Verified:

Ruthie

May 24th 2012, 17:22:27

Originally posted by Dark TwizTid:
Originally posted by Ruthie:
Peter Straub is a different person, Richard Bachman IS Stephen King.

If you read Black House, you must have read The Talisman? Thats one of my favorites.

I sure have :)

To be honest, the first book I have read EVER, minus the scholastic book fair kind of books has to be The Long Walk lol

The Long Walk was a good one. Duma Key is another good one. That one went to Cancun with me 2 years ago. Gotta love a book that lasts the whole week since I read fairly fast.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

kingofthezulus

May 24th 2012, 18:41:17

I slogged through Duma Key, not a page turner for me. Anybody read the Dark Tower books? As a King fan it's a little embarrassing that I've only read up to IV, I just keep putting them off for some reason.

macmd Game profile

May 24th 2012, 18:47:21

Its like aponic just looked into my soul...

trumper Game profile

May 24th 2012, 19:22:21

Originally posted by aponic:
Do not read books on a daily basis and seek only shallow understanding of the world and concepts that surround you.

It shows.

While I personally love books, I don't think that's where you will get the best knowledge basis. Reading the technocratic reports, studies, and assessments will get you the in-depth perspective you seek. Some of us do that on industry-specific levels for careers. And with that note, I would say I envy the lack of reading.

Academus Game profile

May 24th 2012, 22:33:26

glass bead game - herman hess

try it

PurposefulOne

May 25th 2012, 10:07:54

Haha

Ruthie

May 28th 2012, 22:09:44

Originally posted by kingofthezulus:
No, did you like 11/22/63?

Just finished it. Loved it!
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

kingofthezulus

May 29th 2012, 6:24:10

I did too. The ending tore my heart out. Also both times they put on the variety show totally killed me. I swear I'm not a big crier but he got me three or four times. My other favorite part was Jake/George in the Dunning backyard waiting for Frank, so intense. Also I totally bought into the relationship with Sadie, it just came across as very real and believable. Little details like the dance that kept popping up were handled really well, and the whole concept of the past being resistant to change. Glad you enjoyed it.

Ruthie

May 29th 2012, 17:12:43

It killed me to wait to read it, but it was the perfect book to take on vacation.

I like how he incorporated his past books into this one ... like Bev and (beep beep) Richie from IT dancing and such. The girl I was sitting with on the plane didnt even realize that until I pointed it out.

The ending with Jake and Sadie did tear my heart out too. So good. And it was awesome the way the world was when he came back, I had a feeling that would happen. I will read this one again in a few months.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Murf Game profile

May 29th 2012, 21:13:45

i read a lot of books, least 1 a week

Eric171 Game profile

May 29th 2012, 23:42:41

do pr0n books count?

TGD Game profile

May 30th 2012, 0:27:34

I'm just finishing reading Robert K. Massie's Biography of "Catherine the Great"

*shrugs*