Verified:

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2011, 0:17:12

As you may be aware, the new class of second class citizens are the smokers. You know, you can't even go to an outdoor restaurant and smoke anymore. WTFO?

The worst of the haters are the former (reformed) smokers.

You people need to get off your hugh horses and just STFU. If I want to poison my lungs and I'm outside, you need to just step away, or at least go up wind or something without rolling your eyes and giving me attitude which I really don't need.

If I quit smoking all by myslf, then I'd be wary of being a jerk around me until the cravings are gone, otherwise, I'm not going to be responsible for what happens next. So, in conclusion, I have a rock solid health care plan for you.

Just STFU and step off and you won't wind up in three hospitals.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

mrford Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 0:57:40

you sound like an asshole smoker, the worst kind

when i was a smoker, i was considerate, and didnt smoke around small children and puppies
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Detmer Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 1:13:27

Originally posted by mrford:
you sound like an asshole smoker, the worst kind

when i was a smoker, i was considerate, and didnt smoke around small children and puppies

This.

Why don't you be considerate and rather than poison everyone around you because you are too weak minded to break the addiction, YOU step away. Inconveniencing crowds for a single person's laziness is somewhat en vogue I suppose... or is that phase of teenage reactionism outmoded now? I never thought you were that type Cerb.

Dragonlance Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 1:27:40

yeah, if people deliberatly smoke around others they should be charged with assault, of the lungs.

:p *pokes cerb*

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 7:08:40

why ain't all the baby boomers dropped dead yet? how much smoke were they exposed to?
please remember to keep your kids from roasting marshmellows in the campfire. wood smoke causes cancer.
oh, and you'll probably want to stay away from firework displays also.

y'all have fun now, ya hear.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

mrford Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 10:27:35

outside of QM, you have got to be one of the dumbest people i have ever encountered.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Aug 12th 2011, 12:02:23

LOL, care to tell me anymore lies?

caffeineaddict Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 13:12:54

I'm guessing, but perhaps the baby boomers didn't sit on their fat asses as much as what today's kids do and actually got out there and exercised.

Today's kids do so little exercise and stay glued to their ps3/xbox/wii/tv that they're continually breathing the same stale, stinky smoke-ridden air all the time. This continued exposure coupled with lack of outdoor exercise probably, and this is just me guessing, means that they may be affected more than the baby boomers were.

Terror Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 14:55:53

My parents are baby boomers. They figured out that it was bad and quit. Even 50 years ago they knew smoking was probably bad, but not as bad as it is known to be now, and it was far more socially accepted.

Now, smoking has very low social acceptance, it's known to cause serious health problems, it's really expensive, it tastes like crap both for you and heaven forbid a person that wants to kiss you, and it's dirty. With all that going for it, there are still teenagers who have to smoke in the restroom next to my classroom because they can't make it though a whole school day without a cigarette?

Why do people even start smoking anymore? If you are doing it because your retarded friends wanted to be rebels and you want to be a rebel with them, then you are a weak-minded fool.

Still, since I teach science along with my math, it's handy if I happen to need a lighter to just ask one of the smokers. They know they aren't supposed to even have the paraphernalia of smoking, but if it suits my needs, I break some rules too by being decent enough not to confiscate the lighter I just borrowed. The difference is I am not causing myself serious harm just to break rules.

Aug 12th 2011, 17:02:15

meh, once parents admit that they lied about Santa Claus, kids just don't trust them anymore. hmm, let me think, parent sez Santa Claus is real, the sez Santa Claus isn't real. Parent sez tobacco is bad, tobacco must be good. you're basically just a bunch of liars, so how is it possible to determine the truth.

Terror Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 19:20:52

But I do believe in Santa Claus--in exactly the same way I believe in Jesus Christ.

braden Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 12:00:20

you believe santa claus was a jew who got sent to his death two thousand years ago to die for our sins?

i thought he was up north :(

Dragonlance Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 13:30:13

yeah i don't actually care that much, i just love poking smokers they get so fired up... hahah... over nothing.

Grendel Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 13:43:24

Smoker = Leper of the 21st cetury.

How long before they make smokers carry bells so everyone knows they are coming??

Dragonlance Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 13:49:52

hopefully soon so we can all mock them.

Though usually the smell gives them away from 50m away anyway

braden Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 16:03:35

that is a lie.

if you don't want to smoke it, light it and stand there, and look at people a hundred and fifty feet away, watch to see if they have the faintest idea you are so much alive on this planet.

if you don't like smoking, don't make up lies to make your argument.

Terror Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 3:42:56

Would it be honest to want smokers to develop cancer and die within a day of starting their smoking habit to give people clear warning that it kills?

My chain smoking uncle died yesterday of throat cancer. Believe me, I noticed. If smoking killed more quickly, he might have made the better choice to avoid it.

But yeah, we the non-smokers do notice--unless you live a life where no one loves you. I really hope that is not the case. Love yourself and love your family and friends. You will all be a bit happier if you live a little longer.

Dragonlance Game profile

Aug 16th 2011, 6:56:02

there is no benefit to smoking.

you only like it because you are addicted.

Dragonlance Game profile

Aug 16th 2011, 6:56:23

it's like my daily caffeine fix and weekend alcohol fix.

braden Game profile

Aug 16th 2011, 14:11:07

would it be honest to say i want non smokers to develop cancer and die within a day of not smoking? living your life healthy results in death, YOU LIVED ALL WRONG!

You didn't notice the smell from a hundred and fifty feet away while standing outside, you noticed because you lived your life with/around him and you were aware of it. That wasn't my point at all, maybe next time..

it keeps my weight and stress down. as far as health goes, i try to not walk beside cars (killing me, yourself and the fluffing planet, as opposed to barely killing myself or you while smoking) and i don't eat red meat.

Both people who eat red meat and drive cars, Id love to see how they react if they ever got dealth with like smokers do. (red meat doesn't affect anybody else, driving does and some people claim smoking does.. people smell bad, get used to it or ride public transportation more often, smell isn't deadly)

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 16th 2011, 23:29:03

I'm also addicted to Bacon then. If my doctor ever tells me that I have to give up Bacon so I can live a few extra years at the end of my life, I'm going to tell him to take a Flying fluff at a rolling donut. I would NOT be willing to give up Bacon for even ten years of added life at the end of my life. By then, I'm almost spent anyway, what's the use of dragging it out.

Like Sam kinison said, "When it hurts to pee, just DIE!!!!"
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Terror Game profile

Aug 17th 2011, 2:51:05

If I develop heart disease for eating red meat, I'd say it's fair that i might pay more for my corresponding medical treatments. So should smokers for the same reason. They set themselves up for bad health.

As for the regulations against smokers in commercial settings, I think that's fascist. A private business should be able to set the rules for their property any way they want. No one forces you to go there.

On the other hand, I may be forced into a courthouse. Most people don't like smoking so most state facilities don't allow it. It's not like you are missing not being able to smoke in court or any other government building.

Laws are not always fair though, and they definitely don't always make sense. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and deal with it. The world is what it is--not as you would have it.

braden Game profile

Aug 17th 2011, 13:27:15

"If I develop heart disease for eating red meat, I'd say it's fair that i might pay more for my corresponding medical treatments. So should smokers for the same reason. They set themselves up for bad health."

67% of a pack of cigarettes is tax, in canada. ontario, at least. of that, i'd guess a great deal of that is sent directly to health care. So hate me for smoking and then when you break your ankle and the doctor at the hospital fixes it for you, and you don't owe them six thousand dollars, you can thank me and strike a match for me.

Mapleson Game profile

Aug 17th 2011, 22:57:36

Unfortunately, in Ontario the majority of cigarettes now sold come from Native reserves, tax-free. I don't know what a carton goes for nowadays, but the tax is 12.35¢ per cigarette or $24.70 per carton of 200 cigarettes, 40% of $61.75.

Any carcinogen exposure builds up after the level of the body's ability to self-repair is exceeded. Char, smoke, benzene - it doesn't matter if it's from tobacco, gasoline, or marijuana - all have a deterious effect on the body over the long term.

If you are serious about tobacco use, have you tried an e-cigarette or vaporizer? They allow the tobacco to subliminate instead of burning, reducing the negative side effects while delivering flavour and nicoteen.

Terror Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 5:13:52

I don't hate you for smoking braden except that kissing you would taste nasty, but I have endured it before.

Your cigarettes can go with any other drug. At your house feel free to do it your way. I still maintain that a restaurant or bar that wants to invite you and your habit should be welcome to do so, and it is certainly my right to not go there.

Smoking sections are a joke though. A smoking section in a restaurant is like a peeing section in a pool.

MrBlackNBlue

Aug 19th 2011, 1:48:30

restaurant owners don't have the right to exercise their freedom about that matter though. they're kinda stuck with whatever the WHO decides is best for everybody.

a smoking section in a restaurant should be segregated from the non-smoking section. and btw, the kids probably don't care where they pee as long as it doesn't interfer with their glue sniffing addictions.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.
Hmm, I can't post due to an IP Ban. Neato.

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Aug 27th 2011, 3:33:02

Actually, restaurant owners do have that option, in some places, MB&B. At least in Atlanta, if you choose to not allow people under 18, you can allow smoking.

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 27th 2011, 5:07:33

cerb - just move to eastern Europe, nobody gives a damn there - you can smoke in most any restaurant, cafe, toilet, or building you damn well please and nobody will gripe at all.

I smoke of my own accord, and will quit when I want to quit - truth be told, I enjoy smoking and have yet to see any significant impact on my health, although I'm not really a heavy smoker so perhaps that's part of it. My lung capacity is above average, I don't have a smoker's cough, and I can run as far as you'd expect a non-conditioned person in my general health to be able to run. My teeth are a little yellow, but they probably would be from all the coffee I drink anyways. I've successfully quit 2x for more than 2 years at a time, but as I said I actually enjoy smoking most of the time and don't see any reason not to as long as it's not impacting my health.

With that said, I don't smoke around my family at all. If the kids are outside, I walk down the street, if we're in the car I wait for a smoke. It's one thing for me to smoke of my own accord, but it's completely another to expose my family to it when they don't want anything to do with it.

I do completely agree with giving the owner of an establishment the ability to choose whether or not they want to provide a smoke free area. Regulating something like that is just silly.

Edited By: NOW3P on Aug 27th 2011, 5:09:55
See Original Post

Forgotten

Aug 29th 2011, 1:15:12

if anyone tries to smoke in my restaurant i'd kick his ass and claim self defense.

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Aug 29th 2011, 17:05:21

does your restaurant have a name? not that it really matters, i won't be sitting down in a restaurant, bar or commercial airplane ever. y'all are lunatics.

Edited By: Dibs Ludicrous on Aug 29th 2011, 17:16:18
See Original Post

Terror Game profile

Aug 30th 2011, 10:08:29

When you consider yourself to be the only sane person, you might consider the simpler explanation that the other people are normal and you are the one with issues.

Aug 30th 2011, 11:08:31

lol, i know i'm a bit looney. your assumption is incorrect. i'm not the one who thinks he's any saner than the next person.

braden Game profile

Aug 30th 2011, 11:17:26

when you find yourself on the side of the majority its time to pause and reflect.

i also like clothes make the man, a naked person has little influence on society but it doesn't really relate to this, terror :(

trumper Game profile

Aug 30th 2011, 13:03:38

Everyone has their vices and so long as they keep them to themselves/aka don't effect my life, I don't care.

One of my vices is cigar smoking. I realize the risks and I choose to partake. But that's my decision. I don't blow the smoke in other people's faces and if they say they're asthmatic or it really bothers them then I'll walk around the block.

Terror Game profile

Aug 30th 2011, 23:51:55

Yeah, I'm not sure why you are referencing me with naked people braden. It's true I don't happen to like clothing very much and choice of clothing or lack thereof is definitely one of the things I choose for my own home.

I suppose there are some parallels between smokers and nudists. Once again I would think it's fine for private businesses such as restaurants to allow nudity if that's what their customers want--just like smoking. And once again, nudity should be banned from public places since most people find it unacceptable. Do it at home if you want.

Alas the way I think things should be are frequently not as they are. We just need to be realistic about things we have little or no power to change.

Sauron NBK Game profile

Aug 31st 2011, 0:29:44

Originally posted by mrford:
outside of QM, you have got to be one of the dumbest people i have ever encountered.

I'm guessing QM is a genius compared to the likes of you, not to mention an all around better person.

mrford Game profile

Aug 31st 2011, 1:17:44

that would be a very bad guess. QM is a retard that has taken way too much acid in his lifetime to form a coherent thought these days. it is very touching his crazy fan club however.

i on the other hand didnt play this game for the fan club. and it almost hurts, you assuming that a drugged out 70s has been has any chance at being considered a genius even compared to a 5 year old, much less me.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Mapleson Game profile

Aug 31st 2011, 2:12:47

Dibs isn't stupid, he's just trolling like dagga.

Don't feed the trolls.

braden Game profile

Aug 31st 2011, 11:18:06

mark twain said it, i just copied him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg1AhlnDeFo
(don't you hate pants?)

trumper Game profile

Aug 31st 2011, 15:14:13

I do my best to keep my cigar smoke away from other people even if it means standing on a cold windy corner or far off from the action. With that said, all the secondhand smoke mumbo jumbo is ridiculous unless i'm smoking it literally in your face.

I don't particularly care if other folks don't like smoking unless I get to point out their vices--drinking/gambling/gorging on food/etc and complain equally when they do it in near me.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 6th 2011, 0:04:13

I don't smoke but I will defend anyone's right to smoke. Free will.

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2011, 0:32:54

free will is the dumbest argument of all time.

i smoked for 7 years before i quit, so im not talking outta my ass here. but backing up your argument with free will? lol. its free will until it infringes on the rights of others. thats why murder, theft, rape, and other fluff is illegal. if free will was rule we would be calling this anarchy.

now that the health risks of smoking are becoming apparent and the effects (the extent is in debate but no one can sit there and say that 2nd hand smoke is a good thing) are comming into focus, they are moving to regulate it. you dont have free will to drink wherever and whenever you want, you dont for smoking either.

when i was smoking i would walk away from crowds of non smokers to indulge myself and i never smoked in pure restaurants even when there was a smoking section.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 6th 2011, 0:45:58

And under free speech you cannot shout out 'fire' in a crowded theater. That does not mean there is no such thing as free speech.

You were a courteous smoker which a person should be. That does not mean that a person should not have the ability to kill himself by smoking and cancer, if they choose.

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2011, 1:02:05

you cant quantify "free will" which is what you are trying to do.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 6th 2011, 1:08:47

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

boring

Edited By: smegma on Sep 6th 2011, 2:35:55
See Original Post

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2011, 1:41:16

1. did you really have tyo break the tables? pretty lame

2. thats a very effective argument you just posted. you have some impressive skills
Swagger of a Chupacabra

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 6th 2011, 1:54:09

it's my free will. i choose not to join a debating society.

:shrugs:

Terror Game profile

Sep 6th 2011, 2:34:15

Do us a favor smegma and remove some z's from your post since that is the one that blew out the formatting.

Courteous bulletin board users are also cool.

Thanks.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 6th 2011, 2:36:30

sorry my head must have hit the keyboard

VegetaAFH Game profile

Sep 6th 2011, 16:45:31

non smokers should stay away from smokers. not force smokers to leave, restaurants should choose for themselves who they want to please. nyc is the worst wen it comes to smoking, u get ticketed on the beach in the park on the boardwalk, soon itll be that u can only smoke on private outdoor property, GAR@liberals!