Verified:

Dragon Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 0:37:51

Have just utterly sucked fluff through a tube.

A week ago this past Saturday, I "sprained" my ankle. Was just walking up the steps. Little twist, little wrench,little pain.

So I go back downstairs and watch a baseball game. After the game was over, I got up to go get a beer from the fridge. That ankle had swollen some and was a little hard to walk on.

I wake up Sunday morning and can't put any weight on it. At all. Well, I've sprained my right ankle prolly 12 times in my life. And not every time, was I able to walk it off. So I figured I'd put an Ace bandage on it for a couple days and it would be all good and fluff.

Couple days go by and it hurts so bad I can't sleep and aspirin ain't doin fluff. Wife says I should prolly go to the Doc and I agreed. We got no crutches. She rounds up a pair the next day and brings them home.

I've never had to use crutches in my whole life. So, I fall off the sons of fluffes trying to get into a chair. Saturday, my wife says she'll take me to the doctor. I fall off them again on the way to the car. 911 gets called and I go to the ER in an ambulance.

Ankle's not sprained. It's broke. Until today, I couldn't stay up off the couch for more than about an hour. Did I mention that my only bathroom is UPSTAIRS?

Now, that might not particularly be a problem except for the fact that I can't get up off the floor on one leg. Bad knee on my good leg. I'll let YOU do the math on how I'm taking care of my "business".

One way is that I haven't ate fluff in 10 days. You see, part of this disaster is the fact that I'm a fat bag of fluff. 328 pounds. With bad knees and not enough upper body strength to suddenly have to be able to lift all that weight with just my arms.

Don't get fat, guys. It's never a big deal until one day, you wake up and you're 50 years old and can't get up off the floor.

I didnt realize how out of shape I am.So I'm dropping weight and when this ankle heals up (6-8 weeks), I'm gonna get back into some kind of reasonable shape.

Being helpless is humiliating especially when you allowed yourself to get that way.

Bsnake Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 0:58:19

holy fluff mate.... bit of bad luck...

try doing water aerobics for a while at ur local pool... takes masive weight of ur knees....less to no impact....

im a skinny mofo 140-150plbs(i think 72kgs) and i have bad knees due to sports injuries and well being a fluff and crashing a scooter, and it sucks hard when they dont work properly...

At least this has given u a wake up call and its not too late to reverse the damage..
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

Twain Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 1:45:21

I understand the feeling, Dragon.

I've constantly fought to get my weight down followed by putting weight back on. I'm not quite at the same level, being at around 225 lbs. myself, but I used to be closer to 185 and just kept finding myself accepting being 190, then 195, then 210, then 220, then I was nearing 240 when I finally decided to start dieting and working out again. I know that's not quite the same level you're facing, but I look at my father and my oldest brother and I'm certain they're both at least approaching 300, if not well over it, and I know I've got the genes to get there quick if I don't make sure it doesn't happen.

While exercise obviously has to wait for awhile, you might want to consider trying the diet part now while you've got 6-8 weeks to get used to eating a bit less before you start working out. That's always the thing I find the most difficult--trying to do both at the same time.

Regardless though, good luck, bud. I know it's a tough battle, but if you can drop some of that weight, everything will feel better.

Bsnake Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 1:55:12

thats where the water aerobics work great for overweight people..... allows you to exercise without the impact on ur body... but yeah diet is the big thing...
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

ZDH Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 5:42:48

I'm 216 lbs but i'm 6'4". I don't work out at all I just don't eat a ton of fluff and if you want to loose some weight real quick stop drinking soda. Just by doing that you will loose weight. Drink alot of water.

As you loose the weight the stress on your knees won't be as bad. My dad had his knees messed up in football he was a nose guard but as he got older he got fat and then one day he decided to loose weight and as he lost weight it got easier for him.
-BigZ

TNTroXxor Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 6:53:48

Thx for sharing Dragon. Get well soon !
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Dragon Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 12:01:41

Originally posted by Twain:
I understand the feeling, Dragon.

While exercise obviously has to wait for awhile, you might want to consider trying the diet part now while you've got 6-8 weeks to get used to eating a bit less before you start working out.

That's exactly what I'm doing. I started the diet the day I broke the ankle. All the pain suppresses the appetite to begin with, so in that way, this has "helped" me.

Bsnake. great idea about the water aerobics.

Makinso Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 15:03:47

Originally posted by Bsnake:

im a skinny mofo 140-150plbs(i think 72kgs)

Skinny bastard. Man up! haha.
90kgs rdy to go here :-P

Anyways sucks man and snakes advise of water aerobics is a pretty good one.

mrford Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 15:54:08

Don't assume that simply not eating is as effective as a solid diet. That is the mistake than many people make. Simply eating healthy and at the right times of day will help you lose far more weight than fasting for a stupid ammount of time then gorging yourself when you can't take it anymore. That only works in the movies!

Really odd that you could break your ankle with such a routine and daily motion. You may have a problem more serious than weight. Make sure the doc looks into that as well. Good luck and here's to a speedy recovery.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Dragon Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 17:08:15

Originally posted by mrford:
Don't assume that simply not eating is as effective as a solid diet. That is the mistake than many people make. Simply eating healthy and at the right times of day will help you lose far more weight than fasting for a stupid ammount of time then gorging yourself when you can't take it anymore. That only works in the movies!

Really odd that you could break your ankle with such a routine and daily motion. You may have a problem more serious than weight. Make sure the doc looks into that as well. Good luck and here's to a speedy recovery.

Trust me. I know I can't simply starve myself until I weigh what I want to weigh. This is just a sort of jump start. I'm taking in maybe 800 calories a day.

When I'm actually able to start exercising, I will. I mean, I'm doing upper body and abdominal stuff now. Going up the steps on your ass is quite the workout.

As far as the ankle itself, I've injured it probably 15 or 20 times in my life since age 11. It's repeatedly been sprained in various ways.

What I need to do is exercises that will strengthen it. My PCP is supposed to get me a referral to see an Ortho for followup on the fracture. I'll be honest I can think of a dozen times I should have gone to an ER to have it looked at. It's just catching up to me now.

SwedishViper Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 18:12:22

Are we playing Biggest Loser or something? :)

Actually pushing only 800 calories per day aint the best way to lose weight mate, i should know. I once weighed 320lbs and went down to my current weight of 198lbs (my height 1,92m or 6 feet 4 inches). Better to eat right and it will slowly go away. Then adding some workout (weights, crosstrainer or whatever) and it will go even faster. Depending on your height you will, without any exercise, consume arount 2000-2200 calories per day. Keeping it at 1500 or so is better than starving yourself at around 800. 7000 calories is = 1kg/2.2lbs by the way (you do the math).

also soda, Light, aint bad for your health (doesnt contain any calories) only for your teeths.
----------------------------------------------------
OVERLORD 4 Life

mrford Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 18:18:47

I don't exactly know how you did that calorie to mass conversion. A calorie is a measurment or energy. 1 calorie is the ammount of energy that it takes to raise 1cc of water 1 degree.

How unused energy is converted to mass in a persons body is unique to that person in their genetics, daily routine, and other factors.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Apr 12th 2011, 18:22:15

1 kg bodyfat is equal to 7000 calories (counted by the average human being)

http://dietmotion.com/...ries-and-weight-loss.html
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/How+Many+Calories+in+a+Pound+of+Body+Weight%3F-a01073930499

Edited By: SwedishViper on Apr 12th 2011, 18:26:55
See Original Post
OVERLORD 4 Life

mrford Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 18:26:36

That link does not answer my question either. That article just throws the number in there without factual backing. It's possible that this is a general base conversion, but it's impossible that that number is accurate for everyone. It doesn't work that way.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Apr 12th 2011, 18:27:14

See second link
OVERLORD 4 Life

Apr 12th 2011, 18:30:40

Like it says in the second link, its a guideline for the average guy/girl to check on (it might differ some calories up or down, but not in the thousands).

I agree that everything cant always be exact, but you have to go by something.
OVERLORD 4 Life

mrford Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 18:34:38

Lol I hope you actually read that 2nd link. It pretty much confirms what I'm saying. 7700 for 1kg is a extremely rough baseline. Also 7700 =/= 7000. in the 2 links you have posted, they have differed in 10%.

Seems like a fairly accurate conersion doesn't it?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 18:39:00

1 kilogram is equal to 7716.17917647 calories, or 2.20462262185 pounds.

That's the most percise number I have found, however slit seems that they just converted the 3500:1 calorie:pound ratio to a calorie:kilo ratio. That and directly below this article was one about the truth of 6-pack abs so it's credability is in question.

All I'm saying is a mass to energy conversion is not a easy one, especially when the variables of the human body are introduced. You have so many different substances with such varying densities and masses that it's virtually impossible to set a accurate baseline. You can work out every day if you are fairly fit and you will gain weight in muscle mass. I put on 10 pounds last year in muscle.

This isn't pounds of coal into BTUs, it's a little more complex, and all these diet websites probably arnt the most reliable.

Edited By: mrford on Apr 12th 2011, 18:54:30
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

KyleCleric Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 19:05:58

the mass unit is a part of the energy unit. it's physics. the questions within the body have more to do with how efficient the body uses energy to perform work. in that case, though, it's still the same amount of calories used.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Apr 12th 2011, 19:10:16

Did you just call me stupid when everyone knows im a God Damn Idiot :)
OVERLORD 4 Life

mrford Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 19:11:59

you really wanna bring E=mc2 into this?

You can't set a baseline cor a mass energy conversion with such a varied density. This is my point, also different people as you said convert the mass to energy more efficiently.

This isn't something that can be accurately calculated then applied to a mass group of people.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Rockman Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 19:18:28

I weighed about 150 pounds when I graduated from college. I've steadily put on about 5 pounds a year since graduating from college. At this rate I will be 300 pounds when I'm 50, so this pattern better stop sometime soon. Thankfully, I'm only 26, so I only weigh about 175 pounds now. I've already got bad knees, and they only have to support 175 pounds. I can't imagine how hard it is for knees to carry around 300 pounds all day.

Dragon - thank you for the warning. I do need constant reminders to get exercise each day, as its easy to let it slide and get out of shape. And sadly, for me, exercise is taking a 10-15 minute walk around my neighborhood (sometimes longer).

Bsnake Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 21:46:19

Maki I'd knock u out....

/me waves E-Penis
<Crippler> 115m NW

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2011, 22:08:50

get yer fluff better Dragon :)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

KyleCleric Game profile

Apr 13th 2011, 8:40:13

You can't set a baseline cor a mass energy conversion with such a varied density. This is my point, also different people as you said convert the mass to energy more efficiently.

This isn't something that can be accurately calculated then applied to a mass group of people.

I'm bringing 1 calorie = 4.184 joules = 4.184 kg*m^2*s^(-2) = 4.184 N*m = 4.184 Pa*m^3 = 4.184 W*s
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

ZDH Game profile

Apr 13th 2011, 12:40:10

Ok all the nerdos argueing over what EXACTLY a calorie is stfu :-P.

If you starve yourself for like 1 day your stomache will shrink don't argue it mrford I don't need to reference everything I say that is a fact. It will take less to make you fill full. So once you have achieved that you can eat less and still be not be starved to death.

"also soda, Light, aint bad for your health (doesnt contain any calories) only for your teeths."

News has been saying light soda is no more healthy then regular soda here. And if your trying to say soada isn't bad for your health your retarded. Or you just got different sodas then we got lol.
-BigZ

Popcom Game profile

Apr 13th 2011, 13:03:01

just get caffeine free, sugar free, 0 calorie water with brown
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Apr 13th 2011, 15:07:35

Yea and hysterical ppl will always believe the news, just because "1" study have shown on 1000 test ppl that something isnt ok :) lol .. Get back to me when like 20-50 studies shows the same thing and then i might believe ya.

Been these scares the last decade, suddenly something is dangerous and a few years later it isnt anymore. For example what is dangerous in Pepsi Max? Not Aspartame (the thing replacing sugar). You can safely drink 4 litres a day (but who does that) . 0 calories in it. Whatelse is there in it that is so dangerous?

http://en.wikipedia.org/...artame_controversy#Intake

Edited By: SwedishViper on Apr 13th 2011, 15:21:55
See Original Post
OVERLORD 4 Life

mrford Game profile

Apr 13th 2011, 16:31:05

Originally posted by KyleCleric:

I'm bringing 1 calorie = 4.184 joules = 4.184 kg*m^2*s^(-2) = 4.184 N*m = 4.184 Pa*m^3 = 4.184 W*s

those are all energy conversions. you might think that that looked good, but did you google that or do you actually understand it? nothing in there is a energy to mass conversion. thats why i brought up the iconic E=mc2.

i havnt taken a thermo class in about 4 years, but i remember it fairly well.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Apr 13th 2011, 16:32:04

Originally posted by ZDH:
Ok all the nerdos argueing over what EXACTLY a calorie is stfu :-P.

If you starve yourself for like 1 day your stomach will shrink don't argue it mrford I don't need to reference everything I say that is a fact. It will take less to make you fill full. So once you have achieved that you can eat less and still be not be starved to death.

"also soda, Light, aint bad for your health (doesnt contain any calories) only for your teeths."

News has been saying light soda is no more healthy then regular soda here. And if your trying to say soada isn't bad for your health your retarded. Or you just got different sodas then we got lol.

no it doesn't, not after one day. not significantly like you are attempting to state. after one day your appetite just goes insane and you gorge yourself making it worse.

yeah, if you are shipwrecked and are malnourished for weeks, then your stomach dies shrink. but not after 1 day. thats fluffing stupid.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Kill4Free Game profile

Apr 13th 2011, 16:44:45

Im with ford on this one, probably take at least a few days.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

mrford Game profile

Apr 13th 2011, 16:44:59

1. Myth or Fact: Digestion takes place primarily in the stomach.

Answer: Myth. The major part of the digestive process takes place in the small intestine. The stomach takes in the food, then churns it and breaks it into tiny particles called "chyme." The chyme are then released in small batches into the small intestine, where most digestion occurs, he says.

Contrary to popular belief, Levy says, foods do not digest in the order they are eaten. "Everything lands in the stomach where it's all churned together, and when it's ready it's released into the small intestines together," he says.
2. Myth or Fact: If you cut down on your food intake, you'll eventually shrink your stomach so you won't be as hungry.

Answer: Myth. Once you are an adult, your stomach pretty much remains the same size -- unless you have surgery to intentionally make it smaller. Eating less won't shrink your stomach, says Moyad, but it can help to reset your "appetite thermostat" so you won't feel as hungry, and it may be easier to stick with your eating plan.
3. Myth or Fact: Thin people have naturally smaller stomachs than people who are heavy.

Answer: Myth. While it may seem hard to believe, the size of the stomach does not correlate with weight or weight control. People who are naturally thin can have the same size or even larger stomachs than people who battle their weight throughout a lifetime. "Weight has nothing to do with the size of the stomach. In fact, even people who have had stomach-reducing surgeries, making their tummy no larger than a walnut, can override the small size and still gain weight," says Levy.

thats from web md, fyi
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ZDH Game profile

Apr 13th 2011, 17:31:43

lol I thought you would go find something on the internet saying I was wrong.

But where I got it from was my aunt who was studying to be an RN...and actually had it in one of her college books she was studying when she told it to me.

I have tryed it though and it worked for me whether web md says it's wrong or not I got full faster and I do it from time to time it always works the same.

"no it doesn't, not after one day. not significantly like you are attempting to state. after one day your appetite just goes insane and you gorge yourself making it worse."

That is true though you will want to eat like a mofo but thats where your will power has to control what you shove into your face hole ;-). .

My girlfriend also saw something on Yahoo front page saying the origin of the name Washington was from Africa...She brought it to my attention because we saw a black guy on TV with the last name Hill (which is my last name) and she was laughing saying I was related to them I had to explain to her how blacks in America got some of their names from slave owners ect...(p.s. my family did not own slaves). But yahoo said that was a myth to...

So mrford maybe you can go search the internet and clear that debate up for us :-P (sorry for off subject)
-BigZ

Dragon Game profile

Apr 13th 2011, 17:45:27

There are far more black Washingtons and Jeffersons in America than white ones.

LeftyHa8er Game profile

Apr 13th 2011, 17:57:39

I vote dragon goes on Biggest Loser and has to have EE stuff on at all times :) and get better!!!!

My dad when from 300+ to 200 in like 3 years just takes hard work and will power both of which i am sure u have!

mrford Game profile

Apr 13th 2011, 18:11:18

i just search the internet for fluff that backs up my points.

i dont simply search the internet for fluff that disagrees with everyone. If i want to make a statement that is contrary to someone elses, i generally wish to provide support for that statement. wouldn't you?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Junky Game profile

Apr 13th 2011, 20:38:18

I wouldn't go below 1200 cals, anything below that kills your metabolism.. even if its almost nil to begin with.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Bsnake Game profile

Apr 13th 2011, 21:48:23

Rico - over here if u speak out about things like this ur branded a rasict

We even have a local council here that is boycotting anything made in Israel,this is an arm of local govt that has zero to do with foreign policy
<Crippler> 115m NW

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Apr 13th 2011, 22:40:07

side note: if you eat little enough, your body goes into an energy-conserving mode and will start converting sugars into fats.

ZDH Game profile

Apr 14th 2011, 5:35:44

i just search the internet for fluff that backs up my points.

i dont simply search the internet for fluff that disagrees with everyone. If i want to make a statement that is contrary to someone elses, i generally wish to provide support for that statement. wouldn't you?

No I don't care enough to :-P.

What you talking about racism for Bsnake...Rico? I am guessing his post got deleted? Speak out about what things? Racism is just black peoples excuse to not get a job. Or if they don't get their way "RACISM". The little stint they did as slaves was no worse then what any other civilization has done to people.

Emperor Nero crusified thousands of Christians

Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Nice fellow by the name of Hittler I think he enflicted a TEENY TINY bit of hardship upon the jews </sarcasm>. Hell and the English where selling them to us so blame them anyway make them give you your reperations....and WELFARE. Thanks alot a-holes.

umm shall I continue...Or do we all get the picture ;-P
-BigZ

ZDH Game profile

Apr 14th 2011, 5:38:47

Back on subject the racism topic irritates me. Not because I hate anyone because of their skin color...it's your crap lazy ass culture that gets on my nerves.

Dragon you could always loose weight the easy way...drink Ex Lax after every meal :-P
-BigZ

Crippler ICD Game profile

Apr 14th 2011, 6:51:58

http://themastercleanse.org/

you should seriously consider trying this, it's tough, but the way you feel after day 4 and on is amazing.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Bsnake Game profile

Apr 14th 2011, 6:58:21

look out crippys trying to flog some scheme again....

my arse has not recovered from the last thing he was selling!!
<Crippler> 115m NW

Crippler ICD Game profile

Apr 14th 2011, 8:38:19

lol

no scheme :P u goto the store and buy lemons :P

read the damn thing or youtube it lol
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Bsnake Game profile

Apr 14th 2011, 9:16:31

bollocks crippy... that itchy arse i have tells me ur full of fluff ;)
<Crippler> 115m NW

ZDH Game profile

Apr 14th 2011, 13:32:28

So basically you drink that crap whenever your hungry and take a laxative in the morning and night???? I don't think thats healthy bro lol.

"Green smoothies are like drinking a glass of healing"

I vote that diet as the gayest diet EVER.
-BigZ

Dragon Game profile

Apr 14th 2011, 16:15:24

Originally posted by ZDH:
Back on subject the racism topic irritates me. Not because I hate anyone because of their skin color...it's your crap lazy ass culture that gets on my nerves.

Dragon you could always loose weight the easy way...drink Ex Lax after every meal :-P

Hmmmm. Idea has merit.

Problem: I can't do stairs and the toilet is on the second floor.

Gravity sucks.

QM Diver Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 19:11:33

Wow Dragon... Sounds like you have lotz of suggestions to field, eh? I'd go for Bsnake's suggestion, at least until you can get back on yer feet..
After spine surgery, I did some time in the pool, (best if it's warm) The best part was you are boyant, and every move you make in the water like it or not causes resistance, so you are actually helping your metabolism do it's thing too. (I guess my metabolism won't let me gain too much, I think I just burn off what ever it is..) Maybe that is something you might consider..
This aquatic physical therapy, also does fluffin things for blood flow, as this is what you need to heal yer ankle. If you have a pool where you live, that is some very good therapy.
This idea of aquatic therapy is especially useful for dudes with arthritis, healing fractured bones, or who are now, chubby. By decreasing the amount of joint stress it is easier and less painful to perform exercises. And the blood flow helps heal. :O)

(from the Lemon juicer cleanser thang!)
Once you feel you can no longer hold out, go to the bathroom. A word of warning while you wait for this moment. DO NOT FART!!! You will most certainly not pass only air .....

This, ^^ is funnier than fluff! Buaa Haa HAAAA!

Whatever you decide to do, good luck, brah!

We will be pullin for you!

QM

Edited By: QM Diver on Apr 15th 2011, 19:18:15
See Original Post
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 15th 2011, 20:50:48

Dragon sorry about your misfortune. I do have a foot for sell :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Bsnake Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 8:49:43

see the snake is wise ;)
<Crippler> 115m NW