Verified:

Yheti Game profile

May 7th 2011, 16:44:23

Osama gone? What do you all think?

I read an interesting paper on it once, how the fear of Communists/the Cold War turned into the fear of Terrorists/the war on terror. If we're going to look at the past 50 years, events have escalated in the sense that they begin and end quicker, so if the Cold War took 30 years, then who knows, this war on terror could be over in 5 now with Bin Laden gone.

So yeah, what'll be the media's next morbid fascination? Robots taking over? Alien invasion?

What are all your thoughts?

Lobo Game profile

May 7th 2011, 17:03:02

Hey, you stole my question....guess that is what I get for not reporting it stolen.

And to answer. We in the USA are the bad guy in MANY countries. So I guess we could say we are our own worst enemy.
Not to worry though, our gov has saved N.Korea and other rabbits they have hidden in their hats.

Also, what are thoughts on a true Civil War? Not like the war between the states mind you. But the people actually standing up for a change? It has gone both ways as far as making things 'better' in past history around the world.
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

braden Game profile

May 7th 2011, 18:08:51

you mean the war they fought to end racism in america, that war between the states?

if you mean rise up and overthrow the federal government, i'd entertain the idea ;)

Sifos Game profile

May 7th 2011, 18:37:25

The next big fear will come from...

Wait for it...

Just a little more...

Mommies starting to randomly spank everyone like they're their babies! OH THE HORRORS!
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2011, 18:51:27

war on piracy

or

war on drugs

perhaps even a war on pirate drugs with south africa and all those evil countries that refuse to pay for aids medication and so on

CaptainTenacious Game profile

May 7th 2011, 18:55:05

go back to the beginning and fight the british monarchy
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 7th 2011, 18:56:29

osama dead != terrorism gone

communism wasn't personified by one person either...
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Junky Game profile

May 7th 2011, 19:43:02

the new threat will be an old one...... Illegal imigrants and their affect on the world.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Mr Charcoal Game profile

May 7th 2011, 20:17:41

friendly war between Canada and the US.

Canada loses because they didn't stock bushels.
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

iXenomorph Game profile

May 8th 2011, 0:01:34

imag
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

Junky Game profile

May 8th 2011, 0:58:34

the new world target.... Men everywhere, relentlessly pursueing women to reproduce... and or gay people... threatening Religious sanity... after conquering the Muslim world that is.

edit: Notice I said gay people... not lesbians :-P

Evolution Game profile

May 8th 2011, 2:43:59

Osama was an old man, the terrorist networks still exist.

Though looking at some of the tv ads in America, seems China is the new enemy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTSQozWP-rM

Seems a bit teapartish
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Evolution Game profile

May 8th 2011, 2:47:47

Originally posted by Junky:
the new threat will be an old one...... Illegal imigrants and their affect on the world.

Australian governments new plan:

We let in 4000 illegal imigrants, but send away a random 800 illegal imigrants. That'll stop em.

So as an illegal imigrant you have a 16% (800/4800) chance of being sent away, I don't think that will stop anyone. Actually it should encourage people as they have a 84% chance of success.

Its the dumbest idea i've ever seen. Unfortunately the current Australian imigration minister is dumb.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Junky Game profile

May 8th 2011, 3:01:52

you are illegal... as punishment... I want you to invite 500 more illegal imigrants.

Drow Game profile

May 8th 2011, 12:38:03

I have no issue with refugees trying to enter. my problem lies with the ones who don't like the way it works if you try to enter the country illegally, and start burning fluff down etc because they've been told they can't stay because they're not actually refugees.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 8th 2011, 21:51:42

i'm pretty sure that most of the people on this planet have a discreet and almost illogical fear of the bidet. i don't think that they will ever become comfortable with using it, and it'll result in mass riots when we run out of toilet-paper trees.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

May 8th 2011, 22:14:02

meh, technically, that Bin Ladle dude is still on the FBI's top 10 most wanted list, even though he's marked as Deceased. how many days does it take for a corpse to drop off the list?

if it wasn't for that Adolf Hitler guy, we'd be able to hunt us up some of them Jewish Mass Murderers, but unfortunately that suiciding bass turd made it unethical to hunt Jews for committing genocide...

Lobo Game profile

May 8th 2011, 23:48:24

Originally posted by braden:
you mean the war they fought to end racism in america, that war between the states?

if you mean rise up and overthrow the federal government, i'd entertain the idea ;)

please do not tell me you are serious.... you have heard of William Wilberforce? (the man behind the start of freedom for all slaves, not just black ones)and you do know the real/beginning reason of said war between the states? *crosses fingers
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

BattleKJ Game profile

May 8th 2011, 23:50:17

Somalian Pirates!

May 9th 2011, 0:27:57

ahh, you mean the people who can only win lawsuits against students who haven't earned a buck yet? heck, just give them a credit card and make them pay interest....

TAN Game profile

May 9th 2011, 0:31:20

The Cold War had little to do with Communism itself, but destroying a superpower so that the USA had sole global hegemony. If Communism was the real reason for the Cold War, then why did the Cold War end?

The convenience about a so-called "war on terror" is that it is amorphous -- it is a war against an idea, not a superpower. And thus, since it is a "war" on an idea, this "war on terror" can be prolonged indefinitely until a more convenient villain arises.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

May 9th 2011, 0:37:52

the cold war ended because the communists got tired of sharing the load. meh, probably something to do with Reagan videotapes being sold on the black market in communist countries and then he actually got elected to be President of the United States. Yippee Ky Yay Mother fluffer.

postman Game profile

May 9th 2011, 1:27:48

revolution ftw!

MrScarlet Game profile

May 9th 2011, 7:57:59

We are heavily involved in both Iraq and Afghanistan and we strategically bomb militants in Pakistan and Libya. We don't need anymore boogeymen to go after the plate is full.

TAN Game profile

May 9th 2011, 9:00:10

We aren't bombing 'militants' in Libya. We are bombing their military -- the one we were sending weapons to not so long ago.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 9th 2011, 17:45:58

China.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Forgotten

May 9th 2011, 20:02:31

wait Yheti is back on this? .. I shouldn't avoid AT this much.

~LaF's Retired Janitor~