Verified:

synoder Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 16:28:28

I have a great fundraising idea for ya. Tell people that you are going to make the change at the start of next set unless you get x amount of dollars in donations ;)

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 24th 2011, 16:38:39

nice that you dont have to guess, just leaves reaction time and latency to add to the 3 seconds, so should make sure you tune for 3+ reaction

everyone seems to be forgetting you can do instant kills if you want to you just sacrifice 30% of your hits for that kill run

if you assume 250 hpk then if you think losing about 100 hits is better than the risk they will come online you can do that anyway

PapaSmurf Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 17:42:19

I will say I'm more opposed to the drop in readiness than putting something in that just limits the amount of attacks we can send.

mike Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 18:26:15

Originally posted by QM Diver:

So, let's don't say fluff this, I'm out of here, if bullfluff!.... If this is done, WTF have you contributed? Nothing~!

some of us have lives QM. if some choose to publicly state they will quit, don't antagonize them. some of us have a life outside of a game, and if we don't want to spent 2hours EVERY DAY running through turns as opposed to the 20-30 minutes we spend at the moment, don't get upset. recognize that, while in your old age you may have access to a computer at whatever time you want, a large portion of players try their best to run a full 16 countries, barely able to when we have work, school, and a wife (possibly kids) to take care of.

also, i sort of like the idea of throttling attacks, but 3 seconds, as has been said, is overkill. perhaps a 1 attack per second limitation would work. as has been said, Havoc's 10 attacks, 10 second cooldown works beautifully for what you intend.
Carpe Cerevisi

Chitty Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 18:31:48

Sounds like I am going to be chased off another server.

In FFA I don't see how this can help. Only going to chase players away, some may return. But in all honestly I think a change like this will do more harm than good to FFA.

Kill4Free Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 18:54:31

As someone mentioned earlier, having a chance at reviving a dead country would be cool. Maybe save up bonus points or something, I dont know, but I could see it being implemented in such a way that it wouldn't be overpowered.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Havoc Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 19:16:22

Originally posted by PapaSmurf:
I will say I'm more opposed to the drop in readiness than putting something in that just limits the amount of attacks we can send.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

QM Diver Game profile

Nov 24th 2011, 20:15:22

if some choose to publicly state they will quit, don't antagonize them
=========
Oh, I understand this, Mike.. I didn't intend to antagonize..I believe Pang hasn't written anything in stone, as this is a 'discussion thread.' I'm sure he's in the same boat as most of us that do not have tons of time to play. I can see how those that barely have the time to play now, would be incensed..
BTW... Only my body is becoming old.. so.... there! ;o)

I may not have expressed the thought very well.. For that, I apologize.. :o(

So, you're saying K4F, To come back from the dead, via bonus points? We need to have EE Zombie mode? HELL YEAH!! lol

I also agree 100% with PaPa and Havoc re, readiness drop..
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

vern Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 0:00:38

what

synoder Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 1:38:19

so you went ahead and implemented it?!?!?

KeTcHuP Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 1:38:54

Didnt know this was going to be implemented mid set.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

Dizology Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 1:51:36

Originally posted by synoder:
so you went ahead and implemented it?!?!?

Makes me a sad panda.

I'm hoping it's a joke by Pang to get at some people (the way they acted in response to this thread), and that it will be removed soon lol.

mrford Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 1:55:22

wow

in a small tag, with most of my kills being solo kills, this is a massive blow to my ability to run turns quickly. this will kill small war clans. :( i dont have the time to spend 2 hours running turns anymore. and its not an option to just waste turns on ready when you are fighting a uphill battle numbers wise.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 25th 2011, 2:07:30

Someone remind me what FFA stands for again...

Please leave this out of FFA.

Popcom Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 2:11:15

worst.change.ever

another example of how this game is becoming strictly for netters.. weak
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

synoder Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 2:43:15

http://forums.earthempires.com/...diness-changes-this-round

I guess FFA didn't need a heads up. lol

Drinks Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 2:56:38

First of all i agree its the worst change ever popcom.

But HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA at the fact that you said this change was for netters.

I love losing additional readiness while i press the cash button... oh wait i dont need readiness to press the cash button.

If anything this is against netters. Cause netters tend to only kill suiciders. And they tend to solo kill them. Making it even more annoying for them.

So sorry popcom, lets just leave your comment as 'worst.change.ever' as the latter comment is totally irrelevant to this change.

But yes. WTF at implementing this change on FFA without warning and after almost everyone complained about it!
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

KyleCleric Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 3:00:40

Ridiculously dumb ...
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Popcom Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 3:07:12

ok, if once in a while u have to spend 5h running turns to play that's not a big deal. but as a killer? really? this was deff a change thats a HUGE blow to killers.
does anyone really think killers will keep playing this game when they have to spend HOURS a day trying to use turns?
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

TroyTiger Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 3:33:13

THIS IS REALLY STUPID fluffING DUMB MOVE/CHANGE!

Am I am a netter.
This really sucks, change it BACK please.

aliyah Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 3:42:22

Wow. Very lame. As I said before, I'm gone if this remains. FFA is for wars. Quick wars at that. It already takes enough time to run a WC without making things more difficult in this manner. How 'bout we add the ability to sell oil on the private market and FA it as well? :P
ALIYAH
TINY BUT MIGHTY!
HEAR ME RAWR!

LCN Spellchecker in training

bertz Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 4:47:06

Great change for suiciders. Not it would be hard to kill them

diez Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 4:50:02

this is bad change for FFA. Imagine how much time you got to spend while warring now.........

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 25th 2011, 6:04:47

hm maybe pang copied and pasted this, but we had been talking about leaving FFA with 1 second/attack; i don't think we'll limit FFA to 3s/attack because of the number of attacks.
Finally did the signature thing.

mrford Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 6:10:26

thats still multiplying the time it takes me personally, and im sure many others, to attack by a factor of 5-7.

thats not realistic. not when you are talking about 600+ hits per person in a FS.....

no one cares about losing 1 country on FFA...this isnt alliance
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KyleCleric Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 6:18:22

Qz/pang, stop making me agree with fordy. It really pisses me off.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

AquaView Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 6:18:36

well it you don't put the game back as it was most of my clan will quit as will I

this game already take a lot of time out of my life if you make it longer i can find something much better to play like battle pirates on face book

GunGrave Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 6:19:51

Originally posted by GunGrave:
i could accept many of the changes because they give equalizers to disadvantaged countries/clans, but this one gives the larger clans a bigger advantage and takes away from smaller ones. not to mention it gives in to the netting self farmers too because no one will want to war when you can't kill the enemy

this game is played thru a combination of building yourself up and beating you opponent down to gain higher rank. self farmers have given up on the latter half to focus on building themselves up. others will combine that and beat their enemy lower thru warring and grabbing. this throttling destroys any clan's ability to war by reducing the number of attacks a country can throw because of constantly replenishing readiness or slowing the attack down so much that it is guaranteeing that the target will get online in time to wall.

now, a target walling is not a bad thing but smaller countries are at a disadvantage already because many time they cannot buy out/drop below an attacker's range. it may take more attacks but they will inevitable die if the attacker keeps at it. but large countries many times has the resources to boost out of an smaller attacker's range, so smaller clans have to rely on a speedy kill before the target can log on to ensure its death.

so in a few ways this change will benefit clans/countries that already have the advantage of being larger that their opposition
Death smile upon all men,
all a man can do is smile back,
so come on... lets put a smile on that face. :D

Asst. Foreign Affairs
Natural Born Killers
email -
irc - irc.gamesurge.net #NBK

Drinks Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 6:21:28

Yep change it back.

Dont throttle attacks in FFA. Dont care what you do in other servers.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

llaar Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 6:26:54

Originally posted by llaar:
this is the single worst idea i've ever heard of

i think i'd honestly stop playing normally and just suicide for fun instead

i've made 113,580 attacks in just this server

instead of taking me idk on average lets say i made 4 hits/second. i hit quick, you all know that. 113580/4 / 60 / 60 = thats ~8 hours of hitting in pure spamming hits that i've spent warring in about half the sets here in FFA

now imagine i had to wait 3 seconds, which in reality to optimize i'd count out to 4 in my head, that would take.... 113580 * 4 / 60 / 60 / 24.... over 5 days of my time to make that # of hits.

thats completely fluffed up you'd even think of making this change

i wasn't joking

grabbing ~2 mill acres and ~2 billion bushels just now was definitely interesting

Popcom Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 6:59:58

Originally posted by bertz:
Great change for suiciders. Not it would be hard to kill them

not only that, but it will take the same time to play 16 to the point of being able to do serious dmg to random netters, as it does to kill the 16
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 25th 2011, 7:20:27

well qz the decision you guys made just screwed alot of netters in FFA this reset

why the hell would u change it right in the middle of destock time

i'm with aqua i think alot of TKO members may quit over this
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2011, 7:41:01

how does doing it in destock time hurt netters?

Crippler ICD Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 7:42:22

Originally posted by llaar:

i wasn't joking

grabbing ~2 mill acres and ~2 billion bushels just now was definitely interesting

That's how :P
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 25th 2011, 7:48:10

exactly
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2011, 7:53:35

what netter is going to be readiness limited at this point in the reset

land gained compared to bpt to build with 6 days left in the set are the important factors

at worst you lose 10% readiness, and spend at minimum 1 turn for a tyranny for 3% regain and 7% net drop, for 2.333 turns to regain

for it to even matter your average grab would have to be less than bpt*2.333 which again would be a pointlessly small amount to be grabbing

plus it makes no sense to be netting with a tyranny at this point anyway meaning your readiness drop would be either 4% or 1%

oh wait i took you seriously and checked the news for what you are talking about

and it turns out llaar just decided to farm everyone using throttling as an excuse and complaining it took him longer

id delete what i wrote but might as well leave an explanation that it doesnt actually effect netters

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2011, 7:58:02

i see few hits below 1k acres so its obviously not a real problem

but just for the sake of accuracy if you were needing excess land for private destock it may take you a bit of extra time or you could just do 30% less hits on each country max

and not annoy quite as many people

yet since you appear to be getting farmed back now you probably forgot to drop stockpile

except that doesnt even really matter unless you were theo since mil is only at about $250/nwp right now

llaar Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 8:00:38

i posted my intentions if this change were to take effect, and acted upon them when they did take effect.

the blame for making game changing decisions that affect warring players who then act out on other players since they can't war happily anymore... that is the mod's fault. especially when intentions were made perfectly clear, and the whole server hated the idea.

i did not complain about grabbing taking longer, grabbing inherently takes longer than killing, so i wasn't really affected. anyone that tries to kill me now... will be affected. it will take them longer, and it will allow me plenty of time to wall, and will not allow people to rush me as effectively while i'm online.

llaar Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 8:02:02

i was in the middle of warring 3 other clans enshula, i've been at war for weeks now.

this change took away our will to war normally. i can't be arsed to sit and wait for every single hit to clear. it already took me up to 2 hours to run all my turns. am i going to spend 6 hours a day now? hell no

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2011, 8:03:00

Originally posted by Pang:
mmm it shouldn't be in; i turned it down to 0 seconds between attacks before i made it live for all real servers.

:(

you could have just done 30% less kills until it was fixed, although it would roughly double (slightly less) the amount of times youd need to regain readiness as a tyranny which you seem to be it wouldnt be a huge problem

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 25th 2011, 8:08:41

enshula

i think you missed my point ,
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

llaar Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 8:09:12

doing 30% less kills isn't my style

have you seen my war stats? i'm quite proud of them, i don't settle for 'less' of anything

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 25th 2011, 8:17:52

The admins are not responsible for llaar's actions. If you don't like it, tag kill his alliance.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2011, 8:20:40

warster i still dont get your point

it sounds like you blame the admins for making a mistake which provoked llaar to suicide on the netters and that because it was near the end of set provoking him now was bad

Billi_AoDT Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 8:25:16

THIS is bullfluff....
Your air wing invaded speedy gonzales (#3812)!
They broke through the defender's defences!
Your forces will lose additional readiness if they attack again in the next 3 seconds.

itll take me 10 fluffin minutes to kill this country.. any way to turn this fluffin garbage off?
ill probably quit if this stays

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2011, 8:26:42

I T S A B U G

calm down

theres already been a statement that the tentative plan at this point for ffa is a 1 second delay not 3 seconds anyway

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 25th 2011, 8:28:00

I can't believe a career cheater would do something like this, it's just so out of character!

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 25th 2011, 8:29:12

it doesnt matter

i was just saying that llaar attacking when he did was right in the middle of destocking for alot of netters so he took a nice amount of peoples stock

the bug/mistake made someone do something stupid that has hurt the finishes of a heap of people,

so those players may or may not play again

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

llaar Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 8:35:19

Originally posted by Slagpit:
I can't believe a career cheater would do something like this, it's just so out of character!

really? i have never cheated in EE. you know this.

want me to do this every reset until you all stop calling me a cheater? i know i could have fun with that, would you? back the eff off me, i play legit.

i wanted to grab the attention of mods, and i'm sure i did. i'm sorry for those that were hurt in the process. the mods sure messed up didn't they?

maybe test features before you release? and do it in between sets? announcing that you are going to release, and then players seeing the change in the game, sorta makes me think it was released. now to claim that oh, it wasn't really supposed to be released? come on

Pang posts on Nov 24th 2011, 21:50:49 :
Originally posted by Pang:
So expect this to be added in sometime tonight or tomorrow

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 25th 2011, 8:41:19

The fact that the LaE countries were deleted before you had a chance to login to them doesn't make you legit. But since you care so much about being "honest", to the point of ruining innocent player's countries over it, why don't you come clean about all of the shady fluff you've done in Earth 2025? You're such an honest and stand up guy, right?