Verified:

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 30th 2010, 12:11:38

rofl. AT bans are so stupid.

'Hmmm.... Cant defend my alliace's actions... What will i do? Oh yea! AT ban!!!'
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

ibujke Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 12:11:43

Yeah Maki, go away. AT ban still in effect. <3

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 30th 2010, 12:12:57

:P <3 bujke.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 12:40:46

serious question:

Why does a Laf member playing untagged deserve more of a chance than a random untagged player?

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 30th 2010, 12:57:51

yep, its stupid
-iZarcon
EE Developer

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Nov 30th 2010, 14:28:47

My heart goes out to the familys who lived in that untagged country that FAed SOL's enemies, especially during a time of holiday celebrations.

Poor souls getting caught in the cross-fire from poor management from its country's leader. They didnt even get a chance to finish digesting there turkey dinner.

Edited By: LittleItaly on Nov 30th 2010, 14:31:21
See Original Post
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 14:39:42

after reading TTM posts I think its completely legitimate what SOL did...A research alliance especially is basically a form of indirect FA!

spawn Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 14:50:00

Originally posted by Dragonlance:
serious question:

Why does a Laf member playing untagged deserve more of a chance than a random untagged player?

why would a harmless untagged player be killed for no reason?
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Armadillo Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 15:01:17

1st I didn't send FA or recive FA from anyone the whole set (even though I was both asked and offered).

2nd Sol never even came and talked to me about droping pacts, a sof head (who was policing for sol in the laf war) came to me and said they were already asked to kill my countrie cause I had pacts with allainces at war with sol. I told them I would switch out pacts as soon as I could find replacements for the ones I had (then made posts on this board asking for them). I didn't bother switching my intel pacts with dead laf countries cause it wasn't helping those countries anyway.

3rd to DL's question my country had the same chance as netting as every one else in here who tries, they probly have 1 alliance they can talk into not hit them (even though I did get grabed 5 times by laf this set). I just ran a better country then you could and people learned to not mess with it. As long as I didn't do anything to the point that makes an alliance want to kill it there should be no issue and I didn't, sol is just being full of BS.

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 15:19:04

Originally posted by Armadillo:
I told them I would switch out pacts as soon as I could find replacements for the ones I had (then made posts on this board asking for them).

End of thread, ruling: SOL justified.

Makinso Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 15:23:24

And Armadillo some of those countries that kept their pacts with you were definitly still alive. I compared your ally request thread on the forums to our ally ops and the dates we killed those countries pacted 2 you on :)

iXenomorph Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 21:36:41

At least it was an honorable death!
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

locket Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 22:37:12

jesus he didnt send FA and you could have fond that out easily had you cared. He got rid of hi pacts when he found new ones, and IF he had living intel allies with laf is the fact that he increased 2 of our countries spal from the fluffty levels we had to slightly less fluffty really a reason to kill him?

And yes DL the guy who farms alliances after war, he got the same shot a normal untagged gets.

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 23:11:18

Arma was allied to me.. He never sent FA and dropped both def and res as soon as he found replacements.

Pain Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 23:40:35

now heres a better question. what if it was say, an SoF country allied to those players. would you guys have gone off and killed that country if it was in this wxact situation?

yea thought so.
Your mother is a nice woman

Scorba Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 23:41:32

Whether he was FAing or not was always debatable but he was warned and chose to ignore the warning. Also, even if he wasn't FAing directly, he kept a Res pact with a living LaF until it was one of the last LaF originals killed. Free tech is still a form of support.

If you don't want to be considered involved in a war, don't be connected to it at all. My only regret in this case is that we were interrupted from killing it far earlier.

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 23:52:11

Originally posted by Scorba:
Whether he was FAing or not was always debatable but he was warned and chose to ignore the warning. Also, even if he wasn't FAing directly, he kept a Res pact with a living LaF until it was one of the last LaF originals killed. Free tech is still a form of support.

If you don't want to be considered involved in a war, don't be connected to it at all. My only regret in this case is that we were interrupted from killing it far earlier.

So, you kill what you consider a 'supporter' of your enemy during the war that ended a while ago. Being that that country supported LaF during war, and by extension belonged to LaF, can I use your train of logic and say that the ceasefire with LaF is over?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Steeps Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 0:11:08

No, we've only just had the opportunity to kill it, if it was tagged LaF after the CF it wouldn't have been killed.

Makinso Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 0:13:29

Pain.

SoF would make sure it dropped the pacts. Or handle it themselves :).

dagga Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 2:50:09

It was also allied to a PDM country while we fought PDM.

Anyone else notice the irony of that retard Pangaea attacking SOL over this, while his bunch of hypocrites have attacked untagged countries 4,000 times this reset.

Those stats are almost better than their stats against SOL.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Dragonlance Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 3:14:48

locket:so let me get this straight...

All the triple taps made on elysium by laf are not farming, but 1 triple tap by 1 rager is rage farming laf after war?

uhhhhhh............i would suggest possibly some psychiatric treatment for yourself good sir, you clearly need it:p

Armadillo: If you accept that, then you should accept SoL killed you for the choices as an untag you made by allying with laf tagged country and becoming involved in alliance politics.

I'd suggest run as an untag next set, but properly research any alliances you wish to hold and ensure those alliances won't place your untag in undue danger. This is of course if you truly ARE actually attempting to run as a proper untag and not a laf member untagged ;-)

dagga Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 3:26:08

Dragonlance - good distinction. If you want the 'glory' of running an untagged country in Alliance server, don't pact your buddies or get tag protection from your old alliance.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

locket Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 5:20:49

DL 4 hits on an alliance that warred that set and I am quite certain you pacted at some point before that war started by a leader sure looks great.

And he didnt ally with the laf tag country after the war started. He was allied. Sof asked him to get rid of it. He found new allies as quick as he could while not sending FA which is quite easy to see when the country size gets to a certain size unless he chose to send tiny amounts, and then got rid of the laf allies. If Sol wanted to kill him for "being part of the laf war" then kill him during the war.

And he allied PDM? Oh noes! He found a good country there before your war started and allied it. Shocking. Bad untagged! BAD!

Lastly, 4000 hits on untagged that they are allowed to retal is better than killing one because it is research allied to someone you dont like. Or was anyways.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 1st 2010, 5:25:57

I did a quick check, and LaF's made well under 4000 hits...

if you don't include war-related hits, that number drops significantly.

this isn't a debate about LaF's untagged policies though, this is a discussion as to whether it's ridiculous to kill an untagged country who did basically nothing to help a war effort that ended 3 weeks ago.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Dragonlance Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 5:29:00

i was responding to the fact that you called those hits "Farming" after previously claiming that the hits you previously made on ely were "not farming".

This is hypocritical, and thus everything else you say must also be called into question.

I was not referring to whether it was right or wrong for the rager to make those hits ;-)

iXenomorph Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 5:46:09

Originally posted by Pang:
I did a quick check, and LaF's made well under 4000 hits...

if you don't include war-related hits, that number drops significantly.

this isn't a debate about LaF's untagged policies though, this is a discussion as to whether it's ridiculous to kill an untagged country who did basically nothing to help a war effort that ended 3 weeks ago.

QFFT :)
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 1st 2010, 6:16:16

I think we can all move on from the LaF/Ely stuff

they're in ICN now, so it's all over :p
the issues LaF had with Ely were more political based than they were "OMG WE WANT LAND" based, IMO...

we wish ICN and Ely (and Neo) the best of luck in their new partnership.

As for the Arma issue -> he in no way overtly helped our war effort, so to claim that he was doing it & being a part of our war is just inaccurate. If you want to try to nail him for a technicality, that's between SoL and him, but he did not help LaF in our war. I wish he had tagged up and seeing the result now I'm expecting Arma wished he had as well.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Thunder Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 7:10:00

*puts on devil's horns*

Okay..DA here....Armadillo...you're running untagged...how about you go and get some protection...with some D-Pacts...oh wait...you couldn't secure any being one country? damn...thats hot. "try again next set"
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 1st 2010, 7:22:01

ummm
D pacts don't help against BR's.

"try again next post" :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

locket Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 20:45:51

and sol didnt allow him to have pacts ;) they now decide who is allowed to pact whom

Mr. Lime Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 20:51:58

as this could have been avoided if he had pact'd straight RD....just saying =D

we are the nicest bunch of players there could possibly be...with our live let live attitude and gracious FA responses i don't see how anybody could not love us

love days i can start drinking by noon

locket Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 23:07:33

Im assuming thats everyone but ford and anyoe else on team server? ;)

Mr. Lime Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 23:57:35

nope ford is welcome to join...and we get along with almost everybody on the team server =D

Hellrush Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 0:31:11

Originally posted by Mr. Lime:

we are the nicest bunch of players there could possibly be...with our live let live attitude and gracious FA responses i don't see how anybody could not love us

Say that to the 1000 countries you killed for 1 LG on you back in Earth 2025. Your far from the nicest bunch here. I still cant believe no one warred you this set. Even more so after the War of 2004. If i had a clan in alliance myself RD would be burning every set until it leaves Alliance sever.

P.S. This post comes from the office of Hellrush and in no way reflects on SoL or any of SoLs allies.

Edited By: Hellrush on Dec 2nd 2010, 0:33:15
See Original Post

locket Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 3:51:07

Lime Sol is clearly stating they want to fight! ;)

Mr. Lime Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 4:45:03

oh clearly... hellrush shooo this thread is for adults only

Spaced Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 6:44:01

DEATH TO SOL GLORY TO UNTAGS

I will be policing for untaged countries. please set them toio DNH as they are at war with sol.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2010, 7:35:17

lame

id even forgotten about armadillos country, laf was FAing one country a little bit to maybe get to rank 1 then drop net, i actually wanted us to suicide our own country out of t10, self delete might have been fun instead, i guess pang offered to send FA to armadillo for lol's but he wanted to go for a 'legit' finish of some kind

i dont know how much stock armadillo had left but he looked like getting a t100, which isnt bad for untagged (on a side topic some people want to have bot countries going for t100 spots which is similar), he lost 7k acres to grabs so obviously didnt have a reset where everyone left him alone

but on the topic of killing:

1) it would have been better for laf to have armadillo tag and dump stock and die saving someone else, possibly even offline break
2) i can see an argument for tech/defence/intel help but it wasnt a lot, there was some sort of intent to minimise it
3) if armadillo was mass aiding he would have gotten farmed a lot more than he did and finished worse than he was going to, so if any aid was sent it was obviously not a full effort
4) sof went to war a long time after sol/laf did and could have easily 'policed' armadillo at the time if it was a huge issue
5) if armadillo has tagged laf after the war sol wouldnt have killed him
6) sol didnt kill him straight after the war when it was the freshest offence but waited until dealing with pdm and imagnum
7) sol didnt kill him after pdm/imagnum were defanged but waited until just before the end of the set when armadillo was probably on track for t100

it just feels like a 'we were bored' 'it was fun' 'we wanted payback' thing to do with a war that was over weeks previously and sol won

sb Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 14:25:00

The reasons is kind of lame though . If like what they said that Arma is pacted to us and pdm and that is why he died, what about me ? I am pacted to pdm and Thunder when you were warring but how come I am still alive? . Guess enshula guess the real motive. " we are bored "

Steeps Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 18:00:41

Originally posted by enshula:
stuff...

4) it was given time to "drop pacts", not "find new pacts", unfortunately sof went to war before it was enforced.
5) true.
6) PDM FS'ed us, and we FS'ed imag as soon as we could be prepared after the PDM war. Adding in an untagged that would take half the breakers out was not the best strategy.
7) We're not CF'ed with Imag, so technically still at war, however our breakers had just over a day to restock to hit it.

sb - it died because it was caught, asked and refused. It would have happened sooner if PDM didn't FS us, and would have happened sooner if we didn't need to save resources for imag.

Mr Midnight

Dec 2nd 2010, 18:23:23

Originally posted by Hellrush:

Say that to the 1000 countries you killed for 1 LG on you back in Earth 2025. Your far from the nicest bunch here. I still cant believe no one warred you this set. Even more so after the War of 2004. If i had a clan in alliance myself RD would be burning every set until it leaves Alliance sever.

P.S. This post comes from the office of Hellrush and in no way reflects on SoL or any of SoLs allies.

uhhh ... Correct me if I am wrong but

isnt this 2010

and isnt this a new game called Earth Empires ?

so your post above contains 0 relevant comments about RD

try again

oh, and nice of you to think about driving more players from the game ... i'm sure the admins of this game just LOVE people threatening such things

ponderer Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 18:26:52

Originally posted by Steeps:
stuff...

4) it was given time to "drop pacts", not "find new pacts", unfortunately sof went to war before it was enforced.
6) PDM FS'ed us, and we FS'ed imag as soon as we could be prepared after the PDM war. Adding in an untagged that would take half the breakers out was not the best strategy.

4) According to Armadillo (and not challenged by SOL or SoF) he was informed by SoF that he needed to drop his LaF allies at some point after the war had started and SoF allowed him to keep them until he could find replacements. According to Armadillo, he immediately posted of AT. The post was made on 10/28. SoF did get hit by NA until 11/2, or 5 days after SoF contacted Armadillo, and 9 days after the SOL LaF war started. That's plenty of time for SoF to kill him if SOL asked them to.

6) SOL ceased fire on LaF on 11/6. PDM didn't hit SOL until 11/9. Again, plenty of time to take out #242. From experience running a war, it is very easy to run the regularly scheduled war chat to cleanup any "messes" left over from the war.

I think the real reason is SOL did not like seeing a country run by a member of the alliance that FS'd them potentially finishing above their highest rankers, and potentially tagging up as LaF at the very last moment. Quite frankly, I see that as a valid reason for taking 242 out.

However, the explanations I have seen of this thread from SOL's membership and leaders make my bs detector dance.

P.S.: To paraphrase hellrush, this post comes from the rear orifice of ponderer and in no way reflects on Omega or any of Omega's allies.
m0m0rific

Steeps Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 18:39:21

4) I have the alliance spyops in front of me, if the police thought it would be nice to give it time to find new pacts before killing it then fine, but surely 5 days is more than enough to find new pacts or at least drop your current ones?

6) on 11/6 #242 was already twice the size of SoL's breakers, so licking wounds, stocking up and making sure you're prepared to hit was a priority. Now from my experience of being in wars you need 72 hours to get turns stacked and countries patched before moving on, yes it was just one country but it was one that would need a lot of resources to take down if it was to come online. If you're going to do something, at least do it properly.

Now you're just sprouting more rubbish about NW, we're not netters. We've already said why it died. There's a lot of LaF already ahead of SoL if you look at the ANW's. We don't care.

At least you've admitted your post comes out of your lovehole.

Armadillo Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 18:55:33

One point that people are missing is SOL NEVER CONTACTED ME ABOUT ANY OF THIS.

not once did anyone from sol contact me at any point in this set before they killed my country. They never talked to me about droping pacts or any anything. Thus my question at the start, SOL WTF.

The only contact I had was from a SOF leader (don't remeber who it was cause they contacted me ingame and can't check those messages anymore) who stated sol already contacted them as their police and wanted my country killed.

Also there are pleanty of wars where people leave there restarts untaged for a while for growth, people policing haven't every killed those before. This was sol board and nothing more and anyone else saying something else is compleat and utter BS.

gwagers Game profile

Dec 3rd 2010, 0:05:14

Originally posted by Mr Midnight:

isnt this 2010

Well, you got the year right. But the argument that this is a new game still does not hold water, either in goals or politics. Please quit trying to use that argument; other than a new label, this is the same game we were playing before. That's the reason we're here, isn't it?
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 3rd 2010, 0:08:12

Originally posted by Mr Midnight:
Originally posted by Hellrush:

isnt this 2010

so your post above contains 0 relevant comments about RD

try again

oh, and nice of you to think about driving more players from the game ... i'm sure the admins of this game just LOVE people threatening such things

same fluff, different server...

Edited By: Dibs Ludicrous on Dec 3rd 2010, 0:11:40. Reason: found my fluff.
See Original Post
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Steeps Game profile

Dec 3rd 2010, 1:12:31

Originally posted by Armadillo:
One point that people are missing is SOL NEVER CONTACTED ME ABOUT ANY OF THIS.

not once did anyone from sol contact me at any point in this set before they killed my country. They never talked to me about droping pacts or any anything. Thus my question at the start, SOL WTF.

The only contact I had was from a SOF leader (don't remeber who it was cause they contacted me ingame and can't check those messages anymore) who stated sol already contacted them as their police and wanted my country killed.

Also there are pleanty of wars where people leave there restarts untaged for a while for growth, people policing haven't every killed those before. This was sol board and nothing more and anyone else saying something else is compleat and utter BS.

In the style of Office Space.

"Hi, ummmm yeah we've noticed you're pacted to laf, if you could cancel those pacts that would be super. Thanks"

"Yeah hi, I see those laf pacts are still there, if you could drop them soon that would be great"

"Hi there. Those laf pacts still need to be dropped ummmm if you could let us know when you've changed them that would be fantastic."

Why beat around the bush? You came on here on the 28th asking for new pacts so you clearly knew what was going to happen if you didn't and 5 days on still had some. LaF hit us because they thought we were going to hit them this reset, if they thought that why didn't they FS us OOP? PDM thought we were going to hit them because we caught them FAing LaF restarts, so why did they wait 3 days after the LaF CS to hit? Chose your moment when you think you are in the best position to get the job done, and unfortunately it took us this long to feel confident enough to do it swiftly after 3 wars.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 3rd 2010, 3:12:51

Originally posted by Steeps:

LaF hit us because they thought we were going to hit them this reset, if they thought that why didn't they FS us OOP? ...... Chose your moment when you think you are in the best position to get the job done, and unfortunately it took us this long to feel confident enough to do it swiftly after 3 wars.

LaF would have been happy with a pact with sol, even some sort of formalised 'some grabs are ok but we wont war without xyz type reasons' pact would have been nice.

But after the previous sets 'were dropping you as defence pacts but dont worry were still friends' thing we were paranoid about being hit. Perhaps wrongly so, but if SoL didnt want to war LaF it would have been easy to avoid.

I was posting at the time the war started that you had a choice between either LaF/NA/agroup to war. And i think we either heard you pacted NA or SoF decided to war NA. Then later on everyone found out SoF gave NA an ultimatium to FS before X date. I think delaying their plans because of PR/fun/fairness reasons.

LaF doesnt particularly enjoy super long wars, revenge wars, and had already been in war until the end of the previous set. We also had a numbers disadvantage meaning an OOP war would only server to keep sol from maybe growing very large. Even if we drastically outperformed early killing 100k nw countries doesnt kill a lot more used turns than it takes to kill. And doesnt take long to get back in humanitarian and even breaking range for countries that do die. An OOP war would have been the worst idea.

Since we would have preferred a shorter war, probably starting week 5 or even 6 to minimise numbers advantage it became a question of hitting before we thought sol were ready or waiting until later and possibly getting hit first. Since being FS'd went badly for us the previous set and we felt we were the target we hit first. SoL'ers have said they had lower than max turns, i think said they were 1 day from being ready, possibly meaning spending stock, but from our perspective the FS alert message bot meant we didnt gain too much. Another time we could have struck was after SoL techers switched to farmer, or during the process, or before, but at that point your stocks would have been a lot bigger than ours and the war a lot longer. Plus we were waiting until we felt we had to war, not planning a revenge war from the getgo.

Edited By: enshula on Dec 3rd 2010, 3:29:02
See Original Post

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 3rd 2010, 3:13:21

sorry forgot to cut down quote, editing

Steeps Game profile

Dec 3rd 2010, 3:46:09

stuff...

Exactly, LaF chose their point based on threat level, current stat and status of the enemy, just like PDM did, and what we did with imag. #242 was always on our list to die from the LaF war but we had to make sure it was at a time it would not affect any other performances. Just because we didn't update it every few days "you're going to die" doesn't mean we weren't going to kill it. If we'd have said "we're killing you after we've dealt with PDM" it would have prepped otherwise causing an even bigger headache, or tagged preventing itself from dying.

We're not a fan of very long wars, or oop wars, which laf could see from their intel if they waited longer we'd be more prepped. You chose your point to hit when it's best for yourselves and best to defeat the enemy, so thanks for backing that up enshula.