Verified:

Kingstar Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 0:36:56

Which alliance is the top dawg over here now? Have old grudges been carried over from the old game? i just stumbled upon this and decided to check it out. Curious as to how politics are here and if anythings changed besides the address and name.

And hello to all those that remember me and those i remember, ive seen a few familiar faces and a few faces that could use a paper bag.

Kingstar

ponderer Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 0:42:10

we all bow down to CWG, the last mega alliance in the game.
m0m0rific

Devestation Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 1:07:45

/me pies Kingstar

I have no idea anymore.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 9th 2010, 1:50:48

hmmmm well the main change was mainly that myself, pang and slagpit rewrote it ;) so it's in active development ;) heh
Finally did the signature thing.

kemo Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 1:51:16

collab owns all

except for richard nixon. we lookin to buy him
all praised to ra

snawdog Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 1:55:07

Paradigm rejects
ICQ 364553524
msn

SuperFly Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 3:38:43

Kingstar!!!!!!

come play with us on team server

archaic Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 3:40:20

Kingster!

run away as fast as you can - you have already been exposed

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Makinso Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 14:36:42

Making a top 3 here I would say

Netting:

1) Omega
2) Evo
3) LaF

Warring:

1) SOL
2) SoF
3) Collab

Those are probally top contenders out of the last year I think.

Thinking of coming back Kingsy?

If so http://SOL.ghqnet.com is the place for you ofc!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 9th 2010, 14:39:38

sol has 1 good war set and you claim they're the #1 fighters? :p
even after they got their asses handed to them the previous set by netters, because they weren't effectively able to blindside them for a change? :p

laf doesn't net for a set -- after winning TNW handly the previous set LaF netted, while fighting a war mind you, and only lost ANW simply because we wouldn't drop inactive members (lost by about 200k ANW or something small like that, the member we wanted to drop hadn't logged in for 20 days) and we're the third best netters now? :p

someone named makinso is biased.... on multiple things :p

Edited By: Pang on Oct 9th 2010, 14:48:51
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Makinso Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 14:56:13

I counted ANW above TNW for the netter set up.

Makinso Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 14:57:13

uhhmmm lol Pang.

SOL was FSing something whilest being in netting mode :-P knowing fully we would likely get ripped apart. Promises were made and kept.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 9th 2010, 15:08:14

yet you and your cronies attacked LaF so much for "sucking" because we weren't war prepped when we got hit.... and you're using the same reasoning now to defend SoL's poor performance? :p

you want to be the pot or the kettle?

as you know, I like being the pot :p
that happened a single set before you were blasting LaF for it :p

if you're going to do any kind of netting rankings, you should include t10, t100, ANW and TNW.... that's the holistic netting view. ANW only creates two different classes of netters -- big netters and small netters, and I don't think that's fair to either class. IMO a 65 member alliance who loses ANW by 200k to a 25 member alliance (who are good netters) after fighting a war and not detagging in-actives is a better performance than the 25 member alliance who won ANW (no offense evo :p)

it's like saying you give extra points to alliances who get to FS, or giving extra points to alliances who get kills -- even if they're killing restarts :p
I think your netting stats are very skewed, and you don't actually have a clue about what netting actually entails.... which aligns with SoL's values, it seems :p

Edited By: Pang on Oct 9th 2010, 15:10:41
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2010, 15:08:51

SoF as number 2 for war?

lmao. SoF has beat ICN when they had the FS, but other than that when was the last time they won without calling in allies/having a massive numbers advantage?

As far as your promises to iMag, Makinso, didn't you basically ok the LCN and Fist plan the set before we hit iMag? Kinda takes away the "we were unprepared and netting" excuse, since you knew about a war, decided to net anyway and then used the netting as an excuse for what happened to you in the war.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 9th 2010, 15:11:29

ya, maki doesn't actually like try to be accurate very often anymore... just tries to spin it in a pro-SoL way :(
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Makinso Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 15:15:18

My netting stats are supposed to be skewed. What kind of SOL Commander would I be had I knew how to rank the netters properly ....

................ The best netter we ever had was Mickster.

*grins*

Makinso Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 15:15:59

And Smikke.

If you knew where I was during the set SOL got smeared. You would know I was not there for any of it ;)

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2010, 15:33:21

btw I should add that I'm not saying that SOL isn't a top 3 warring alliance ;)

Collab and SOL are up there. LaF and LCN would probably beat SoF in a 1vs1 though.

gwagers Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 15:46:09

Originally posted by smikke:
SoF as number 2 for war?

lmao. SoF has beat ICN when they had the FS, but other than that when was the last time they won without calling in allies/having a massive numbers advantage?

I seem to remember that the only way they "beat" ICN was by calling in help, too...
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

torment Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 16:58:44

maki is funny.

some of the other problems not yet mentioned.

Omega above evo in netting? omega is good, but not better than evo.

Collab 3rd best at warring? They are sitting at 28 members. NA, lcn & laf all have 10+ members. Seems sanct has an even bigger rd connection than laf.

PraetorNLS Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 17:51:29

I beat torment anyway
Praetor - disqualified from the human race for being three laps ahead in the second round.

mrford Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 17:52:34

alliances are pointless

mrford runs this fluff
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

henrik Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 18:46:43

*waves hello to kingstar* us omegans are just as weird as before ;)

I like makinso's rankings! :)

Junky Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 19:26:18

A good War clan always has a back up plan... don't hate.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Kingstar Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 19:46:46

lol same old pang and maki!

Anyways yes im back, plaiying in imag this set with an old friend since i promised i would play in imag a few years ago before i retired the second time, but im back again cant stay away that long when you are entrenched in this game as long as i and others have been.

Whats up everybody good to see some familiar faces, devestation i cant believe you are still here, they havent kicked you outta here yet? :P

SF hit me up on icq or in irc at the imagnum channel.

TAN Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 21:52:08

No love for pdm? :(
FREEEEEDOM!!!

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 21:56:35

Kingie!!

You better get yer sweet ass over to FFA, bish!

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2010, 22:04:30

Originally posted by gwagers:
SoF as number 2 for war?

I seem to remember that the only way they "beat" ICN was by calling in help, too...

talking about the time SoF FSed ICN. I know ICN won last set.

Thomas Game profile

Oct 9th 2010, 22:08:59

Originally posted by torment:
Collab 3rd best at warring? They are sitting at 28 members.

So? When's the last time we seriously warred an alliance that didn't have more members than us?

hellfish Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 4:24:01

kingstar!! nice to see you around again.

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 4:27:17

Holy fluff, Hellfish is still here too!?

I might have to start paying attention to this server again!

hellfish Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 4:32:11

lol yes i'm still here NOW3P, just been keeping a low profile... i dont like to post on the forums too much as you can tell from my post count. :-)

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 4:42:44

yeah.....me too :-P

dagga Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 9:05:28

Pangayearr is such a one-eyed moron that surely people can see my issue with him having his hand to the wheel in this game.

Sometimes I scratch my head and wonder if this gronk is on drugs or even playing the same game?
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

gwagers Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 9:08:33

Originally posted by gwagers:
SoF as number 2 for war?

talking about the time SoF FSed ICN. I know ICN won last set.

My mistake, I read that wrong. Sorry to bother you.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Murf Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 10:34:33

lol SoF bashing at its best, SoF last set was in a rbuilding phase when ICN jumped SoF, myself and 20+ other SoF vets returned during the war. Regardless of who called in what at the end of the set collab and ICN didnt win anything, SoF, PDM and Imag won the war so quit fluffing about it.

SoF this set is a totally different animal, so feel free to say what you want, I couldnt give a toss

torment Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 11:02:27

if collab warred either na or lcn. i would say na/lcn would win most of the timel

Vinag Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 11:18:14

Gday Kingstar long time no see.

Rage is still kicking it old school. We are building back up, have some good ole timer vets trickling back. You should come say hello. SF is there with us and I am also in Wrath on team server. We have room for one more!!

Ivan Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 14:31:01

Always fun listenting to delusional people murf

paladin Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 18:37:07

Sup Kingstar!
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

joe2 Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 1:16:41

I wouldnt say that SoF, PDM and Imag won the war considering they should have had us tagkilled with 2 weeks to go in the set and never managed to get it. If the three had had another week or so they could have killed our remaining countries. At most I would call it a draw leaning the way of the three, but if I were Imag/PDM I could reconsider my war strategy. If I were SoF I can see it being returning vets/restarts on their part in the war and I think SoF has proved itself in war before.

And to whoever posted about Collab and RD I think we may have had 1 or 2 that went over, We also had another group that was going to start up an alliance this set not sure what happened with that though

joe2 Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 1:19:17

Also, to actually answer the question of the post I'll say no one alliance is running the server these days as we've seen two of the biggest give poor war performances in the last 2-3 sets. If anything the server seems to even itself out from set to set with regards to war, With netting the main key is not pissing anyone off.

Fooglmog Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 11:30:09

You're right Joe... SoF, PDM and Imag didn't win the war because you retroactively set criteria for "winning" which they failed to meet.

Just like the allies didn't win WWII because they didn't take Tokyo and Berlin by Christmas of 1944.

Don't we all feel better about ourselves now that we can call others failures based on completely arbitrary measurements?

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 12:15:49

Netting:

1) LaF--win TNW and place most players in top 10 pretty much everytime they net

2) Evo--win ANW pretty much everytime they net

3) Omega/Monsters--almost always in 2nd/3rd in ANW/TNW

Warring:

1) Collab--pretty decent at killing stuff/holding their own

2) SoF--pretty decent at killing stuff--called for help against ICN???

3) SOL--pretty decent at killing stuff--blindsides netting alliances every chance they get

To be honest, tho, the quality of both netting and warring alliances has gone waaaay down from the days of old.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

dagga Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 12:26:06

Another developer troll.

How cute.
signatures are stupid.

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 12:35:19

DANCE DAGGA DANCE!
SPIN SPIN SPIN!!!
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Junky Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 12:37:01

both are incorrect..

Netting
1. Junky
2.LaF
3.Someone elses

Warring
1.Junky
2.SOL.
3.SoF

corrections have been made.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2010, 13:05:08

To answer your question, which alliance is running things?

Honestly, I'm probably wrong, but my best guess is,

No one.

You need more than 60 members to lead a coalition. And that's roughly the size of our largest alliances over the last few sets...with an exception here and there.

So you do have a few stronger alliances that may hve a few good allies, but nothing along the lines of an organized group taking down the rest of the game.

its more like 3-4 stronger alliances with good allies, that may also be allies to a few other of the stronger alliances.

There are 3-4 players capable of leading such a group, but their alliance needs to be between 100-120 first, and an ally or two at 80, I really think numbers do matter in this type of thing.
Z is #1

Angel1 Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 13:12:47

I agree with Servant. Right now every alliance is out for their own. Some are forces to be reckoned with, but if you are clear in your objectives and play an intelligent game you can generally get by.

Maybe when we get some new blood into the game we'll be able to see some coalitions and alliances leading again. Though I think that the new players will change us perhaps more than we know. If we can get more players, then we'll see some actually good conflicts again. We'll actually be fighting about something and not just fighting.
-Angel1

dagga Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 13:14:40

It was a long time ago that alliances actually fought over anything but grudges. Policy wars are always the best as they are mainly idealogical battles between fighting alliances and netting alliances.

Good vs Boring!
signatures are stupid.