galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 19th 2011, 19:26:17

That is easy.
KJ is the greatest white northern english netgainer
It's always on IRC. So it's true.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

TAN Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 19:28:43

Well, worst netgainer past-present-ever is easy. Me.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

elvesrus

Jul 19th 2011, 19:32:54

confirmed. TAN couldn't net his way out of a paper bag
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

mrford Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 19:35:26

STFU TAN

YOU ARE THE TARDED
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

locket Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 19:59:01

I'm the 2nd best ever

ZIP Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 20:08:50

^ at phailing
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

locket Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 20:18:50

lies :P

Rockman Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 20:28:33

Originally posted by elvesrus:
confirmed. TAN couldn't net his way out of a paper bag

unconfirmed. TAN has never been in a paper bag, so this rumor is unsubstantiated.

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Jul 19th 2011, 20:31:25

so you're saying that TAN can't net his way *into* a paper bag?

Jofel Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 21:00:02

Dman from LCN but he stopped playing 8 years ago I think. If not longer...

And Deak, Russ and Waser (also played in MD for years) from The Monsters who all stopped playing a long time ago as well.

Current ones? No clue and I won't list current Monsters due to my affilliation... :-)
Join The Monsters in their struggle for peace, love and understanding:
http://www.boxcarhosting.net

Jofel Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 21:01:07

PS I am amazed that I could remember those names! Did take some crunching to remember Dman and Waser exact names... :-)

Viva la memory! :-)
Join The Monsters in their struggle for peace, love and understanding:
http://www.boxcarhosting.net

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 19th 2011, 21:01:54

7th Heaven was the best I knew of.

Patty isn't shabby at all either.

Cerberus of the MI
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Riddler Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 21:18:47

the world may never know

Mr.Silver

Jul 19th 2011, 21:26:51

really old...
Corfu, 7th, Dal

pretty old...
Ronnie, TechNo, Buscuit, ACCI, Mireko

Medium old...
don't know wasn't playing

now? ...
Highrock seem's most consistant since I've come back.

Edited By: Mr.Silver on Jul 19th 2011, 21:30:12
See Original Post

BobbyATA Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 22:28:58

jackwong

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 19th 2011, 22:30:03

heh we had a lot of good netters in RED back in the day... fro... federalist... cichlid

asdf's always been really good, though he always seemed to prefer Commie Indy

then there's shoagie of course with his CI, but his netting style was... different... and causes problems on occasion... heh
Finally did the signature thing.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 22:35:24

http://alliance.www.earthempires.com/leaderboards?type=13

Sadly this leaderboard tells me LT is the best netgainer in all the land:)

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 19th 2011, 22:40:08

Finally did the signature thing.

hanlong Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 22:53:40

cm aqua and nof
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 22:55:20

The best currently playing and trying somewhat are bakku, hanlong, solidsnake, highrock and myself.

Eugene tries for half of the set/finishes t10ish, but in the first half looks like he could win lol.

BattleKJ Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 23:02:39

Noting the lack of Evo netgainers in Lord Tarnava's post, despite the fact that both of the alliances his so called best netgainers are in are not fit to hold a candle to Evo.

hanlong Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 23:13:01

waser was really good too (echoing what jofel said).

from the historical days acci and ronnie were godly (echoing what silver said).

and also echoing what silver said. 7th heaven was the first famous great netgainer.

i think the most consistent netgainers in terms of t10 finishes lately (aka EE days) are highrock, LT (also most consistent in failing his destock), and phx (he had 4 top 10s with LaF in the first 6 ee resets before retiring, that's pretty damn consistent if you ask me), alicia during the early EE days was also a consistent t10 finisher, but she hasn't done much lately (cuz she turned lazy :P) florian seems to be consistently putting up t10 finishes also. osso seems like another guy who's always up there from what i see, as well as lenshark (plus the fact that i'm pretty sure they will both finish t10 again this reset confirms that fact)

bakku came back for 2 resets and placed t10 in both so far (and won last reset) so he's definitely up and coming (as well as having historical t10 finishes from the 90s and early 2000s)

there's only so many resets in EE so far and look at this:

http://alliance.www.earthempires.com/leaderboards?type=3

i'd say any of the multi t10ers are not too shabby.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Brink Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 23:15:10

In the environment at the time, 7th was untouchable at what he did in tourney. There was no one better.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jul 19th 2011, 23:19:30

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
http://alliance.www.earthempires.com/leaderboards?type=13

Sadly this leaderboard tells me LT is the best netgainer in all the land:)

I know that at least one of his three finishes was basically with free land so he probably doesn't count
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

hanlong Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 23:22:26

there's also some decent netgainers from war alliances that i'm sure they netted more would be mentioned but they war too much to consistently place on top.

people like oats, damatt, chevs from SoF and asing from SOL...

i know silver has always been a solid netgainer too and placed t10 regularly.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 19th 2011, 23:39:53

real netters don't get FAed into the top ten, fed land, or any of the other bullfluff that's been going on

Jul 19th 2011, 23:42:40

Evo doesn't have a single active player that could be argued as 'best'

Pontius, I got some free land eos one set. I could have retalled my alliance mates back and finished the same considering I had been top fed for over 7k a few days prior, like highrock did, however I didn't consider THAT legit. When others still insisted on harping on me, that's when I took the free land. The other two sets nothing like that occured.

If we want to argue like that highrocks top legit country wasn't legit, as land was taken from other omegans when they retalled hits made on highrocks country.

Jul 19th 2011, 23:43:36

Originally posted by Slagpit:
real netters don't get FAed into the top ten, fed land, or any of the other bullfluff that's been going on

I guess that removes a lot of Evo since you guys like to in tag farm then, slag.

Chadius Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 23:44:46

(Someone mentioned Ronnie lol.) Diez and Afaik? I guess for current people. Bakku prolly too.

Worst- any new person ;)
LAF

SolidSnake Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 23:49:45

I wont comment on this for more than to say, that none of the current crop of netgainers compare favorably to netgainers of years gone by.

And while troll's will post about multies etc, i refer purely to legit netgainers, something which not many top tier players now can claim to be.

Jul 19th 2011, 23:50:31

^I can agree with that

euglaf Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 23:53:03

i like how people compare the netting sets of now to back then. apples vs oranges.

that said, there are also only very few people who have consistently put up t10s in every "era" of netting. those should be considered for "best ever"

to reply to what LT said: i haven't tried since 2004. the fact i can make a t10 country now without trying shows how easy it is.

edit: to add my own 2cents on the best netters i competed with: cm and aqua. any "competition" we had all cheated or were unlegit for various reasons. I don't mention these names because tehy're seen as laf ppl. in fact, aqua didnt put up t10s until he left laf (i think he has 1 in laf vs multiple in other alliances). of course, this is in 2002/2003 when cheating was rampant and making t10 was close to impossible.

if you didn't play perfectly AND get lucky you weren't making t10

Edited By: euglaf on Jul 19th 2011, 23:57:58
See Original Post

braden Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 23:54:04

http://www.earthempires.com/...rvers_leaderboards?type=0

i'm saying afaik (although the glaringly obvious flaw in these rankings is that there is no hope in hell that i'm anywhere near third, so you can't take these too seriously)

although with the solo servers, it does take out (somewhat) the argument of fa and free land. but then i realize not everybody wants to place 18-20mil nw countries once a week (express), so..

(i also didn't take into account you are likely talking about solely alliance server, sorry :P)

Jul 19th 2011, 23:54:58

The fact that hanlong and bakku can come back after years of inactivity and tons of changes and immediately be tank 1 contenders shows how weak the playing field is

BattleKJ Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 0:07:10

wow, you guys are so good, maybe you should play on an individual server, maybe it will better suit you.

ponderer Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 0:11:55

Hombre, Kenneth, Budvar, Eduard
m0m0rific

hanlong Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 0:24:17

actually bakku set the express record in NW and holds the alliance record, so i think he's fine on the individual servers also.

and i forgot about diez (whoever mentioned it thanks for reminding me).

but i also agree with the notion that the competition is much weaker now.

because most of the top guys who play now played back then also (and a lot of them didn't finish on top back then). it's only after those legends retired when they had a shot at the top spots. the people who never finished t10 back then and now are finishing regularly probably aren't up to par to the old netgainers.

there's also a much bigger user base. being top 10 out of 1000 players means you are top 1%, vs top 10 out of 10k players means you are top 0.1%. much harder to do with a larger player base.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 20th 2011, 0:48:44

My statement has nothing to do with tag. Why is LT so desperate to start an argument that he would lose? Go jump rope or something.

Reckless Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 0:50:09

Jumping rope is bad for your knees

hanlong Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 1:01:31

or another way to look at it i'll say it from a personal experience from someone who netted since the 90s to now:

in the 90s and early 2000s there's no way that i would get t10 without trying my ass off. all the t10s i had in that era required full dedication. if you didn't give your all you aren't making t10. even when you give your all you might not make t10 in some resets. and if you got suicided on, then forget about it, you aren't going to sniff the t10. to make top 10 required 3 things: 1) willingless to try your ass off 2) be lucky and not get suicided 3) play flawlessly and choose the right strat for the reset based on the market prices that happened to fall that way.

after 2005, everything changed though. i remember one reset in 2006 i played half-assed (wasn't trying at all) and somehow i was rank 1. then i quit and came back and played again like a few resets later for 1 reset and got rank 1 again... back then such half assed efforts would be t25 or t50 at best. i doubt my skills increased that much (it certainly has improved but i don't ever think back then anyone could get t10 without actually trying to do it)

it hasn't changed in EE, i somehow made rank 4 last reset with a country in a situation that wouldn't have even belonged in t50 in the old days. and i see people getting t10 now with strats that aren't optimal for the reset (for example last reset the tech prices were super strong, back in the old days all the t10 would been techer on a reset like that, as a farmer/casher you wouldn't be getting top spots because you just happened to be unlucky and chose the wrong strat for the reset). the difficulty level certainly has decreased and the smaller player base is obviously the reason why.

but i also don't think you can compare the past to present. i doubt all of those old guys would do well now and vice versa (for example landgrabbing is much much harder now, but stocking was much much harder back then). different skillsets. someone like LT (just picking on him since he's posting here :P) who i would say is decent at landgrabbing but not the strongest in destocking would have a harder time finishing t10 back then compared to now (and he didn't back like the way he's doing now), because the game now is geared towards LT's strength (in the scarcity of land) than his weakness (in how to maximize the land you have). one of those old school players who's horrid at grabbing but really good at squeezing out the land wouldn't do well because he would be too thin to be a contender, while back in the days the easy land masked his problem.

and the guys who's placed top spots in both eras can certainly be in the equation but part of that is because they just had no life and stuck around for this long. i don't necessary think that is something to brag about either =/
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

ponderer Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 1:13:47

Originally posted by hanlong:
or another way to look at it i'll say it from a personal experience from someone who netted since the 90s to now:

in the 90s and early 2000s there's no way that i would get t10 without trying my ass off. all the t10s i had in that era required full dedication. if you didn't give your all you aren't making t10. even when you give your all you might not make t10 in some resets. and if you got suicided on, then forget about it, you aren't going to sniff the t10. to make top 10 required 3 things: 1) willingless to try your ass off 2) be lucky and not get suicided 3) play flawlessly and choose the right strat for the reset based on the market prices that happened to fall that way.

after 2005, everything changed though. i remember one reset in 2006 i played half-assed (wasn't trying at all) and somehow i was rank 1. then i quit and came back and played again like a few resets later for 1 reset and got rank 1 again... back then such half assed efforts would be t25 or t50 at best. i doubt my skills increased that much (it certainly has improved but i don't ever think back then anyone could get t10 without actually trying to do it)

it hasn't changed in EE, i somehow made rank 4 last reset with a country in a situation that wouldn't have even belonged in t50 in the old days. and i see people getting t10 now with strats that aren't optimal for the reset (for example last reset the tech prices were super strong, back in the old days all the t10 would been techer on a reset like that, as a farmer/casher you wouldn't be getting top spots because you just happened to be unlucky and chose the wrong strat for the reset). the difficulty level certainly has decreased and the smaller player base is obviously the reason why.

but i also don't think you can compare the past to present. i doubt all of those old guys would do well now and vice versa (for example landgrabbing is much much harder now, but stocking was much much harder back then). different skillsets. someone like LT (just picking on him since he's posting here :P) who i would say is decent at landgrabbing but not the strongest in destocking would have a harder time finishing t10 back then compared to now (and he didn't back like the way he's doing now), because the game now is geared towards LT's strength (in the scarcity of land) than his weakness (in how to maximize the land you have). one of those old school players who's horrid at grabbing but really good at squeezing out the land wouldn't do well because he would be too thin to be a contender, while back in the days the easy land masked his problem.

and the guys who's placed top spots in both eras can certainly be in the equation but part of that is because they just had no life and stuck around for this long. i don't necessary think that is something to brag about either =/

I'm not an elite player (in either era - I never cracked the top 100 in the old days (I had a couple top 125 finishes), and my best finish here was 45th), but I would imagine orders and constantly updating market status available out of game, in addition to all of the news camping tools would make it easier for the guys who excelled because of shear hard work, and harder on the ones who relied solely on being smarter than everyone else.

Add in the lack of bots to ruin resets and the prevalence of specialized netgaining alliances, and a lot of the luck has been removed from the equation.
m0m0rific

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 20th 2011, 1:15:46

hmm... Rouch (sp?) from Avengers was up there.

My vote goes to nof and cm though.

Soviet Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 1:37:13

Originally posted by hanlong:
there's also some decent netgainers from war alliances that i'm sure they netted more would be mentioned but they war too much to consistently place on top.

people like oats, damatt, chevs from SoF and asing from SOL...

i know silver has always been a solid netgainer too and placed t10 regularly.

+1
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

Mr.Silver

Jul 20th 2011, 1:44:39

As pointed out earlier it's hard to compare time frames as playing style has changed along with many other things.

Now the game is more suited to those that can follow a destocking formula and hit the tech button the most. Or who has the most time they can have internet access to get some grabs just after Country X leaves DR.

Also current players don't have to worry about the multies and suiciders in the same extent.

Hell, in my first 3 years playing I only had one reset I wasn't killed by multies (excluding 3 resets I war'd)

From about 98-2006 you would know before the reset started who your competition was. There were the same few from each alliance every reset. A few times buyouts or crazy multying would knock ppl down a few ranks but it was always the same crowd for most of a decade. Quite often these players would have to hide under false aliases just to finnish a reset without getting killed just for playing.

after that time it looks like H4, Hanlong, and a few others dominated things for the next 4 years.

Ravi Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 1:49:49

I agree with Jofel. Dman from LCN was a netgaining machine but put others before himself.

While others in the top 10 were probably sent FA he refused to accept any and would actually send FA to bottom ranked countries.

PapaSmurf Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 2:00:10

Dece, MM, Felix, Leonides, localboi, SM