't look appealing unless u like to be cause or start drama

locket Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 22:40:16

You suck and WoW sucks! ;) I miss WoW sometimes till i realize how much it was to play for a year.

iTarl Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 22:44:08

I think you hit nail on the head Magellan

Wharfed

Jul 3rd 2012, 22:49:35

I'm usually polite and don't hate anyone. It's too bad not everyone is like this.

TBH, this is also the same thing that happens in real world politics. It's really really fluffing stupid.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

bug03 Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 22:53:25

Originally posted by locket:
You suck and WoW sucks! ;) I miss WoW sometimes till i realize how much time I lost from real life

fixed

Mr.Silver

Jul 3rd 2012, 22:55:03

Originally posted by Magellan:
Simple.

I mean it.

I have tried to bring in over 15 players from my old World of Warcraft guild to try out the game and they all said no way after reading these forums. Every one of them.

There are about twenty people (and not just one side or another but a few from almost EVERY alliance) who make these forums look horrible to a new player.

These forums are such an important part of the game since this is a text based game. When you have real life allegations, mod hating, mods hating back, allegations from basically anything to flat out rudeness......how in the hell do you think this game is going to grow?

I understand that there is going to be beefs between alliances and such, but some of you guys needs to just chill out and find a new hobby.

Now you may flame away.

bingo! well said.

locket Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 22:57:11

Originally posted by bug03:
Originally posted by locket:
You suck and WoW sucks! ;) I miss WoW sometimes till i realize how much time I lost from real life

fixed

That too :P

Cabrito Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 23:34:24

LOL thats a good fix
When the white man discovered this country,
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.
White man thought he could improve on a system like this. - Cherokee proverb

Son Goku Game profile

Jul 4th 2012, 0:35:50

So they play wow despite their forums (which are much worse), but won't look past our forums?

Makes sense.

locket Game profile

Jul 4th 2012, 0:49:38

Originally posted by Son Goku:
So they play wow despite their forums (which are much worse), but won't look past our forums?

Makes sense.

Might be a lot of other places to post that are more popular like teamliquid.net on SC2. The diablo 3 forums are almost enough to turn me off playing it even though I enjoy it :P

MrBlackNBlue

Jul 4th 2012, 1:11:51

guess that completes that thought. Bozo the Clown doesn't wear a frown because Evolution loves to suck it all down.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.
Hmm, I can't post due to an IP Ban. Neato.

PinkyAndTheBrain

Jul 4th 2012, 1:20:33

Narf! AssHoles! Narf!
What are we going to do tonight Brain?
Same Thing As Always Pinky.
Attempt To Take Over The World,
And Fail Miserably...

Dibs Ludicrous was here. dowt!

oh noes. not another IP ban.

PinkyAndTheBrain

Jul 4th 2012, 1:21:54

*giggle* Hey Pang, sit on this finger and spin, baby. Narf!
What are we going to do tonight Brain?
Same Thing As Always Pinky.
Attempt To Take Over The World,
And Fail Miserably...

Dibs Ludicrous was here. dowt!

oh noes. not another IP ban.

incin22 Game profile

Jul 4th 2012, 1:23:55

Most people in wow are waaaaaaaaaay too interested in the game to care about the forums at ALL. Whereas this game you're done in 5 minutes

Twain Game profile

Jul 4th 2012, 2:18:28

Send them over to FFA! We're much more laid back over there. :)

Anonymous

Jul 4th 2012, 2:23:28

Finally someone interesting on the boards.

Welcome back Dibs!

Devestation Game profile

Jul 4th 2012, 11:16:01

I'm forced to agree. Whenever I mention this game to other people playing other nation simulation games, I immediately think "what should I show them to show that we're a political game", think forums, remember that the forums are fluffty and then instead tell them "if you don't like maths, don't bother playing".

Sifos Game profile

Jul 4th 2012, 11:58:41

Simple.

YES IT'S SIMPLE BECAUSE IT'S YOU, MAGELLAN, WHO DRIVE THEM ALL AWAY LOLZ!
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

Riddler Game profile

Jul 7th 2012, 3:08:45

World of Warcraft...seriously? people still play that fluff?

dagga Game profile

Jul 7th 2012, 13:37:19

HAHA. Yeah right.

It has nothing to do with the server killing tactics of the major alliances or the poor game mechanics that have not been tweaked since the game started in 1998 or the fact in 48 hours most major alliances can be destroyed and made useless for the rest of a two month set while they get farmed.

Has everything to do with a message board!

LOL. Funniest thing I've heard all day.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

iNouda Game profile

Jul 7th 2012, 15:39:49

Common Sense coming from the mouth of dagga.

MrX Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 0:07:58

Originally posted by Riddler:
World of Warcraft...seriously? people still play that fluff?

it keeps on growing... and now with the pandas :)
________
Join LaF { http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?clanID=LaF }
-+=[ Semper Paratus et Fidelis ] http://www.lafamiglia.org {iCQ: 168700501}

Nekked Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 0:12:02

closes all Wendy's in Mags area

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 0:57:34

I wouldn't play this game if this forum isnt in the state they are in now

Where else can get you entertainment for free anytime of the day
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

LaFinglolrik Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 21:14:49

CLOSE DOWN THE GAME! PUT UP AN SATELLITE TO BLOCK THE WWW!!!

Trixx Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 21:28:34

herpes
-=Trixx=-
Head of AT Spammage

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 22:54:45

bonus

MrX Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 23:29:59

! bonus !
________
Join LaF { http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?clanID=LaF }
-+=[ Semper Paratus et Fidelis ] http://www.lafamiglia.org {iCQ: 168700501}

iNouda Game profile

Jul 9th 2012, 0:06:28

Originally posted by TNTroXxor:
I wouldn't play this game if this forum isnt in the state they are in now

Where else can get you entertainment for free anytime of the day

^ and irc are the only reasons I'm still around =P

macmd Game profile

Jul 9th 2012, 1:25:33

+1 for Mags

ELDrifty Game profile

Jul 9th 2012, 3:24:24

I haven't played WoW in years... I miss it sometimes.
Survival of the Fittest/Illuminati X

Jul 9th 2012, 8:40:25

bonus!

Juden Game profile

Jul 9th 2012, 8:56:20

bonus

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jul 18th 2012, 17:04:50

ppl just dont know how to play the game begginers play rainbow strats thats why they dont stay plus they become farm food for everyone else and decide they are not good enough at the game to continue playing so they search for a game they do well at.. call of duty black ops rl_sarazin send me a request hahaha!!!!
Do as I say, not as I do.

trumper Game profile

Jul 18th 2012, 18:32:40

Originally posted by dagga:
HAHA. Yeah right.

It has nothing to do with the server killing tactics of the major alliances or the poor game mechanics that have not been tweaked since the game started in 1998 or the fact in 48 hours most major alliances can be destroyed and made useless for the rest of a two month set while they get farmed.

Has everything to do with a message board!

LOL. Funniest thing I've heard all day.

I'm in about 90% agreement with you and that I believe marks the third time, ever. I'm making a notation in my phone since it's a rare occurence and indicates I should play the lottery.

UBer Bu Game profile

Jul 18th 2012, 18:52:15

WoW is a ridiculously immersive game, and the casual player can still find plenty of things to do without ever setting eyes on the forums/cesspool. Even advanced raiding min/max type players can do all the research they need on third-party forums or database sites. Same goes for other MMOs to varying degrees.

The alliance server is nothing without AT. People take pride in the alliances they play in, and how those alliances compare and relate with other alliances. IRC and chats can be logged, but it isn't the same as a good old-fashioned BBS.

The game in general is not very immersive, not by the fault of the current admins but by the nature of a decades-old gaming format. There isn't a good means for alliance-to-alliance interactions to take place, outside of the forums or the War Room page.
-take off every sig.

Jul 18th 2012, 21:33:34

this game is laying in the grave!

NukEvil Game profile

Jul 18th 2012, 22:09:43

Originally posted by LaFinglolrik:
this game is laying in the grave!

It's laying in the grave, the dirt has been pushed over it...all we have to do now is turn and walk away.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Supertodd Game profile

Jul 19th 2012, 0:13:23

Forums may have a little to do with driving away new players, but I don't think they're the only reason. Not by a long shot.

The most obvious: It's a text-only, turn-based game. Who wants to play a text game when there are a myriad of RPGs out there that include graphics, and which you can play for an unlimited amount of time each day? (besides us nerds, of course)

Also, doing well in this game requires some effort, or at least some knowledge of math. For most people, that's just not what they're looking for in a game. Just look at the progression of virtually every MMORPG in history. No matter what level of challenge they might offer at first, almost all follow a progression of "dumbing things down". WoW is a pretty good example of that. The game that was the best MMORPG ever, IMO was Asheron's Call, and they did the same. If they don't keep making it easier and easier to get the new shiny object, people get bored or frustrated and leave.

And as far as gaming forums go, Earth's seem to be quite a bit more civil than the average. From what I've seen in the limited amount of reading I've done here since last night, it doesn't seem to me that these forums are any worse than they were when Mehul ran the game. So why has the player base dropped from several thousand to several hundred? I suspect rules enforcement may have a good deal to do with that. There were never really 10k Earth 2025 players.

Sure, there are the disagreements between this alliance and that alliance, or this player and that player, but the casual player isn't going to give a rip about those threads anyway. He or she will shrug and move on to looking for strat advice, or whatever brought him or her here.

T

Dooman Game profile

Jul 19th 2012, 1:55:10

+1

Serpentor Game profile

Jul 19th 2012, 2:16:34

Also don't forget the game is very basic and boring compared to today's video games. Only people who play are people with a historical attachment to it like all us old dinosaurs from EESITE and solarianet. Probably most people here would rather break out their old nintendo instead of playing an Xbox too. Just different times.
The EEVIL Empire

Serpentor Game profile

Jul 19th 2012, 2:19:29

Oh and I usually stay away from the forums here because it is a bunch of fluff. Even when I was in leadership positions I hated posting on AT.
The EEVIL Empire

cruddy Game profile

Jul 19th 2012, 3:10:25

i don't read the forums anymore because of what magellan said.

Marco Game profile

Jul 19th 2012, 5:48:06

Personally, if i was looking for a text game id want something with a draw. Looking at all the heated arguments, side vs. side. Id paplay just because of the forums. However we all know, when you're a noob the very first thing you do after making a game account is read the forums.

Maybe, the issue is more you brought one of the largest sized free roam game, highly involved gui game players, and brought them where our only graphic is an earth.

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Jul 19th 2012, 6:13:46

so what you're saying is that we should reach out to people who can't read
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

Xintros Game profile

Jul 19th 2012, 6:48:15

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Oh and I usually stay away from the forums here because it is a bunch of fluff. Even when I was in leadership positions I hated posting on AT.

Ditto, look at our post counts Serp! You bunch of reprobates!
I stop in and read some fluff once a day, no reason to post, except for the new bonus.

*bonus post
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a killrrun" - Xintros
https://www.soundclick.com/...efault.cfm?bandID=1381300

bug03 Game profile

Jul 19th 2012, 8:52:50

Xintros.... Now there is a name i haven't seen in years

Wu Game profile

Jul 19th 2012, 10:02:27

Simple.

I mean it.

Now you may flame away.

Agreed and Confirmed!

Atryn Game profile

Jul 19th 2012, 11:30:29

Simple.

We have a pool?