Verified:

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2010, 13:17:20

That's probably the next server war angel.

New players/alliances vs the earth2025 guard.

Personally,
for the good of the game, the earth2025 guard will need to lose that war. The war will happen, b/c we will resist their change, as an entrenched community.

and they'll "ruin it"

which will be a perfectly good thing for the game in the long run:)

I hope we get 1k new players that can make this post happen.
Z is #1

Angel1 Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 14:09:50

I don't know Servant, the new players might be well disposed to insert themselves into some older alliances. You could very well see the old guard split along the dividing lines.

I suppose it depends on what kind of changes the new players want to make. With new players, older alliances will have the opportunity to actually start pushing their agendas again. Granted the new players will change the agendas to a certain extent, but there is a definitive instinct among certain alliances to work with and against particular alliances.

I really think that we're seeing enough changes in retal policy and other such matters to divide the old guard when the new players come in.
-Angel1

joe2 Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 14:10:54

Foog, arbitrary they may be but would you rather go on something that will make you alliance look worse? Like kill/country ratio, or HPD and HPK? Maybe Total NW? I think until we have some surefire way to judge wars then the best way to determine it would be a tagkill, which Imag would have been tagkilled had their remaining guys been non threats. PDM was the only alliance left with truly decent countries to do much

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 12th 2010, 0:13:53

It depends on how many new allainces start,

ala an MD, Omega, SOF LCN

all these new alliances came in around the same time, 2-3 resets of each other, and you had the original rock anti rock wars...

IF enough new allainces start with mostly new players my scenario plays outm
but if the new players go to established alliances, I think you are right.
Z is #1

ponderer Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 1:58:42

Originally posted by Servant:
It depends on how many new allainces start,

ala an MD, Omega, SOF LCN

all these new alliances came in around the same time, 2-3 resets of each other, and you had the original rock anti rock wars...

IF enough new allainces start with mostly new players my scenario plays outm
but if the new players go to established alliances, I think you are right.

With the exception of MD, all of those alliances were made up of experianced players and started at a time when strategy and the concepts required to run a cohesive alliance were becoming public.

MD might be a good model, because they learned the game for a reset before setting out on their own, and because they had a tight knit core from another game. That could definitely happen again, but I see the old guard attracting the new players because of their knowlege of strategy, and more importantly, their databases and forums, especially if boxcar goes offline and none of the alliances with sites open up to the public.
m0m0rific

Angel1 Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 3:10:29

I really think that the game is ripe for a major eruption when new players start coming in. Recruit several, train them, and send them to the front line.

The powder kegs are sitting way to close to the canons. Eventually the whole thing is going to blow up.

Specifically:

-Retal policies - there are several different versions running around now...this will lead to wars if "slighted" alliances gain the numbers to begin counter-enforcement efforts.

-Aggressive Landgrabbing - new players will be more likely to landgrab aggressively and alliances with restored numbers might well decide that seeing 15 retal threads concerning one alliance justifies a war against said alliance.

-Grudges - several alliances have been hit for no reason. With additional members you might well expect to see some declarations just because they could.

If/when this game can be played from Facebook, expect a few world wars.
-Angel1

Dragonlance Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 3:15:29

i can't wait.

dagga Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 3:56:09

I think you're living in a pipe dream if you feel that Facebook will be the saviour.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Dragonlance Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 5:16:53

i've been living the dream about the Dragon's winning the premiership for alot longer and that came true...

*holds desperatly to the dream*

Angel1 Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 11:57:26

I'm with Dragonlance, I prefer my dream, so I'll keep living the dream and clinging desparetly to it.
-Angel1

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 12th 2010, 15:24:49

I would argue the point of LCN being an "experienced" alliance.

Yes, Castejon started LCN. Just as he had helped start Omega,but He didn't really stay around much or do much. Other than recruit an incredibly stubborn group of people, with a lot of potential. Which ironically describes LCN every reset till this day heh.

The core of LCN had 0 1a experience its first reset, except for Caste. Ravi, Assassin, Brink, Elvis, Harry, Marley, Mad Hatter (he may have had some 1a experience), I joined a few weeks into it, in what was either my first or 2nd 1a reset. And a few others, but that was your core, though I'm missing a few.

Some experienced people did come in later...Eddy, archmage and others come to mind. But they were't an all start group coming to 1a like Omega was, or a split off like SOF was.

These were no name stubborn never give up, had to fight to to get every pact b/c no one knew who we were, and grabbed us like newbies.

I really think LCN's start is one of the under-told stories of the game. I really hope one of the originals still there come and do a better job than I have of sharing this.

Edited By: Servant on Oct 13th 2010, 16:05:10
See Original Post
Z is #1

Shinigami Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 18:50:02

HOWDY KINGSTER

ponderer Game profile

Oct 13th 2010, 0:06:16

castejon was in UBN for a while before leaving to start Omega if memory serves.
m0m0rific

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 13th 2010, 2:28:10

That is what I'm saying, he was the only one with experience in 1a.

Everyone else was pulled from tourney/random games, and really didn't know too well what they were doing.
Z is #1

Shinigami Game profile

Oct 13th 2010, 3:09:18

Hey, sometimes that's all you need.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 13th 2010, 16:04:30

as long as there's enough stubborness:)
Z is #1

Devestation Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 6:06:11

Originally posted by Kingstar:
lol same old pang and maki!

Anyways yes im back, plaiying in imag this set with an old friend since i promised i would play in imag a few years ago before i retired the second time, but im back again cant stay away that long when you are entrenched in this game as long as i and others have been.

Whats up everybody good to see some familiar faces, devestation i cant believe you are still here, they havent kicked you outta here yet? :P

SF hit me up on icq or in irc at the imagnum channel.

Imma behavin.
(badly, but yeeeeeaaaah)