Verified:

Flamey Game profile

Apr 20th 2011, 12:46:47

Originally posted by Pang:
this thread got too evo-ey for me

cya later!

offer is still open for any SoFfers who want to approach me about ways to effectively counter suiciding.

1. Minimum of 5 SS/PS attacks by untagged every x hours + maximum of 5 attacks allowed against that untagged every x hours. Make x hours like market times maybe between 20 - 28 hours to make it more challenging for campers. No special attacks for or against an untagged.

2. To create a clan you need a minimum of 5 people who will have some kind of tag control. You need comfirmation from all those #s to create a tag.

Effectively stops mass suiciding, because all they can do is 5 SS or PS a day. Seeing as this untag is likely getting hit 5x a day, there is no excuse why you cant outgrow defence and stops people being comfortable with their set low defence strats. Allows untags to play a whole set, though they rightly have a disadvantage in the alliance server. If 5 people start suiciding, id say that enough members to be classified a war on this server's memberbase.

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 20th 2011, 12:50:27

Yeah, now good luck changing everything everytime the community's member base fluctuates...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Chevs

Apr 20th 2011, 18:35:07

I think this is all an elaborate ploy by certain parties to test if SoF will honour its uNAPS.

Because like helmet said we didn't grab last reset and we've been trying to be a positive force on the server, so I'm not sure who we pissed off to the point where there are SoF-only suiciders.

But like nukevil said about blah blah blah the terms of the uNAP etc not being violated. there are plenty of ways we can get around the terms if we wanted to and fluff evo over.... but what is the point of the uNAP if both sides are just going to circumvent the pact details and be douches?
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 20th 2011, 18:53:16

Originally posted by Flamey:
this thread got too evo-ey for me

cya later!

offer is still open for any SoFfers who want to approach me about ways to effectively counter suiciding.

1. Minimum of 5 SS/PS attacks by untagged every x hours + maximum of 5 attacks allowed against that untagged every x hours. Make x hours like market times maybe between 20 - 28 hours to make it more challenging for campers. No special attacks for or against an untagged.

2. To create a clan you need a minimum of 5 people who will have some kind of tag control. You need comfirmation from all those #s to create a tag.

Effectively stops mass suiciding, because all they can do is 5 SS or PS a day. Seeing as this untag is likely getting hit 5x a day, there is no excuse why you cant outgrow defence and stops people being comfortable with their set low defence strats. Allows untags to play a whole set, though they rightly have a disadvantage in the alliance server. If 5 people start suiciding, id say that enough members to be classified a war on this server's memberbase.

I meant that if you want some tips to curb suiciding, let me know. damatt approached me, and I told him some helpful hints :)

we actually had a lot more ways to curb suiciding, but we were flamed to no end about it by people in the same alliance that is now vehemently against suiciding in all of its forms.
interesting thoughts though... seems like a complex mechanic to counter a very niche issue though :-/

try following the things damatt and I chatted about first, though :)
or when Ivan is no longer leading SoF, I'll pop back over and show you how it's really done :)
(no offense, ivan, but we just don't see eye to eye on enough issues to make me want to play there. soffers are nice folks though!)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

BobbyATA Game profile

Apr 20th 2011, 18:55:21

does anyone see eye to eye with Ivan?

Chevs

Apr 20th 2011, 19:44:39

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
does anyone see eye to eye with Ivan?

I do.

And pang lies he played in SoF last set
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 20th 2011, 20:22:07

ya, i definitely played in SoF last set -- i wasn't trying to claim I didn't, if it came across that way :p

but playing to take part in a large war (which is why I was in SoF last set) is somewhat different than just playing with an alliance to take part in whatever they may have planned/going on. :)
I liked the folks there, but I can't really get on board with enough of the policies to make it a place to play during any given set.

to each his own, though!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 20th 2011, 20:46:03

Somebody obviously has an agenda; that said, if you think it's Evo, that evo would go through a set of war only to try to provoke another war, that would make no sense; i would say it would be more likely to be a SoFer trying to stir up some crap in that case.

Which, incidentally, is not what I believe; I think there's enough alliances and individuals out there that SoF could have irritated over the years that just might want to mess with them.

On the other hand, these guys aren't exactly "for real" suiciders.. they could simply be hitting the lowest hanging fruit, which happen to be SoF, because 0 def is a pretty easy break....

Any real, determined suicider could do dozens of times more damage to any alliance...

And to blame your allies for hitting the suicider is counter-productive -- *somebody* is going to farm him, unless you just kill it, in which case you wasted the land; and why not let allies farm him than say... untags or somebody you're not pacted to (or somebody you're going to war anyway, I expect you're going to war this set probably?)

For example, if a suicider hit Evo, I'd much rather our friends over at collab farm the fluff out of him than say... PDM or somebody else who's currently topfeeding us...
Finally did the signature thing.

Chevs

Apr 20th 2011, 20:48:18

we are netting unless something stupid happens
SOF Head Of Poop

Helmet Game profile

Apr 20th 2011, 20:52:30

[quote poster=qzjul; 9023; 156692]

And to blame your allies for hitting the suicider is counter-productive -- *somebody* is going to farm him, unless you just kill it, in which case you wasted the land; and why not let allies farm him than say... untags or somebody you're not pacted to (or somebody you're going to war anyway, I expect you're going to war this set probably?)
[quote]

Because we're perfectly capable of farming them ourselves and getting the land back. If our allies want to farm them then they should help kill them IMO.

Apr 20th 2011, 21:20:27

Originally posted by Chevs:

And now you are the one lying.

Reckless Game profile

Apr 20th 2011, 21:28:04

snap

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 20th 2011, 22:00:59

But if you're capable of farming them, then wouldn't this be a non-issue?

It's not even capability either, it's a question of timing really; and unless you have 24/7 campers, I agree with QZ that having the alliances you are pacted with get those acres rather than your enemy is probably a bonus. If your policy was that as soon as SoF starts hitting them (so that timing is not the issue) then hands off, that would probably not be such an issue, but that's a bit different (and I'd say nicer for you and your allies).

Evolution Game profile

Apr 20th 2011, 22:14:50

Originally posted by qzjul:
Somebody obviously has an agenda; that said, if you think it's Evo.

WHO TOLD YOU!!!
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

SolidSnake Game profile

Apr 21st 2011, 0:12:43

This is why I'm wondering why my overtures, along with Slag's, are so thoroughly rejected :p

I can answer the second half of that, slag's overtures are rejected because hes a moron.

Chevs

Apr 21st 2011, 0:16:33

this thread just gave me a sick idea for a new server. now i have to track down pang ugh...
SOF Head Of Poop

diez Game profile

Apr 21st 2011, 0:41:36

Originally posted by Chevs:

Netting with 41 Monarchies is certainly effective.

CrazyMatt Game profile

Apr 21st 2011, 1:05:08

i hate netting, keep pushing our heads buttons pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee im sooooooooooo boredddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

ocmatrix Game profile

Apr 21st 2011, 3:23:01

Originally posted by EVORasp:
I find it funny SMz thinks the suicider was an Evo-er.

I have in-game chat logs that leads me to believe him to be either 3rd party or an untagged SoFer.

so this is all a drama show put on by SoFfers? :p
can we turn it into an opera?

I want long term netting, and I need land now!
Hit 119-er. Three-hundred-fifty jets, raw

I have all my jets home and I need land now!
Hit 119-er. Three-hundred-fifty jets, raw.
Three-hundred-fifty jets, raw.

He's hit SoFfers, he won't hit you
But if you hit him, then SoF will fluff at you

If you need long term netting and you need land now...
Hit 119-er. Three-hundred-fifty jets, raw.

It's SoF's land... take it when you need it!
Hit 119-er. Three-hundred-fifty jets, raw. Jets raw!

Pang, i sure hope JG Wentworth is paying you for that... now the song is stuck in my head

Ivan Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 5:40:43

Since peoples memories are so short, im bumbing this thread and then retals will fly :D

Evolution Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 6:36:54

This thread is weird, I am tending to agree more with Pang than Ivan. Ever since end of the world day when I agreed with Pang, I think Pang has been getting more reasonable. Typically in the past I'd just agree with Ivan, well occccasssssionallllly at least.

I've always said for the past decade that turrets were a good part of the solution. First thing I ask when someone in my clan complains about something like this is 'why u no got turrets?'

Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

anoniem Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 10:46:19

Dear Ivan,

If you hit EVO then they will NOT be counted as retals. They will be classed as land-grabs (seeing as we have not hit a single SoFer) and you will be violating our uNAP agreement, unless you're going to tag over to m0m0 again and then FS EVO for no reason.

Is it any wonder people dislike you? You run around threatening whomever you like left, right and centre. EVO had to kill 10 suiciders or so last reset, but did you see me threatening to kill/farm any allied countries that profited from the untaggeds? No, because there are morons in this game who just like to ruin other people's fun.

So why don't you get off my alliance's back and any other alliance you're threatening. We are not suiciding you, so you have absolutely NO grounds for "retalling" us.
re(ally)tired

Ivan Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 12:27:22

Dear anoniem I dont give a fluff what you care/think/write about or not, its SoF land and will be retalled accordingly

If i retal it in the form of landgrabs, or just kill the offending countries or send suiciders YOUR WAY and then 2 step it to hell is something im considering right now

And indeed you've had an extended pact, evo has also done everything in their power to balance on a very thing line on that pact, unfortunately I try to follow pacts but if i were you i would step very easily if you want that pact resigned for next set or if evo wants to netgain in the future at all

and thats a promise

fluff!

anoniem Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 12:40:38

Is everybody reading this? SOF are going to send suiciders EVO's way.

SOF support suiciders.

Some snippets of my "convo" with Ivan, where he threatens to:
1) Suicide EVO and two-step the fluff out of us
2) threatens to kill evo/never let us net
3) threatens to break our pact

[13:32] IvanWAR: im not paranoid
[13:32] IvanWAR: lol
[13:32] IvanWAR: im sure these suiciders are RD/NA
[13:32] anoniem: and threatening to suicide evo
[13:32] IvanWAR: I'll threaten with whatever the hell i want to
[13:32] IvanWAR: and one way or another you will learn to respect other tags land
[13:35]anoniem: go on suicide us all u want
[13:36] IvanWAR: stop being a fluffing 5 year old
[13:36] IvanWAR: ok then we will
[13:36] anoniem: so you're going to suicide us
[13:36] anoniem: LOL
[13:36] IvanWAR: go fluff kj now
[13:36] anoniem: what a crybaby hyprocrite
[13:36] IvanWAR: im going to 2 step the fluff out of you

So it makes me wonder. All the animosity towards SoL over the past year, but who consistenly threatens to kill EVO and any other netting alliance they feel like? Who threatened to FS people after choosing them out of a hat if they didn't agree to a friendly war? Who gets their friendly war and then complains about the numbers? Who then threatened not to fulfil the friendly war UNAP pact cos EVO "recruited" too many members? Who is led by Ivan? Who detagged from SoF and tagged m0m0 just so they could break a UNAP agreement with EVO in the past?

Edited By: anoniem on Aug 15th 2011, 12:48:15
See Original Post
re(ally)tired

BattleKJ Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 12:43:28

But anoniem, I am confused Sir. If SoF support suiciders then surely they are welcoming these suicides on them with open arms?

anoniem Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 12:49:54

That's logical thinking KJ; however I'm not sure Ivan's cognitive processes work in that way.

E.g.
Untagged suicider farms SoF.
SoF blame suiciders on NA/RD.
SoF then threaten to suicide EVO, because Evo "two-stepped" land.

Anyway, I'm not sure Ivan knows what he's saying half the time anyway.
re(ally)tired

BattleKJ Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 12:54:13

Wow anoniem, thats some good detective work! Maybe LaF, MD and LCN all FSed the wrong alliance! Sounds to me like SoF are also big horrible bullies, but unlike SOL they seem to do their bullying with words rather than actions!

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 13:11:08

Why does this thread still exist?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 15th 2011, 13:20:09

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Why does this thread still exist?

It's a place for Evo FAs to practice their craft!

But ya... a new thread likely would have made more sense :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 13:21:20

In that case, I think I'd make an excellent FA for Evo.

toma Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 13:23:14

I'm kinda tempted to suicide sof just to see fluff blow up :P
Originally posted by Slagpit:
Ruining peoples fun for no reason is okay, but ruining it for a reason I disagree with isn't okay. Never change, community.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 13:24:31

Toma: make sure you give us your country number first. Wouldn't want any ambiguity to muddle this "situation" any further than it already is...

M m i x X Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 13:32:17

@Ivan you made my day! :D
-=(M m i x X)=-

Erian Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 13:40:49

why u no war?

Chadius Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 16:49:26

IvanWAR: im sure these suiciders are RD/NA

Ivan, really? lol
LAF

Ruthie

Aug 15th 2011, 17:20:57

13:32] IvanWAR: im sure these suiciders are RD/NA

random, baseless accusations for the win!

retard

no wonder people hate you enough to suicide your tag
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

MR BUTTMAN

Aug 15th 2011, 17:21:57

haha

hanlong Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 18:35:27

Originally posted by BattleKJ:
But anoniem, I am confused Sir. If SoF support suiciders then surely they are welcoming these suicides on them with open arms?

Sir?

is anoniem a knight in the UK?
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

grimjoww Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 18:47:09

interesting discussion!

toma Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 18:55:53

sure NukeEvil. How else could you farm me during/afterwards.
Ruining peoples fun for no reason is okay, but ruining it for a reason I disagree with isn't okay. Never change, community.

Ivan Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 19:33:32

lol@ruthie ive held your back plenty in the past when you've been discussing politics publically but this case you actually have no idea what your talking about

As for toma, i know you've suicided on sof in the past and blame all the bad things happening to the alliance you used to run on us so thats fine

As for the friendly war, it was planned between 4 tags numbers was decided on and evo for some reason fluffed the agreement and doubled in size so yeah your lucky i havnt rolled you over for that YET just like everything else if anything your doing nothing to make the situation better but that will be your bed to sleep in

:)

toma Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 19:44:07

ivan i've never suicided sof so fluff up.

anoniem Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 19:45:44

does anybody in sof actually listen to you? ofc, i'm not accounting for your bf stroker.

maybe if you could have held on to rage then the numbers would have been even, but i guess they didn't like being told what to do by a moron.

also PLEASE post a log where amount of members were agreed upon? I implore you to PLEASE PLEASE post that here.

oh wait - you're talking out of your arse AGAIN.
re(ally)tired

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 19:57:38

post test...

Interesting. If I make a post on an empty thread page, it's like the post never happened. Awesome.

I could be calling ppl all sorts of names, and nobody would even know...

archaic Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 20:14:22

Just for the record, if I was not happily in a good home - I'd probably suicide SoF every set. I think if you guys start digging for possible suspects, you will find about 778 potential candidates that would like to suicide you guys.

There are currently 830 countries in the Alliance server.
Sof = 52 members

Yeah Ivan, you guys are that loved.

And for the record, way to resurrect a fossilized thread.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Ivan Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 20:19:42

Im sure your own VP could provide you with that log anoniem, if he doesnt i definately can

and since your talking about a meeting which you didnt attend, id be quiet untill ive the read the log

talk bout speaking out of your arse, and how evo lets you do FA for them is a miracle

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 20:20:49

Why SoF lets you speak on AT as their leader just has to be a violation of some law of physics or something...

Ivan Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 20:23:28

What have i done wrong? publically said that if people continue to suicide on us we will do it back? boohoo yeah thats very bad

SOO BAD! im the devil! i got no issues at all 2 stepping people who 2 steps me so what actually is the problem nukevil?

or that i suspect that its RD/NAs countries? hardly the first time someone sends suiciders on a tag before they FS it? or? and yes i do expect to get FSed by them

Anything else?

Ivan Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 20:25:14

or is the difference that I actually speak for a tag while Nukevil and Anoniem actually speaks of things they have no idea of? because they werent high enough rank to attend those meetings?

food for thought

etc

fluff!

I thought you were better at trolling nuk, but you must be getting old

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 20:28:06

I'm not totally sure on this, but I believe the problem stems from the fact that you keep telling us that you intend to suicide on us. Normally, the alliances whose leaders constantly threaten this sort of thing don't tend to last very long on this server, as it not only puts a bad reputation on said alliances that they let spoiled brats lead them into the ground, but it also has the curious effect of making the server environment less hospitable for said alliances.

If you're having such a problem with people suiciding on you, then suicide on the people that are suiciding on you--not the people looking at the news and farming the suiciders to minimize the damage the suiciders can do to their alliances.