Verified:

Junky Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 2:13:19

I AM THE GREATESTEST AT EVERYTHING EARTH!!! don't search.. cause I did the research already :-D
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

locket Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 2:32:41

Considering you are wrong about half the stuff you say slagpit I think you are once again wrong with your comments here ;) go flip another coin

hanlong Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 2:35:08

heh silver i resent being placed in the post 2006 netgainers era :P

all 3 of my 1A victories came in the 2001-2006 time period. i think during that 5 year span every single one of my countries was a t10 contender. a lot of times multies/suiciders get to them, but the ones that made it finished well. but even then, i knew nof/aqua/cm was better than me from LaF alone, plus there was a few others (like waser who was in MD then Saints) who i knew can definitely beat me.

i know silver is from the 1998-2001 era (with guys like ACCI and etc.) and his nostalgic old ass thought it extended to 2001-2006 ;P

i didn't play afterwards until recently ;P but i couldn't touch a candle to the 1998-2001 era guys though.. my best finish during that era was 12.

Edited By: hanlong on Jul 20th 2011, 2:51:03
See Original Post
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

dagga Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 2:42:06

Jackmin
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

hanlong Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 2:45:50

ah jackmin

i remember him ;P

he was godly at getting obscene amounts of land (like 200k) by being a bottomfeeding machine and then cruising to the top.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

highrock Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 2:49:35

just as a comparison, when i played back in MD in the late 1990s-early 2000s, i only made the top 100 twice and my best finish was like in the 30s.
formerly Viola MD

highrock Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 2:50:41

also i second hanlong's assessment. the ones who get the most land now usually beat the ones who maximize their land. probably why i will never finish #1 :(
formerly Viola MD

sky3litez Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 2:58:43

i think i remember jackmin, what clan was he in?

hanlong Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 3:00:41

elitez :P

you should be ashamed carrying sky3litez as your handle and asking where jackmin is from.

jackmin and louis were the bottomfeeding kings of the server.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

hanlong Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 3:04:54

Originally posted by highrock:
also i second hanlong's assessment. the ones who get the most land now usually beat the ones who maximize their land. probably why i will never finish #1 :(

haha at least you are recognized as the one of the best modern day netgainers =)

i'm actually surprised you couldn't break into t10 back in the 90s/early 2000s given your strength.

i never even bothered to get as fat as i do nowadays to place on top because during those days because it was more about how to maximize your land since everyone could get land...

and i thought it would play to your strength highrock.. and now you tell me you only finished in the 30s pfft
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

highrock Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 3:11:26

Originally posted by hanlong:
Originally posted by highrock:

haha at least you are recognized as the one of the best modern day netgainers =)

i'm actually surprised you couldn't break into t10 back in the 90s/early 2000s given your strength.

i never even bothered to get as fat as i do nowadays to place on top because during those days because it was more about how to maximize your land since everyone could get land...

and i thought it would play to your strength highrock.. and now you tell me you only finished in the 30s pfft

i was pretty n00bish back in the day...never bothered to be a great netgainer since MD warred pretty often.
formerly Viola MD

Mr.Silver

Jul 20th 2011, 3:16:38

i know silver is from the 1998-2001 era (with guys like ACCI and etc.) and his nostalgic old ass thought it extended to 2001-2006 ;P

all my finishes were 01-06 too :) jus talot of breaks.

hanlong Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 3:20:56

really? hm

how come the resets i finished on top i dont think u were there with me.

we must have finished different resets in the same time period.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

BobbyATA Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 3:23:29

btw here is the real answer to this question:

http://www.earthempires.com/gameprofile?id=688

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 20th 2011, 3:42:07

Wrong about what? Can you stop dragging the board down with your stupidity?

Thomas Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 3:50:18

I AM THE BEST WAR CHAT LEADER, HEAD OF WAR AND NETGAINER EVER> BOWN DOWN TO MY PENIS

Mr.Silver

Jul 20th 2011, 3:58:12

really? hm

how come the resets i finished on top i dont think u were there with me.

we must have finished different resets in the same time period.

I'm guessing so, I had a few breaks of a year + during that time, that's likely when you were kicking everyone, plus when I played I always hid under a random alias :)

this thread reminds me, ever see Ichitaka or Hao2 around? be fun to drag them back into this game.

sky3litez Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 4:09:16

lol. just making sure we talking about same person :). jackman was way before me. he retired when i joined

Brink Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 4:27:35

In the 90's I could get top 25 by myself with effort, and top 10 with some FA. I was always just outside the top 10 without FA. I remember the first time I made top 10, both Servant and Ravi sent me an FA packet. I didn't know it was even coming. That's the kind of guys they are. They put others before themselves.

I haven't played alliance in EE.

In the 90's I couldn't figure out how to stay in game A in tourney half the time. I got demoted out of game A all the time.

I have been playing tourney in EE, and I make sloppy mistakes right and left. Barely pay attention, and don't really try. Top 10 in game A happens without effort. It's a gimme.

It was much tougher in the 90's than it is now.

I remember Dman, I would pace myself against him. I could out net him early on, but he was beating me as I was on the way out of the game. He was an unselfish player who could have dominated. He often helped others at his own detriment. It was a privilege to play with him.

I believe top 10 is more than doable in the right alliance.

Edited By: Brink on Jul 20th 2011, 4:32:36
See Original Post

locket Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 4:28:15

well... unless the country in question severely messes up there should be a top ten landtrader this set ;) thats just one.

And on topic of the thread. This is just people tooting eachother's horns. I don't suppose any of the people talking about how players used to get 200k land consider how much less land there is now and how that would literally be impossible :P

Dragonlance Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 5:24:26

if team server was 2 months long 200k would be gettable there:p

or if alliance server looked like team server:p

locket Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 6:24:14

locket Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 6:41:09

Oh. Nice landfarm evo. #541

Rockman Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 6:48:21

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
btw here is the real answer to this question:

http://www.earthempires.com/gameprofile?id=688

I agree with Bobby ATA. Afaik is the best.
I'd put Bakku in there at #2, just because Bakku hasn't been playing EE long enough recently.
And I'd put diez in at #3, because he's cool.

For oldtime netters, I'll agree with Hanlong when he credited aqua, nof, and cm.

And I disagree about 200k not being possible. If we permit mutually beneficial landtrading, 200k is possible. The rules permit people growing to 200k, but the political environment does not.

Rockman Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 6:51:30

http://www.earthempires.com/...rvers_leaderboards?type=3

Notice how far ahead afaik is compared to everyone else.
It should be noted, though, that Bakku didn't start playing EE until midway through set 7 on alliance, or in set 67 on express. So he's been playing EE for only about 1/4th of the time that EE has been around, and he's still got all those achievements.

braden Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 7:42:35

however much that i agree that afaik would top my list, on that link there, rockman, i am fifth, and i believe we can *all* agree that i am not..

so, i mean, it is kind of inaccurate if you consider the fact two dozen plus people would wipe the floor with me in a head to head competition.. but the difference in numbers, seventy nine to thirty five, only agrees with what i said earlier, the man is brilliant in his netgaining, and i know this from ingame conversation (i think?) and community stats alone, so again.. :P

Drinks Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 7:57:08

Top 10???

All explore laziness has my vote for best netgainers :P
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Jofel Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 8:29:11

Funny how old Nostra's remember Dman still after he has been gone for so long. That is what counts... :-)
Join The Monsters in their struggle for peace, love and understanding:
http://www.boxcarhosting.net

Marco Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 8:52:11

dman? I think he played in rival for a bit. Think it was him. taught sajanzv how to net and put him in the top 10 his like first set ever playing.

No saj is not my vote for best.

*although with his ego I'm sure he feels he was the best there ever was*

Maybe it was dmac? I forget his name. He's the best I've ever seen. Pro video game player, literally. However he never spent enough of his time playing his own country, too busy teaching noobs in irc, and playing video games

Edited By: Marco on Jul 20th 2011, 8:56:12
See Original Post

anoniem Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 10:11:24

Originally posted by locket:
Oh. Nice landfarm evo. #541

locket you're seriously retarded. it is exremely worrying how much you lack any sort of notable intelligence. you're actually bordering on lord tarnava dumb.

p.s. ofc, it would be laf to start bragging at how good they're at netgaining and then make a comment about evo.

Edited By: anoniem on Jul 20th 2011, 10:15:02
See Original Post
re(ally)tired

Symac

Jul 20th 2011, 10:22:59

The best netgainers were the Foreign Affairs officers of LaF for keeping LaF the definition of netgaining in this game for a decade.

Stopping anti-LaF coalitions, random suiciders, infuriated colors, butthurt former allies that sucked up to keep their pact, "friends" that we never warred for, easily 1000 people who hated us, members grabbing like they were retards, medium sized tags being farmed, disbanded farm land, paying off land owed with your own country, courting spies in other alliances, watching other alliances news to ensure we weren't going to get FSed, answering to claims of illegitimacy, some dirty things long since aired, some things not, siding with the bad guys sometimes, and all of those things while trying to keep the vets playing in LaF.

Vets like some of the names of the best individual netters ever Hao2, Nof, CM, Eug, Aqua, Hanlong, ACCI, Ronnie, Blubb, LT, Bakku, Rockman(but he's lazy;p), SolidSnake, and the list could go on and on.

Ozzite Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 10:35:33

Originally posted by qzjul:
heh we had a lot of good netters in RED back in the day... fro... federalist... cichlid

asdf's always been really good, though he always seemed to prefer Commie Indy

then there's shoagie of course with his CI, but his netting style was... different... and causes problems on occasion... heh

where the fluff is shoagie..get his ass back!

And I am the greatest of all time forealz
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

SolidSnake Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 11:40:06

ichitaka i dont think has been mentioned, while he wasnt active when i played with him, from the outside he seemed to have some serious skills.

dustfp Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 11:48:06

ley from sanct (achan) is up there so far in EE
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

achan Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 12:03:11

w00t

got a mention - considering we have warred most of the sets :)

Dragonlance Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 12:27:28

symac is right about laf fa lol.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2011, 12:35:24

It seems to me that it must be much easier to netgain now, vs then. I know because I've managed to get into the top 200 with a fully war prepped country a couple of times, that never would have happened in the old days. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not disappointed in this. It makes me get a chubby to know that there isn't any country in the game that is out of my reach should a war break out unexpectedly. :)

Cerberus of the MI
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Hawk Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 13:22:26

Deak was the one I knew the most about, and he was all about the details back in the day, tweaking everything in sight, and winning his fair share of sets.

I recall NM Mushroom Cloud as one if his more famous country names.

And Braden's EE link shows me as 13th best in Earth Empires.
Hell no!!
That is way too funny.
To rank relatively high on that list, all you have to be is fairly consistent, and be glad there aren't more players playing, or more old players come back to play.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 14:33:52

btw, maybe because everyone is netting this set (or quasi-netting I should say) t10 is actually looking like its somewhat difficult to make this set.

At least I've put some effort into my country, modulo one week I spent at the beach, and I'm pretty certain I'm not gonna top 10.

Good sign perhaps...

NukEvil Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 14:44:41

I'm definitely going to make top 10 this set...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 20th 2011, 15:26:23

"he best individual netters ever Hao2, Nof, CM, Eug, Aqua, Hanlong, ACCI, Ronnie, Blubb, LT, Bakku, Rockman(but he's lazy;p), SolidSnake, and the list could go on and on. "

At least half of your list was dirtier than News of the world back in the day.
How many clean netters were there really between 1998 and 2005?:P

7th heaven (rob) did so well in the tourney through a combination of game play and making friends with many of the other players so that they would help him out (not saying that was a bad thing to do, just saying that's what he did).
ACCI.. all I can say about him is that we had beers together:p
Aqua was a cow.
Shoagie and netter never belonged together in the same sentence;P
Silver gave me lots of free ice cream!:P

Hombre (from sof) was a solid netter when sof actually netted.

Symac's point about the politicking playing a huge roll is bang on. I was always amused that the old LaF got away with as much as they did thanks to their FA work.

Sadly, in the 90s I was actually able to stay in tourney A about 75% of the time. Once you got to know with and chatted up the regulars there it became easier:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

MR BUTTMAN

Jul 20th 2011, 15:45:34

my butt can net better than your butt

mazooka Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 16:16:05

I was thinking the same thing martian. Psycho has most 1sts in alliance so he = best ever?

Symac

Jul 20th 2011, 16:17:50

Originally posted by martian:

At least half of your list was dirtier than News of the world back in the day.
How many clean netters were there really between 1998 and 2005?:P

The only one I ever dug on was Eug. He was clean, and may very well be one of the cleanest netters to ever play. At least for when I was a head, and that was a particularly dirty time in the game.

I have no doubts though that dirty netgaining was being done, but it simply didn't interfere with what I was doing.

Originally posted by martian:

Symac's point about the politicking playing a huge roll is bang on. I was always amused that the old LaF got away with as much as they did thanks to their FA work.

At one time politics made the alliance, and at least when TOB and I was doing the politic thing very few things were done transparently like these days.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap...

I miss the old ways to some extent.

Patience Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 16:21:27

7th was awesome... ACCI was pretty impressive back in the day, cm and a bunch of the LaF guys were as well (btw, Blubb is getting married!!!!). Ronnie could outnet anyone legitimately - why he chose not to so often is beyond me, but the set he placed 1st in TIE was with me watching him like a hawk and with full access to his country (and mod tools). So I know he did it legitimately. :p

7th, Dece, and cm were the best IMHO though...
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Ruthie

Jul 20th 2011, 16:35:57

Congrats to Blubb!!! Thats a name I havent heard in a long time :(
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 20th 2011, 16:45:40

Originally posted by SolidSnake:
ichitaka i dont think has been mentioned, while he wasnt active when i played with him, from the outside he seemed to have some serious skills.

Ichitaka!
Finally did the signature thing.

hanlong Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 17:21:39

of course ichitaka and hao2 kicked ass.

i was in their division (colombo) in the 90s and ichitaka was my DL and they both routinely kicked my ass. but i was happy he was my first DL because he taught me a lot =) i actually remember being in tourny game A with ichitaka also in the 90s and i tried a few times and could never beat him. i think i topped out at rank 2 one reset but he got 1st so i figured it was just meant to be.

i then moved to genovese in the 2000s and cm/aqua/nof routinely kicked my ass. i was always second tier in LaF until all those guys retired... that's why i keep on driving the point that netgaining is much easier now because the competition is much thinner... and that's from retired LaFfers alone.

we all know of retired RED/Omega/NM/LCN/SoF/TIE/etc./etc. (whatever alliance who housed some great netters) who would've made t10 much harder to get and are not around anymore...

i also forgot about deak of NM also.. good netter too =)

netgaining is much different without those guys...

although evo does have some top netters who definitely put up a good challenge lately.

for example this reset osso was definitely a landgrabbing machine... pretty impressed at his country actually...

Edited By: hanlong on Jul 20th 2011, 17:24:11
See Original Post
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

locket Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 18:07:02

figured it was just regarding our war as I think it says Hanlong.

Edited By: locket on Jul 20th 2011, 18:48:16
See Original Post

hanlong Game profile

Jul 20th 2011, 18:44:36

way to change the subject of this thread locket

what happened to the AT ban post? you forgetting how to read? =/
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia