Mar 18th 2012, 5:52:30

Originally posted by CrazyMatt:
TTT

do you surrender yet pdm? oh wait we wont accept it

CrazyMatt
SOF HoW

We know you think you're hot fluff.

You're wrong.

I guarantee you we are smarter and more creative than you are and down the road you and your allies will regret the way you have behaved. You will not be capable of fulfilling your obligations as allies to your allies. You have picked the wrong game to attempt to bully. That card was played years ago and you failed to adapt.

oats Game profile

Mar 18th 2012, 8:07:45

Are you and your friends planning to have bots run on us again? :P

d20 Game profile

Mar 18th 2012, 9:58:42

cm is how? zomg :P

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 18th 2012, 14:34:22

hey sof, your hubris is showing!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Ivan Game profile

Mar 18th 2012, 14:35:06

I dont even know what a hubris is

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 18th 2012, 14:36:56

i'm not surprised at all by that comment.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Helmet Game profile

Mar 18th 2012, 14:39:46

PDM's was showing before the war. Calling us a fading star, etc. and then FS'ing us.

We have some members gloating, but I haven't seen any leaders doing it. I think we've been pretty quiet considering.

Sov Game profile

Mar 18th 2012, 14:48:56

Members and junior officers.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 18th 2012, 14:53:13

oh yes, of course -- how could I forget.

sof's roles and responsibilities change based on what the current political situation warrants.

that is a key reason as to why this war started -- all that doublespeak and runaround :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Helmet Game profile

Mar 18th 2012, 15:03:46

Whatever. Lol

I'm done talking to you Pang. It was a complete and utter waste of my time to try and:

1) stop the war
2) be honest and forthcoming.

Sov Game profile

Mar 18th 2012, 15:04:54

Our Heads ranks remained unchanged since before the war. Whilst there are some on this thread with signatures stating otherwise, it is not reflective in our Heads ranks.

Our Heads are listed here - http://sof.earth2025.net

The only change in recent weeks is that Helmet is now actively involved in the running of the Alliance as previously he was fairly inactive and serving more as a figurehead. I made him active ;)

Chevs

Mar 18th 2012, 15:17:36

SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Chadius Game profile

Mar 18th 2012, 15:30:40

bonus!
LAF

Chevs

Mar 18th 2012, 15:38:57

btw i still dont get why we are bullies because we did 3 grabs on PDM and then PDM decided to FS us over it. even though you dont recognize topfeeds.

wasn't it 2 sets ago PDM was "bullying" sanct and i cant remember if you went to war or not.

basically when the shoe is on the other foot if you dont get your way you act like little crying babies??
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 18th 2012, 16:36:49

Was PDM degrading SoF as a fading star or was that Nukevil or someone else?

SoF is a bully because they only want pacts which have clauses that dictate how other alliances are allowed to play. That's SoF's prerogative, but telling someone else how to play (even if many other alliances are willing to go along with such a pact) is considered bullying. And of course, after the possibility of a war-prepped SoF was looming for a while, PDM would need to buy up and change gears to try to get some war prep and just because one of your leaders then convinced SoF not to hit, doesn't mean that PDM's set wasn't "wasted" because of it.

In general, war alliances will often get a lot more flak (even if undeserved) because they are the ones who decide what happens. An alliance can't decide to be left alone and to net and follow their own policies, but a war alliance can decide to involve whomever they wish.

CrazyMatt Game profile

Mar 18th 2012, 16:52:54

last i checked... we had double your hits... so in theory pdm needs over 90 members to keep up with us...

Helmet Game profile

Mar 18th 2012, 16:55:34

It was detmer.

Drow Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 5:37:24

aye Detmer said it. Still think it was justified. The SoF I remember would have done for PDM a lot faster than they have.

We suck at warring, a) because we currently have no war dept worth speaking of, b) we have an utter lack of wallers, and c) our members can't be assed showing up to warchats.

That said, we will still stick it out to the bitter end, because we're stubborn and it's what we do.

Retired Earth type.

Boltar Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 5:40:22

we might have done a little better if we would have FS'ed 12 hrs after the first missile defuse, instead of waiting to absorb and CS.. i know i wanted to FS instead of CS i might have lived too.. damn guys killing me while i was out getting drunk.. that should be a crime u know

Drow Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 5:51:16

Boltar: even so, the sof I know would have STILL done for PDM in no time. esp as you guys were warprepping from the outset. only a few of us were thinking that far ahead...

Retired Earth type.

Boltar Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 5:53:11

eh stuff happens in my opinion.. i wanted to sell my 1.5mil spies and convert to demo.. thanks for ruining my plans damn u

Sov Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 8:48:22

Actually Drow, our HPM was quite high. Remember we started the war with 49 countries tagged but 2 of them in vacation mode. It could have been even higher if we had not lost so many missiles, but otherwise SoF's war performance has been solid. A couple of inactives in the tag but we will deal with those.

Our killruns have been very quick with most running less than a minute. Fast killruns don't give the opposition much chance to stonewall.

Up until 2 days ago (when we started to wind down and allow more grabbing) our HPM was higher than SOL and LCN. Admittedly we were not taking as much fire as SOL or LCN, but our restart rate has been 100% and our restarts have been getting back into the fight oop due to the new restart changes.

SoF this set was far more impressive than the statistics I have seen for the 2 previous sets. We still have some work to do, but we will get there. I think next set SoF will be a even better.

Eric171 Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 11:27:48

oh come on Drow. SOF`s performance was ok.

Both sides were about equal on membership size, but PDM`s TNW was around 25% higher than SOF.

PDM was the one to FS and SOF CFed without most of its missiles.

Both tags had SDI.

And yet it only took SOF three days to equate TNW and in 5 days total we could call the war for SOF.

That is pretty fast buddy, unless things changed since the game become EE instead of E2025.

If there is one thing to critique here beyond the usual we all can do better is SOF`s TNW before the start of the war. That (better destocking before the start of a war) needs to be improved.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 19th 2012, 11:57:35

hey pang.. you dropped your pocket!:P
*runs*
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

anoniem Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 13:38:57

what i find funny here: sof take into account what other clan's "normal members" say on AT, but when their members decide to troll/gloat then it's ok cos they aren't sof leaders, but just "normal members".

have some consistency!
re(ally)tired

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 19th 2012, 14:08:34

Originally posted by anoniem:
what i find funny here: sof take into account what other clan's "normal members" say on AT, but when their members decide to troll/gloat then it's ok cos they aren't sof leaders, but just "normal members".

have some consistency!

exactly :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 19th 2012, 14:11:43

also, re:SoF's TNW: SoF's TNW was far lower to start because they hadn't converted their stock into NW yet.

if you do not realize that as a contributing factor then you are ignoring the most obvious item as to why their TNW moved up while ours moved down :|
we hastily threw a war together; you guys planned for a month including a stocking phase. we were going based on the idea that our better countries + activity would win for us.

i thought we'd overcome the stock, but only because I expected more activity to account for our lack of stock. i guess it goes to show that our members have lives on the weekends :p

and it's given me lots of new ideas on what to make better even if I have been too busy to do much of anything over the last week :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 19th 2012, 14:16:31

Who cares... If we meet again on the battlefield hopefully we put up a better fight. I know we could have done much better than we have here. Many factors played into why our effort put us in this position, no need to elaborate on that though.

Everyone expected SoF to win so why do you seem shocked that they... won?

Sov Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 14:46:22

Originally posted by anoniem:

have some consistency!

Actually I would say there is a massive difference.

The exchanges on AT right now between most of the SoF members and PDM are the usual war banter. It happens and it makes things interesting. I will admit I find some of the comments from both sides distasteful, especially some of the recent ones from SoF. But I think AT needs some drama. But the point is that it is current. We are still at war. If my members start flaming PDM when the war is over they can expect to be flamed by me.

Now when members of other Alliances start flaming (and I won't call it trolling because I have seen very few actual trolls here, as trolls do not post emotionally) Alliances including my own when we are not in a state of war over issues that are past then I do consider it out of line.

A few years ago on AT it used to be mainly dagga (and a small handful of others) whining and complaining constantly about past perceived indiscretions of other Alliances, but these days it seems to become more and more common. Or maybe too many good people left and the percentage of "flamers" is much higher.

People seem to feel the need to voice their anger over things that happened long ago. Build a bridge and get over it... or quite simply... put up or shut up.

Sov Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 14:53:40

Originally posted by Pang:
also, re:SoF's TNW: SoF's TNW was far lower to start because they hadn't converted their stock into NW yet.

if you do not realize that as a contributing factor then you are ignoring the most obvious item as to why their TNW moved up while ours moved down :|
we hastily threw a war together; you guys planned for a month including a stocking phase. we were going based on the idea that our better countries + activity would win for us.

i thought we'd overcome the stock, but only because I expected more activity to account for our lack of stock. i guess it goes to show that our members have lives on the weekends :p

and it's given me lots of new ideas on what to make better even if I have been too busy to do much of anything over the last week :)

I would honestly say Pang that for the first few days I thought the fight would be a struggle for us as whilst we had the stock, you guys have the production which I considered a concern. You were keeping close with us on hits for a while then dropped away.

I look at things closely and I do believe I know what lost PDM this fight, and I will say it was not actually that much. The fight could have been a lot closer but the cards did not fall that way and here we are.

I think some of your members put in a tremendous performances and there is certainly some positives that could be taken from it. It would not take much to turn around your warring ability based on what I have seen.

Tjoe Min Ja Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 15:11:21

davidoss Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 15:57:27

PDM had some outstanding performances...

Eric171 Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 16:04:36

Originally posted by Pang:

I already pointed that SOF`s main problem this set was that it did not make an adequate war jump before the war started. To destock before a war you need to have stock in the first place. That is implied. ;p

Both tags lost TNW. We are still 46m tnw short of our starting point. Considering that only 12 original sof countries died, the jump of the rest of the originals during the war wasn`t that big imo.

I feel that the pre-war prep is something that we should work on in SOF, to bring back the tag to its 2009/2010 standards. There is absolutely no point in warring or dying with 200m bushels and 1b cash on hand while your GS break is 2m or 3m troops RAW.

Anyway, I used TNW here mostly to mark the starting point of the war and when it was all but decided in favor of SOF. it as the point when the war

Ivan Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 16:22:45

Indeed, SoF definately needs to work more on the pre war prep was quite bad this set for awhile there i was actually worried about PDMs bigger production but we managed to take the big ones out pretty fast and from there it just flowed on

nice fight tho pdm

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 19th 2012, 17:22:27

Originally posted by Ivan:

Indeed, SoF definately needs to work more on the pre war prep was quite bad this set for awhile there i was actually worried about PDMs bigger production but we managed to take the big ones out pretty fast and from there it just flowed on

nice fight tho pdm

Ivan I know I rib you a lot but you don't have to say it was a nice fight... It clearly wasn't. Our members decided not be be active like we had hoped and thus our poor performance. I'll be the first to admit you out played us. I do feel like our core members are talented and if we could pull together and play as a unit, and be active, we could war with the best of them (including SoF).

I mean just look at how non-existent walling was for PDM and how many SoFers were able to wall. That alone is a killer!

If we, PDM, wants to war in the future I think we need to take a step back and re-evaluate our poor performance this war and build upon that. Mind you we didn't want to war this set but felt necessary for reasons I don't want to elaborate on.

Thore Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 21:22:50

Thanks for the fight, none the less.
Sof.earthgraphs.com

Drow Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 21:56:55

aye. we've seen that PDM'ers CAN fight in the past (best example I can think of offhand was tie/pdm v ix/sol, where we had everyone active), it's getting activity and momentum. that said, we'll still give you SUCH a crotch pinch :P

Retired Earth type.

cypress Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 1:06:04

RAWR

Drow Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 8:54:37

eric, I'm not disputing that SoF's performance was ok, I'm just saying I have seen sof do it better is all.

Retired Earth type.

Helmet Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 12:07:18

Originally posted by Drow:
eric, I'm not disputing that SoF's performance was ok, I'm just saying I have seen sof do it better is all.

When, in 2001?

Ivan Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 15:45:53

Nah 09-10 we did fluffy wuffy, just been slacking since the ECM war really

pslayer Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 15:52:18

Originally posted by Ivan:

Nah 09-10 we did fluffy wuffy, just been slacking since the ECM war really

I think the war strats in this time period were more universal instead of the mix that we saw this set.

melvin85 Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 10:02:42

We owned

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 15:49:40

I fluffING LOVE SPAGHETTI
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

CrazyMatt Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 20:27:42

i agree with the captain...

tisya Game profile

Mar 22nd 2012, 11:33:43

meow
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

Sov Game profile

Mar 22nd 2012, 11:44:38

hmmm

thehiphopdrug Game profile

Mar 22nd 2012, 12:47:43

I said a hip, hop...
Those midgets are funny. Sometimes I'd like to hold a midget. They always want to sit in the front seat. -Taxi Driver

I did know something that I didn't... But it wasn't that. - Ignignokt

Trife Game profile

Mar 22nd 2012, 14:28:00

Originally posted by tisya:
meow

bad kitty!

SirSepher Game profile

Mar 22nd 2012, 18:27:32

*pets the kitty*

She purrs!

Let's see how many hits this restart can make!!! =P lol
-Sir Sepher