Verified:

Apr 18th 2011, 1:40:46

A complete hypothetical, of course. If I suicided on SoF, and people watching the news sees the hits and start grabbing me... SoF will kill/farm the countries who farm the farmer?

Just want to figure this out.

Reckless Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 1:44:34

Policy wise?

Apr 18th 2011, 1:45:42

Yes; there policy reminder confused me. Were they saying that the people who farm a suicider will also be farmed?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 18th 2011, 2:03:06

i thought their policy was that people who are allied to suiciders will be killed too....

not people who watch the news

that's something for sof to work out with FA's from each alliance that hits the country, based on that policy (as I read it :p)

but it's my belief that the only countries which would be killed for grabbing a suicider from the news would be countries in tags that SoF would like to kill anyway :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Apr 18th 2011, 2:13:36

Originally posted by Pang:
i thought their policy was that people who are allied to suiciders will be killed too....

not people who watch the news

that's something for sof to work out with FA's from each alliance that hits the country, based on that policy (as I read it :p)

but it's my belief that the only countries which would be killed for grabbing a suicider from the news would be countries in tags that SoF would like to kill anyway :p

Ah, I must have read it differently.

Thanks for the clarification Pang.

Notorious Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 2:19:53

if you actually took the time to read the thread you would see that its merely a suggestion that i made that sof has said they have been considering adopting as a policy

meanwhile, stop being a fluff and trying to make people quit the game while the other 99% of us are trying to get more people to join
*eats a banana*
Notebook Pusher

Apr 18th 2011, 2:31:13

Originally posted by Notorious:
if you actually took the time to read the thread you would see that its merely a suggestion that i made that sof has said they have been considering adopting as a policy

meanwhile, stop being a fluff and trying to make people quit the game while the other 99% of us are trying to get more people to join

Who said I'm trying to make people quit the game? It was a question regarding their policy.

While it was a suggestion you made, SMz stated on the second page that:

"every country that will grab countries like #215 and #119 after they sucicded SoF , will be crippled killed or farmed.
it will apply ONLY on countries who sucicde us heavly (not countries that do 1 grab or retals)."

If you are unable to see why that was confusing, that's fine. I, however, did find it confusing--and wanted clarification.

So we were all clear, its fine for me to suicide and for BobbyATA to farm me. Right?

diez Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 2:34:18

Originally posted by diez:
Originally posted by SMz:
thats right!

every country that will grab countries like #215 and #119 after they sucicded SoF , will be crippled killed or farmed.
it will apply ONLY on countries who sucicde us heavly (not countries that do 1 grab or retals).

no more 2stepping for you Evo/LaF.

Oh, so you hate "twostepping" but you yourself did it to #675?

awesome.

Suggestion: ignore SMz.

Apr 18th 2011, 2:36:53

Will do diez. Thanks for the answer!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 18th 2011, 2:40:55

ya, just play a country to make yourself the best you can be... not tear down the work of others.

then you don't have to care at all about any policies any alliances adopt re:suiciders
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 2:50:33

here for the bonus!
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

Apr 18th 2011, 2:50:43

ya, just play a country to make yourself the best you can be... not tear down the work of others.

then you don't have to care at all about any policies any alliances adopt re:suiciders

Well, I think the claim that I am trying to run people out of the game is ridiculous. A large alliance was the one who made the claim that they have no qualms in killing all the untags.

SMz Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 2:51:04

and Evo claim they are legit ROFL

diez Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 2:54:54

Originally posted by SMz:
and Evo claim they are legit ROFL

you've no comment on your own proved hypocrisy? quit the false unproved accusations and go fcuk yourself.

Anyway, 119, I don't really approve people to suicide - this time it might be sof, the next time it might be some other alliance. It's uncool.

CeyLonTEa Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 2:56:23

stop hiding behind the fluffy name and fight like a man.

be a man, now, join tag so that at least we have a very good reason to slumpdog the tag!

kthxbai

Apr 18th 2011, 3:01:03

I might next set. I'm sorta just scouting right now.

Jiman Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 3:09:15

Originally posted by CeyLonTEa:
stop hiding behind the fluffy name and fight like a man.

be a man, now, join tag so that at least we have a very good reason to slumpdog the tag!

kthxbai

We already know its BobbyATA, he slipped up in another thread and has attempted to cover it up by saying he made the slip up on purpose as a joke.

If thats true though I wonder what alliance BobbyATA is in atm, and his current country.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 18th 2011, 3:29:09

Originally posted by 119:

Well, I think the claim that I am trying to run people out of the game is ridiculous. A large alliance was the one who made the claim that they have no qualms in killing all the untags.

i'm not talking about running people from the game...

I'm just saying that playing to win is much better for everyone than suiciding.
you know who typically get hurt by suiciders? the half-caring players who have one foot out the door already, and leave their country in a vulnerable spot. it's easy to make your country unattractive to suicider, but it requires more effort than some are willing to put in

if you're suiciding on SoF, you're unlikely to hit Ivan or Chevs or Aponic or someone like that who is going to shrug it off... you're more likely to hit someone you've never interacted with before, and the reaction could be anything

that just fuels the fire which makes this server less fun for all parties (that's how I've always felt, at least...)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Apr 18th 2011, 3:32:37

Originally posted by 119:

i'm not talking about running people from the game...

I'm just saying that playing to win is much better for everyone than suiciding.
you know who typically get hurt by suiciders? the half-caring players who have one foot out the door already, and leave their country in a vulnerable spot.

if you're suiciding on SoF, you're unlikely to hit Ivan or Chevs or Aponic or someone like that who is going to shrug it off... you're more likely to hit someone you've never interacted with before

that just fuels the fire which makes this server less fun for all parties (that's how I've always felt, at least...)

I know. I've had it happen to me and ruin my top 10 finish. I don't plan on suiciding random people. But if SMz is doing well at sets end, I might consider hitting him. =p

Reckless Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 4:04:42

I agree with SoF

Reckless Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 4:43:00

I never cheated. I used to farm countries into the ground. SO you do have a good point. The game isn't dead..just not the same.

Kyatoru Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 4:48:03

____/\__________/\_/\________________________/\__________________
+Kya

dustfp Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 4:55:38

cT_____________________joinSancT__________________________joi
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

Reckless Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 5:00:28

To many Net gainers

Apr 18th 2011, 5:04:53

Scode--this really isn't Bobby.

Notorious Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 6:19:16

I hear all of the people in prison are innocent

I dont really care who you are nor do I recognize the name bobbyata other than as the nick you accidentally posted with earlier

I do care that you are ruining the game for people, probably not even the same people that caused you to start such selfish, childish behavior in the first place

So will you tell us why you have suicided and seem to be interested in continuing to do so?

Also, it was sol not sof that said they were going to kill all of those pesky untaggeds

Edited By: Notorious on Apr 18th 2011, 6:21:53. Reason: smd autocorrect
See Original Post
*eats a banana*
Notebook Pusher

Peanut Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 6:44:25

I wonder how high I could finish next set if I went untagged? Has it ever been tried?

Jiman Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 6:45:49

if i went untagged id go all turret Commie/Indie, all explorer.

Peanut Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 6:51:19

I'd prob go farmer 10-12 days into it. No tech phase and explore hopefully to 10k. Grab all you want, buy tech, and start to stock by day 15/16 or so. I'm sure you could do decent without much trouble, unless you grab ofc.

Scorpion Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 6:56:45

Don't start hypothetical discussions how evil SoF will act if you suicide on us.

We got suicided on this reset and i don't see SoF going overbord killing or crippling innocent. I only see stupid idiots trying to ruin other peoples game by suiciding.

--Scorpion
Survival of the Fittest

Peanut Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 7:11:34

Damn! You guys are too good. 1.2mil avg networth with all this suiciding.

BobbyATA Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 14:04:40

why is an admin telling people how to play the game???

BobbyATA Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 14:06:07

Originally posted by iScode:
PS

How are you bobby? Still cheating, I am guessing you could get away with it with your mate pang running the server...

I'm good but seriously I'm not 119. Apologies to whoever is for this most unwanted association I'm sure. Also I never cheated... How are you?

Apr 18th 2011, 14:11:35

Originally posted by BobbyATA:

I think it is merely a suggestion. I would also think he has a vested interest in trying to keep players around--even those who are untagged.

Just my 2 cents.

Apr 18th 2011, 14:12:22

Originally posted by iScode:
PS

How are you bobby? Still cheating, I am guessing you could get away with it with your mate pang running the server...

I'm good but seriously I'm not 119. Apologies to whoever is for this most unwanted association I'm sure. Also I never cheated... How are you?

Its starting to look suspicious though. How do I know you aren't me?

BobbyATA Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 14:14:30

good point 119, you could be the Mr. Hyde to my Dr. Jekyll... or perhaps it is the other way around=)

Rockman Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 14:17:49

Because it is in the admin's best interest that the people playing this game act in a way that does not drive others to quitting the game.

It is also in our best interest as players, that the player base not decline too rapidly, but people are too selfish to think of that when they suicide on random countries.

BobbyATA Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 14:18:07

Originally posted by Peanut:
I wonder how high I could finish next set if I went untagged? Has it ever been tried?

I finished with 105M for 107th place as an untagged and thats by far the best result I know of. I woudln't say doing much better than that is impossible, but that finish took a whole lot of luck (high tech prices, a couple nice early retals, having Chevs as an ally)

Edited By: BobbyATA on Apr 18th 2011, 17:06:25. Reason: further acknowledgem
See Original Post

Apr 18th 2011, 14:21:33

If we were to use a modern equivalent of Hyde and Jekyll, what would be the best reference?

Chevs

Apr 18th 2011, 16:34:59

I finished with 105M for 107th place as an untagged and thats by far the best result I know of. I woudln't say doing much better than that is impossible, but that finish took a whole lot of luck (high tech prices, a couple nice early retals)

really no shout out? pffft
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Reckless Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 16:35:28

I like Chevs

Loafer Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 16:36:30

I will

BobbyATA Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 17:07:00

fixed Chevs=). And Mr. 119 I'm not sure

Apr 18th 2011, 19:34:56

Hmm. It may be a stretch---but perhaps I can be the Flocke to your Locke.

BobbyATA Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 21:03:09

damn, I've only seen through season 5 of lost. So I'm pretty sure I know who flocke is but not really yet:P

Prodde Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 21:22:57

sueciders are cowards

braden Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 21:45:27

they couldn't possibly hold such a policy, otherwise they themselves would be guilty of it.

lets just hope if they try to force it on others they admit that they themselves are allowed to do it.

same would go for laf and evo.