Verified:

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Nov 6th 2011, 17:49:03

Let me do it for you.

Very few things make me angrier than to watch passive parents humor their children in a situation where the kids should not be running around like maniacs.

Im sitting in an emergency room that is quiet and *Full*. These two kids maybe aged 3 and 4 are running around, throwing pencil crayons, screaming, climbing under other people's chairs etc.

Meanwhile the two parents, maybe mid-thirties sit and calmly request they stop. The kids don't listen, and the parents act like they've done their best. It really reminds me of little Ned Flanders - "You've got to help us Doc, we've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas".

If this is your idea of parenting, please pm me so we can meet up and I can punch you in the face!

Thank you.

/Rant
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

Mr.Silver

Nov 6th 2011, 17:50:23

listen to Russel Peters and beat yor kids :)

Edited By: Mr.Silver on Nov 7th 2011, 0:35:33
See Original Post

snawdog Game profile

Nov 6th 2011, 20:01:16

Actually there is no laws against Corporal punishment.
My kids knew it..And my Grand-Kids believe it.(never had to whack them yet)
ICQ 364553524
msn

Sauron NBK Game profile

Nov 6th 2011, 22:30:35

Damn how old r u snawdawg? "beating" makes it sound kinda harsh I.find that a firm swat on the butt does the trick. It doesn't really hurt but still let's them know they're in trouble. My kids are quite well behaved in public.

mold Game profile

Nov 6th 2011, 22:55:28

I hear, mr charcoal, that parents in your area let their kids run amok just to piss you off.

ViLSE Game profile

Nov 6th 2011, 22:55:32

Do that in Sweden and you risk some jail-time. Its illegal and has been for quite some time.

snawdog Game profile

Nov 6th 2011, 23:01:39

Originally posted by Sauron NBK:
Damn how old r u snawdawg? "beating" makes it sound kinda harsh I.find that a firm swat on the butt does the trick. It doesn't really hurt but still let's them know they're in trouble. My kids are quite well behaved in public.

Old..But i do agree with Sauron..All you need is to get their attention..No need to over do it.
I personally feel that those folks that go overboard are doing it solely because they are mad and it releases their anger.
Those folks should be jailed,after all said and done a child cannot protect themselves.
ICQ 364553524
msn

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2011, 23:30:05

I've never had to "beat" my kids and they are well behaved, even in public. If you feel like you must "beat" your kids for them to mind you might be doing it all wrong!

I'm not some anti-discipline kind of parent however there are other ways to raise your kids to behave without the fear of your hands... But I'd never tell another parent how to raise their kids, what kind of ass hole thinks they can tell everyone how to raise their kids!

Helmet Game profile

Nov 6th 2011, 23:34:58

Originally posted by Requiem:
I've never had to "beat" my kids and they are well behaved, even in public. If you feel like you must "beat" your kids for them to mind you might be doing it all wrong!

I'm not some anti-discipline kind of parent however there are other ways to raise your kids to behave without the fear of your hands... But I'd never tell another parent how to raise their kids, what kind of ass hole thinks they can tell everyone how to raise their kids!

You never had to spank them? I've always felt like you only do it as a last resort, but every once in a while they'll need one just to remind them if they go too far they'll get it.

That's how it's been with my dog at least. haha I've smacked my dog maybe a half a dozen times and haven't had to for probably 4 years because just the fear of it makes him behave.

braden Game profile

Nov 6th 2011, 23:38:10

i would let charcoal slap or spank my child, no issue.

in fact, i might have him do it even if they've been behaving well..

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2011, 23:39:38

At first with my son I would swat him on the butt but I found that just pissed him off and made the situation worse. Most of the time if I just do a time out in a chair or corner or something like that it has much more effect with getting him to mind. Might just be his personality but spanking him does no good and actually just makes him more mad and unwilling to listen.

Time outs = best at least for us.

Jiman Game profile

Nov 6th 2011, 23:46:13

Consistency is very very important as well. If you say your going to do something, you dam be sure to do it. Do not make threats unless you are willing to follow through. Kids are smart, they will learn when and when not you will do something and take advantage of that.

Edited By: Jiman on Nov 6th 2011, 23:48:23
See Original Post

snawdog Game profile

Nov 6th 2011, 23:58:19

Originally posted by Jiman:
Consistency is very very important as well. If you say your going to do something, you dam be sure to do it. Do not make threats unless you are willing to follow through. Kids are smart, they will learn when and when not you will do something and take advantage of that.

Absolutely..If you advise them of consequences you better follow up.
ICQ 364553524
msn

snawdog Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 0:01:33

Originally posted by Sauron NBK:

I never said beating..I am emphatically against..I said Corporal Punishment.
ICQ 364553524
msn

KingKaosKnows

Nov 7th 2011, 0:11:08

psychological warfare.

You give them something great, and whenever they miss behave you take it away; works like a charm all the time.

Physical threats are so stone age.

Helmet Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 11:59:34

Tabasco and cold showers.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 12:41:44

not my kids, not my problem. i hardly notice it any more. seems to be normal behavior nowadays.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 20:53:03

lol never thought of AT as a place to go for parenting advice...

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2011, 21:26:00

Our demographic is changing:)
Z is #1

Lobo Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 22:54:36

I 'beat' my kids .....we called it beat, but hardly a good name for it. Reminder taps. Havnt touched them in forever though. Now it is just a look to get the job done. Has worked great on others ppls kids in public too, tee hee. Kids go from throwing a fit on the floor to clinging quietly to mommy dears leg all with a 'look'. I was a teacher for years and never once needed to touch a kid.

Never did understand the 'if I ignore the behavior it will go away' style of parenting.
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

mrford Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 23:18:17

there is a difference in reasonable discipline and beating. discipline is not illegal, beating is. when people cant discern between the two, that is when there is a problem.

my kids arnt that old yet (one a little over 2 and one right at 4 months) but the 2 year old gets his discipline when its deserved.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Riddler Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 23:44:07

Love the rant, I have felt this way a million times.

Pain Game profile

Nov 8th 2011, 0:10:57

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
not my kids, not my problem. i hardly notice it any more. seems to be normal behavior nowadays.

normal for new jersey. not normal for places with respectable people

:P
Your mother is a nice woman

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Nov 8th 2011, 1:05:41

Let me change my post a wee bit.

If you dont properly punish your kids, I will BEAT them.

Im a firm believer in spanking, my generation got spanked and so did my parents generation etc. All of a sudden it's unacceptable? I dont think so. A true beating....well....thats just too far.

I actually agree with Helmet (except for the dog part, wont hit a dog ever)

Braden, I find it creepy and weird you want me to punish your kids.......so it will be a charge to you.
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

farmer Game profile

Nov 8th 2011, 1:55:03

every kid responds different,what works for one might not work for the other. i had two that were poler opposite of each other.swat one and he would cry for an hour and the other one would laugh at you,so whatever works

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 8th 2011, 9:17:44

that would be an idle threat MrCharcoal, who put you in charge of all the Nannies? are you willing to assume guardianship of the child and take care of all their other needs?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Nov 8th 2011, 15:16:43

Originally posted by MrCharcoal:
Let me do it for you.

Very few things make me angrier than to watch passive parents humor their children in a situation where the kids should not be running around like maniacs.

I hope the hypocrisy of this post is not lost on you considering you're in RD
Smarter than your average bear.