Verified:

Boltar Game profile

Jun 11th 2012, 21:20:07

please no flame until after he posts.. and lets see how long it takes for him to recognize this and post..

Details of the twenty-ninth round of Team

Multiple countries are not allowed.
Clans are allowed.
Turns are awarded every 15 minutes.
Countries can hold a maximum of 160 (120) turns.
The two billion dollar cash limit is not in effect on this server.
Standing orders are enabled on this server.
The minimum time for market goods to arrive on the market is 2 hours. The maximum time is 3 hours.
Unsold goods stay on the market for 24 hours.
A planned strike brigade is unavailable for 10 hours after launching.
A country can carry out a maximum of 75 spy operations per day.
Humanitarians protest if a country attempts to attack another country which is 12 times bigger or smaller than it.
The cost of GDI membership is $3 per acre.
Go Back to Portal Page

those are the rules stated for team server... where in said rules does it say 2 5 man clans can not help each other? so please answer me this.. how are u gunna go about threatening to delete those who do not honor the spirit of team? what is the spirit of team? unwritten rules? like in baseball if a player hits a HR u must nail the next batter in the back? please do elaborate and explain...

crest23 Game profile

Jun 11th 2012, 21:46:00

Haha! Party is OVER!
The Nigerian Nightmare.

de1i Game profile

Jun 11th 2012, 22:22:14

Are you really going to try and argue that what has and is happening on this server is OK? Regardless of what is or isn't written in the rules I think we can all agree that this server is broken and most of the things that take place here are not OK.

blid

EE Patron

Jun 11th 2012, 22:22:39

Originally posted by de1i:
Are you really going to try and argue that what has and is happening on this server is OK? Regardless of what is or isn't written in the rules I think we can all agree that this server is broken and most of the things that take place here are not OK.
Agreed

Not that I have serious ill will toward Boltar for doing what he does here, but it's crappy for the server.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

de1i Game profile

Jun 11th 2012, 22:39:22

And the problem with team isn't 2 5 man clans helping each other, it is the groups of 20+ posturing up as 1 unified entity and essentially dictating to the rest of the server that everyone has to play by their rules.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 11th 2012, 22:52:36

That cuz TSO can do it, de1l :p
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

de1i Game profile

Jun 11th 2012, 22:55:31

ORLY KoHartsPGA?!

Boltar Game profile

Jun 11th 2012, 23:09:04

no im not gunna argue that it is ok.. im just asking him to prove how it is against the rules. and even tho he is the admin/owner of this game.. what right does he have to threaten to delete anyone not going with the spirit of team (which is not a rule) that be like him saying.. u know what guys screw u all.. im picking up my ball and going home..

Mr. Titanium Game profile

Jun 11th 2012, 23:17:50

Whether its good for the server or not is not the question.

Multi tag teams are not against the rules as the rules are publicly displayed. Therefore no one should be deleted for their participation in teams greater than 5.

If they want to fix this specifically all that needs to be done is an announcement indicating any changes and posting those changes on the rules page. Beyond that Pang just needs to give Warster the authority to delete for abusing the new rules.

As for now, TSO, MIB, Monks, MKR are all playing within the posted guidelines even though they have more than 1 tag. It's not really any different than 1a in which untags are at the mercy of every tag and 20man alliances are at the mercy of 75 man alliances.

This is something that has gone on for a couple years, its nothing new.

de1i Game profile

Jun 11th 2012, 23:29:17

Regardless of how long it has gone on is irrelevant, it is the fact that it is going on. Will they delete people for violating it, no probably not but what very likely WILL happen is the server being closed down until some clear cut guidelines can be made and enforced.

And saying whether it is good or not for the server is not the question is the exact type of attitude/reason why this server is in its current state. IMHO this server was never supposed to be like 1a but making it so that it can't/won't be is not something that can very easily be done.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 11th 2012, 23:39:24

If its the way its going to work from now on, then it needs to be made official by posting the new rule to the rule book :)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Jun 11th 2012, 23:43:08

I play in said clans with above the limit. Why are they doing it? Because they can!

Do I like that we are going against what the "original" point of this server was? No. I am strongly against it, but like most people I am not going to sit in a 5 person tag and get bashed by people who have more tags than me.

The only way this server will work is if someone starts enforcing the same rules that apply in express, where if one person from tag A helps Tag B the people involved should get deleted. Then and only then will this server be right. People can then war 5 v 5 properly without another 10 tags threatening to kill everyone off or grabbing the 2 tags continuously because they can. There will be more competitive netting.

dLpLow Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 2:15:49

if u don't like it stop it
and if u can't stop it join them :D
poor laf
10:36 ee: GS pLow is HERE (#422) [SoF] --> Oslo 1952 (#201) [LaF] -- 2C/81F
And for you freaks.
http://www.mediafire.com/...7cfyj1ley48a/IMG_0973.m4v
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h1tcgo1

crest23 Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 2:36:12

It's simple, Multiple countries are not allowed should be changed to multiple teams are not allowed.

The same rules that apply to solo players messing up in solo servers should be applied to teams messing up on the team server.

Boltar, are you being serious that you do not know what the spirit of team is, or at least should be? You cannot tell me it is TSO with it's 10 teams telling the server that team A will war Team B and we will kill all.

If there is anything I have learned in life it is that no matter how big a gun you think you have, there is ALWAYS someone with a bigger gun. I read your post on AT and figured you thought you were dictating to the team server community what you can do as a TSO head, but unfortunately for you, Pang has a bigger gun.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Boltar Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 2:53:47

i have and always had said.. u post a set of rules that we need to follow.. and we will.. we did not make this server like it is. we are only playing like it was when we got here.. i know what the spirit of team server is.. but that "spirit" is not a rule. its a thought.. when they change the rules.. we will play by them.. until then.. we are playing as the game allows us to do so.. yes pang can pull the plug or delete us.. thats fine.. its his game he can do what he wants.. but.. if he does that. he needs to go thru all the logs and delete everyone else on this server who has even once played in a clan that had more then 1 tag..

elvesrus

Jun 12th 2012, 2:55:07

more like 6
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

waffledelux Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 2:55:57

Bang.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 12th 2012, 3:14:39

Mmmmm, waffles.....
(•_•)

braden Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 4:28:15

if it bothers him so fluffing badly, he can shut down the server. outside of myself i can't think of a single person who might give a fluff.

i guess he chooses not to?

Lucifer Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 4:52:48

Pang is off for the summer, Team will continue to be the way it is until then. Enjoy while it lasts boys.

crest23 Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 5:40:50

Originally posted by braden:
if it bothers him so fluffing badly, he can shut down the server. outside of myself i can't think of a single person who might give a fluff.

i guess he chooses not to?

It's more fun to delete cheats.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jun 12th 2012, 9:57:03

Originally posted by Boltar:
i have and always had said.. u post a set of rules that we need to follow.. and we will.. we did not make this server like it is. we are only playing like it was when we got here.. i know what the spirit of team server is.. but that "spirit" is not a rule. its a thought.. when they change the rules.. we will play by them.. until then.. we are playing as the game allows us to do so.. yes pang can pull the plug or delete us.. thats fine.. its his game he can do what he wants.. but.. if he does that. he needs to go thru all the logs and delete everyone else on this server who has even once played in a clan that had more then 1 tag..
Why is "the spirit of the rules" so difficult to understand for you? The server should be modded like Express, where obvious cooperation is deleted (in Express, obvious DR abusers can be deleted without proof of actual rules violation).
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

elvesrus

Jun 12th 2012, 10:09:44

you fail to mention that there was warning that it would be deletable

Rip It Up Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 10:51:14

It might not be against the rules but it's called etiquette. plenty of sports have unwritten rules but the good sports of those games follow the etiquette because its for the good of the sport.

this is no different.

those players that choose to cobine teams by playing directly for each other are just

a) bad sports
b) too handicapped to survive on their own
c) just wanna be douches cos they can't handle coming second best and will do anything to be number one. even if it means being hated by everyone else.

dont know about you but i wouldnt want to be any of those.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
MSN:

braden Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 10:54:20

except there is no deleting and no cheating, crest.

so.. what exactly are we discussing here with your point?

braden Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 10:56:15

you mean like the no cross checking etiquette in hockey.. or the no throwing at peoples' heads in baseball?

blid

EE Patron

Jun 12th 2012, 12:33:23

Originally posted by elvesrus:
you fail to mention that there was warning that it would be deletable
I bet Pang would warn that a crackdown is gonna start before the round where he starts deleting everyone
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 12:36:04

Or the use of a spaghetti racket in tennis. Call it whatever you want, but it ain't right.

Everyone that did it before TSO was wrong, and TSO is also wrong. I've played a few sets in team and have been killed just about every set. I always try to chat with the people that kill me off and from all indications, these guys are dumbasses.

As dumb as they are, I still believe they know it is wrong, and have said it here on the boards many times, so to be going "HUH!" now, is quite funny.

The funniest thing was Boltar bragging about it to Pang himself, hahaha! Now that, is, funny!

FYI, I don't think Pang said he would take his ball and go home. I believe he said he would take your ball and play dodgeball with you.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Monex Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 13:08:52

Can someone link the original thread this is in reference to?
[url=https://www.torn.com/1994581]Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG[/url]

Boltar Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 13:20:34

U think that's funny crest I have went to qz many times and requested he rename the server TSO team server. Pp I do understand the spirit thing. But its not a rule. Warster is our mod. I have asked him in the past to mod scan us. If were cheating let me know we will kill them for u. And no he's not taking my ball. This is his game so where playing dodgeball with his ball and if he modrage deleted us without breaking any rules. Then he would be infact taking "his" ball and going home or to another playground where u others are allowed to play cause ur not challenging him

blid

EE Patron

Jun 12th 2012, 13:46:45

Originally posted by Monex:
Can someone link the original thread this is in reference to?
in AT, Pang's "free floating hostility" thread. Starting page 2 for when Team Server comes in

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 12th 2012, 13:57:26

boltar you have NEVER asked me to scan anything in team, no one messages me about team at all

hell i barely look at team because its a worthless server in its current form.

you say

original it was stated that teams were not meant to have more then one tag, no one listened and no one enforced it.

had i got my way it would have been enforced a long time ago, but i wasnt allowed.

PP please dont talk about Moderating stuff as you have no idea what you are talking about.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Boltar Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 14:47:42

When I get home ill dig thru my mirc log and ill post it here. If I remember correctly when I offered to kill anyone u found u told me what fun would u have if I killed them and u didn't mod wipe them

Pain Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 17:57:47

the sets i was trying to get a legit 5 man team together to try to enforce 5v5 nobody could be bothered. now everyone wants to cry unfair because its affecting them finally.
Your mother is a nice woman

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 12th 2012, 20:36:05

/facepalm

Really??

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Gutty Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 22:01:07

galleri sighting on team

braden Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 22:06:53

since rd fought the war way back in the day, i have agreed with exactly what warster said.

except it was stated that the admins would not interfere with ingame policy- the policy was cross tag retals/kills. we don't cross tag retal, but we do cross tag kill.

you can't really enforce these things because lets say a suicider comes and hits TAG and GAT, and then they both start to kill the suicider and get deleted for more than five man cooperation :(

Snowwolfsa Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 22:16:29

I find this thread very humorous. It was started by Boltar, the leader of TSO, someone who has openly admitted how very little TSO actually cares about this server, yet here a thread is, talking about how unfair or unjust the threat to delete them was. Now me personally, I know that if I had said that I did not care about a server I probably would just laugh and say "go ahead delete me" and continue doing what i was doing. But i suppose that is why Boltar leads TSO and not I. Because in reality, TSO cares greatly about their presence on and control of this server, otherwise why would Boltar have requested the server name change? lol (whether he actually did request it or not, and was not just messing with Crest, I have no idea, but from what I have seen... seems like a very boltar-ish thing to do)

elvesrus

Jun 12th 2012, 22:26:58

the only thing I really care about on team is not having a purple country

Boltar Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 22:45:50

i care about my country getting deleted cause i dont cheat aka like elves said. i dont want a purple country on my record for not doing anything illegal..

this is me and warster

Session Start: Sat Jan 21 01:30:39 2012
Session Ident: Warster[TKO]
01[01:31] Boltar> if anyone in any tag with SEX in it is cheating u let me know.. u wont have to swipe them.. ill kill them personally as that is my clan
[01:32] Warster[TKO]> but thats my fun as a mod lol
01[01:33] Boltar> yes yes but.. thats my responsibility to have a clean tag ;)
[01:33] Warster[TKO]> true enough
01[01:34] Boltar> or if u sweep them.. let me know the # and username.. and ill delete and perma ban him from my tag and kill any country he later makes!!
[01:35] Warster[TKO]> k, sucks i cant use my mod powers to find out who killed me in ffa lol
01[01:35] Boltar> lol
Session Close: Sat Jan 21 02:23:21 2012

now this is me with qz and last night in #EE

Session Start: Mon May 28 20:17:23 2012
Session Ident: qzjul
01[20:17] Boltard> around?
[20:32] qzjul> ya
01[20:33] Boltard> ok so i have a request
01[20:33] Boltard> can we rename team server to TSO server?
[20:33] qzjul> ...
01[20:33] Boltard> we run the joint
[20:33] qzjul> apparently
01[20:34] Boltard> only makes sense.. kinda like king of the hill ;)
some other non related stuff was said and i ended the convo asking again..
1[20:46] Boltard> so we a go on the TSO server?
Session Close: Mon May 28 22:21:08 2012

3[20:42] * Set by KILLERfluffY on Fri May 18 16:14:46
[20:46] ~qzjul> ahoy
03[20:46] KaiN` () has joined #earthempires
01[20:46] Boltard> u gunna change team servers name yet qz?
[20:47] ~qzjul> heh
01[20:47] Boltard> we gotta be something special if we highjack a alliance thread from a game admin/owner
[20:47] <~qzjul> we've got an idea to change team at some point
01[20:48] Boltard> until then rename it for me?
06[20:48] Deci goes and takes over Team server, solo cup!
[20:48] ~qzjul> heh i don't think so 

so clearly u see, i am not lying or bullfluffting anyone

Snowwolfsa Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 23:08:50

[quote poster=Boltar; 18228; 336887]i care about my country getting deleted cause i dont cheat aka like elves said. i dont want a purple country on my record for not doing anything illegal..

this is me and warster

Session Ident: Warster[TKO]
01[01:31] Boltar> if anyone in any tag with SEX in it is cheating u let me know.. u wont have to swipe them.. ill kill them personally as that is my clan
[01:32] Warster[TKO]> but thats my fun as a mod lol
01[01:33] Boltar> yes yes but.. thats my responsibility to have a clean tag ;)
[01:33] Warster[TKO]> true enough
01[01:34] Boltar> or if u sweep them.. let me know the # and username.. and ill delete and perma ban him from my tag and kill any country he later makes!!
[01:35] Warster[TKO]> k, sucks i cant use my mod powers to find out who killed me in ffa lol
01[01:35] Boltar> lol
[/quote]

I CAN DO THAT TO WATCH!

Session Ident: Snowwolfsa
01[01:31] Boltar> DUDE I completely think you should be the new leader of TSO!
[01:32] Snowwolfsa> Really? Why I am just so honored!
01[01:33] Boltar> I knew you would be! I could tell you are an awesome person!
[01:33] Snowwolfsa> Oh Stop!
01[01:34] Boltar> No really
[01:35] Snowwolfsa> Ok Well, I am getting a little creeped out now, Talk to you later!
01[01:35] Boltar> GOOD BYE AWESOME NEW FRIEND!

Now I am certainly not saying that your conversation with warster did not happen, cause I am relatively sure it did. This is just my problem with copy and paste text as proof of anything. and I enjoy pointing that out.

As for the purple thing, I am gonna let you in on a little secret, the community of the server, whether your aware of it or not, kinda hates you. So do not worry, we will not think any less of you for having a purple country, then we do already. I promise on my honor as a IsuicideTSO participant!

Boltar Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 23:21:08

i dont care what the community thinks of me, i care about my integrity everywhere on this game. if im purple for cheating here.. that follows u everywhere.. even tho i dont care about other servers either.. i care about my name.. sure its run thru the mud on this server. thats fine.. but i dont want to be known as a cheater. when i am not. and have not

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 12th 2012, 23:23:40

Like i said before, where's this rule been posted that other tags can't join in on KRs? JUST A THOUGHT, valid one too LOL.
(•_•)

waffledelux Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 23:49:39

Are you surprised that this wasn't an incredibly memorable conversation for the admin? Let's just say that between the two of you, I'd take the brick wall. Also, it was never explicitly requested that Warster SCAN TSO based off of what you posted here, TSO Girl #1; you simply stated -- Like an overeager and not too bright dog-- your willingness to kill off a TSO country found cheating.

Nobody should really give a fluff, though. In the spirit of the original discussion:

I AGREE with TSO

If the reader knows my brief but violent history with them, I hope you realize how much that pains me to say, but technically, NO OVERT RULES have been broken. If you want to delete them arbitrarily because you can, I'm all for it, but it isn't a legitimate response.

Warster, our very own Mod who has stated that the server he is responsible for is worthless (That's right - I'm not so subtly pointing out that that's a crap cop-out and it's a damned shame that you're in charge of something that you don't give a fluff about) , has stated his willingness to enforce this abstract, unofficial Team Spirit rule.

Maybe I'm just being unrealistic, but here's a suggestion: Beginning next round, officially add a 5-man TAG max rule for clans and give an admin or two the power to enforce it.

A quick fix, and if it doesn't solve the problem completely, it still buys some time for code changes and maybe lessens the degree of bullfluff.

Is any part of that unreasonable? I am genuinely curious.

Snowwolfsa Game profile

Jun 12th 2012, 23:59:58

i dont care what the community thinks of me, i care about my integrity everywhere on this game. if im purple for cheating here.. that follows u everywhere.. even tho i dont care about other servers either.. i care about my name.. sure its run thru the mud on this server. thats fine.. but i dont want to be known as a cheater. when i am not. and have not

Touché, that was a decent argument. I myself do not think you cheat, I never really did, I do however think you and your clan are a bunch of Bully's and Tyrants. Creating your own unwritten rules and killing people who do not follow them, and then to turn around and complain about being deleted for not obeying the game owners "unwritten rules" is a tad hypocritical don't you think? You do not want a purple country on your record? Well I wanted to join a server with my friends, clan up an not have to worry about being slaughtered because i retaled a land thief, in a NON TSO APPROVED way. or heck retaling a country that land grabbed me period! *cough* RD *cough* (Do not tell me it did not happen, because it did, I retaled a RD country that land grabbed me, and was slaughtered by RD and TSO members.)

We can not all have what we want i guess...thus is life.

Sadly tho, Waffle makes a lot of sense, i REALLY REALLY did not want to side with TSO, but, in the interest of being reasonable, I have no choice, being a tyrant and a bully does not make you a cheater. Just makes you a D***

Mr. Titanium Game profile

Jun 13th 2012, 0:03:09

Outside of a few idiots that have no clue, I am pretty sure everyone is on the same page. What TSO is doing, and has done, along with other clans in the current and past is not cheating or against the rules by any means. If you think we're bullies and you don't like it go post on the bugs & suggestions board and ask for the server to be fixed.

What's going on is not against the rules. Call Boltar and TSO a bully or whatever, he doesn't care. Tell him he's breaking the spirit of "team" he also doesn't care. Call him a cheater and you're full of fluffies.

Boltar Game profile

Jun 13th 2012, 0:27:18

thanks guys i knew u all really loved me!!!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 13th 2012, 2:56:15

<3 Boltar <3
(•_•)

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 13th 2012, 4:25:13

Again boltar you never asked me to scan TSO tags :)
Plus how would I know who was cheating or not if I didn't do a sweep :)

Waffle, the server gets sweeped everyday, I just don't care enough to come to these boards everyday and read it. Doesn't change the fact the server in my opinion is worthless as its not getting used in the way the server was planned. I'm responsible for making sure people aren't cheating. Outside of that its out of my control
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Boltar Game profile

Jun 13th 2012, 4:29:37

01[01:31] Boltar> if anyone in any tag with SEX in it is cheating u let me know.. u wont have to swipe them.. ill kill them personally as that is my clan......

any tag with sex in the tag name is a tso tag warster ;)