Verified:

Havoc Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 6:26:35

Originally posted by Alicia:
Slagpit, please act more becoming of your position. I don't understand the purpose of your comment other than to be an asshole. Nobody is attacking you in this thread by pointing that out. You should actually listen to what these people are saying about your behavior, because they are right. You are asking for this criticism.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Forgotten

Oct 23rd 2011, 6:27:30

I like your original post better Alicia
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Revolver Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 6:35:43

Slagpit, professionalism and ethic aren't important for you as an admin eh? There lies the reason why you are so appreciated. Mehul was maybe an a**, but he was impartial and he would NEVER in any measures discredit or bash at the players the way you do. You are an admin, by default, you lose the right to talk you mind about political aspects of the game. As far as these forums are concerned, you are an admin, not an EVO member. Nobody cares what you say on EVO forums, but on these forums, you have to behave like an admin. As players, we need to trust you, which we don't at the moment because you behave more like a flamer than an admin.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 23rd 2011, 6:43:39

all the compaliants about mehul not being impartial were earth v utopia wernt they?

but anyway ive said before id rather have biased admins who care even if they screw up sometimes

trolling an alliance as an admin is dumb, but its not a big deal unless you cant handle people criticising you for it

actual stuff worth getting riled up at admins is things which actually effect the game in some way, and there have been a number of issues, im hoping none of them were malicious but the more it becomes "us vs them" the less trust there can be

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 23rd 2011, 7:10:51

Quick history lesson: back when EE was first created and good will was running high, I was tasked with developing a new attack success formula. I tried to make one that was easy to calculate, intuitive, and fair. The new formula was posted on the boards so everyone was competing on a level playing field. Do you know what almost immediately happened? A few of the superstars of a certain alliance were retalled and immediately accused me of modifying the attack success formula to obstruct their style of play. The hilarious part was that they actually misunderstood how offensive allies contributed to the formula, so they were retalled simply because the alliances they were grabbing bought up a lot of jets.

Disgruntled gamer Jiman actually stumbled upon the biggest problem: how do we deal with the constant, bogus accusations of corruption and impropriety? There really isn't a good way. If we delete the posts, their idiot friends come to the boards and complain. If we defend ourselves, we are violating the unwritten standards of proper administrative behaviors. If we let the posts sit on the boards, people might actually believe them. Those are the actual harmful posts. No doubt it feels good to blame the problems of this community on some hypothetical scenario where potential players search through the 90,000 posts on AT, find mine, and quit without trying the game. What actually happens is they try the game, find they can't compete, and quit.

The admins knew from the very beginning that we weren't going to be perfect, so we asked the community to bring up any issues with mod or admin posts privately. This has almost never happened. If you're going to take the position that admins shouldn't engage in arguments with other players, why the hell would you start arguments with them? We already have a process for these disputes, but I guess it's more fun to troll, throw a public temper tantrum, and try to one up each other in phony outrage. This pathetic blaming of the victims is really wearing thin with me.

I have been as ethical as possible. None of you can demonstrate harm caused by my actions, which makes the accusations of bias and unethical behavior truly pathetic. Yeah, I posted a single sentence bashing an alliance that I know is warring for a fluffty reason. So what? It's a war declaration thread. I'll freely admit that I'm biased against cheaters, griefers, and anyone who plays this game to make it worse for others. If Omega knew the real reasons for this war, they would be ashamed of their actions.

I was invited by this community to participate in it and to be a player, but apparently it was on your own selfish terms. Alicia is right, I care too much. So you know what? fluff all of you, I quit.

Revolver Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 7:10:52

There wouldn't be confrontations if Slagpit knew to draw the line. The best possible admins are actually qz and pang who drew a line. They're caring for the game (unlike mehul), but they're professionals and they don't go all around the forums. Mehul and Slagpit are 2 extremes as admins that can't get the trust and respect of players. Mehul because he didn't care about e2025 and Slagpit, for the reasons you know already.

hanlong Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 7:18:04

slagpit

i'm not trying to attack you here, but i think there's a balance between not caring at all or caring too much.

don't get too worked up about it man, it's not worth it. just step back and relax and see the big picture.

don't let ingame events change your views as an admin. it should not be related at all.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

locket Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 7:29:12

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Quick history lesson: back when EE was first created and good will was running high, I was tasked with developing a new attack success formula. I tried to make one that was easy to calculate, intuitive, and fair. The new formula was posted on the boards so everyone was competing on a level playing field. Do you know what almost immediately happened? A few of the superstars of a certain alliance were retalled and immediately accused me of modifying the attack success formula to obstruct their style of play. The hilarious part was that they actually misunderstood how offensive allies contributed to the formula, so they were retalled simply because the alliances they were grabbing bought up a lot of jets.

Disgruntled gamer Jiman actually stumbled upon the biggest problem: how do we deal with the constant, bogus accusations of corruption and impropriety? There really isn't a good way. If we delete the posts, their idiot friends come to the boards and complain. If we defend ourselves, we are violating the unwritten standards of proper administrative behaviors. If we let the posts sit on the boards, people might actually believe them. Those are the actual harmful posts. No doubt it feels good to blame the problems of this community on some hypothetical scenario where potential players search through the 90,000 posts on AT, find mine, and quit without trying the game. What actually happens is they try the game, find they can't compete, and quit.

The admins knew from the very beginning that we weren't going to be perfect, so we asked the community to bring up any issues with mod or admin posts privately. This has almost never happened. If you're going to take the position that admins shouldn't engage in arguments with other players, why the hell would you start arguments with them? We already have a process for these disputes, but I guess it's more fun to troll, throw a public temper tantrum, and try to one up each other in phony outrage. This pathetic blaming of the victims is really wearing thin with me.

I have been as ethical as possible. None of you can demonstrate harm caused by my actions, which makes the accusations of bias and unethical behavior truly pathetic. Yeah, I posted a single sentence bashing an alliance that I know is warring for a fluffty reason. So what? It's a war declaration thread. I'll freely admit that I'm biased against cheaters, griefers, and anyone who plays this game to make it worse for others. If Omega knew the real reasons for this war, they would be ashamed of their actions.

I was invited by this community to participate in it and to be a player, but apparently it was on your own selfish terms. Alicia is right, I care too much. So you know what? fluff all of you, I quit.

It was your sentence afterwards which called someone a stalker a cheater etc that I took as you going too far. All I was attempting to do was to tell you that.

Do I think you should quit? Heck no. I DO think that it is best if you avoid political discussions on the boards. No one has problems with admins in leadership as long as everyone knows they are being ethical. And with a very nearly clean record everything has been for the most part. Just take a break and come back in a couple of days.

I have said it before and I will again. QZ and Pang are avoiding arguments by avoiding commenting on that stuff. Avoid that and I bet peoples issues drop to 1% of what they are with you now. Post and have fun instead of posting and insulting. :D Much better for the health lol

Oh and if you are feeling unappreciated for your work I assure you that those who enjoy the game are appreciative whatever the current political climate :P

dagga Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 7:46:51

Wait, did Omega break a uNAP to make this hit or not?
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

hanlong Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 7:48:00

dagga: if you read the war dec you would realize imag offered a uNAP that omega didn't accept. do you always not read before you post? ;)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

henrik Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 7:56:07

No dagga, we (omega) didn't break a pact, nor will we.

Forgotten

Oct 23rd 2011, 8:01:54

I don't get why people get so worked up.

I also don't get why people always point at others to blame.

It's obviously that some of the claims on both sides are false, but it is also a reality that some lines have been crossed by both sides of the argument.

Some people just don't owe up to what they have done behind doors, and that is what I can't stand for.

I'm not even going to bother going into details, because I'll get banned for speaking out again.

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Revolver Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 8:07:12

i think it's enough now. A mod should definitely close this thread.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 23rd 2011, 8:10:11

YOU PEOPLE HAVE HIJACK THE OMEGA WARDEC ON MY CLAN THREAD

I AM MADANGRYYO!!! GET OUT! NAO
ALL OF YOU :p
SLAGPIT TOO
make your own

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

dagga Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 8:11:38

Ahh, doesnt matter. This war sucks, is pointless and will continue to suck for the entire reset. Cheers LaF.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Jiman Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 8:11:45

Being an admin is not easy nor how they are viewed fair. If they do not appear perfect the public will pray on them.

The best thing I could suggest is simply not become emotionally attatched. If you take everything that is said to you personnelly its going to weigh very very heavily on you. When people speak to an admin they are not speaking to that person directly, but the game that they represent.

It sucks you decided to quit instead of attempting to improve upon yourself and attempt to take a different route to solve the issues that were infront of you. You have done a lot for this community.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 23rd 2011, 8:12:34

THAT'S IT! :P Eternal war on jiman and dagga!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

anoniem Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 8:14:53

people get worked up because this whole situation is the cause of one piece of fluff alliance that constantly lies.

clearly, they've got about 10 mindless lapdogs
re(ally)tired

Forgotten

Oct 23rd 2011, 8:27:00

Originally posted by anoniem:
people get worked up because this whole situation is the cause of one piece of fluff alliance that constantly lies.

clearly, they've got about 10 mindless lapdogs

Even at this point you keep going at pointless dribble.

Your failure to recognize that neither side is perfect portrays what is wrong with the whole situation.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Evolution Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 10:44:18

I quite like the current moderators/admins :(.

Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

iTarl Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 12:59:08

whats a Slagpit? and why should I care? by the way what is the definition of a top feed? so many questions and not enough answers. ( third question i related to topic, so dont yell at me G )

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 23rd 2011, 13:22:05

topfeeding is grabbing with the intention of benefiting after a number of pre known retals that you expect to be successful

since you ask

diez Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 13:23:25

mazel tov, o mega

Chevs

Oct 23rd 2011, 13:33:10

SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 13:53:20

Slagpit, it is not that the community doesn't appreciate what you have done. It is that the message you portray across the boards that undo what you have done.

If you would just step back, and only post about stuff relating to the game and not your alliance, it would be far better.

I'm not saying you shouldn't post at all. But generally speaking, if you have nothing to add to a discussion, you simply shouldn't post -- especially with an admin tag.

There is a difference between engaging the community, and engaging in veiled insults directed at clan tags. An admin should not do the latter, even though as a player, you very much want to. It simply sends the wrong message. You really should use a non-admin account for it, so the line is drawn clearer because many things you post, isn't immediately clear if it was from an admin viewpoint, or a player viewpoint.

I hope you understand, and think over the criticisms directed at you. If there's one quality a Community Manager must have, it must be thick-skinned.

anoniem Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 14:32:08

so LaF and Co. have not only made several players quit over the past year, but now they are also making admins quit?

cheerio!

Edited By: martian on Oct 24th 2011, 15:07:38. Reason: not warn you again
re(ally)tired

hanlong Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 15:53:48

so LaF and Co. have not only made several players quit over the past year, but now they are also making admins quit?

p.s. forgotten, if i were you i'd be quiet, because according to hanlong you have a chemical imbalance in the brain. so take your meds and have a long bath.

cheerio!

anoniem, stop trying to rile people up. it isn't helping matters.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

anoniem Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 16:44:34

rile people up how? against the "people" playing in your alliance, that happen to be ruining the integrity of the game? and just happen to be using other netgaining alliances as throw-away pawns.

or riling people up and managing to make an admin quit?

i'm not sure which one you were referring to, so please clarify.

Edited By: anoniem on Oct 23rd 2011, 17:08:20
See Original Post
re(ally)tired

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 23rd 2011, 17:05:29

aponic, chevs, hanlong, locket (I'm sure there are more but those are just the ones from this thread that standout):

You will obviously never be happy with Slagpit. You tell him to post less but then bait him by creating threads trolling him and then you troll his every comment (even though his original statement was about an alliance on which this thread is based). What's the point?

If there is some bias, you know there is a head moderator which you can appeal to. You know that your trolling threads only cause more trouble and do not fix anything. Unless your goal is simply to get banned more often to pad your "troll counts" please just stop. Actually, even if that is your goal, please stop. It creates an acrid environment and is obviously not helping anything.

hanlong Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 17:07:44

rile people up how? against the "people" playing in your alliance, that happen to be ruining the integrity of game? and just happen to be using other netgaining alliances as throw-away pawns.

you know exactly what i mean. go re-read all of your posts.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

anoniem Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 17:10:48

Originally posted by hanlong:
rile people up how? against the "people" playing in your alliance, that happen to be ruining the integrity of game? and just happen to be using other netgaining alliances as throw-away pawns.

i have no idea what you mean. just like you have no idea when your members are running untagged suiciders on your allies.

see, i can play dumb too. it's actually quite fun. now i'm going to command my lapdogs to fight a war i started for no reason.
re(ally)tired

hanlong Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 17:13:51

Originally posted by hanlong:

i have no idea what you mean. just like you have no idea when your members are running untagged suiciders on your allies.

see, i can play dumb too. it's actually quite fun. now i'm going to command my lapdogs to fight a war i started for no reason.

cool
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

anoniem Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 17:15:42

p.s. whenever somebody brings up my illegitimate alliance's backhand and dirty tactics i will try to brush them off with inane responses.

can i get a lol?
re(ally)tired

hanlong Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 17:16:13

p.s. whenever somebody brings up my illegitimate alliance's backhand and dirty tactics i will try to brush them off with inane responses.

can i get a lol?

lol
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Havoc Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 17:44:05

thanks for ruining our actually decent war dec thread:(
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

aponic Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 17:52:10

The real problem is that people in EVO are too reactionary. I would name the two specific people I am talking about when I generalize by saying EVO, but then I might get a ban.

LEARN TO STAY ON TOPIC.

There is no need to cry about your lost mittens because someone criticizes a comment you made about another alliance.

Slagpit: You make some real direct negative comments about individuals like "cheater, suicider, etc". Grow up or shut up.
SOF
Cerevisi

Strikey Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 17:55:42

Cant we all just get along?

:P

Bater Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 17:56:56

Bonus Post
<3 anoniem

Rufus Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 17:58:07

Havoc, that was the evil and vicious plan all along.
I am John Galt.

BattleKJ Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 18:30:17

An Admin quitting his position in your War Dec is one sure fire way to have your war dec forgotten about quickly!

Revolver Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 18:49:53

p.s. forgotten, if i were you i'd be quiet, because according to hanlong you have a chemical imbalance in the brain. so take your meds and have a long bath.

cheerio!

Christ Anoniem, you are really alone in your world. Have I seen any other EVOers complaining as much as you do ? NO. All you do is trying to make others look bad, but you don't seem to understand that you are the one that look like an idiot. You seem to think you are fully supported by everybody while you are just a tiny insignificant individual in a community. As you can see, a lot of people decided to confront Slagpit. The only reason you dont face such opposition is that you are not important enough. As opposed to you, Slagpit is an important member of this community since he is an admin. A minimum of integrity is required. In your case, we really couldn't care less. The only problem is that you make a lot of people lose time reading your non-sense. And please, do everybody a favor, say something constructive and not your regular 'laf are cheater', 'laf drives people off the game', 'laf is this or that'.. Really, through your posts, a lot of people surely have the feeling that you are in need of a lot of attention. In short, you really sound miserable and it's too bad, since I thought that only kids in the teens crisis are behaving as such. It seems you are an exception to the rule.

anoniem Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 18:53:52

All I see is a blur of incoherent text.

Next.
re(ally)tired

Sifos Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 18:54:08

Imag calls in LaF and Evo on Omega's dec thread! Thanks for helping us guys!
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 18:58:35

Now I do not personally have an issue with Slagpit, however, I do have a problem when an admin starts calling another player or alliance as a cheater. That is a serious allegation, plus with no actual proof or action taken, it can be viewed as either slander or supporting cheating.

That is the problem, it is unprofessional.

If you truly think LaF is driving away players from the game, then think about the mechanics that led to the current politics and change it. And even then, Pang says the game is growing, not shrinking.

Edited By: Xinhuan on Oct 23rd 2011, 19:03:55
See Original Post

BattleKJ Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 19:01:44

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Now I do not personally have an issue with Slagpit, however, I do have a problem when an admin starts calling another player or alliance as a cheater. That is a serious allegation, plus with no actual proof or action taken, it can be viewed as either slander or supporting cheating.

Well, I would strongly assume that Slagpit does indeed have proof for him to feel so strongly about it. I think you're just trolling by implying that he doesnt have proof.

Revolver Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 19:07:36

KJ. Would you be so kind to share proofs with all of us so your mate gains a bit of credibility ?

locket Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 19:08:40

Originally posted by BattleKJ:
Originally posted by Xinhuan:

Well, I would strongly assume that Slagpit does indeed have proof for him to feel so strongly about it. I think you're just trolling by implying that he doesnt have proof.

if there was proof people would be deleted.. apparently laf people by his crap.

anoniem Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 19:10:12

Why don't you ask Pangaea or Martian for this proof? Seeing as you feel slagpit is so very biased.

not that you need this proof. i already know your leaders have been talking to the admins about LT and his "antics".

so man up and admit it.

to people of locket's standings and/or lower: ask your leaders.

cheeerio
re(ally)tired

locket Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 19:11:09

Originally posted by Tertius:
aponic, chevs, hanlong, locket (I'm sure there are more but those are just the ones from this thread that standout):

You will obviously never be happy with Slagpit. You tell him to post less but then bait him by creating threads trolling him and then you troll his every comment (even though his original statement was about an alliance on which this thread is based). What's the point?

If there is some bias, you know there is a head moderator which you can appeal to. You know that your trolling threads only cause more trouble and do not fix anything. Unless your goal is simply to get banned more often to pad your "troll counts" please just stop. Actually, even if that is your goal, please stop. It creates an acrid environment and is obviously not helping anything.

Just because I gave my opinion on him calling people cheaters and stalkers etc did not mean I was trolling. I wasn't. My only replies were to his personal insults at various people. And after I posted my opinion on unprofessionalism he trolled me. Take off your horse blinders. These arguments are tiresome. People should just stop posting like Anoniem and try to enjoy the game for once.

Revolver Game profile

Oct 23rd 2011, 19:16:31

Why don't you ask Pangaea or Martian for this proof? Seeing as you feel slagpit is so very biased.

not that you need this proof. i already know your leaders have been talking to the admins about LT and his "antics".

so man up and admit it.

to people of locket's standings and/or lower: ask your leaders.

cheeerio

It's incredible how you have a hardon LT. Change the tape in the radio, it gets old.