Verified:

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2023, 1:51:47

Time for bed here in Atlantic Canada. You can ping me with a nuke to wake me up if you want some more interaction tonight.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2023, 6:50:31

Originally posted by Getafix:
I've looked into it too TC, and we went to war in part for the unfair FDP that was not really an FDP beacuse of the clause that meant you never had to back us up even if we got blindsided by a larger enemy. In fact, in our previous war before this one, LaF sent $6b to our enemy in "Reps" despite clause #2 that said you would never send FA to our enemy. Add to that huge penalties if we had a rogue suicider, like KBomb, who we recruited in good faith but who hit LaF and who we paid billions in reps for, discouraging us from recruiting anyone new. And then, bullfluff like this:
"-Standard reps formula is: ((75*number of week into the reset)*(lost acres*1.2)). Units are in tanks.
-200% Land:Land negates any lost production payable, as future production will be more. Special cases may still be discussed between representatives from both alliances."

so yes, we went to war for a new pact, in addition to you being assholes who cheat, bribe, corrupt and infiltrate with lying spies, on top of being crybabies who want special treatment and protection.

Thats a lie, we had 100% l:l and it was signed in 2020 with Weezy and renewed since then.
https://i.imgur.com/IvBBkHR.png
Don of LaF

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2023, 7:33:59

This is the pact we have written down that was renewed every set until the set ending Dec 12, 2022.

OMG, Weezy has killed the game with a clerical error!

allbymyself

Edit Post 2/16/2022 5:56:55 PM
LaF (signed with Gainsboro)

Full Defensive Pact (FDP)

No attacks of any type shall be exchanged for any reason.
No Foreign Aid shall be sent to an enemy during times of war, if its done 150% reps required.
----------Retaliation Policy----------
-100% Land:Land On all grabs; Retals end upon a Defense Held
-1:1 On all DHs (or reps if the damage is extreme or late in the set)
-3:1 On all specials (or reps if the damage is extreme or late in the set)
-Compounding 2:1 or 150% Land:Land On Retal on Retal or Over Retal (Whichever is more); Retals end upon a Defense Held with a minimum of 2:1 taken
-1:1 On Declaration of War, if and only if an attack is made while the declaration is in place.
-Unlimited Retaliations and/or Killing of the offending country may be discussed anytime after the 4th attack of any kind in a 24 hour period.
- During war times, any landgrab is retalled 1:1, or standard reps are sent, defenders choice or discusses by FR's.
- Specialized attacks, GS, BR, AB, missiles, and damaging spy ops are retalled 2:1 minimum or discusses by FR's.

----------Retaliation Time Window Policy----------
-FR contact is required for all attacks in a 24 hour period.
-The window during which retals will be performed shall be 48 hours from the time of the hit or after FR contact if required, unless otherwise agreed to by FR's

----------Responsibility Policy----------
- Countries may only perform 1 retal for hits that were incurred while untagged regardless of the number of hits received
- Alliances are responsible for a country's actions for 72 hours+Time in Vacation after it leaves the tag; Vacation is not counted toward the 72 hour responsibility time
- Alliances are required to assist in war if requested within 48 hours, unless relations with the target are, uNAP, LDP, or FDP.

----------Reparations Policy----------
-Standard reps formula is: ((75*number of week into the reset)*(lost acres*1.2)). Units are in tanks.
-200% Land:Land negates any lost production payable, as future production will be more. Special cases may still be discussed between representatives from both alliances.
-During times of war or 6 hour period of joining the allied tag reparations may be discussed in place of retaliations
-Alliances are responsible for compensation of lost production/future stockpile generation on losses greater than 2000 acres/buildings per individual country. Damages are to be repaid in the form of bushels and cash only. This clause only takes effect after the 1100th turn has been played by the defender. This clause only applies in cases where defending countries exceed 13,000 acres prior to the attack(s).

----------Good Competition and Practices Policy----------
-Any country found grabbing a country detagged within 24 hours of said country's alliance will be open for grabbing at a 30% L:L retal rate; Any attempt to add DR to detagging country before or after detag within 72 hours before detag will extend the timeframe to compensate DR time.
-Behaviour that displaces a country that will finish in the t10 by market manipulation (buyouts), direct foreign aid, tech leeches, or offensive leeches should be refrained from.
-24 hours notice of any tag change, or addition, notification must be via whatsapp, or email, and have a response back confirming.
-If a SoL country tag jumps into an alliance that you are at war with, SoL will kill it. If a country from your tag jumps into an alliance SoL is at war with, you will kill it.
----------Notes----------
*prices and formula are subject to change as game mechanic changes are announced.

Edited By: Getafix on Jun 29th 2023, 7:42:57
See Original Post

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2023, 14:33:33

Says 100%, what did I do now :(

I remember the 200% bs, Akula/TTM and I (think Steeps too) helped pay off a ridiculous amount a set and we adjusted the set after. If I havent smoked enough pot, KBomb was the suicider we adjusted terms over. But even then paying reps was better than circle jerking to bots.

Clan GDI sucks --Im on topic dont ban meh!
Catch me on ir c

Turtle Crawler Game profile

Jun 29th 2023, 14:40:50

That's an extremely high quality pact. It also obligates both parties to assist in war, contrary to what you said. It's not one sided at all. Every term appears to be written for a reasonable purpose which it targets directly and fairly, probably all based on experience.

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2023, 14:44:14

Originally posted by Shweezy:

I remember the 200% bs, Akula/TTM and I (think Steeps too) helped pay off a ridiculous amount a set and we adjusted the set after. If I havent smoked enough pot, KBomb was the suicider we adjusted terms over. But even then paying reps was better than circle jerking to bots.

No idea what Getafix is smoking when he says it was 200% l:l
Don of LaF

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2023, 14:49:51

Good morning TC. I love the smell of napalm in the morning, don't you?

The great escape clause for LaF is this:

- Alliances are required to assist in war if requested within 48 hours, unless relations with the target are, uNAP, LDP, or FDP.

By having a pact with all of us over the last few years, Mercs, SoF and SoL, LaF was able to avoid ever backing anyone up, even though our pact was called a "Full Defense Pact". Its a sham, with no obligation to be our friends and allies at all.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2023, 14:55:32

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:
Originally posted by Shweezy:

No idea what Getafix is smoking when he says it was 200% l:l

I was simply quoting this line from our copy of the FDP with LaF that we agreed to every set going back several years in our records:

"----------Reparations Policy----------
-Standard reps formula is: ((75*number of week into the reset)*(lost acres*1.2)). Units are in tanks.
-200% Land:Land negates any lost production payable, as future production will be more. Special cases may still be discussed between representatives from both alliances."

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2023, 15:26:41

It doesn't matter if TC believes that the war has valid reasons, as he is not the arbiter of the game. He has the right to an opinion, but that is about it. He has delusions of grandeur to think his opinion means anything more.

We all came together for various justified reasons for war. We had a common enemy, and thus a coalition was formed. All fair in an open-world war game. I've never played with SOL, and they have some quality players.

LaF has also killed my past alliances off, but that is not the reason I wanted to war against LaF. I don't have to explain myself to anyone.

I feel satisfaction in our brief war that we won 2-1. For that, I am pretty happy. We did sign a 12-month pact which I told my leaders and Gains that I would uphold. I think these things should be worked out between players and not some weird mechanic. Maybe even just making a PvE alliance server? Anyway doesn't matter now...

I feel like this change goes a bit too far from the spirit of Earth:2025. I'm not mad but I'm not sure it's the game I _want_ to play. Alliance was supposed to be the war server after the heavy handed changes to the other servers (primary gdi for example).

The MO now is to farm bots who don't hit back with all jets and jump the last 5 minutes of the game with an oil destock? The bar has been lowered way too much if you ask me. It's no longer an actual competition but more of a test of endurance.

I am still waiting on Pang to clear your name TC, until then you're still the biggest cheat this game has ever had which says a lot given the whole RD situation in Earth:2025.

Jun 29th 2023, 17:30:14

Originally posted by Requiem:
I am still waiting on Pang to clear your name TC, until then you're still the biggest cheat this game has ever had which says a lot given the whole RD situation in Earth:2025.

Puts a smile on my face :)

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2023, 18:07:24

l

The actual smile:
https://imgur.com/a/v8NMi9M

Jun 29th 2023, 18:18:28

Originally posted by Coalie:
l

The actual smile:
https://imgur.com/a/v8NMi9M

That's actually a selfie I took on one of my better days

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 20:09:21

Originally posted by Turtle Crawler:

I am curious which part of that puts the smile on your face?

Jun 30th 2023, 21:27:51

I like being #1, there is something deeply satisfying about being the best, "the biggest cheat this have has ever had". It's like the ultimate badge of honor. Mentally it's on the same shelf as the one with the title "consummate asshole", but even with that I'm not the biggest asshole or the best. But with the title of the biggest cheater, that can't even be taken away from me, my exploits are simply unattainable and beyond what is possible for others to achieve.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2023, 23:54:20

wtg. If and when Clan GDI gets dropped, you will die.

Jul 1st 2023, 0:08:48

I like being #1, there is something deeply satisfying about being the best, "the biggest cheat this have has ever had". It's like the ultimate badge of honor. Mentally it's on the same shelf as the one with the title "consummate asshole", but even with that I'm not the biggest asshole or the best. But with the title of the biggest cheater, that can't even be taken away from me, my exploits are simply unattainable and beyond what is possible for others to achieve.

The biggest cheater that has been caught so far. Still a chance you finish in second.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2023, 0:39:16

Here is an idea to fix the game. Drop Clan GDI, we kill LaF, and all the honourable rule abiding players there, like SilentWolf, Mac23 and Whynot to name a few of those I think of as friends, you guys join the respected netting clans that are here like Evo and Omega. Or even demote Gerdler, Gainsboro and Turtle Crawler to recruits and make Mac23 leader. Then maybe we can negotiate again.

Then, we form pacts that don't penalize us for recruiting new people who might fluff up, and we come up with a strategy to retain all the people who visit here every set and try the game out. We can follow the terms of our pact that we agreed on at the end of last set and work towards a better rapport, less hate, and making the game more enjoyable.

And we can leave the game the way its always been and keep the conflict and drama, with a bit less hate.

Edited By: Getafix on Jul 1st 2023, 0:42:05
See Original Post

Jul 1st 2023, 1:05:03

Originally posted by a:

The biggest cheater that has been caught so far. Still a chance you finish in second.

Don't take it away from me! I've actually never been caught cheating. Everything I did that people didn't like was politics. But everything other people do gets credited to me regardless, so even if someone were to achieve something, I would still get the credit and remain #1

Edited By: Turtle Crawler on Jul 1st 2023, 1:07:59
See Original Post

Jul 1st 2023, 1:31:29

Here is an idea to fix the game. Drop Clan GDI, we kill LaF, and all the honourable rule abiding players there, like SilentWolf, Mac23 and Whynot to name a few of those I think of as friends, you guys join the respected netting clans that are here like Evo and Omega. Or even demote Gerdler, Gainsboro and Turtle Crawler to recruits and make Mac23 leader. Then maybe we can negotiate again.

Then, we form pacts that don't penalize us for recruiting new people who might fluff up, and we come up with a strategy to retain all the people who visit here every set and try the game out. We can follow the terms of our pact that we agreed on at the end of last set and work towards a better rapport, less hate, and making the game more enjoyable.

And we can leave the game the way its always been and keep the conflict and drama, with a bit less hate.

BTW, for the record, I don't hold any position in LaF, I'm not a leader, just a random guy posting. I can't technically be demoted.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2023, 1:34:24

Its too bad Qzjul doesn't use his God like powers to muzzle you.

Jul 1st 2023, 1:47:10

Outnetgain me straight up and I'll go back to never posting again. You can see my very low number of posts.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2023, 2:07:05

Express, next week.

Jul 1st 2023, 2:49:16

Express, next week.

I don't play express. How are you doing in alliance this reset?

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2023, 3:26:11

I'm wargaining on Alliance, as always. I have no interest in grabbing bots for two months, and prefer war.

If you are so great, play against me on Express. Just 5 days and we can do it right away.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2023, 3:44:06

Lame I was hoping for something more spicy. Now I'm bored.

Jul 1st 2023, 3:52:04

Lame I was hoping for something more spicy. Now I'm bored.

You were the entertainment! I had no idea I was a cheater until you said I was the biggest one ever. You can't take it back now though, it's mine forever :)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2023, 4:47:43

Sure you did. Pang said you were prob 10 years ago.

Jul 1st 2023, 15:11:18

Sure you did. Pang said you were prob 10 years ago.

They also said they had no evidence (which is true, as the logs did not have a record of me logging into the database or doing anything on the server, as I wasn't). It's nothing more than an accusation.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2023, 13:43:50

Express, next week.

I don't play express. How are you doing in alliance this reset?

😂

braden Game profile

Jul 12th 2023, 12:32:10

Originally posted by qzjul:
Originally posted by allbymyself87:
Free to join? No extra costs/expenses after joined?

Free currently. Wasn't sure how to integrate a cost in a meaningful way. Open to suggestions.

Maybe something like total land in tag times something divided evenly by all tagged countries? If i run in weedylar solo and have 27k acres maybe its 270k a turn expenses for no defense trade? Derrick joins me I have 20k and he has 40k for 60k x 10 600k so 300k per turn expense, kinda thing?

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 12th 2023, 17:17:35

Yeah great braden, lets wreck Team too

braden Game profile

Jul 12th 2023, 17:40:02

Team has clan gdi? I haven't been able to make a tag so I don't log into the country.

I meant my weedylar tag in alliance.

Oh getafix, I'm open recruiting for weedylar 1a.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 12th 2023, 20:30:33

Clan GDI has not yet been imposed on Team, just on 1a.

btw welcome back Braden, it's great to see you here again! I hope to see you around, though if Clan GDI is left in place, there will be no need for interaction in the game any more and I doubt I'll be around for long. Still hoping though

EE Patron

Jul 12th 2023, 23:18:55

btw welcome back Braden, it's great to see you here again! I hope to see you around, though if Clan GDI is left in place, there will be no need for interaction in the game any more and I doubt I'll be around for long. Still hoping though

Can always hope you get the fluff out.
Don of LaF

Jul 13th 2023, 0:22:25

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:

Can always hope you get the fluff out.

Temper temper.

BlackHole Game profile

Jul 13th 2023, 16:39:22

As someone whose not in LaF - the problem I see with this is you're seeking to punish one side (their side) while not having anything negative happen to your side, all in the name of unity and creating a better game.

If you really wanted a better game, you'd squash the beef, forgive and forget. Your idea is sound. Creating a pact that doesn't punish recruiting new players, and seek to develop the player base more. I think that's a wonderful idea. But to add to that the requirement for LaF to delete it's entire clan, or demote it's leaders, that's an ask that isn't fair.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 16th 2023, 17:02:26

I don't think I've ever muzzled anyone.
Finally did the signature thing.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 16th 2023, 17:32:51

Make a PvE server and leave 1a alone.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 16th 2023, 19:10:15

Originally posted by Oceana:
IS this Not a WAR GAME?

I mean, I would say it's a country game...
Finally did the signature thing.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 16th 2023, 19:34:35

Seems more like a welfare/free handout game as of late to be honest.

mdevol Game profile

Jul 19th 2023, 23:19:15

well, these people are from scandanavia/canada....
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

mdevol Game profile

Jul 19th 2023, 23:37:19

QZ, when does the retal window close for ClanGDI I see it says 72 hrs but does that reset for each party as the exchange hits?

If country A hits Country B and Country B retals 6x, is Country A then allowed to retal the retal? In theory exchanging hits within the 72 hr retal period for the rest of the reset?
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

mdevol Game profile

Jul 20th 2023, 20:31:58

Also, why is a country that is protected by free clanGDI still able to hit up/down at standard range and not the restricted NW range and having to declare war beyond that like a normie that pays for GDI is restricted to?

If we aren't gonna change the formula, can we change the name? It isn't GDI at all without restrictions on the countries that opt in, it's just a get out of war free button.

Prime

Jul 20th 2023, 21:52:14

I vote we call it one's Safe Space

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 20th 2023, 22:18:12

Opt out.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2023, 23:38:16

You lying piece of fluff Gerdler, signing our pact while setting up the destruction of the game because LaF are fluffing pussies. fluff you.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2023, 23:58:03

Also fluff him for training and goading a group of newbies to grief his competition over at Evo.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2023, 0:01:18

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Opt out.

You first.

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2023, 23:22:36

Originally posted by qzjul:
Originally posted by Oceana:
IS this Not a WAR GAME?

I mean, I would say it's a country game...

I started playing E2025 in '97 i think. I was playing in the randoms and one of my allies there invited me to play on the Alliance server in TIE's 2nd-ever set. I've been around a long time, and this is how I see it.

On the game's splash page Mehul ALWAYS promoted it as a strategy game, of which diplomacy, commerce, and war were all components of the overall goal of the game, to finish at the top in NW. On an alliance server ANW was the goal and declaring war usually meant you were forfeiting the opportunity for ANW in that particular set.

Wars were never meant to last set after set with the intention to drive an alliance and its players out of the game.

There are multiple clans here on the Alliance server now that were also here before the bots were introduced that have had no interest in winning through the only way this game measures winning - final ANW. They 'tired' of warring each other and found more pleasure in ruining the sets of those who prefer to net instead of war.

Seems that warring others that prefer to war didn't have the same thrill.

The conflict in these two playing styles is that a warmonger can always ruin a netter's set and prefers it to fighting another warmonger. A netting alliance cannot force a warmonger to net.

A warmonger disregards the original goal of the game - attaining a competitive NW - and they don't want to war others who want to war. They only care to ruin the gaming experience of those who want to net. That's what gives them thrills.

So who really has changed the game from what it was intended?
👽

Real Man

Jul 22nd 2023, 19:47:36

Cyref, go netgain on a solo server if you want solo player dynamics. What’s the point of having an alliance to solo style netgain on the alliance server ?