Verified:

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 2:49:08

Are you or are you not the head fr that is so committed to his alliance, he ran to omega as soon as they got into a war despite a large numbers advantage, and a prearranged fs date aimed at giving you the maximum advantage possible. Need i say more?

locket Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 2:51:52

Your facts arent straight and since you arent in laf I'd suggest it isn't bright to comment on our pacts considering you are way off base.

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 3:09:39

Evo, let's not feed the trolls...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

locket Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 3:21:31

I believe evo were the trolls in this case considering they started the thread :P Laf was feeding trolls ;)

BattleKJ Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 3:24:37

King LaF Troll SolidSnake has entered the building.

Junky Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 3:33:30

I Apollogize for saying that LaF, the last time I played without them warring... were the Kings of netgaining... in my time playing earth, when Laf wasn't warring, they were taking the Average Networth and sometimes the Total Netwourth #1 Spots, I still hold them in high regaurds when it comes to netting, I don't think anyone can do it better.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Chevs

Feb 14th 2011, 3:44:04

i really dont understand why all the smack talking on AT always centers around EVO to be honest, can someone explain it to me?
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

BattleKJ Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 3:58:42

Myth^

Jelly

Feb 14th 2011, 4:46:51

Time Line

LaF dominates top 10
Other alliances FAs their top country into top 10
LaF starts doing so to cancel the affects, and even it out.

No one talks about it for 10 years.

EVO member loses top 10 spot to a LaF country because of FAing, most of the rest of top 10 was FA'ed/Abused the system through other ways.

Evo comes to AT to fluff

LaF is now painted as cheaters because apparently they are the only ones that FAs into top ten, but doesn't follow the current practices like land trading, internal land farming, and running untag land farms that suicides on LaF.

Evo denies everything, alliance op of Evo countries allied with untag suicider apparently is not evidence.

am i missing something?

diez Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 5:26:26

Anyway, anoniem is tagged up evo this set, he just fluffs around with everyone else who seems to take him seriously :p

*laughs*

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 14th 2011, 5:59:03

ok, I know I'm not your leader anymore, but LaFfers, just stop posting here

this is a waste of everyone's time
everyone is entitled to their opinions and I think the debate has been thoroughly rehashed at this point :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

locket Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 6:07:43

Bah I tried that...but i bet they listen to pangernator...see what i did there?

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 14th 2011, 6:16:59

It's pretty hilarious how a joke like anoniem and others going to omega to dodge the war are taken in all seriousness even after it was cleared up publicly as a joke.

I really can't take SS seriously when everything he mentions about Evo is obviously wrong. I don't know how things were done 10 years ago, or even 3 years ago in Evo, but for current EE time, you are way off base (as anoniem already mentioned).

I'm with Chevs on the confusion of all the hatorade on Evo. Specifically:

We don't FA anyone to the top. Last time there were allegations, it was Diez's awesome country, and he pulled out the math and status history to prove it wrong. Maybe there was an issue on qzjul one set, but that was just reps from a hit from an alliance that we had pacted.

Evo has never been pacted entirely out since I've been with them, and in recent sets, SoL and the SoF Troublemakers like to grab stocked countries in the last week or two just for fluffs and giggles, which doesn't make our netting any easier.

It is obvious that most of the top 10 last set was FA'd. The reason a thread was even started about LaF is because they had very recently stated multiple times that they didn't FA and they were too good for that, and that they'd get blah blah blah top 10s no matter what. Well, then the next day, apparently one of their guys didn't make top 10, and so they bumped him up, not from the teens, but from the 30s. You know, that's not even that big of deal, it just makes LaF look like big hypocrites.

All of that said, I very very much respect Enshula. I think he will do great things as Don. I don't feel the need to troll LaF, but as typical on these forums there are a few players from every alliance that likes to get everyone riled up. Or heck, maybe they actually believe what they say. But most of the stuff that is said about Evo has no basis whatsoever; and it seems that the few haters just say it over and over and over again in the hopes that someone will eventually believe it.

I think a little trash talk is fine and fun, but it should be playful or it should be true. But usually all we ever hear (from both sides) is a bunch of crap.

Evolution Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 6:48:46

Laf had land farms in 2001, I watched lafers in my high school library doing it. They would gs themselves a bit then take a ton of retails.

That certainly doesn't mean it was sanctioned but it was done quite a lot. I punched a dude over it cause I though it was cheating.

I won the fight and we were friends again after. Hahaha that was the most panzy fight ever. If my friend read this post it would probably start another fight I would win.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Imperial Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 7:20:27

^^ seriously? you punched your friend over a text based game?

lmao you guys take things too seriously

Jelly

Feb 14th 2011, 7:47:44

Slanders all over the place.

I saw a guy Running untags in an Internet cafe while on Evo's site and IRC telling them to hit him while he hit other alliances.

See how easy it's done?

Sigh

anoniem Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 13:13:21

Originally posted by diez:
Anyway, anoniem is tagged up evo this set, he just fluffs around with everyone else who seems to take him seriously :p

*laughs*

i concur, i was only mucking around.
re(ally)tired

aponic Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 14:11:30

Originally posted by Tertius:

I'm with Chevs on the confusion of all the hatorade on Evo. Specifically:

Chevs is saying that a vast amount of trashy trolling comments and threads originate from EVO. That is true. You totally walked past what Chevs was saying there dude.

Anoniem: It is funny to fluff around on AT and say that you are ditching your alliance as a joke but you are the FA. It sounds like something m0m0 would do. However, it isn't a surprise that people take you seriously given your position.
SOF
Cerevisi

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 14th 2011, 16:45:24

That's because every single post by an EVO member or someone who played in EVO needs to be taken super seriously and analyzed.

Your post is a good example. If someone in m0m0 made a post like anoniem's, it's funny. Or if someone from SoF is posting comments like that, well, he's just trolling. Or he's just joking. Don't you go taking it seriously now.

But anoniem is an EVO MEMBER. Of course, we must take it seriously and bring it up whenever possible.

aponic Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 17:26:22

I said it is taken seriously because he is the EVO FA. Are you seriously trying to spin what I just posted? You took two different topics I just commented on, jumbled them into one, then ignored all the key aspects.

SOF
Cerevisi

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 14th 2011, 17:30:33

tertius the country was 16th before the FA, im not certain it would have finished top 10 without anything dodgy happening last set but it was around about there

the FA thing just read the other thread if you want to, our position is a bit too nuanced to make everyone happy i guess but it really isnt hypocrisy in the sense that we think we can do something others cant, just that we think some things are worse than others

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 14th 2011, 17:50:47

I am aware of what you posted. It is not factually correct. I know of quite a few SoF members and leaders who troll on the boards. It's always explained away as: "oh he's just joking" or "oh he's in m0m0". For some reason, the same excuses, whether they are FAs or not, are not acceptable for EVO members.

I've been accused by sof in the past of relentlessly bashing sof on AT, but when I ask for the specifics it's usually about one post I made a month ago that was more or less neutral. So I'd really like to know what is it about EVO that just makes you guys so sensitive?

Just who exactly from EVO is responsible for the "vast amounts" of trolling? I want you to name names. I'll tell them to stop trolling, since it's apparently such a big issue for everyone.

Is it kingjohn who just returned a few weeks ago and who has 9 total posts?

Is it anoniem who recently returned from a year or so break from the game and who has 257 total posts?

BattleKJ Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 17:59:23

Happy Valentines Day LaF.

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 18:00:44

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Just who exactly from EVO is responsible for the "vast amounts" of trolling? I want you to name names. I'll tell them to stop trolling, since it's apparently such a big issue for everyone.

Is it anoniem who recently returned from a year or so break from the game and who has 257 total posts?

It's ME!! WITH LIKE A MILLION POSTS TO MY GODLY VISAGE!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAA!!!!!!
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 14th 2011, 18:02:29

To: NukEvil
Subject: STOP TROLLING NUKEVIL (Urgent)
Time: Feb 14th, 18:01

Message sent! Is there anyone else?

Chevs

Feb 14th 2011, 18:33:12

I made my post because I can't understand why it seems like evo is always picking fights on AT with other alliances. when other alliances are flaming/trolling it seems like its because either 1.) they want a war 2.) they are already in a war (see NA Imag)

I don't know, as a FA of sof I try to minimize my trolling to private discussions with people but its sad to see anomiem going at it back and forth with locket for 3 pages.

since evo is clearly way too awesome for anyone else, why don't you split into 2 tags and then start trolling each other about whos better, since the rest of EE is clearly no competition
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 14th 2011, 18:38:49

I'm going to copy and paste something I said on irc 40 minutes ago. Maybe you'll understand my point of view then.

[13:00:17] <Slagpit> evo might as well make a thread at the end of the set
[13:00:20] <Slagpit> gloating about winning anw
[13:00:24] <Slagpit> and telling everyone else that they suck
[13:00:28] <Slagpit> the reaction would be the same

Chevs

Feb 14th 2011, 18:43:24

i really don't understand what I'm supposed to gather from that?

if your point of view is that the public opinion of evo is at perhaps an all time low, then yes you are correct
SOF Head Of Poop

Murf Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 18:46:02

lol well i'll post my views on evo, I simply don't like them and am going to thoroughly enjoy killing them :) just like the old days

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 14th 2011, 18:47:12

That must be a joke, right?

Murf Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 18:53:41

lol why cause I am a member of m0m0 and a sof head?

clearly its a joke

anoniem Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 19:10:28

one thing that confuses me is as to why sof hate evo? i'm perplexed.
re(ally)tired

Murf Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 19:16:27

we don't hate you

we just hated all the crying you did over the few times we killed you guys, even when we didn't just do it for fun

Chevs

Feb 14th 2011, 19:20:29

we don't hate you. In fact we're pretty happy and pleased that you guys stepped up to war us this set. Kudos on that one.

I'm just saying some of the stuff that evo members post here constantly flaming everyone rubs people the wrong way, and its not just people in sof that feel that way
SOF Head Of Poop

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 19:27:28

*shrugs*

Some of us are quite happy that it's so easy to get people riled up around here. If people just ignored the one or two of us that actually start these threads, AT would be a bit quieter.

But, then again, we do have 5k+ more posts than FFA does, so that's always a plus.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 14th 2011, 19:34:35

I'll admit that I misinterpreted your post somewhat Chevs.

Murf Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 19:47:49

issue resolved

anoniem Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 19:48:34

i still believe there is one rule for the rest of the server and one rule for evo.

regardless, i'm going to get back to netgaining with omega.

peace
re(ally)tired

Murf Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 20:05:59

lol

nah one rule for anoniem, different for the rest of us

M m i x X Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 22:25:14

lol

anoniem has his own world :)
-=(M m i x X)=-

aponic Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 15:50:13

Originally posted by Slagpit:
I am aware of what you posted. It is not factually correct. I know of quite a few SoF members and leaders who troll on the boards. It's always explained away as: "oh he's just joking" or "oh he's in m0m0". For some reason, the same excuses, whether they are FAs or not, are not acceptable for EVO members.

I've been accused by sof in the past of relentlessly bashing sof on AT, but when I ask for the specifics it's usually about one post I made a month ago that was more or less neutral. So I'd really like to know what is it about EVO that just makes you guys so sensitive?

Anoniem: It is funny to fluff around on AT and say that you are ditching your alliance as a joke but you are the FA. It sounds like something m0m0 would do. However, it isn't a surprise that people take you seriously given your position.

I just said it is no wonder people took him seriously. I didn't say he should not do it. I made a simple observation and you are putting words in my mouth. I even made a reference that people in m0m0 do it and the same result occurs. How are you making this into more?

Edited By: aponic on Feb 15th 2011, 18:34:25. Reason: deleted a sentence
See Original Post
SOF
Cerevisi

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 15th 2011, 17:31:46

hmm.

I can sympathize with Evo on this thread (with exception to posts by KJ, of course), as the treatment they are complaining about here is something LaF had to go through for a number of years as well.
It isn't a fun PR task to deal with.

hanlong Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 0:24:16

ROFL

that's all the response i have =)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

hanlong Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 2:37:23

but h4 hit a sweet spot here. the stuff evo is defending itself against is similar to what we always did for LaF throughout the years.

i sometimes wish we can put it all behind us, but there are parties (like KJ :P) who like to induce the flames ;)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

BattleKJ Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 2:45:40

I warned you already Hanschlong. You know that I am a LOOSE CANNON and that I am VOLATILE.

U MAD BRA?

Evolution Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 14:21:31

That was pretty much my point Hanlong. I am generally pro-laf and pro-Evo, but both sides are accusing each other of stuff that both sides have done at some stage and both sides are saying that its unfair.

If the forum had a point system I'd vote hanlong +1 and Jelly -1.

Its like two pots calling each other a black kettle. Both sides need to control your members beter if they are doing unsanctioned dodgy things. Or live with people slagging off.

Insiders do not forgive outsiders for the same transgressions they make. It doesn't take a psychology degree to know that... well it might.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 16th 2011, 19:48:09

that wasn't my point (which Hanlong was agreing with) at all.

My point was that we have historically taken heat/flack over things that we were being accused of doing, but weren't even actually doing. This seems to be what is happening now with Evo as well. That was the point.

Evolution Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 20:36:09

Yes but some Laf members, not Laf clan, have done some dodgy stuff whilst they were over committed to winning at netgaining. The same point is true for Evo to.

I don't believe there were official policies by either clan to do some dodgy things. However overcommitted members most likely acted on their own. My opinion both clans are/were lax in certain areas, where it came to enforcing ethics.

From what I know of both clans and members I know;
Evo had coodinaton problems for a long time which let people get away with things.
Laf in the distant past (eg 5 years ago), used to turn a blind eye to activities that helped netgaining.

FA chains are probably the only thing that was coodinated and thats hardly that dodgy from my perspective.

I am not bashing either clan, merely giving a realistic opinion in a thread dominated by flaming. No clan is perfect, every clan has made mistakes.

anoniem Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 0:25:20

Evolution isn't in evo. i don't know who he is but he has a cool name, but probably talks out of his arse :D
re(ally)tired

Dragonlance Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 1:10:49

h4 most likely because historically, LaF has not been happy to admit to the things they were doing.

Maybe Evo is having the same issue now and that means they get accused of doing more than they do?

if you do A and B, but deny doing A and B, it should not be a surprise when next set you are accused of doing A, B, C and D, even though you only ever did A and B.