just need to ask
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

BlackHole Game profile

Aug 24th 2023, 10:46:51

I used to. I don't anymore. Got a lot of hate for trying to recruit from reddit.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 24th 2023, 12:05:51

Hate from people here or on reddit?

Rick Game profile

Aug 24th 2023, 12:17:22

Tried, but no success.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 24th 2023, 13:18:38

Last time a new group came in, we tried to set them up with irc/clanhosting etc. But then cottonball Pat came in and manipulated them to grief his competition and he used as cannonfodder against 3 old warring clans.

What’s to stop that from happening again?

https://imgur.com/a/SedoMBx

BEM684 Game profile

Aug 24th 2023, 14:17:08

Originally posted by BlackHole:
I used to. I don't anymore. Got a lot of hate for trying to recruit from reddit.

That's interesting, that's exactly what I was thinking we should do. I wish I could bring a surge of 200 new players to alliance server.

The game would benefit from a bunch of random new players forming clans, randomly attacking others, and finishing in the top 10-20. I know you all have been arguing over the direction of the game for years, but having just come back, it's clear to me the game has drifted in a direction to benefit a very tiny number of people competing for the top networth spots. A surge of new players is the only thing that will revive real competition here, both in netgaining and war.

BEM684 Game profile

Aug 24th 2023, 14:22:50

Originally posted by Coalie:
Last time a new group came in, we tried to set them up with irc/clanhosting etc. But then cottonball Pat came in and manipulated them to grief his competition and he used as cannonfodder against 3 old warring clans.

What’s to stop that from happening again?

https://imgur.com/a/SedoMBx

Just because it could happen doesn't mean there should be no recruitment. New players are the only thing that will keep the game going. I don't know the numbers but it seems to me there are probably less than 100 real players left and 400 bots. That's pathetic. Placing in the top ten 20 years ago was a real accomplishment. Placing in the top ten like this is like beating a game on "easy" difficulty.

Cathankins Game profile

Aug 24th 2023, 14:53:21

I could not agree more, excellent posts and the owner is asking for feedback. You should go copy and paste your posts here (link below) so he sees them. Maybe a few extra voices will help.

The lack of new players and new players being abused when people notice a n00b are the two main issues I’ve noticed as well. They need a n00b server or netting server to learn and have fun on.

I think the influx of players could be done very easily by paying some YouTuber or tik toker or viral marketing advertising company to get the word out.

https://www.earthempires.com/...se-leave-feedback-52057/1

Cathankins Game profile

Aug 24th 2023, 14:55:07

Lmfao

Doug Game profile

Aug 30th 2023, 23:27:32

Originally posted by Rick:
Tried, but no success.

Rick, you shoulda just come play a set with me lol you and Steril are such good friends lol
Paradigm VP/Senator
My Discord: twink_attack
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM hFa issues.
His Discord: happytheexceed

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 31st 2023, 1:36:17

Yeah Rick's the man. No one gives a fluff anymore tho. The only reason folks get brought into the fray anymore is just to help haters hate. The 5 loudest voices on every side of every argument sorta supercede.

I'd be down to help lead a crew of clowns from reddit tho next time to see to it they don't get corrupted into one side of dumb arguments. Most people hate me but I don't seem to have any issues with it come up. We'd need louder people who believe in the fluff tho, and I don't think people, including myself, believe in this meta.

fluff primary has dropped by more than half membership in the last 3 sets. I'd need some serious support from the members to help new players grow, and I think that's totally unrealistic. This community has no pathway for entry atm.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Aug 31st 2023, 1:41:12
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 31st 2023, 2:09:48

This carbon copy just inherited a lousy game design and was never iterated on.

You don't blame users for the inadequacy of the development.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 31st 2023, 2:18:44

Originally posted by Requiem:
This carbon copy just inherited a lousy game design and was never iterated on.

You don't blame users for the inadequacy of the development.

Did you just accuse QZ of neutering the game just to cater to the needs of 1 player? This game is just basically watching a group of 23 simps conduct insider training for an "artificial win by hiding behind a welfare free-handout mechanic".

No new players going join this game to spend hours of their free time to boost someone to the leaderboard. Maybe they'd do it for a war game that encompasses traits such as; strategy, diplomacy, teamwork, attack, defense, leadership, research, and friendships.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 31st 2023, 2:22:05

Right, Req. I completely agree.

It's fun to play the game of what we could do better as a community, but we'd at the very least need to believe in the development, which, I personally haven't since Pang got mad and canceled Bug as the very most active developer. They burned a bridge there that was their entire pathway to a game the community loves, because he listened to and tried to build on our requests, and he won't do it anymore because they undermined and pooped on his head. Idk....

It's massively important we believe in what's going on, and we don't. I think if people believed developers had their best interests, they'd be less likely to behave this way.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Aug 31st 2023, 2:26:36
See Original Post

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 31st 2023, 3:04:55

Originally posted by DerrickICN:

Most people hate me

I don't know a single person in this game that hates you. Maybe a former ICN president but he's not around anymore.

Doug Game profile

Aug 31st 2023, 3:28:48

I don’t hate you Derrick! Send me your fav 20 year old employees snd you can buy MY vote! HahahahhH

Bit seriously? He’s was hot lol decisions rendered! Not guilty lol
Paradigm VP/Senator

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 31st 2023, 3:38:01

Originally posted by Doug:
I don’t hate you Derrick! Send me your fav 20 year old employees snd you can buy MY vote! HahahahhH

im surprised you asked for 20 employees... that's one gaping request!

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 31st 2023, 13:57:12

Going to try out express at a "gamenight" with the alliance from a different game. Will be between 1 (me) and 355 people.
Don of LaF

DeepThinker Game profile

Aug 31st 2023, 14:20:03

Well I started maybe 4 months or so ago. I quickly learned primary which I thought was a learning server is definitely not that. I posted a couple of questions and got some answers but I got a lot of criticism also. So I decided it was best to just STFU. To a newcomer it seems like you are coming into a frat house with some welcoming people and some others that would just as soon you not be here. You all know each other so well it is intimidating to new people. Maybe some type of a forum that is for new people to kinda “check in” get a feel for the game without getting farmed to oblivion. Still don’t really feel comfortable and would never try one of the harder servers like alliance, or team.

Link Game profile

Aug 31st 2023, 15:04:53

Originally posted by DeepThinker:
Well I started maybe 4 months or so ago. I quickly learned primary which I thought was a learning server is definitely not that. I posted a couple of questions and got some answers but I got a lot of criticism also. So I decided it was best to just STFU. To a newcomer it seems like you are coming into a frat house with some welcoming people and some others that would just as soon you not be here. You all know each other so well it is intimidating to new people. Maybe some type of a forum that is for new people to kinda “check in” get a feel for the game without getting farmed to oblivion. Still don’t really feel comfortable and would never try one of the harder servers like alliance, or team.

this makes me miss people like Mad Mo.. she used to make a huge deal out of helping the new people fit in and get to know everyone ect.. ugh..
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 31st 2023, 16:17:08

Originally posted by Link:

this makes me miss people like Mad Mo.. she used to make a huge deal out of helping the new people fit in and get to know everyone ect.. ugh..

MadMo was awesome, she was one of the friendliest EE player I’ve ever met.

Doug Game profile

Aug 31st 2023, 16:52:59

im surprised you asked for 20 employees... that's one gaping request!

Not what I said pervert lol plus ew gross.
Paradigm VP/Senator

Doug Game profile

Aug 31st 2023, 16:58:42

Well you’re not wrong and I’m sorry people made you feel this way. These folks on this server have played decades. A bit bitter, rough around the edges and old skool trolls. Some are kind and decent people once you get to know them. But when people join I try to say hello, I tried to treat any of my new people well and have a “coach” around to “mentor” - but yes Link is right about her. Im not nearly as good as she was, but some of us do try.

Edited By: Doug on Aug 31st 2023, 17:01:31
Paradigm VP/Senator

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 31st 2023, 19:32:17

Well you’re not wrong and I’m sorry people made you feel this way. These folks on this server have played decades. A bit bitter, rough around the edges and old skool trolls. Some are kind and decent people once you get to know them. But when people join I try to say hello, I tried to treat any of my new people well and have a “coach” around to “mentor” - but yes Link is right about her. Im not nearly as good as she was, but some of us do try.

Put ClanGDI on Primary.

Turtle Crawler Game profile

Aug 31st 2023, 19:42:49

I'm not sure what's so bad about primary. Shouldn't be any killruns. Spy and hit smaller people, have fun.

BEM684 Game profile

Aug 31st 2023, 20:07:25

If people really want to bring in new players now is the time to do it. As we get close to 2025 more old timers will suddenly remember they used to play Earth2025 and inevitably some of them will show up. If the game brings a few of them in plus some new faces it could actually be significant. Even 50 new players would totally change the landscape since there's probably not more than 150 human players in total. And such a wave could be used as a snowball effect to bring in old timers who feel the game is dead. But that would take some real effort. Also, I think there needs to be an alliance for all those new players to join in their first set. They'll learn the game faster and get some protection at the same time.

BlackHole Game profile

Aug 31st 2023, 23:34:15

They won't get protection. They've get bullied... it's quite literally what my alliance was initially.

We banded together BECAUSE we were being bullied. And we all learned together. Tried to get help from some vets. Ultimately, we just found ourselves in endless war. War that EVEN NOW hasn't stopped. Even now, they attack all of us new players, even when they are in a solo tribe, not fighting back.

I brought in more new players to this game then probably anyone in years. I know you all laughed at my 'reddit recruiting' but I put a lot of work into it. Captain Control plays in Mercs now, and he is here because of posts I made on reddit and the initial work I did to recruit him. And a lot of other players. But sadly, many of them quit after the.. I don't know, 6 or 7th straight set in teams where we got completely steamrolled not just by a better squad, but importantly, a bigger squad. Every time. That was part of the demoralizing effect. We NEVER had an even fight. Not close, not even once.

People eventually feel like 'what's the point'. And it's hard to disagree.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2023, 0:32:54

Idk man. As an objective outsider to that war, it seemed like yall got killed as untagged because generally untagged on team end up being suiciders, and darkness as a public policy was killing untagged to protect server netter. You didn't like the fact that those clans killed all untagged viewing them all as potential threats, and decided to put together a crew to attack them. The next couple sets you declared war on them and lost, but it wasn't bullying. It was a war of choice you made. Once you were done attacking them and telling them they were going to get beat by you every set, you changed your narrative to become the victim.

After attacking a clan for a public policy you didn't like, you attacked them for multiple sets, and then you wanted to be the one to tell them the war was over when you gave up. You're mad they continued to hit you after you gave up. I warned you at the start of all of this too, that you would not be the one that decided when they will stop killing you for declaring war on them.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2023, 0:38:43

Like sure. I'll give that killing you for like 4 sets after is excessive, but it's not like you didn't declare war on them in several of the sets you're claiming to be bullied in.

SuperFly Game profile

Sep 1st 2023, 0:43:50

BH my man. You came in ABing and suiciding multiple tags on your first round of team server and you were killed it for it. (This truth has been posted multiple times with EEstats proof yet this guy forgets that part)

Originally you were friendly with multiple players like myself but then you soured your relationship with most of the community and they all disliked you.

I just joined FFA for the first time in my life and I did exactly what black hole and his team did on teams. I came first set in this server and I AB’ed and killed a few of the countries in the wild tag and I got my ass whooped. Why? First of all I had no experience running 16 countries and using the control panel. 2nd I came in and hit a tag of 32 countries so I was out numbered and 3rd I hit a guy who has been playing that server for a long time.

You can say that I literally followed BH’s game plan to a T and like him I got my ass whooped!

BlackHole Game profile

Sep 1st 2023, 0:57:23

Superfly - I'll reply to you first.

Yes, I suicided people my first set in. But let's be honest, I didn't know what suiciding was. What I really did was attacked people, because.... I didn't know better. Many new players are going to do this. They don't understand retal policies, politics, interpersonal dynamics, etc. It's fine to kill me. I have no problem with that.

Then I created a team and we warred, which was also fine. I obviously was very bombastic in my forum posts, but, go re-read one of my very first posts here. I made it very clear in that post that the things I was posting was done to be provocative and create a narrative, FOR FUN. I was trying to stir up things so I could find some support from somewhere to help in a fight I knew we were going to lose.

Where things started to go awry was Coalie playing with us, and then Gerdler playing with us, and at the end of that set realizing that one of our enemies was in our tag (Coalie). To this day I still don't know whose intentions were genuine and whose weren't, but to a bunch of new players, all we could take away from those shenanigans was that no one could be trusted. Tough spot for a bunch of new players to be in.

We did learn a lot though, and eventually became a decent team. My last effort to salvage my team and the new players was when we came to Darkness and requested a peace treaty. It WAS agreed to. And then the day the new set started, everyone back tracked on that peace because people didn't like me. Which... ok, I get. I've been pretty combative here, but I've been that way because all I've ever known is adversity in this game.

Then I went through a series of attempts to find peace.

Derrick - this is where I'll respond to you. Even now, I get attacked, unprovoked, in team. I haven't played on a team in... I don't know, 6 sets now? I haven't attacked anyone first. I haven't even built countries that have militaries, and yet, I STILL get attacked.

But whatever, this isn't about me. I'm probably one of the rare few that would hang around after our team got dismantled. That's where this all falls apart, right? How many people from my team got run from the game?

I guess you could say it was my fault, I should have been a better leader. But if we, as a community, our dependent upon brand new players to the game knowing all the intricacies of the politics and histories here, and reacting in the most optimal ways, otherwise being absolutely obliterated by 20 year vets - well that's where we fail.

That's what needs to change/needed to change.

The initial war is fine. Even a few sets of it. But people need to drop the personal vendettas and let others enjoy the game again. Hell, how awesome would it be if I joined up with Mercs or Fastcars or someone else for a few sets? I know, for an absolute fact, Superfly and I could/would be friends if things had gone differently. But because of personal vendettas, it seems we are destined for continuous and non-stop war for eternity.

Not a fun place for new players to find themselves when they inevitably mess up their first few months here.

BlackHole Game profile

Sep 1st 2023, 1:05:29

Actually - I'll take it a step further.

Personal vendettas have prevented me from even joining other teams. I reached out to one of the team netting clans. I get along well with them, and they were open to me joining. But only if I played under a different handle, because they feared my existence in their team would cause them problems.

The personal vendettas against me have literally prevented me from even branching out and developing new friendships outside of 'my team vs your team' dynamic that currently exists.

Symbolic Game profile

Sep 1st 2023, 1:07:24

B hole you post to much for me to read/care.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2023, 1:16:41

Where things started to go awry was Coalie playing with us, and then Gerdler playing with us, and at the end of that set realizing that one of our enemies was in our tag (Coalie). To this day I still don't know whose intentions were genuine and

when in doubt, just remember:
1. who taught u how to kill
2. who helped you out with clanhosting/irc
3. who messaged you several sets ago in teams asking if you needed help when you were attacked by your former group.

vs
1. who used you and your team as cannonfodder against 3 warring clans

I told you to sit out of that war, I could tell you were considering it. But ultimately, you made your choices and here we are today. I haven't messed with you in teams in a long time, I am glad to see you back. Hope you have a great weekend.

BlackHole Game profile

Sep 1st 2023, 1:38:12

Originally posted by Symbolic:
B hole you post to much for me to read/care.

That's fine bro. You don't need to post to tell me as much. I know a lot of people don't care to read the longer posts I make. No worries, ignore it and move along.

BlackHole Game profile

Sep 1st 2023, 1:39:22

Where things started to go awry was Coalie playing with us, and then Gerdler playing with us, and at the end of that set realizing that one of our enemies was in our tag (Coalie). To this day I still don't know whose intentions were genuine and

3. who messaged you several sets ago in teams asking if you needed help when you were attacked by your former group.

vs

I told you to sit out of that war, I could tell you were considering it. But ultimately, you made your choices and here we are today. I haven't messed with you in teams in a long time, I am glad to see you back. Hope you have a great weekend.

I think my point is Coalie, regardless of choices i made, the community has to have an ability to forget past wars and not turn everything into a never-ending grudge match. I know YOU have moved past that. But many still haven't.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2023, 1:56:55

Many of your issues would be solved by not using the same country name on every server, every round.

Right, wrong or indifferent part of the appeal, I am guessing, for people to hit you is that it is straightforward to target someone who uses the same name set after set.

I kind of ran into that issue myself in the past. I've often used the name 'MicroteK,' and people would remember that and target me. :p

SuperFly Game profile

Sep 1st 2023, 2:02:46

BH I will personally extended an olive branch to you:

Join me in FFA we will tag up together. I am brand new to the server and got my ass whooped. You I assume are also new to that server and probably up for an ass whopping until we get our bearings straight.

I am alone and not with any of your “enemies” on that server. If you want to team up with me let me know and we can start the healing process between you and I.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2023, 2:58:03

Lol. Yeah. I think some of the players that like conflict like to have it with the people who go the most bananas on the forums and stuff. If you didn't get a rise out of people and some smack talk out of it, just hammering the AB button would be hardly worth it/boring.

I 1000% agree people shouldn't carry grudges across servers and sets tho. Its a darn game afterall. That's fairly new to the old farts here and it's tough to watch imo.

That's why I'm for a ClanGDI with a declare war and surrender mechanic. I think war is essential but so is being able to surrender after defeat.

It's funny to me that opinion seems to be massively unpopular. QZ has noted the goal as suicider prevention, and a countdown to war would easily accomplish that. Idk. Seems like most people are thinking from their heart about grudges rather than using their head and thinking about what's actually best for the game.

I think that's what makes the debate so annoying and why I hardly post about about, despite it being one of the better ideas I participated in conversations regarding the development of. Just kinda bones me that everyone is just an ass instead of having a useful debate about the direction of these changes.

There's only 2 opinions:
1) Can I kill LaF? Oh well then fluff LaF and fluff these changes.
2) Can the people who keep saying fluff LaF hit me? OK, I support these changes.

*Heavy sigh*

It sucks seeing both sides of the debate be so like....intentionally wrong and not fluffing helpful. Idk...

All I'm saying is I don't blame QZ for thinking the conversations are a fluffing trash heap and doing what he thinks might work independently. The community opinion on both sides is tiresome, annoying and stupid as all hell. I get stupider every time I read a single post about it.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 1st 2023, 4:15:39
See Original Post

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2023, 4:45:18

vs

I think my point is Coalie, regardless of choices i made, the community has to have an ability to forget past wars and not turn everything into a never-ending grudge match. I know YOU have moved past that. But many still haven't.

The worst part about the whole thing was you LOST TedRampon. I’ll never forgive you for this one.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2023, 4:48:45

Yeahhhhh. I mean honestly.

There's an ethos where BHole didn't become an overpowered, egotistical leader that inflated his own accomplishments in the OG sets over his members, and people got to love the super dope humans he brought to the game being humble. He was playing a character tho, and didn't get the right mix of character yet to be effective. IT HAPPENS. *Less heavy sigh*

Losing TedRampone was an actual loss to the community tho. He was 14/10

SuperFly Game profile

Sep 1st 2023, 4:57:42

vs

The worst part about the whole thing was you LOST TedRampon. I’ll never forgive you for this one.

Maybe you shouldn’t have killed his restart 11 times in a single round of teams and he wouldn’t have left.

You seriously sound like a laf player bro

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 1st 2023, 6:19:21

Lol

BlackHole Game profile

Sep 1st 2023, 6:54:24

vs

We talked so much about him. I legit wonder if he died IRL. He literally just stopped showing up out of the blue one day. No warning, nothing. Just never logged into discord again. Made me really sad, he was one of our OG members.

BlackHole Game profile

Sep 1st 2023, 6:56:07

Originally posted by SuperFly:
BH I will personally extended an olive branch to you:

Join me in FFA we will tag up together. I am brand new to the server and got my ass whooped. You I assume are also new to that server and probably up for an ass whopping until we get our bearings straight.

I am alone and not with any of your “enemies” on that server. If you want to team up with me let me know and we can start the healing process between you and I.

Oh man... that server is something else.... Managing 16 countries is overwhelming... but, just so that I can team up with you, I'm in. We doing it this set, or do you want to start fresh next set?

SuperFly Game profile

Sep 1st 2023, 13:02:44

I have sent you forum PM BH

Leto Game profile

Apr 24th 2024, 2:39:01

Originally posted by m0bzta:
Does anyone still try and bring people to this game

just need to ask

Yup. We all should reach out to our old friends and clanmates who played and try something different. Keep reaching out, set after set and nurture your friendships. I've thought about doing Facebook ads.

I love the reddit idea.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 24th 2024, 3:50:48

I recommend against holding off on any mass recruiting for the next two months.

Doug Game profile

Apr 24th 2024, 3:57:11

Heh
Paradigm VP/Senator

Auk Game profile

Apr 24th 2024, 4:11:32

Yay, new signature:
https://i.ibb.co/...s-a-paradigm-black-bg.png
Discord: HappyTheExceed
Paradigm's Secretary of State/HFA