Verified:

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 9:55:37

I bet there's a 'Evo does not get to net.Ever.' clause somewhere in the fine print
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

hanlong Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 10:00:34

Originally posted by iTavi:
thats a load of stuff in here but i have found this summed up by someone really nicely"

"LaF broke a pact to hit EVO? Yes.
LaF had reasons to do so? Evo didn't have the best intentions with that clausule

I would say this happened because KJ wanted to be a smartass."

i am only interested in the first part. i do not care if laf had reasons (they were not legit). i don't care who wants to be a smartass. i do not care if hanlong is white, asian, gay, smells bad, lies usually, has a lump feet, etc. if a clause was found in pact that "this gets voided if hanlong is one or more of the following white, asian, gay, smells bad, lies usually, has a lump feet". then that would be good to post logs and fluff.

otherwise i don't care how KJ is how hanlong pisses how i scratch my head. it's totally irrelevant and that can only make the player's image bad but the fact that LAF broke a pact still stands.

i don't see where you going with the changing it to "at war" clause next set? did you sign? if you did, why does it matter now?

VOIDING a pact is legit disregarding the clause you do it for (if specified in pact terms, ofc)
BREAKING a pact means you just want to forget you sign that pact without any "legal" clauses written in the pact.

i dont know about others and i don't think LAF will care much (since we're no big threat to you) but if this still doesnt show that you DID NOT BREAK this set's uNAP, i will insist Imag has absolutely no FA relations on the future because they obviously mean nothing to you.

sorry about the incorrect wording.

we voided the pact as per the terms of Evo/LaF pact signed indicated it can be voided if our FDP is at war with the other side.

as such, Rival was in a state of war with Evo before we are.

as many have pointed out, this pact was on autorenew starting the feb 2012 reset for 3 resets, and would be renewed from the current one, which is the reset we are invoking the void clause on.

is that better for you iTavi?

all the logs are already out there. i'm not sure what else you are referring to other than the technicality of the word "voided via pact term" vs "broke the pact via a pact term"... but i'm more than willing to clarify =)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

iTavi

Jan 9th 2012, 10:14:21

as i saw, the pact terms containing the void clause were to be used from next set. this one you have signed on different terms and i dont recall them having a void clause
~

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2012, 10:30:02

why would a pact for next set have "start of set or start of pact" type language in it?

we never thought this one was a 'standard unap'

all it means if they really thought that is that they planned to use the horribly drafted pact next set when they were ready rather than this set

and instead them trying to trick us ended up tricking us too much into believing their tricky pact was already in effect

iTavi

Jan 9th 2012, 10:38:28

so you broke the pact by mistake then.

in that case, to keep some of the "viability" of your clan's foreign affairs image i would stop the hits and FA Evo alot! ... lol

or something else to fix it
~

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2012, 10:44:18

no i dont think the pact in effect this set was 'standard unap', they do, or are pretending they do

its not like there is some ingame feature we enter our pacts into that then gets enforced

the point is when people try to be too cute stupid stuff happens, and the one trying to be cute is KJ

iTavi

Jan 9th 2012, 10:52:24

i just looked at the logs. and noticed the pact in effect for this set
~

hanlong Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 11:40:13

and its the one that also will be autorenewed for 3 more resets.

and it contains a specific void clause that was invoked.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

iTavi

Jan 9th 2012, 11:50:48

then why'd you sign other pact for the remaining time of this set? that brings us back to the point. the one containing the void clause was for the next 3 sets (not this and next 3 sets).
~

hanlong Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 11:58:00

i'm confused now. so what are we auto-renewing for if it wasn't the pact for this reset also?

and why "start of reset or when this pact is signed" verbage? because if it only starts next reset, isn't that also redundant?

i would obviously assume what i already assumed. hence the void pact part.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2012, 12:14:45

KJ set a trap for us which we didnt notice, well we saw one and then we were upset.

Then it turns out he thought he set another one but it was too sneaky to even exist.

Revolver Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 12:27:54

Originally posted by iTavi:
then why'd you sign other pact for the remaining time of this set? that brings us back to the point. the one containing the void clause was for the next 3 sets (not this and next 3 sets).

You are expressing your opinion based on information from KJ (one side of the conflict). Unless you were part of the negotiations to sign the pact in question, you have absolutely no knowledge of what really happened. Instead of trying to play the propaganda game against LaF, you should worry about your own war. What you do could be compared to a guy claiming he says all the truth after he read the republicans program.

iTavi

Jan 9th 2012, 12:38:14

i was posting based on what i saw. if laf has another part of the conversation which leads to another pact signed or the one not containing the void clause not being signed, then yea i am posting on what KJ wrote. and as it looks from what he wrote (because only him posted logs about the pact, logs about KJ's personal attitude or background i don't care about), you broke the pact signed for this remainder of the set. not the one to take effect from the end of this set onward (for 3 more sets).

and yea i am minding the war, this has absolutely nothing to do with our war, it has something to do with LAF's image as a clan and with it's FA department.

"What you do could be compared to a guy claiming he says all the truth after he read the republicans program."
as i said. that's all i saw regarding the pacts. i am claiming things based on what i saw, if you have something else to show (about this set's pact) then prove me wrong by posting it.
~

aqua Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 12:50:15

I have to give KJ a thank you for making this war happening. Wouldn't know what to do with my country if we didn't war.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2012, 12:58:22

you do realise its pointless for us to keep posting:

a) there were two pacts
b) no there was only one pact

all day im sure, i even saw someone post something about a third pact at some point but im not sure whats up with that

iTavi

Jan 9th 2012, 13:03:59

Originally posted by enshula:
you do realise its pointless for us to keep posting:

a) there were two pacts
b) no there was only one pact

all day im sure, i even saw someone post something about a third pact at some point but im not sure whats up with that

i don't get it: there were 1 or 2 pacts (one for this set and one for feb set and renewable for 3 sets)?
~

ArsenalMD Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 13:05:11

Two sets in a row!

You kids just can't play nice!

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2012, 13:07:49

were saying we only signed the long pact including this set

you think we signed a seperate basic pact for only this set

some random person mentioned a third pact that i have no clue what they were talking about

Makinso Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 13:08:54

lol things get out of proportion.

iTavi

Jan 9th 2012, 13:18:01

yea, i did say you sign another one for this set only because i saw some chat logs :/

and even tho only KJ posted them, they're the only ones i saw so i can't decide based on anything else.
~

BattleKJ Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 13:51:53

Damn. I came here with high expectations of Hanlong having posted something to back up any of his claims. Instead we are still in the same situation where I have made a statement and backed it up for all to see and he has made a statement and done nothing to justify it. Now we have the added joy of people like aqua the biggest judas in the history of the game chiming in with 'HANLONG SO RITEEEE' and Revolver who must still be unhappy with his private life so hes all like 'OMG ITS ALL I HAVE HANLONG MUST BE RITE'.

aqua Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 14:23:47

I never stated who was right or wrong. I just prefer to war and you've made that possible.

You sure hold some grudge over what I did 7+ years ago.

BattleKJ Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 14:25:02

Sure why not. I want to be a bitter like Hanlong holding grudges for things I did all those years ago too =)

Bigwiggle Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 14:27:58

rabble! rabble rabble!
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 9th 2012, 14:45:02

do me a favor and please don't post 3 years worth of logs.. I don't wanna read that and nor does anyoen else. I would be much happier and it would be more interesting if someone from Rival posted the Canadian Criminal Code again.. :S
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 9th 2012, 14:48:34

Right now I"m too fluffn tired to read through this entire thread.

And there are no ladies in this game:P
*ducks*
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Flamey Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 14:54:41

Criminal Code
R.S.C., 1985, c. C-46
An Act respecting the Criminal Law

SHORT TITLE
Short title
1. This Act may be cited as the Criminal Code.

R.S., c. C-34, s. 1.
INTERPRETATION
Definitions
2. In this Act,

“Act”

« loi »

“Act” includes

(a) an Act of Parliament,

(b) an Act of the legislature of the former Province of Canada,

(c) an Act of the legislature of a province, and

(d) an Act or ordinance of the legislature of a province, territory or place in force at the time that province, territory or place became a province of Canada;

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 9th 2012, 14:57:44

You realize that that act has been revised as of 2011 :P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Flamey Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 14:59:22

Has the queen been informed of this?!?! Bloody maple tories.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 9th 2012, 15:28:39

Her Representative has given it Royal Ascent. So yes :P

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Ivan Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 15:59:46

Dear anoniem, a skyelitez member talking about cheating again hmm anyone else here remember what the big 6 did? :D

As for Rival declaring war on SOL in defense of SOF i cant remember this? Is this like when you accused SoF of breaking a pact to FS EVO and we actually FSed another tag? or did this actually happend?

So ITavi since EVO clearly broke pacts last set I assume that Imag will immediately DROP your FDP with them since pacts means nothing to them?

Just curious

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 9th 2012, 16:26:09

*bans galleri*
SO THERE!
:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 9th 2012, 16:51:21

Wait wuuuuttt?! : p

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Nekked Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 16:57:29

bahl

hanlong Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 17:02:25

Originally posted by BattleKJ:
Sure why not. I want to be a bitter like Hanlong holding grudges for things I did all those years ago too =)

i gave you a clean slate from all the stuff you did years ago when you came back.

your current actions replicated the exact same fluff you did years ago. it has nothing to do with a grudge, the only reason why the past was brought up because you are still the same guy as before and all these years did not make you any wiser it seems like.

please let's not get everyone's panties tied up in knots here ;P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2012, 17:37:12

Originally posted by Ivan:

Dear anoniem, a skyelitez member talking about cheating again hmm anyone else here remember what the big 6 did? :D
Why is it ok to bring up stuff from like 10 years ago but NaturalS is too long ago to be a reflection of your character?

At least bring up GNV when talking about anoniem, much higher deletion rate than Sky and more recent. That being said it was still about 5 years before NaturalS.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Soviet Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 17:39:59

Originally posted by Ivan:

As for Rival declaring war on SOL in defense of SOF i cant remember this? Is this like when you accused SoF of breaking a pact to FS EVO and we actually FSed another tag? or did this actually happend?

So ITavi since EVO clearly broke pacts last set I assume that Imag will immediately DROP your FDP with them since pacts means nothing to them?

Just curious

http://forums.earthempires.com/...71&z=fashionably-late

You seem to be suffering from extensive memory loss to forget about something that happened 2 months ago.
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 9th 2012, 17:42:42

ok, seriously...

are there more flame threads than kills? more posts than hits? why do we even waste time developing the game when all the action happens on the forums! :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Sauron NBK Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 17:53:45

fluff like this is what's ruining the game. way to go LaF.

trumper Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 20:06:05

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Originally posted by hanlong:
you have no idea kj, you will see how much of a lying piece of fluff you are to everyone in this community very soon

How can someone be lying but not even be aware that they're lying? Brilliant argument there champ.

Without getting into the politics of this fight and in response to the how can someone be lying without being aware they're lying: just wanted to quiz you about what the definition of 'is' is?

Trife Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 20:10:02

this thread smells like tinkle

Ivan Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 1:58:16

oh lol soviet, forgot bout that one I guess it was really unfair of us to call rival in when we had 3 tags hitting on us 1 who broke a pact to do so and funniest thing must have been TIE declaring in defense of SOL when EVO,SOL already had the number advantage

BAAAAD SOF BAAAD

sleepy Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 2:19:16

woah

hanIong Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 3:38:30

Ivan you clearly are a retard. You state 'you called them in' and you are correct. You called in an FDP after you made the first strike - why even bother with 'defensive pacts' if you losers (LaF included) define pacts however you want, whenever you want for whatever reason.

It was another douche move from a bunch of douchebags.

hanlong Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 4:20:10

Originally posted by hanIong:
Ivan you clearly are a retard. You state 'you called them in' and you are correct. You called in an FDP after you made the first strike - why even bother with 'defensive pacts' if you losers (LaF included) define pacts however you want, whenever you want for whatever reason.

It was another douche move from a bunch of douchebags.

oh yes, that's really how i feel. lulz
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Son Goku Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 4:36:02

AT imposters are always the best.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2012, 4:41:13

KJ and Hanlong deserve each other. Both pretty fluffy. That said, just because something is set to auto-renew doesn't mean it is already started. I can set payments to auto-renew when the first payment clears on the date that I have set for the future.

No surprise, but I agree with Sifos and iTavi. It seems pretty clear that the pact for the "remainder of this set" is a "standard uNAP" and not the one with the clause, which is obviously not standard. I also agree with enshula that there are way better ways to specify the rules for said clause. Then again, there are better ways to deal with pact signing than "whatever". To each their own I suppose.

That ends the part that really deals with this thread and situation, now as a side note into the fluffiness of Hanlong and KJ (these are obviously my opinions and I fully expect flames, hopefully these are not construed as being derogatory, but character defining):
I think KJ is an ass, but he's an honest ass. He's direct and obvious and unrepentant. Take it or leave it. Hanlong is an ass, but he's more manipulative and deceitful. Obviously many of his statements are like the lies of politicians (of course LaF ALWAYS wants to net, except when they want to break pacts and hit Evo because they called them bad names and insulted their level of skill) and I think it is getting harder for people to believe anything he says.

hanlong Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 7:58:52

Originally posted by Tertius:
KJ and Hanlong deserve each other. Both pretty fluffy. That said, just because something is set to auto-renew doesn't mean it is already started. I can set payments to auto-renew when the first payment clears on the date that I have set for the future.

No surprise, but I agree with Sifos and iTavi. It seems pretty clear that the pact for the "remainder of this set" is a "standard uNAP" and not the one with the clause, which is obviously not standard. I also agree with enshula that there are way better ways to specify the rules for said clause. Then again, there are better ways to deal with pact signing than "whatever". To each their own I suppose.

That ends the part that really deals with this thread and situation, now as a side note into the fluffiness of Hanlong and KJ (these are obviously my opinions and I fully expect flames, hopefully these are not construed as being derogatory, but character defining):
I think KJ is an ass, but he's an honest ass. He's direct and obvious and unrepentant. Take it or leave it. Hanlong is an ass, but he's more manipulative and deceitful. Obviously many of his statements are like the lies of politicians (of course LaF ALWAYS wants to net, except when they want to break pacts and hit Evo because they called them bad names and insulted their level of skill) and I think it is getting harder for people to believe anything he says.

that's because you only hear one side of the full story (evo's side) since you are originally from evo.

if you know the full picture, you will probably think otherwise.

plenty of people believe what i say, because i have given them every reason to and gave them the full picture.

typically an retired ex-Evo who still frequent the boards (which is what you are correct?) does not fall into this category. it's a bit harder to also communicate completely effectively over AT than via private messages (hence why most FA work is done 1v1 between FA officers and not via AT)... so your response is probably duly noted given your association and without the full picture with all the facts. nothing wrong about it though... it is what it is

Edited By: hanlong on Jan 10th 2012, 8:03:19
See Original Post
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

elvesrus

Jan 10th 2012, 8:19:39

All I know is I got insulted for having the neutral view of neither side really being "right". After that all I'll say is good luck LaF.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

locket Game profile

Jan 10th 2012, 8:33:22

Originally posted by elvesrus:
All I know is I got insulted for having the neutral view of neither side really being "right". After that all I'll say is good luck LaF.

gl elvesrus! :P