Verified:

aponic Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 15:34:54

After Passing Congress on a second attempt, the Patriot Act is now up for renewal in the Senate. If you are living in the United States, you should sincerely think about protesting this by petitioning your local congressman or senator.

SOF
Cerevisi

BlackMamba Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 16:39:55

agreed

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 15th 2011, 17:32:36

ya, shoot this down.

it's a black eye on your country, along with everything else that happened during the Bush presidency.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Detmer Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 17:45:34

Confirmed.

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 18:21:16

if it does get shot down, does that mean bush can then be potentionally put on trial for the crimes against human rights he committed with guantanamo? that's what the patriot act did anyways, basically portected the prez, right?
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

mazooka Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 18:30:45

the patriot act scares me.

aponic Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 18:40:19

Originally posted by CaptainTenacious:
if it does get shot down, does that mean bush can then be potentionally put on trial for the crimes against human rights he committed with guantanamo? that's what the patriot act did anyways, basically portected the prez, right?

Yes, in one aspect. It would open Bush to be prosecuted here at home. He is already wanted in multiple countries world wide and there was rumor that he would be arrested in Switzerland just last week where he was to be the key note speaker for some sort of fundraiser. He decided not to attend.
SOF
Cerevisi

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 15th 2011, 18:46:16

Originally posted by aponic:

Yes, in one aspect. It would open Bush to be prosecuted here at home. He is already wanted in multiple countries world wide and there was rumor that he would be arrested in Switzerland just last week where he was to be the key note speaker for some sort of fundraiser. He decided not to attend.

I was just going to post the same basic thing as aponic.

they were going to Assange him! :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 15th 2011, 19:28:51

I think the patriot act did more than just protect the president. In any case I've never understood why congress would want to enact legislation immunizing the president from prosecution and extent such an act indefinitely.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 15th 2011, 19:34:40

Originally posted by martian:
I think the patriot act did more than just protect the president. In any case I've never understood why congress would want to enact legislation immunizing the president from prosecution and extent such an act indefinitely.

you gotta think about this in the hysterical mindset that existed after 9/11
I can empathize with why it was done in the first place, but a decade later, does this still need to exist? aren't there better mechanisms in place to deal with these type of issues? if not, there should be.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Trife Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 19:49:32

I wanna know why all you commies hate America?

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 20:12:31

The patriot act kinda reminds me of those 30-year emergency laws that Mubarak put in place to protect himself...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

aponic Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 21:07:47

Originally posted by NukEvil:
The patriot act kinda reminds me of those 30-year emergency laws that Mubarak put in place to protect himself...

and surprise! He was American supported!

On a serious note, you really should write to your local senator.
SOF
Cerevisi

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 21:10:34

meh, when i sent my representative an email about tobacco taxes, they replied that i should mail them a real letter with a signature on it.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

aponic Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 21:23:23

That is a good suggestion.
SOF
Cerevisi

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 15th 2011, 21:32:54

vs Castro who was Russian supported or
Robert Mugabe who is supported by China..
:P

New strategy: step 1: declare war on the US, step 2: surrender in 1 hour, step 3: get lots of "foreign aid" ?

:P

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

lincoln

Feb 15th 2011, 21:35:52

america's multi-decade efforts to bring democracy to the middle east are finally bearing fruit
kuwait, iraq, tunisia, egypt, algeria and soon iran
just as in europe where america ended centuries of constant conflict between germany, france, england, spain and russia, so to democracy is on the march in the middle east and the centuries long oppression may be coming to a close
the american self-evident truth that all men are created equal and endowed with certain inalienable rights is finally recognized in the most ancient civilization
just as the egyptian protesters quoted martin luther king so to others throughout the region will soon be free at last free at last

FoG

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 15th 2011, 21:38:32

Not every democracy recognizes the existence of inalienable rights.
In fact most don't.

Even Canada doesn't.

Heston Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 21:43:29

the patroit act is a way for any govenment officaial to detain with out warrent or probable cause anyone suspected in being involved with any kind of "terrorist"organization. when the law was passed, many, many american citizens and people around the world, lost the right to due process. its the rico act on steriods. it implies that a true american patriot will gladly give up the right to stand innocent until proven guilty.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Detmer Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 21:52:46

No ex post facto. If the Patriot Act protected you from doing something when you did it, repealing the Patriot Act does not turn your actions into crimes.

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 21:54:32

Originally posted by lincoln:
america's multi-decade efforts to bring democracy to the middle east are finally bearing fruit
kuwait, iraq, tunisia, egypt, algeria and soon iran
>>>just as in europe where america ended centuries of constant conflict between germany, france, england, spain and russia,<<< so to democracy is on the march in the middle east and the centuries long oppression may be coming to a close...

uhh, what?
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 22:02:42

Originally posted by Detmer:
No ex post facto. If the Patriot Act protected you from doing something when you did it, repealing the Patriot Act does not turn your actions into crimes.

+1

NOW3P Game profile

Feb 15th 2011, 22:12:45

So google really can topple governments now, eh?

All hail the mighty 0-like overlords!

Klown Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 0:21:31

Originally posted by aponic:

Yes, in one aspect. It would open Bush to be prosecuted here at home.

Absolutely false.

I've never understood the anti-Guantanamo sentiment. Its a prison. If you close the prison, what happens? You move the prisoners.... to another prison and you've accomplished nothing.

aponic Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 2:21:45

Originally posted by Detmer:

That is true. But, not renewing the Patriot Act will strengthen the case in international courts and add weight to civil suits at home.
SOF
Cerevisi

Dragonlance Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 2:34:35

lincoln...

please speak sense.

your stupidity hurts my brain cells.

Klown Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 2:47:19

Aponic... do you even know what the Patriot Act is?

ocmatrix Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 3:20:53

Originally posted by Klown:

it undermines our constitution. it isnt just 'enemy combatants' that where detained under the bill, they even imprisoned american citizens with it! its a whole different ballgame when you detain american citizens all because of suspicions.

Klown Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 4:05:06

That's two who have no clue.

NightShade

Feb 16th 2011, 7:29:28

Let's see...

It's official name under the acronym is "Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001"

However, all it really did was supersede all of these that I am going to list.

> The Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986. The USA Patriot Act supersedes this, meaning that rather than having to serve you with a warrant to tap your phone lines, they now had the power to do so without needing a warrant, as long as the Department of Homeland Security was down with it.

> The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. The USA Patriot Act supersedes this, which allows the government to spy on your children at school.

> The Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA). The USA Patriot Act supersedes this, which allows the government to keep an eye on your finances in an effort to determine if you are an 'Enemy Of The State' or not.

> The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The USA Patriot Act supersedes this, which now allows the government to keep an eye on those whom have been deemed 'red flagged' by the FBI, CIA or NSA when and if they ever take out any loans or spend too much money without having an income to support it.

> The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) of 1952. The USA Patriot Act supersedes this, which allows the government to single potential 'red flags' out by their nationality and religion, although they probably would never publicly admit religion plays a role in this.

> The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act is a law passed by the United States Congress in 1986. The USA Patriot Act now allows the FBI, CIA, NSA or the DOHS to keeps tabs on you via keeping tabs on what sites you visit, what you say online, and whether or not anything you purhcase online would be enough to label you a 'red flag' or in the most extreme case, an 'enemy of the state'.

Is this enough, or do I need to keep going?

Edited By: NightShade on Feb 16th 2011, 14:02:05
See Original Post
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

NightShade

Feb 16th 2011, 7:35:24

Thomas Jefferson says it best. "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

NightShade

Feb 16th 2011, 7:37:11

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny"

"A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order will lose both, and deserve neither"

both quotes by Thomas Jefferson as well.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

Evolution Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 9:42:42

Attack, Terrorist, Nuclear, America

This thread has now been backed up by the American government.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Silent Sentinel Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 10:17:58

I recently went to the US and the airports left me with a sense of gratitude that I'm Australian.

paladin Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 10:58:00

Those that are willing to trade liberty for safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Edited By: paladin on Feb 17th 2011, 10:59:47
See Original Post
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

paladin Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 11:00:38

Originally posted by paladin:
Those that are willing to trade liberty for safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

xaos Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 16th 2011, 12:04:33

Originally posted by lincoln:
a bunch of speechy pro-america stuff

Anyone else find it fitting that this came from Lincoln?

Link Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 12:45:54

America bashing is hilarious
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 16th 2011, 13:01:52

and a full-time job :/

just nobody shoot any of them, capiche :P
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Deerhunter Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 13:31:38

NightShade, you have described President Obamma very well. And Detmer, maybe you are dumb but Bush can not be tried for acts he committed while protected by the Patriot Act. If you stop it now it only takes power from Obamma. I am all for stopping it.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Deerhunter Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 13:33:40

Maybe if you knuckle-draggers would stop bashing lincon and read what he is saying you might learn something.

Take away your anit- Bush and America bashing and you will have nothing left to say.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Evolution Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 13:58:17

Australia is good, but look at how they want to censor the internet like China...

Wish the communist party members in Australia would get a life.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

NightShade

Feb 16th 2011, 14:06:21

Deerhunter, I like your sig. But being from Los Angeles... it goes like this: :)

Yeah, Motherfluffers! Though I walk through The Valley Of The Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for my Glock and my 12 Gauge Autoloader are with me, because --I-- am the Baddest Motherfluffer In The [San Fernando] Valley!
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

aponic Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 17:50:05

Originally posted by Klown:

Do you always ask rhetorical questions? Are you incapable of expressing a complete thought? Is the cartoon character mini mouse really mini?

Grow up dude.
SOF
Cerevisi

aponic Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 17:52:02

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
NightShade, you have described President Obamma very well. And Detmer, maybe you are dumb but Bush can not be tried for acts he committed while protected by the Patriot Act. If you stop it now it only takes power from Obamma. I am all for stopping it.

Detmer, like many people on the forums, has almost completed his PHD. Maybe you should reconsider your analysis of the poster and put more effort into considering their posts. Just a thought.
SOF
Cerevisi

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 16th 2011, 18:23:18

aponic, you spelled PDM wrong! :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Klown Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 2:16:30

There was nothing rhetorical about my question. Nothing you have said in this thread indicates that you have any clue what the Patriot Act is.

Klown Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 2:18:43

Originally posted by Heston:
the patroit act is a way for any govenment officaial to detain with out warrent or probable cause anyone suspected in being involved with any kind of "terrorist"organization. when the law was passed, many, many american citizens and people around the world, lost the right to due process. its the rico act on steriods. it implies that a true american patriot will gladly give up the right to stand innocent until proven guilty.

No. What is with this forum?

aponic Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 2:34:23

Your question is rhetorical because you have not said anything in this thread.
SOF
Cerevisi

Klown Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 3:41:56

Which is infinitely more useful than spreading misinformation.