Verified:

NightShade

Feb 16th 2011, 7:29:28

Let's see...

It's official name under the acronym is "Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001"

However, all it really did was supersede all of these that I am going to list.

> The Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986. The USA Patriot Act supersedes this, meaning that rather than having to serve you with a warrant to tap your phone lines, they now had the power to do so without needing a warrant, as long as the Department of Homeland Security was down with it.

> The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. The USA Patriot Act supersedes this, which allows the government to spy on your children at school.

> The Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA). The USA Patriot Act supersedes this, which allows the government to keep an eye on your finances in an effort to determine if you are an 'Enemy Of The State' or not.

> The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The USA Patriot Act supersedes this, which now allows the government to keep an eye on those whom have been deemed 'red flagged' by the FBI, CIA or NSA when and if they ever take out any loans or spend too much money without having an income to support it.

> The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) of 1952. The USA Patriot Act supersedes this, which allows the government to single out potential 'red flags' out by their nationality and religion, although they probably would never publicly admit religion plays a role in this.

> The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act is a law passed by the United States Congress in 1986. The USA Patriot Act now allows the FBI, CIA, NSA or the DOHS to keeps tabs on you via keeping tabs on what sites you visit, what you say online, and whether or not anything you purhcase online would be enough to label you a 'red flag' or in the most extreme case, an 'enemy of the state'.

Is this enough, or do I need to keep going?

Edited By: NightShade on Feb 16th 2011, 14:02:05
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks