Verified:

joeskin Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 3:35:44

Pls remove "Attack "throttling" change for FFA"

cause u never register the request change and get proper approval.

Sincerly :)

( End of FFA )
Sons of Liberty -http://sol.ghqnet.com

joeskin Sol kicker (#1123) [abSOLute] -> VolonterR (#1193) [RIVAL] 18C 116B

Rip It Up Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 3:37:46

Pang what is the point of asking the FFA community what they think of throttling...only to just go and implement it anyways even though 95% of everyone here HATES the idea??

what drugs are you on?..your gonna kill this game!
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
MSN:

Crippler ICD Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 3:39:30

Joeskin-
Please know your roll n shut your mouth

:p
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

joeskin Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 3:41:04

i am shouting cause my script bounce back..

:) Crippler

mrford Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 3:43:06

im 120(40) on all countries and i dont feel like running turns hitting IMP

seriously, i LOVED killing IMP :(
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

synoder Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 3:45:24

i just tried a few kills. Its official, if this change stays I am done.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 25th 2011, 3:55:43

Originally posted by joeskin:
Pls remove "Attack "throttling" change for FFA"

cause u never register the request change and get proper approval.

Sincerly :)

( End of FFA )

"register" the request change and got proper approval? LOL WUT?

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 25th 2011, 3:59:27

Also, so far I just heard from several on how they don't like this in ffa. This is a test run from what I understand.
Now instead of posting fluffty comments....about "pang sucks, this idea sucks and I am leaving FFA" and other choice words you colorful folks come up with...
How bout we embrace some constructive criticism and ideas for once? :)

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

GunGrave Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 4:04:30

what moron came up with the thought that attack throttling was a good idea? this does nothing to help anyone with land grabs or defending them, and only hurts those at war. 2 clans war because they want to kill each other, why would you try to stop them from doing that.
Death smile upon all men,
all a man can do is smile back,
so come on... lets put a smile on that face. :D

Asst. Foreign Affairs
Natural Born Killers
email -
irc - irc.gamesurge.net #NBK

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 25th 2011, 4:05:20

Originally posted by GunGrave:
what moron came up with the thought that attack throttling was a good idea? this does nothing to help anyone with land grabs or defending them, and only hurts those at war. 2 clans war because they want to kill each other, why would you try to stop them from doing that.

Thanks for reading my post GG.

PapaSmurf Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 4:06:10

Because Alliance netters can't stand losing their country.

mrford Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 4:10:08

the constructiveness was in the other thread....before it was randomly implemented after a very strong negative reaction to the suggestion.

i agree that this is a good stap for single country servers, but i have yet to hear someone complain about the speed of kills on a server where you have 16 countries and can mass FA your own restart with your originals.

if it aint broke, dont fix it, and this is something that was never broke. FFA is ALREADY an extremely time consuming server, and making it to where someone has to triple, if not more, the time it takes to war on this server....well many will not stick around for that change.

i applaud the activeness of this development team, and just about all the work they have done has been stellar, however this is a blunder, a rather large one. and i hope that it is a mistake that is soon fixed.

thanks
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Nov 25th 2011, 4:10:38

to all ya fluffing, i'm pretty sure it was implemented across all severs and will be tweaked from there.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

synoder Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 4:11:12

Originally posted by galleri:
Also, so far I just heard from several on how they don't like this in ffa. This is a test run from what I understand.
Now instead of posting fluffty comments....about "pang sucks, this idea sucks and I am leaving FFA" and other choice words you colorful folks come up with...
How bout we embrace some constructive criticism and ideas for once? :)

read the other thread where there are constructive comments and then search ffat for any posts letting us know this was a test or even that it was going to be implemented now. Its a free game so pang and co can do what they want but dont expect people to like it when they change a major function of the game without notice or support.

Rip It Up Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 4:17:14

what syn said.
MSN:

bertz Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 4:42:51

visit B&S every once in a while.

Coz this idea started there

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2011, 4:50:15

you know this might be better for ffa than if you wernt in the test

theres only 6 days left

i find it unlikely theres any wars that havnt been decided yet (at least in nw terms, maybe some people are going to try to 'win' a war based on total kills)

so why not agree all wars are basically over and work together to test it so you can say 'it takes this much longer to kill now'

then you can ask for things like:

a different system where people can hit fast but countries receive a grace period
less hits to kill plus less hits done so you dont have to click as much and kill the same
less hits done per country so wars get lopsided slower and are more balanced so you dont take as long to attack
a shorter punitive delay
a combination of those or other factors

keep in mind there seems to be a desire to remove the emphasis on killing longer term and shift towards crippling so the admins might be receptive to an idea such as double minimum readiness loss for br/gs effectively reducing your attacking time by half

with 16 countries you do about 562 hits/day each plus some missiles and SR's so each person can already kill more than a couple of countries a day, why not drop that back a bit

heres another one, no readiness penalty but every hit inside 3 seconds adds that much time to a grace period, if someone does 250 hits to kill without waiting 1 second between hits evcept for 5 times to switch country they would get 245*3=735 seconds in which to logon and not die

Rip It Up Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 5:04:05

Originally posted by enshula:

heres another one, no readiness penalty but every hit inside 3 seconds adds that much time to a grace period, if someone does 250 hits to kill without waiting 1 second between hits evcept for 5 times to switch country they would get 245*3=735 seconds in which to logon and not die

but in their desire to make this as "realistic" as possible, surely they can't then say that when you are dead, you can still come back to life. LOL
MSN:

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2011, 5:08:33

qz i think was talking about bunkers to keep some of your stuff in when you die and give it to your restart

theres no reason they couldnt make a bunker for your leader to shelter in when your country has been destroyed that takes an amount of time for the enemy to break into based on the 3 second hitting thing or something else

could make it hard or easy to make a new bunker so it would work once and you might have to sacrifice a lot to get a new one

not that it matters too much about realism since you can have 200 people and still have 1m spies and 20m jets that work all on 500 acres

Rip It Up Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 5:11:13

maybe i could fortify my bunker with barb wire and proximity mines! lol
MSN:

diez Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 5:16:52

I like your idea enshula, but perhaps if we ever going to implement that - most of the stuffs that return should be a certain percentage of military, and a very small fraction of $$$...

People not buying military during a war puts themselves at risk being vulnerable... They should be punished for it :p

Anyway, I'm all for giving restarts an added incentive :)

GunGrave Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 5:25:27

i could accept many of the changes because they give equalizers to disadvantaged countries/clans, but this one gives the larger clans a bigger advantage and takes away from smaller ones. not to mention it gives in to the netting self farmers too because no one will want to war when you can't kill the enemy

this game is played thru a combination of building yourself up and beating you opponent down to gain higher rank. self farmers have given up on the latter half to focus on building themselves up. others will combine that and beat their enemy lower thru warring and grabbing. this throttling destroys any clan's ability to war by reducing the number of attacks a country can throw because of constantly replenishing readiness or slowing the attack down so much that it is guaranteeing that the target will get online in time to wall.

now, a target walling is not a bad thing but smaller countries are at a disadvantage already because many time they cannot buy out/drop below an attacker's range. it may take more attacks but they will inevitable die if the attacker keeps at it. but large countries many times has the resources to boost out of an smaller attacker's range, so smaller clans have to rely on a speedy kill before the target can log on to ensure its death.

so in a few ways this change will benefit clans/countries that already have the advantage of being larger that their opposition

Asst. Foreign Affairs
Natural Born Killers
email -

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2011, 5:34:22

one of the equaliser features we used to have which got taken out was small countries killed a higher% than big countries

so assuming 5m anw versus 2m anw the 2m anw started taking a lot less turns to kill the bigger ones

this meant wars tended to equalise in nw at about 3:1

once that got taken out and killing (and grabbing) down became slightly more efficient than up it got a lot more likely for wars to become close to the humanitarian level

first 1/10 and now 1/12

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2011, 5:42:01

Originally posted by mrford:
the constructiveness was in the other thread....before it was randomly implemented after a very strong negative reaction to the suggestion.

i agree that this is a good stap for single country servers, but i have yet to hear someone complain about the speed of kills on a server where you have 16 countries and can mass FA your own restart with your originals.

if it aint broke, dont fix it, and this is something that was never broke. FFA is ALREADY an extremely time consuming server, and making it to where someone has to triple, if not more, the time it takes to war on this server....well many will not stick around for that change.

i applaud the activeness of this development team, and just about all the work they have done has been stellar, however this is a blunder, a rather large one. and i hope that it is a mistake that is soon fixed.

thanks

What fordy said!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

llaar Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 7:48:29

theres only 6 days left

i find it unlikely theres any wars that havnt been decided yet (at least in nw terms, maybe some people are going to try to 'win' a war based on total kills)

a lot can happen in 6 days when you screw with the people that were warring, and make it no longer fun.

Nov 25th 2011, 7:52:40

likewise

a lot can happen in 6 days when you screw with the people that were netting, and make it no longer fun
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

llaar Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 7:55:33

i posted my intentions if the change were going to go into effect

the mods made the change anyway, even after 99% of FFA stated they hated it, did not want it, and would quit/suicide if it was implemented

good to know mods care what we think. at least mehul didn't make game changer edits in the middle of resets.

Pain Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 7:57:14

so because the mods did something you didnt like, you ruined 2 months of work for several people?

it wont be forgotten.
Your mother is a nice woman

bertz Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 8:00:33

idiot to ruin the rest just for that?!

We are part of that 99% that don't agree with the change.
Why ruin our facking 2 months of work on 16 countries??!

Edited By: Warster on Nov 25th 2011, 8:11:38. Reason: thats 2 bertz

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2011, 8:00:41

did you read the post where pang said it was a bug that the change was in effect?

/facepalm

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2011, 8:02:30

Originally posted by Pang:
mmm it shouldn't be in; i turned it down to 0 seconds between attacks before i made it live for all real servers.

great work llaar

llaar Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 8:05:31

i saw my readiness drop faster if i hit fast

it was dropping 6-7% per hit, and if i hit slower, it dropped slower

it was a bug that it was in effect? or it was never in effect? you just contradicted yourself in your last two messages

mrford also saw it happen when he made his hits, he was only able to make 12 hits spamming, when normally you can make 19 on a tyranny before you hit the 25% readiness barrier

don't try to claim now, that this change was not in effect, we both clearly saw it in effect.

llaar Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 8:06:51

Originally posted by bertz:
Fagging idiot to ruin the rest just for that?!

We are part of that 99% that don't agree with the change.
Why ruin our facking 2 months of work on 16 countries??!

if i didn't i would have been a liar

i didn't want to be a liar

blame the mods they forced my hand in this in my opinion

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2011, 8:08:57

you jumped the gun

it was a bug that it was in effect

the code was moved from test to normal and supposed to be disabled, except it wasnt disabled and people lost readiness

llaar Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 8:15:23

convenient excuse IMO since it was so completely ill received

this isn't posted about anywhere except from your claim here

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2011, 8:17:26

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 25th 2011, 8:24:06

Spoiled children.

llaar Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 8:36:58

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Spoiled children.

speak for yourself

i don't even know what you're attempting to convey with that remark

GunGrave Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 9:41:42

Originally posted by llaar:

theres only 6 days left

a lot can happen in 6 days when you screw with the people that were warring, and make it no longer fun.

you do know a little about screwing with people that are warring, don't ya llaar. course you were worse than pang. his was an accident, which i am hoping he has corrected by now. you were just out to fluff people over and piss everyone off... mission accomplished my friend, well done.

(o.0)

Asst. Foreign Affairs
Natural Born Killers
email -

joeskin Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 11:42:19

i am semi retire player and there should be no issue at all...

get a real life :)

braden Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 12:31:55

"speak for yourself

i don't even know what you're attempting to convey with that remark "

that children, when not given what they want, throw temper tantrums and yell and scream and wail and cry in hopes that they will get what they want.

How could you not understand that? I'm going to start killing your countries that hit me after work today. I look forward to it, and we'll see about readiness loss won't we?

braden Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 12:41:21

diez send me your number so i dont hit any of yours

crysk Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 13:06:24

fussy fussy. Go back to bed, wake up on the other side. It's a test, doesn't mean its going to happen. Be glad they're trying things out instead of sitting on their butts. Yikes people. You're like a pack of children who didn't get what they wanted on Christmas morning.

Popcom Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 14:56:57

Originally posted by crysk:
fussy fussy. Go back to bed, wake up on the other side. It's a test, doesn't mean its going to happen.

did you miss the part where it is happening? lol
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Popcom Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 14:57:06

Originally posted by crysk:
fussy fussy. Go back to bed, wake up on the other side. It's a test, doesn't mean its going to happen.

did you miss the part where it is happening? lol
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

mrford Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 16:09:51

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Spoiled children.

you are worthless. the irony in your condescending posts is almost unbearable. stfu
Swagger of a Chupacabra

barack obama Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 16:25:20

see another human , see yourself

Sorry developer , you lifted the game alot higher from Mehul's standard but going this way you punish Warring players too much while not increasing the fun for succesfull Netters.

Chitty Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 17:50:33

yep this change sucks. I am through with FFA. Way to kill a server. If you wanted to make this a non war game, take away the military and the ability to attack. This is a bigger screw up than new coke (yes that shows my age)

Slapster

Nov 25th 2011, 20:11:43

I find all of this very comical...maybe turkey makes people cranky?

mrford Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 20:14:33

sleepy, it makes ppl sleepy
Swagger of a Chupacabra