Verified:

ArsenalMD Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 3:34:33

As a new years present to our members, we are enacting a new policy.

If MD finds a country has been FA'd in to the top 10 and displaces an MD country, we will kill the offending country.

Get there yourself or don't get there at all.

Edited By: ArsenalMD on Jan 8th 2012, 6:10:47
See Original Post

Ron Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 3:52:14

I applaud MD for having the balls to stand up for their members, but I am also worried for your clan's safety...

what if the 'offender' is from Laf or SOF?
They will blindside u the next set right?
This is not enforceable unless we have majority of the clans enforcing it together... One or two clans may not be able to enforce it without serious repercussions...

ArsenalMD Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 3:55:45

MD will enforce it against any alliance, even LaF or SoF - happy for anyone affected to take a run at us next set, I've been told we are pretty good at that warring thing.

highrock Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 3:55:48

actually the real policy is

Originally posted by ArsenalMD:

If MD finds a country ... in ... the top 10 ..., we will kill the offending country.

formerly Viola MD

ArsenalMD Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 3:59:45

Yeah Oden better watch out.

Flamey Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 4:27:41

lol you should do this for people doing market buyouts too!

ld Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 5:03:50

Oden really?

diez Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 5:09:37

I don't think Oden does any of those crap :p

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 8th 2012, 5:17:02

this is great news, I was getting worried that this game didn't have enough pact breaking slow kids who mistakenly think that they're good at warring

davidoss Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 5:20:00

Originally posted by Slagpit:
this is great news, I was getting worried that this game didn't have enough pact breaking slow kids who mistakenly think that they're good at warring

Nice trash talking Arsenal there Slagpit.

On a more relevant note, how about tech ally leeching? There are so many other situations to be considered. There are quite a few other forms of FA apart from the overt act of FA.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 8th 2012, 5:24:45

I don't have any respect for people who deliberately plan to break pacts. I guess davidoss feels the other way.

Mr.Silver

Jan 8th 2012, 5:45:18

So countries with tech leaches count too?.. ( sees about 12 countries that would be on md's kill list

justtaint

Jan 8th 2012, 5:52:59

It's "enacting", you fluff! :P
SlashMD

locket Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 5:54:54

I don't have any respect for people who deliberately plan to break pacts. I guess davidoss feels the other way.

mrarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg

dazedboy Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 6:36:05

lol bonus.

iScode Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 8:32:25

what if they get FA'd in to top 20?
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Karim Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 8:33:14

Just a personal opinion: pacts are to be respected within people that respect each other and fair playing.

MD always played fair: it's our right to make our own politics and to play accordingly, while it's anyone's else right to like or dislike our actions and to play accordingly.

Personally i would take actions also vs all those clans that drop their members in the end to raise their average NW but that's just me.
-[Panzer Division MD]-

dazedboy Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 8:47:45

Lets net this set out and see what happens. I dont see why anyone would accept being FAed in to the top 10. It's nothing to celebrate about unless you truly hate that guy sitting in the 10th spot. And if that's the case, I dont see why MD wouldnt take action.

locket Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 9:16:23

Originally posted by Karim:

Just a personal opinion: pacts are to be respected within people that respect each other and fair playing.

MD always played fair: it's our right to make our own politics and to play accordingly, while it's anyone's else right to like or dislike our actions and to play accordingly.

Personally i would take actions also vs all those clans that drop their members in the end to raise their average NW but that's just me.

kill the person leaving the tag!

Karim Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 9:17:52

I don't think it's their fault: personally i wouldn't play in a tag that drops me in the end because i am not beneficial enough.

Win as a team, lose as a team, but as i said, that's just my personal view.
-[Panzer Division MD]-

dazedboy Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 9:22:08

Originally posted by locket:

kill the person leaving the tag!

lol, excellent plan!

locket Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 9:35:12

I don't think it's their fault: personally i wouldn't play in a tag that drops me in the end because i am not beneficial enough.

Win as a team, lose as a team, but as i said, that's just my personal view.

Most of the time the person drops himself btw

Karim Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 9:38:25

Well, i won't argue about that, but personally i dislike that way of playing: even if within the rules, like landtrading and FAing someone to high finishes, i feel that like a cheat, and i'd really love to see serious clans to enforce some politic to punish that attitude.
-[Panzer Division MD]-

KingKaosKnows

Jan 8th 2012, 9:46:02

I believe most of the time people drop themselves or agree to be dropped if they are hurting the average.

What if they delete themselves?

Anyways getting FAed to the top is BS, but there are many ways of getting there with the help of others that don't rely on FA; also what if they get FAed reps for damage caused on another set? Will you kill it as well?

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 11:02:25

You can avoid the problem of dropping members for ANW wins, by having the game track the total sum of unique EE accounts that has joined a tag that reset, and use that number for the divisor.

With this, you can drop members all you want, but it will only hurt both ANW and TNW by doing so.

Should I repost this on B&S?

KingKaosKnows

Jan 8th 2012, 11:22:42

What if u jump from one tag to another?

Now what about people that make their own tag after leaving?

Another problem is people making "new" accounts from another PC, joining clan A and then stop playing, that would kill your anw even if you drop the death weight.

Suggestion killed.

Next!!

locket Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 11:29:27

Originally posted by KingKaosKnows:

Another problem is people making "new" accounts from another PC, joining clan A and then stop playing, that would kill your anw even if you drop the death weight.

Suggestion killed.

Next!!

Good discussion there. Oh wait...

KingKaosKnows

Jan 8th 2012, 11:46:53

With that one there is little to discuss, it has too many flaws and honestly I don't see how you can tweak it to overcome its inherent flaws.

If you force people to stay in a tag, they will hate the change.

If you track everyone that joined a tag for anw, then people will create duplicate accounts and join alliances they don't like to hurt their anw (only alliances that I could see doing that are Evo/LaF because almost everyone else gives a fluff about anw).

In the end most "fixes" that I can think would break more than what they would actually fix; but if you have a great idea plz enlighten us with it, I'll be sure to point its flaws and if I can't find any then you would have defeated a troll and gained 80 fexp.

dagga Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 11:49:14

Well, there goes hanlong's netting strategy.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

KingKaosKnows

Jan 8th 2012, 11:51:04

Oh and MD is delutional if they enforce this as the likeness of doing harm to an innocent are a little too high; and that works wonders for getting suicided by lots of scornful people, or making people leave the game.

locket Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 11:54:00

Originally posted by dagga:
Well, there goes hanlong's netting strategy.

lol :P Yah I FA him there each set!

KingKaosKnows

Jan 8th 2012, 11:55:22

Unless we are talking about blatant end set FA to get people in the top 10, and not about the harder to track and easy to confuse mid set issues.

Tbody Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 11:55:45

This is an alliance server. Alliances reserve the right to play as a team, and FA people into the top 10. Alliances can also reserve the right to take action when they feel like unfair things are happening to their alliance mates.

Karim Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 12:00:20

Oh and MD is delutional if they enforce this as the likeness of doing harm to an innocent are a little too high; and that works wonders for getting suicided by lots of scornful people, or making people leave the game.

What Arsenal said is what MD as a clan stand for: ANYTHING ELSE IS PERSONAL OPINIONS WE ALL ARE ENTITLED TO HAVE.

Just for clarification, cause i don't want my opinions to be considered anything different than a single person opinions.
-[Panzer Division MD]-

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 13:12:02

Suggestion killed.

Next!!

Then that EE account counts towards both alliance's ANW if it is a tagjumper.

It is up to the alliance's onus to screen their recruits for potential ANW harmers, and not allow any random country to tag up. Besides, if someone were to really create a dummy new player account to join a country to be deadweight for ANW purposes, said country could do worse by suiciding on a pacted ally in week 6, causing massive reps to be paid. It's not a new issue, KKK.

Valid suggestion is valid.

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2012, 13:28:20

I like this MD has balls, I don't really care what there talking about, but diffidently admirable.
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

Chaoswind Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 13:58:28

But as KKK suggested the effort needed to pull it off is much less...

For example a 6 week suicider has plenty of chances for screwing up and getting found out by the mods playing 2 different accounts on 2 different IPs for 40 days may sound easy, but we both know is just as easy screwing up and logging the wrong account on the wrong IP.

On the other hand what KKK said only takes until you get the tag, with is a max of 5 days of pretending and lying, and good idea punishing the alliances that recruit new players, this server has enough people, we don't need more.
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Flamey Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 15:17:47

Decadely Tbody sighting.

Sir Balin Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 15:38:52

killing a 200m NW country is hella expensive, i'd love to watch it go down.

props to MD for taking a radical stand for their ideals.

diez Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 15:46:01

Not that hard with a few hundred chems in MD's Arsenal.

(posted this just for the pun haha)

Chaoswind Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 16:08:28

Oh about that
Is probably easy, as CC killed a few of Rockman +300m networth countries with chems, then he maxed SDI and it wasn't easy anymore because only a few could stay in range of doing much of anything.

So in alliance killing a 200m country shouldn't be that hard even if some lemming needs to happen.
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2012, 16:08:37

The suspense is killing me, please someone FA there top netter to top 10 we want to see this!
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

henrik Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 16:16:12

*pokes highrock* want me to FA you? =)

Karim Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 16:20:27

Considering how many of us started as tyr techer, few hundres missiles is reductive.
-[Panzer Division MD]-

Chaoswind Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 16:22:54

Lmao

Personally I would never take FA to get in the top (unless is reps for getting screwed for no reason), besides I prefer to play for fun and the wrong mindset can be unhealthy.

Blowing a vein and bowing to quit the game because all my effort was destroyed by a mafo doesn't suit me at all.
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2012, 16:26:24

What about landtrading? Probably a bigger problem than FA these days.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Karim Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 16:28:44

Arsenal has all the answers! :)

Edited By: Karim on Jan 8th 2012, 16:37:06
See Original Post
-[Panzer Division MD]-

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2012, 16:33:56

And what about RD and internal farming? Looks like their bottom country is basically their own landfarm.

Anything about that?

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2012, 16:34:41

Not that I oppose MD's policy in any way, don't get me wrong here, it's just that FA is not really significant versus all the obvious stuff now :)

Karim Game profile

Jan 8th 2012, 16:36:40

Actually it's better if you ask Arsenal to state our standings on any issue you can have :)
-[Panzer Division MD]-