Verified:

ponderer Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 3:29:04

FA is part of the alliance game. I see no problem with it, but it would be nice if FA packages showed up in the game news feed, so there would be more transparency, less finger pointing, and even less unintentional hypocrisy.

If your player lost out on the top ten because someone else got FA, well then next time send some love to your guy and he'll stay in the top ten.
m0m0rific

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2011, 3:29:13

well we probably have done it on occasion when countries were legit, perhaps the set we got 9 t10 would be the most likely

sometimes its a case of going with the prevailing currents, you obviously think laf doing the last minute aiding cost evo a t10

i think laf was only one out of multiple alliances that screwed this set up

we however really dislike doing anything earlier in the set because we are much more likely to have people lying about there stocks and where they will finish and all that sort of stuff, causing internal tension

and its the transparency of who does what and we all know where people would have finished thats more important than who actually finishes where

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 3:32:29

I'm not replying to you, I'm asking a question of all of you locket. B/c you seem to say you FA'd b/c their were aided finishes in the top 10. Yet you all (LaF) seem to fail to comprehend that the only player you knocked out of the top 10 was unaided.

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 3:32:32

Originally posted by Pain:
i dont see the big deal on helping members get high ranking countries with FA, land trading, etc. this is the alliance server after all isnt it? if you really wanna go for individual finishes then i thought thats what the solo servers were for?

Ya know, I've seen a lot of posts stating "that" recently, and I'm not sure why that is. However, on a different thread, I asked a question, which was either ignored, or not noticed by anyone else. So, I'll post it again:

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Anyways, to the people that keep saying "It's the ALLIANCE server" and "it's supposed to be a GROUP effort", answer this:

Why do you keep saying "It's the ALLIANCE server" and "it's supposed to be a GROUP effort", when the effects of what you are advocating only result in INDIVIDUAL success?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 3:38:04

i think the answer is simple, if there is no individual element to success netgaining dies, so every netgaining alliance should aim for clean netgaining, and realisticlly every warring alliance too since they want good war opponents.

I think you've already seen it, in the down turn in top tier netgainers actually playing/trying on this server, which while partially attributed to the state of the game, imo is more a result of the way people approach netgaining since the move to ee.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2011, 3:39:22

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
Yet you all (LaF) seem to fail to comprehend that the only player you knocked out of the top 10 was unaided.

no we dont think because we were the last one to do it that we knocked the last player out

we look at it as everyone who didnt deserve to be in there knocked someone who did deserve to be out

and i think both our country and evo's country did deserve to be there (you could of course make an argument about who deserved more based on our country having lower nw)

and if ours didnt then we only contributed about 20% to the evo country being knocked out not 100%

oh and to nuk:

plus the more people focus on one country doing well in general the worse the group does (there are some exceptions), what laf did this set either cost us cash and food for 3 turns or that plus the running out of cash/food cost so it was a net negative

however due to anw and tnw positions it wasnt a cost that mattered too much, and we can only know that at the end of the set, not earlier on if we did a buyout or something like that

diez Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 3:41:20

I believe LaF never did buyouts/FA chains, it's just "one last minute FA package to help a guy get t10".

I'd be pissed if I'm the guy ranked 10th :p

Anyway, enshula got a point there, laf contributes 20% of our guy gets kicked out of the t10. It also shows that netting isn't fun anymore in alliance (5/10 of the t10 got some sort of aid)

I guess I'll just net in other servers now.

Edited By: diez on Feb 3rd 2011, 3:44:46
See Original Post

locket Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 3:43:37

meh perhaps people will stop sending FA if we make it show in the news feed and then at least that part of everyones whining can stop. And thats one less reason for netters to not bother netting

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2011, 3:44:51

better still to make the main networth winner charts not count either some or all FA sent

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 3:45:27

SS and enshula, very good responses, but my question was to those who state "It's ALLIANCE server" and "go to a solo server if you don't like it" everytime a thread like this comes along. I don't really care about who FAed what here; I simply posted my question here because someone mentioned "it's ALLIANCE" in this thread, and the topic had to do with FA.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Dragonlance Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 3:46:39

enshula, that is bullfluff self-justification to try and convince yourself that your not in the wrong when it's pretty clear you are.

EVERYONE who aided into the t10 INCLUDING YOU are at fault for that person NOT making t10.

to deny this is to blatently lie, and to yes be hypocritical.

diez, team server ftw ;-)

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:03:59

im not denying

im saying that if 6 of the countries besides 229 didnt deserve to finish above 229 then 229 effectively got back its deserved t10 spot

although that deserved spot was probably less deserved than 91 if 91 deserved its spot

if however 229 didnt deserve a t10 spot then it contributed as one of the x countries that didnt deserve to be there to pushing x countries out of the top 10

and in that case all those countries share resposability for all those countries missing out, rather than one country being directly responsible for one

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:13:48

i just want to say that reading this thread makes me want to war LaF so badly. Why can' this be the kind of stuff wars are built on? I do really love everything SoF is doing right now with their preplanned random FS time friendly war, but in an even more perfect world everyone would want to net first until some clan pissed them off enough to make them war. In the same vein, I know if I were still in EVO right about now I'd make a thread on heads board suggesting we war LaF and I'd get shot down and that is too bad on their part as well...

locket Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:17:21

and what about rd and sof bobby? Should evo FS them for their worse stuff?

Detmer Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:17:26

Originally posted by SolidSnake:
i think the answer is simple, if there is no individual element to success netgaining dies

That seems like an entirely baseless claim... I suppose that would be true if everyone was completely selfish and worried more about themselves than their alliances... like the point of the alliance server is to play as a large group - unlike primary where individual netgaining is the name of the game.

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:17:30

Reading this thread and the girly fluffing from Evo makes me want to war Evo. AS LaF's HoW I of course support violence, and if it's against Evo I support it with both thumbs up

Chevs

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:19:32

if you feel a country is illegitimate and it bothers you then why not kill it?

or become allies with someone who will kill it for you?

if its a last second FA thing, then all the more reason to spice up the "stagnant" politics by warring over it the following set especially if you feel you alliance was screwed over.

we've seen wars over new L:L policies and all different types of BS policies, maybe the server will someday see wars over inter clan farming and foreign aid package policies..?

I dont mean to troll with my warring clan bias with this next part but I don't know how to word it any other way this is just how i personally feel and i know people will disagree but...

If you aren't going to stand up for what you believe in, why should anybody care about what you believe in?
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:20:37

locket I don't like hypocrites, its not aiding in general that I have a problem with. I have said for a while now there is nothing wrong with FA/internal farming etc. etc. This is the last time I will make that point. Eventually I will just assume you don't know how to read...

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:20:54

I believe in wars to humble Evo member's extreme arrogance.

Kingme Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:22:06

I'm only commenting on this thread again to state:

My country was not the one that was surpassed by the FA.

Bobby you should know better than to assume I finish that high!

locket Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:22:49

I dont bother reading every single one of your posts and I apologize for that, but again thanks for the fluffheaded tone there.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:24:04

it would be hilarious if I, as an ex EVO member in bad standing, instigated a war between LaF and EVO.

Dragonlance Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:24:22

i condone laf hitting evo in war:p

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:25:35

heh my bad kingme. Damn part of the reason I kept posting was cuz I assumed it was your country.

AoS Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:25:55

Originally posted by Lord Tarnava:
I believe in wars to humble Evo member's extreme arrogance.

Hey now, I'm an evo member, and I'm the most humble SOB you'll ever meet.

Now bow to our awesome intelligence and wit!
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:28:49

lol Bobby I know you're not in Evo and I've gathered your in bad standing. However most Evo members have never sat well with me. Probably goes both ways.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:29:40

Exactly zero evo leaders have posted in this thread. Good to know that the LaF playbook hasn't changed: deny everything, make counter-accusations, and make threats.

Why don't you guys spend your energy making LaF into the best netting alliance again instead of FAing to the top and threatening others?

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:29:48

AoS then put a muzzle on your more vocal members :-p

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:31:04

Slagpit, how much sway do you think I actually have? Do you honestly think I could convince the rest of leadership to hit Evo because you guys annoy me?

Maybe I can. We'll see..

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:34:12

GL LT, I for one am rooting for ya

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:34:23

I'm not in EVO. If you want to FS EVO next set, get tagkilled, and lose more members, fine.

EDIT: I'm not implying that EVO would defeat LaF in a 1v1 war. I'm just saying what would happen.

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:42:59

For someone not in Evo you seem fairly emotionally vested ;-)

hanlong Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:47:44

wow

this thing blew up.

i have a few comments:

slagpit: since you are in this thread and semi-vocal and an admin, how about changing the top 10 scores to only include non-aided countries? it's not a hard change. that way the best you can get is rank 11 if you got 1 FA package at all. something to that effect so its transparent. i'm all for it ;) as admins i feel like you guys have the power to change it ingame.. i don't think mehul once complained about anything anyone did in game, he just did actions.

bobbyata: why is it relevant? both the country that got aided and the country that aided him got suicided this reset. that's why its relevant

and about lt, he is our head of war. he's been begging me to find a war for him so he doesn't have to attempt to netgain and finish only rank 6 again when he should be top 3 easily :P he was honestly the only LaFfer who tried to net and i don't think he was happy with his results, and as a head of war he indicated his preference to fight.

now i'm not as hot headed as he is, but still ;)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

hanlong Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:55:25

Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:55:51

so let me get this straight hanlong. LaF position is along the lines of,

We do not FA into the top 10. *, **, ***

*: Unless there is at least one top 10 country that has been aided at all, regardless of whether that country is in 10th place or not.
**: Also if a country has been "suicided", even if this "suicide" seems to be a clear result of the country farming the "suicider" earlier in the set, we are allowed to aid said country into the top 10.

Want to tell us what *** means, or will you guys just make up reasons as you go in the future?

Mr. Lime Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:56:50

so your implying evo's dp's would do all the tagkilling you mentioned? =)

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:58:00

Lime, we go way back. If I convince LAF to FS Evo, and they call in allies.. you've got my back, right? :-p

hanlong Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 5:00:00

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
so let me get this straight hanlong. LaF position is along the lines of,

We do not FA into the top 10. *, **, ***

*: Unless there is at least one top 10 country that has been aided at all, regardless of whether that country is in 10th place or not.
**: Also if a country has been "suicided", even if this "suicide" seems to be a clear result of the country farming the "suicider" earlier in the set, we are allowed to aid said country into the top 10.

Want to tell us what *** means, or will you guys just make up reasons as you go in the future?

ah i hate you, you just want Evo and LaF to war so you can get top 100 untagged next reset since you barely missed it... is this what this is about? ;)

and about your ** point, it is untrue. if someone got suicided as a direct result of farming, then i wouldn't say this would i? i mean then it would just be captain obvious. i'm not that stupid...
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 3rd 2011, 5:00:58

You guys are hopeless.

hanlong Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 5:01:47

Originally posted by Slagpit:
You guys are hopeless.

hopeless threads get hopeless responses ;)

if this was never started, none of this would've been said.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Mr. Lime Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 5:03:52

LT i gotcha bro...man we go so far back i can't let you war without me

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2011, 5:04:04

our position has always been we dont do anything until the end, then we might depending on stuff, weve done it for years, it should be pretty obvious

and as to fa packs dropping people out of the t10 imagine someone sending fa to hurt someone else, id think it would be better just to exclude the gained nw

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 3rd 2011, 5:06:32

Since when is it not the business of the community to know which countries in the top ten were legit or not? This isn't some private FA matter. If you feel that you were justified in sending your FA, why didn't you make a thread explaining what happened? Or simply admit to it in this thread? It's not that hard.

Threatening other alliances for posting the truth and making stupid accusations is conduct unbecoming for Laf's leaders after everything your former Don has said on these boards. Do you want to be a motivated alliance that does well or do you want to grief other players?

Feb 3rd 2011, 5:11:32

I want to be a motivated alliance that does well, and crushes Evo and it's arrogance in the process.

That's what I call a compromise Slaggy ol boy.

Lime, glad you have my back. This will make my job much easier
:-)

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2011, 5:17:25

we do admit to sending FA, i dont see why we should want to make a thread but were happy to talk about it if someone else wants to

as to threats i dont like that from our side, evo hasnt done anything, but it seems to be a combination of a bit of dislike and a bit of warmongering from two people

one being a former don arguably obsessed with war and the other a current war person, and both of whom have good netting performances

im not sure if your talking about pang or ss but pang tends to have conflict with spinners/trolls/forumwhores/whatevers while ss just tends to try and start issues with any alliance possible

hanlong Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 5:17:40

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Since when is it not the business of the community to know which countries in the top ten were legit or not? This isn't some private FA matter. If you feel that you were justified in sending your FA, why didn't you make a thread explaining what happened? Or simply admit to it in this thread? It's not that hard.

Threatening other alliances for posting the truth and making stupid accusations is conduct unbecoming for Laf's leaders after everything your former Don has said on these boards. Do you want to be a motivated alliance that does well or do you want to grief other players?

this is probably going to be the most unpleasant post i'll do on AT, and i hate being unpleasant ;)

making stupid accusations?

everyone knows this reset (and we're not the only alliance who saw this) of countless untagged countries that retal evo the least out of all alliances. (you must have forgotten ivan's thread about wishing us a merry christmas earlier). i know he implicated us together, but we assumed you guys just camped news like what we did, which was very plausible since we're doing the same. the problem is when i also find untagged suiciders being TECH ALLIED to TWO DIFFERENT evo countries. what do think i would think? you can ask helmet, i was trying to figure out with him what's going on this reset with all those untagged bs that was happening.

if you don't want stupid accusations, don't do stupid stuff like ALLYING untagged countries, especially ones who SUICIDE. then there would be no "stupid accusations".

i will admit that two LaF members FAed a third one. can you admit/let us know why evo is allying to untagged countries?

and fyi, LT and SS can say whatever they want. as a head of war (LT) and someone who's not even playing in LaF, they don't make the decisions.

did enshula say LaF is going to FS evo next reset? nope. did i? nope. if i wanted to FS EVO, i sure as hell wouldn't let you know on AT either, you would see it in the news ;)

but i digress. i actually like the people in EVO. i know there was some bad blood between LaF/EVO at times due to heated netgaining competitions and accusations not much different from this one, but somehow when i was Don, RED was merged into LaF ;P i'm sure you guys remembered that one... ;)

Edited By: hanlong on Feb 3rd 2011, 5:26:03
See Original Post
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Feb 3rd 2011, 5:30:37

Yup. As I hinted at earlier I have little to no say. In fact, I don't even wear a HoW tag, and I am light purple as an assistant head instead of dark purple as a real head :-p LAF doesn't put much emphasis on warring ;-)

on a totally unrelated side note, hanlong and enshula go on ICQ I want to talk to you!

:-p

hanlong Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 5:35:12

we're both on IRC you know.

don't make me fire up that ancient technology called ICQ :P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Feb 3rd 2011, 5:36:01

psssh fine

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 3rd 2011, 5:37:11

If it was me I would ask the other alliance for an explanation. You did not because you wish to remain ignorant and troll on AT.

I cannot answer your question for two reasons. The first of which is that I'm not an EVO leader, as I've stated many times in this thread. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? Here is it again: I'M NOT AN EVO LEADER!

The second reason I cannot answer your question is because you haven't even provided the numbers of the countries that were supposedly run by evo associates to suicide on the amazing LaF, which houses the Best Players in the Game of course.

Your argument is ridiculous because the Omega is evo's main competition for average networth, yet the Omega was barely hit. Here are some stats for you:

defending hits dtag
2 MONSTERS
2 TheOmega
3 xNAx
8 xICNx
14 RD
38 EVOdiez
45 SancT
85 SOF
85 LaF
86 LCNostra
87 SOL
91 iMagNum
130 Paradigm
580 RAGE

Land lost to untaggeds:
1391 MONSTERS
1713 TheOmega
2231 xNAx
3892 iMagNum
5744 xICNx
6530 LCNostra
7783 SOL
8426 RD
11199 EVOdiez
13708 Paradigm
14624 SancT
18189 RAGE
21537 LaF
25907 SOF

If you don't like getting grabbed by untaggeds, get more defense. Maybe LaF players think that their arrogance and superstardom adds a 100% defense bonus? I regret to inform you that I've looked through the game code and there is no such bonus.

I really don't want to waste any more time on this. How pathetic is it that's it less frustrating to deal with FFA bots than you people?