Verified:

tellarion Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 9:28:54

I agree. Take admin powers away from qz.

davidoss Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 9:30:43

Originally posted by tellarion:
If qz used the same reasoning to check a laf countries news and found that an evo country had done spy ops 3 minutes before set ends and told you, I suspect you'd be singing a different tune. Seems like the main reason you guys are crying foul is because Rockman got caught.

No one is denying that the move was a douchey move. That goes without saying. The bigger issue is the breach of privacy that has occurred here. The difference that En4cer is rightly trying to point out is that regardless of whether or not irregularities in the ending NW were brought to light, whether it be by an Evo or LaF country, the correct way to go about it would have been "Hmm, I've used my admin access to check your country news, and it appears that you were SRed thus you lost troops and NW". The matter should be put to bed there.

Where qzjul went wrong was that he didn't stop there. He also proceeded to find out not only 1) the country involved (despite all the ops obviously being SUCCESSFUL), 2) identified the player running the country, and 3) informing someone completely unrelated (and not a game admin to say the least) to this incident of the identity of the person who performed these ops. This is at least the second time now (that we know of at least - who's to know how many other times this has happened) that Evo members seem to have magically gotten information that can only be known to administrators (recall the LT incident?).

Another thing about this that actually enrages me is that when Hanlong previously used access he wasn't meant to have to gather information, he was pretty much burnt at the stake and LaF was made to suffer because of it. Granted, he wasn't meant to have that access. Now qzjul uses his access to inform Evo members of information that only an admin should know. Should Evo be subjected to the same treatment? It's a breach of privacy. Today it's this that has happened, who's to say that same access isn't going to abused tomorrow for more sensitive information? Food for thought.

Please note that I'm not trying to start a riot, but I'm simply pointing out the facts of the matter.

Rossoneri Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 9:30:48

Yeah, take admin powers away from qz. Better still, cut off his internet.
Rossoneri
Evolution Head of Internal Affairs

locket Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 9:35:37

I agree. Take admin powers away from qz.

No one has said that but if this is a regular occurrence or even if it isnt, it should not happen again. No one else has an admin who is going and finding out stuff they can't find out ingame. I personally HOPE and I do indeed doubt, that this is a regular occurrence, but it should simply be a never occurrence. If something is found out by an admin power it should not be transmitted to anyone except for Pang/Martian/Qz/Slagpit?.

Admins should simply say that there was not a bug and that everything happened as it should or something.

bertz Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 9:38:13

Originally posted by qzjul:

if you're interested qz. has a beta of news at /{server}/{round}/ranks/{cnum}/news

(ie /news after old status)

Read this locket.
Anyone can do what QZ did.

locket Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 9:40:28

Except that all the ops were successful and yet there is supposedly information floating around that isn't shown there.

tellarion Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 9:43:44

He didn't identify the player. He 'did' say the country number, and I already knew who the owner was. Comparing what hanlong did is lightyears beyond what qz did today.

locket Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 9:46:31

Ok well saying the country number is also giving out extra information. I don't think this is the same as Hanlong but it is the same sort of context and only QZ and those in Evo he may talk to know if there has been anything else said... I'd simply rather it not happen again in any shape or form.

tellarion Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 9:51:34

Agreed. I'd also simply rather not have someone do what just happened and there would be no cause for any of this to happen.

bertz Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 9:53:36

Well maybe Rockman wanted to ban special attacks at last day of the set too. I don't see any other reason to target QZ.

tellarion Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 9:54:11

Originally posted by En4cer85:
Look the problem is this, all you had to do was check why the nw loss occurred.

In doing that all you needed to do is see that it was from spy ops, you have taken it a step further and hunted down the offender which you are not meant to do as part of your mods code of ethics.

I lost 2.5m nw to the same spy ops (I was country #15) can you please look into the database and tell me who did it?

PS: You already knew who did the CDs to you.

locket Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 10:14:21

Agreed. I'd also simply rather not have someone do what just happened and there would be no cause for any of this to happen.

I was obviously referring to the admin info aspect but yes, it also goes for last minute douchebaggery. I'd have no complaint about changing GDI rules to stop attacks completely on the final day both in and out or something...

En4cer85

Feb 4th 2013, 10:29:49

All the ops on me were successful, I believe Tan put his hand up and claimed it however if he didn't I would not know who did it (even now I'm not totally convinced lol)

I'm not the best with a computer nor do I follow AT muc at all. Is it through those news feeds just opened up that people could see my pacting news?

locket Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 10:34:26

Apparently it is. If your profile is private it doesnt show but if it is not private you can see the regular in country news feed.

tellarion Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 10:37:44

En4, we could also see nw changes as well. You went down 11m, ingle went up 11m at the exact same time :P

En4cer85

Feb 4th 2013, 10:40:04

I'm aware of that tella :) that's a ok by me :p

I was just like wtf how can someone post up my pacting news :p

I've just been in the other thread and seen the link now and understand what's going on :P

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2013, 11:39:57

no one comes off well here:

qz for posting info he should not have been posting (or even using)
evo for defending qz by pointing at laf's actions as if it somehow absolves qz
laf for FAing a country to the top and SRing Evo countries, despite the fact that LaF members are usually the first people to cry about "griefing" when it gets brought up
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

locket Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 11:58:20

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:

laf for FAing a country to the top and SRing Evo countries, despite the fact that LaF members are usually the first people to cry about "griefing" when it gets brought up

Get out of here with your neutral posts that make sense >_<

diez Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 14:37:56

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:

I agree with all the above.

Btw, SR should be CD.

Son Goku Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 14:47:52

I guess this ends the old argument of admin abuse.

PS. FA is lame and I've been a long time proponent of FA and spy op news. An entire country news including market stuff is bullfluff though.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 15:03:17

Wait, isn't locket the same clown that was screaming in another thread to ban suiciders? What was your plan for figuring out who the suiciders are again?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

diez Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 15:04:27

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Look, no techer will be in t10 this reset unless FAed. :P

I guess I can now eat my words about no techers in top 10. Well, if PDM didn't get suicided, it would have been true!

You don't need to eat your own word...

http://qz.earthempires.com/...s/145/news?allnews=1&

grimjoww Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 15:16:52

lol Xinhuan... thats pretty funny ;p

Son Goku Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 15:25:58

He's very wise.

EVO|Rasp

Feb 4th 2013, 15:29:11

Originally posted by diez:
Look, no techer will be in t10 this reset unless FAed. :P

I guess I can now eat my words about no techers in top 10. Well, if PDM didn't get suicided, it would have been true!

You don't need to eat your own word...

Zing!!

Iamminghui Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 15:56:00

Bazinga! +1 to EE's effort towards transparency..

Over The Hill Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 16:45:44

Oh yeah! Now I can show I won last reset without FA!

:)

-------------------------------------------
Xinhuan's country News on the Alliance Server

Nineteenth round: Dec 05, 2012 - Feb 03, 2013

15.5 hours ago
You received a foreign aid package from Eug cried The Cloaked beat Lymz (#44). It contained:
6,330,146 Troops
5,892,269 Jets
5,592,134 Turrets
2,145,742 Tanks
$212,810,029

You have no problem receiving FA to get to the top 10 spot this reset and you want us to believe you never received FA last reset Xinhuan?

Edited By: Over The Hill on Feb 4th 2013, 17:40:31
See Original Post

crest23 Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 17:04:49

Busted.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Magellaan Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 17:26:55

Oh but thats this set right.
He didn't get FAd last set, unless I missed it in his news. Was more looking at how he stocked/destocked :P
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 17:39:52

Originally posted by Son Goku:
I guess this ends the old argument of admin abuse.

PS. FA is lame and I've been a long time proponent of FA and spy op news. An entire country news including market stuff is bullfluff though.

That information won't matter much after a reset ends. All it will do is drum up threads like this one and others.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

En4cer85

Feb 4th 2013, 17:42:52

Btw I aided ingle as he wasn't tech fed by Laf like countries that were finishing above him. Different kind of team work.

(Btw I'm not a fan of FA in this game either lol)

Son Goku Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 17:46:38

Originally posted by Over The Hill:

15.5 hours ago
You received a foreign aid package from Eug cried The Cloaked beat Lymz (#44). It contained:
6,330,146 Troops
5,892,269 Jets
5,592,134 Turrets
2,145,742 Tanks
$212,810,029

You have no problem receiving FA to get to the top 10 spot this reset and you want us to believe you never received FA last reset Xinhuan?

I don't think he would have any problem having someone verify he didn't receive aid.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2013, 18:22:14

Originally posted by Son Goku:
Originally posted by Over The Hill:

15.5 hours ago
6,330,146 Troops
5,892,269 Jets
5,592,134 Turrets
2,145,742 Tanks
$212,810,029

I don't think he would have any problem having someone verify he didn't receive aid.
http://qz.earthempires.com/...s/451/news?allnews=1& no aid, too lazy to check for buyouts

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

euglaf Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 19:33:22

Or you people can stop stroking xin's fluff and stop posting about his country.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 19:39:33

Xin sure likes standing orders for 5 trillion bushels=)

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 4th 2013, 21:07:59

I was planning to make it more transparent post-reset with regards to who did successful ops as well. Once the game is done, I think basically all information should be available.

As for whether or not it was bad judgement to reveal what country did it -- possibly; it *was* post reset though, that information doesn't really help anyone -- had it been an ongoing reset I obviously wouldn't have revealed anything, but I don't really see how past-reset stuff is relevant to ongoing game play.

Plus to determine whether or not I was targeted in my capacity as an admin or as a player I'd need to ask around a bit.

Increasing transparency is probably better for the game anyway, so I'll try to ensure others can get the information here post-reset anyway.
Finally did the signature thing.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 21:10:56

I want video evidence of Xin playing every single one of his turns last set or I don't believe he didn't cheat...

crest23 Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 21:16:05

Good move qz, looks like we will be expecting good things soon.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2013, 21:27:54

I was planning to make it more transparent post-reset with regards to who did successful ops as well. Once the game is done, I think basically all information should be available.

As for whether or not it was bad judgement to reveal what country did it -- possibly; it *was* post reset though, that information doesn't really help anyone -- had it been an ongoing reset I obviously wouldn't have revealed anything, but I don't really see how past-reset stuff is relevant to ongoing game play.

Plus to determine whether or not I was targeted in my capacity as an admin or as a player I'd need to ask around a bit.

Increasing transparency is probably better for the game anyway, so I'll try to ensure others can get the information here post-reset anyway.
Increasing transparency = good
"Selectively" leaking the bad habits of your biggest competitor netting-wise = bad
The info doesn't help anyone but the fact that it was released just out of the blue and right after your biggest competitor just placed a country above yours is questionable. As was letting it be know that it was Rockman who CDed your country.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 4th 2013, 21:34:03

Heh I didn't know it was Rockman who did it; i just ended up with a country number.

locket Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 21:42:23

Uhh how does it not affect ongoing gameplay? Lets say the situation was reversed and Pang who vaguely played in Laf this set was suicided and he told us after the set that it was some Evo member. That affects politics bigtime. Just because it doesnt affect the ingame anymore does not mean it has no affect on the stuff that ends up making the ingame what it is.

Are you revealing info on a regular basis like this or was it just this time?

As an admin I think you should never reveal anything that can't be figured out by me or Tella or any other regular member. You should simply say stuff is working as it should or somesuch.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 4th 2013, 21:47:02

I don't reveal stuff from ongoing sets, obviously.

And tbh I think this is the first time any past-resets stuff has come up. Usually it's pretty obvious.

diez Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 22:10:32

Rockman didn't fail any ops, even though that was a fluff move, he shouldn't have been found out as successful ops would be very hard to track. Even though what you got was a country number, you shouldn't have found out who did it in the first place.

I think any admin(s) should let the other admin check anything related to their own countries.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 4th 2013, 22:15:46

I didn't actually think anybody had CD'd me; I haven't given anybody reason to do that, and it didn't occur to me that it was an option.

I checked because I'd been using the mobile version of my dev site (which i never do, but i'm out of town) and thought I'd somehow I'd b0rked myself via my dev (mobile) site. Like accidentally recalling my goods, 3 turns of running could have hurt.

diez Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 22:41:20

Originally posted by euglaf:
Or you people can stop stroking xin's fluff and stop posting about his country.

dude, I was just telling Xinhuan that he was correct, yet again.

It was just by chance that in the top 10, his own country was the techer that receives FA, therefore making his prophecy correct.

That's why his country was the one I posted here as proof...

Edited By: diez on Feb 4th 2013, 22:43:37
See Original Post

Son Goku Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 22:45:09

Once you found out how did it become public knowledge?

locket Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 22:46:38

Well QZ, perhaps since it does appear that it was not malicious or anything for the most part, there should be a new rule like Diez said. Ask another admin to check your country and maybe Evo countries too just to avoid this situation completely (Same goes for whatever alliance or country other admin level players are playing). That is assuming of course that it is logical to do so. If Pang or whoever else would check is on holiday for a week then it would be stupid to leave potential issues sitting.

Trife Game profile

Feb 4th 2013, 22:53:53

wow, lol really?

remember what happened last time when a game mod used/accessed/shared information that nobody else had access too?

ahahahaha

tellarion Game profile

Feb 5th 2013, 1:42:36

Qz posted saying that #102 cd'd him. I already knew exactly who played that country.

Trife, the circumstances are a little bit different here...

locket Game profile

Feb 5th 2013, 1:57:24

A bit different does not mean that it should happen. I hope rules are put in place for it in the future.