Verified:

Ikkaku Game profile

Jun 16th 2013, 20:37:34

Originally posted by KriSatZ:
One thing you can't have a go at LaF for is the teaching of the game, and that the don's put themselves before their members.

As a new player, everyone in the tag has gone above and beyond to help me out, and also the other players. I doubt you would see any other tag put the time into training that laf does.

As for Eug, SS, SG and whoever caring more about their finishes is laughable.

Just enjoy the war, don't pull out bullfluff accusations and make yourself look like idiots.

In the name of HANLONG, ill grant you 10mil troops!!

Kinnin Game profile

Jun 16th 2013, 21:06:23

I have to admit, out of all the reasons I've seen for wars, this one is pretty well bullfluff. So, LaF can't compete with EVO in a netting sense, and therefore they decide to FS EVO out of spite?

locket Game profile

Jun 16th 2013, 21:30:24

Originally posted by Ikkaku:
Originally posted by KriSatZ:
One thing you can't have a go at LaF for is the teaching of the game, and that the don's put themselves before their members.

As a new player, everyone in the tag has gone above and beyond to help me out, and also the other players. I doubt you would see any other tag put the time into training that laf does.

As for Eug, SS, SG and whoever caring more about their finishes is laughable.

Just enjoy the war, don't pull out bullfluff accusations and make yourself look like idiots.

In the name of HANLONG, ill grant you 10mil troops!!

That was TC.

tellarion Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 0:52:18

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Originally posted by tellarion:
I should probably go find something else to do, but I am seriously laughing so hard right now. Does anyone else not see how hilariously ironic it is that Laf is fluffing so hard about us getting free land, when oldman, who went on to get rank 1 last set, was the first person to hit #368 when he was detagged and made off with 2812a for free?

I guess you should have killed him then for violating your own principles. I think I'll name my restart 'FS OLDMAN!!' :)

Alright you saw through it. We obviously didn't think through the FS reason enough, so we just gave a bullfluff one (hence it is so short). It was obvious war was coming our way (and outnumbered), so we really just wanted to get the FS in first.

Have a good fight.

Honestly, if Eug just said 'we don't like you, let's war' that would be one thing. But making up such a stupid excuse is insulting, really. He accuses us of shady practices, and yet I have objectively proven that you guys made off with thousands of acres from the same people we did.

And this whole 'you guys were going to FS us so we hit you first' thing is laughable. Red and I both tried repeatedly to appeal to better sense and get a pact. Eug refused. THAT is why we are warring, end of story. If you guys didn't want a war, you'd have pacted us. And BECAUSE you didn't pact us, we chose to war prep. Self-fulfilling prophecy I guess.

Iamminghui Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 1:39:01

Sometimes, just being straightforward and keep things simple.. Saves all the trouble and reputation.. Really..

En4cer85

Jun 17th 2013, 1:55:28

I would have just said we are going to war u next set... Get ready... But no one likes my kind of honesty in FR work :P

Hence why I've been an IA type :)

Either way I look forward to competing with Evo, be it netting or warring. Good luck guys. Nice to see u with some numbers on ur side to make this a good war.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 17th 2013, 1:58:09

yeah it should be, you guys still have NW advantage. We need to close that gap soon! =]
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 2:21:20

Originally posted by Kinnin:
I have to admit, out of all the reasons I've seen for wars, this one is pretty well bullfluff. So, LaF can't compete with EVO in a netting sense, and therefore they decide to FS EVO out of spite?

You are just now realizing this? Take a look back over all the wars where LaF has FSed EVO. Then, take a look at the reset before the one where LaF FSes EVO. Be sure to take into account any threads on AT posted after LaF dropped members to steal ANW from EVO. You will soon realize that just about every war between EVO and LaF is due to LaF's inability to compete with EVO while netgaining.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 17th 2013, 3:19:51

Originally posted by Atryn:
Originally posted by Pang:
it's called "Classroom" everywhere else, AK, but the URLs all have lnu in them :)

Isn't LaF on a separate fork of Boxcar now anyways? Probably one with the bugs fixed?

With the new work qz has done I could very easily do that if so inclined!

Thanks qz! :-D
(p.s., seriously I actually need to do that heh. And I would probably go through the bug fixes with LaF (Xin))
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Iamminghui Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 3:52:51

Originally posted by NukEvil:

You are just now realizing this? Take a look back over all the wars where LaF has FSed EVO. Then, take a look at the reset before the one where LaF FSes EVO. Be sure to take into account any threads on AT posted after LaF dropped members to steal ANW from EVO. You will soon realize that just about every war between EVO and LaF is due to LaF's inability to compete with EVO while netgaining.

Word..

Rockman Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 4:01:54

That's actually not the reason. The reason is that the two alliances disagree on detagging methods. Evo detags their inactives with weeks left in the set, often when the countries haven't gone inactive yet - and these countries will often suicide anyone who hits them who isn't Evo or Evo's allies, while letting Evo get as much land and stock off them as they want. LaF detags its inactives at the very end of the set, and doesn't farm them for stock/land.

LaF thinks Evo's tactic is lame, and Evo thinks LaF's tactic is lame. So they fight about it.

Vamps Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 4:04:33

It's pointless Rockman. These idiots are drinking so much of their own kool-aid that it's useless to try to talk rationally to them.

Let's just kill them and leave it at that :-)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 17th 2013, 4:08:58

Y'all crazy...

Kill farm then talk!

Spoonman Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 5:32:15

i think Rockman has no testicles

iScode Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 5:36:57

Originally posted by Rockman:

That's actually not the reason. The reason is that the two alliances disagree on detagging methods. Evo detags their inactives with weeks left in the set, often when the countries haven't gone inactive yet - and these countries will often suicide anyone who hits them who isn't Evo or Evo's allies, while letting Evo get as much land and stock off them as they want. LaF detags its inactives at the very end of the set, and doesn't farm them for stock/land.

LaF thinks Evo's tactic is lame, and Evo thinks LaF's tactic is lame. So they fight about it.

nothing lame about detagging people half way through a set...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

neal

EE Patron

Jun 17th 2013, 6:08:05

what rockman said, differences of opinions... it seems that the general consensus is to fight it out in the game

hey my fellow friends lets stop posting in this thread and go represent ourselves on the battlefield

Forgotten

Jun 17th 2013, 6:17:57

JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY LORD AND SAVIOR, EVOLUTION IS A LIE
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Tokyousr Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 6:27:32

netting sucks period.

this game is about war, who the hell cares about t10 finish?

keivisuaL Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 7:22:14

Evo start exploring please! Not enough land to go around!
Innocence is something we all forget. I haven't quite, I'm naive.

bertz Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 8:25:04

Originally posted by Rockman:

^ I might just agree with this.
And why war LaF when I just lost 4 days worth of turns for being so busy IRL?!
This is outrageous!

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 10:13:32

I still think it's silly any country can be killed in under 30 seconds. 10 seconds even.

Changes should be made so that it takes at least 3 minutes to kill any country, by implementing popkill DR that lasts for 1 minute. -0.5% pop killed per hit (BRs and GSes). And remove the ramping up formula for pop.

warmaniac Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 10:20:55

So u can wall?

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 10:35:59

Everyone should be given an equal opportunity to wall. Not just the ones that can react in 10 seconds.

This isn't for my benefit. I can wall in 10 seconds.

locket Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 10:42:18

Show off!

Supertodd Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 10:45:41

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Everyone should be given an equal opportunity to wall. Not just the ones that can react in 10 seconds.

This isn't for my benefit. I can wall in 10 seconds.

Agreed.

I've always thought (since way back) that the ability to destroy a country in a few seconds was stupid. Like Xinhuan, I could wall within seconds back in the day, and it always seemed kinda stupid. No life (like me) you live... out doing something fun, you die.

davidoss Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 12:04:40

bonus

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Jun 17th 2013, 12:59:11

Didn't LAF have a whole alliance to farm last set? aka pdm?

whole alliance > a few untags ?
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

trumper Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 13:50:40

Originally posted by euglaf:
Last set you guys detagged a bunch of countries and had the same few people farm them into oblivion. Those countries made t10 by basically intrafarming land from evo. Those countries that were detagged even kept playing the rest of the set by exploring and doing enemy hits. They were effectively evo-only land farms all set.

I told you that you were being douchebags for it. You guys said you didn't care, but Tella claimed that #59 would not make t10 to try to placate me. He made t10 anyways.

If you think we at LaF will sit back as you take t10 spots from our members (we had the rank 11 country), well then...

Pay the iron price.

Someone has to do Assassin's job here:

*Anyways is not a word. Show me a sentence where anyway wouldn't suffice.

anoniem Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 14:05:44

TIEVO GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.
ALL OTHER COUNTRIES ARE RUN BY LITTLE GIRLS.
TIEVO NUMBER ONE EXPORTER OF POTASSIUM.
OTHER COUNTRIES HAVE INFERIOR POTASSIUM.

TIEVO HOME OF TINSHEIN SWIMMING POOL.
IT’S LENGTH THIRTY METER AND WIDTH SIX METER.
FILTRATION SYSTEM A MARVEL TO BEHOLD.
IT REMOVE 80 PERCENT OF HUMAN SOLID WASTE.

TIEVO, TIEVO YOU VERY NICE PLACE.
FROM PLAINS OF TARASHEK TO NORTHER FENCE OF JEWTOWN.
TIEVO FRIEND OF ALL EXCEPT LAF.
THEY VERY NOSEY PEOPLE WITH BONE IN THEIR BRAIN.
TIEVO INDUSTRY BEST IN THE WORLD.
WE INVENTED TOFFEE AND TROUSER BELT.
TIEVO’S PROSTITUTES CLEANEST IN THE REGION.
EXCEPT OF COURSE PDM’S

TIEVO, TIEVO YOU VERY NICE PLACE.
FROM PLAINS OF TARASHEK TO NORTHER FENCE OF JEWTOWN.

COME GRASP THE MIGHT PHENIS OF OUR LEADER.
FROM JUNCTION WITH THE TESTES TO TIP OF ITS FACE!
re(ally)tired

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 17th 2013, 14:50:32

lmao
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 17th 2013, 16:15:47

can't compete with evo in netting in what sense? Doesn't LaF beat Evo in TNW every time? hmm?

We have more members which helps us in TNW, but hurts us in ANW. But to argue evo is "better" because they win ANW when they structurally have an advantage to win ANW is proposterous. Need a more convincing argument then that.

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 16:37:42

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
can't compete with evo in netting in what sense? Doesn't LaF beat Evo in TNW every time? hmm?

We have more members which helps us in TNW, but hurts us in ANW. But to argue evo is "better" because they win ANW when they structurally have an advantage to win ANW is proposterous. Need a more convincing argument then that.

I will refer you to events that happened over a year ago. Back when Evo had more members than LaF and was winning triple crowns when both Evo and LaF were netting. The set after Evo won a triple crown, LaF dropped members in the last 10 minutes of the reset to "steal" Evo's triple crown from them. The set after that, LaF broke a uNAP and FSed EVO out of the blue when Evo called LaF out on their shenanigans.

Is that convincing enough for you, or do I need to get a job at the NSA just so I can read your alliance's IRC and ICQ intercepts they undoubtedly have on file?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 18:06:42

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:

I will refer you to events that happened over a year ago. Back when Evo had more members than LaF and was winning triple crowns when both Evo and LaF were netting. The set after Evo won a triple crown, LaF dropped members in the last 10 minutes of the reset to "steal" Evo's triple crown from them. The set after that, LaF broke a uNAP and FSed EVO out of the blue when Evo called LaF out on their shenanigans.

Is that convincing enough for you, or do I need to get a job at the NSA just so I can read your alliance's IRC and ICQ intercepts they undoubtedly have on file?

The only reason evo were beating laf in anw that set was because evo dropped and 5 members with two weeks left and farmed them while they had their stockpiles on hand and they continued to play turns. Laf actually won anw by less than had neither alliance dropped members.

But please continue to glaze over that fact for propaganda purposes. The theory that laf cant compete with evo in netgaining is highly entertaining.

bdragon

Jun 17th 2013, 18:13:01

The only reason why Evo is even able to do anything is because other alliances feel sorry for them and let them because it's annoying to hear them whine all the time.

Everytime they get too big for their britches, other alliances will remind them of their place.

This vicious cycle repeats over and over again.

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 19:03:46

Originally posted by SolidSnake:
The only reason evo were beating laf in anw that set was because evo dropped and 5 members with two weeks left and farmed them while they had their stockpiles on hand and they continued to play turns. Laf actually won anw by less than had neither alliance dropped members.

But please continue to glaze over that fact for propaganda purposes. The theory that laf cant compete with evo in netgaining is highly entertaining.

http://earthgraphs.com/...amp;last_h=72&tab=tag

Earthgraphs seems to disagree with you. 2 countries were detagged at or right before the 2-week cutoff date (09/21/11), and one country was detagged by its owner about 5 days after (and self-deleted about an hour later, with no hits from anybody). The other 2 countries that detagged were farmed by 2 other EVO countries (that I could see, earthgraphs is SLOW when it comes to old data) and the rest of the server as well.

The whole 2-week deal was put in place to keep last-minute detagging from taking place by the tag admin(s). The 2-week date was generally accepted by most of the server then.

Now, let's take a look at how many LaF countries detagged on or after 09/21/11:

http://earthgraphs.com/...amp;last_h=72&tab=tag

7 countries detagged. LaF would have rightfully lost ANW.

Now, I would try to justify LaF's countries being detagged, but Earthgraphs refuses to load stats for each country for me, for some reason. And that won't do any good here anyways.

Originally posted by bdragon:
The only reason why Evo is even able to do anything is because other alliances feel sorry for them and let them because it's annoying to hear them whine all the time.

Everytime they get too big for their britches, other alliances will remind them of their place.

This vicious cycle repeats over and over again.

The only way LaF could "remind" Evo "of their place" is by breaking pacts and cheating. Sometimes simultaneously. Get some new material.

Kaloop

Jun 17th 2013, 19:34:09

Can SoF just hurry up and FS LaF and screw this whole sever alliance up?

iScode Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 19:58:28

i wish kaloop but it wouldnt happen

I like how H4 tries to spin that, H4 bro, winning avg nw means you are better at netting no matter which way you try to spin it, Laf may be a better alliance over all but avg nw shows who the better netters are structural advantage or not...

If you cant figure that out then your not as smart as what I gave you credit for...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 17th 2013, 20:04:24

Originally posted by iScode:

I like how H4 tries to spin that, H4 bro, winning avg nw means you are better at netting no matter which way you try to spin it, Laf may be a better alliance over all but avg nw shows who the better netters are structural advantage or not...

If you cant figure that out then your not as smart as what I gave you credit for...

If you don't even acknowledge that smaller alliances have an advantage in ANW then you are making an error in judgement.

Are you disputing that or just looking for the splinter in LaFs eye when you have a log in yours?

iScode Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 20:12:51

of course they have an advantage. But unless you have the elite players just being smaller is not going to guarantee you a victory over an alliance like laf who have better systems, leadership and training in place.

Obviously this is the case which is why laf beats alliances like monsters, omega, ICN, Rival and so fourth when they net, but not evo.

Or do you not understand this?

It is like alliances back in the day like wog, met. they may not of been able to put out as many hits but hpm were far better than any alliances, and imo made them better war war alliances than sof now or IX back in the day, they were elite, which made them better at that facet of the game, but not better over all.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

locket Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 20:20:59

Actually there are plenty of ways to look at it. 1st place finishes, top tens, top 100s, ANW, TNW. Laf has always dominated top tens and 1st place finishes. ANW has gone back and forth. Evo has a better lower half of players and Laf has a better top bit.

Also the smaller alliance advantage only really comes into play with alliances of similar skill so bringing up Omega etc in a conversation with Laf and Evo is a bit ridiculous. Only RD has people who could put up an ANW with them if they are the smaller alliance.

And finally... are you trying to imply that the Sof of today is somehow one of the best war alliances of all time, or are you just using them as a comparison? Sure hope it is the second.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 17th 2013, 20:29:12

of course they have an advantage. But unless you have the elite players just being smaller is not going to guarantee you a victory over an alliance like laf who have better systems, leadership and training in place.

Obviously this is the case which is why laf beats alliances like monsters, omega, ICN, Rival and so fourth when they net, but not evo.

Or do you not understand this?

It is like alliances back in the day like wog, met. they may not of been able to put out as many hits but hpm were far better than any alliances, and imo made them better war war alliances than sof now or IX back in the day, they were elite, which made them better at that facet of the game, but not better over all.

Glad you can acknowledge it. But your first post didn't ;) You have a bias here.

Also LaF and Evo are on a different tier when it comes to netting compared to said alliance. You're comparing apples and oranges there.

Edited By: Requiem on Jun 17th 2013, 20:32:18
See Original Post

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 20:29:19

Ah nukevil, you're actually right on that one I was muddling that up with the reset where evo did drop to win anw a reset or two prior to that.

That said, LaF never broke a pact with evo, evo broke a pact with laf. And you had kj running two countries in evo with everyone's knowledge for years, as well as having slagpit be abuse admin functions to provide you with information, for years, so please.

And scode, laf carries a number of warmongers in its ranks, but that doesnt make laf any weaker at netgaining, it simply impacts anw.

Laf's top 1 vs evo's top 1, laf wins anw
Laf's top 5 vs evo's top 5, laf wins anw
laf's top 10 vs evo's top 10, laf wins anw
laf's top 20 vs evo's top 20, laf wins anw
laf's top 30 vs evo's top 30, laf wins anw
laf's top 40 vs evo's top 40, laf wins anw

And so on, until evo have no more members to gauge the competition against.

And incidently, the most recent time both alliances netgained, laf beat evo in anw with over twice the amount of members, so how is this even a discussion?

KriSatZ Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 20:30:37

Grouchy Oscar come back to LaF.

I've kept your bin warm :)
Success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.

LaFamiglia - zKriSatZwpn - LaFamiglia

locket Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 20:48:57

Hope it hasnt been cleaned too much!

CandyMan Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 21:39:09

um, regarding last reset:

1. Evo got to farm detags.
2. Evo got to landtrade unabated.
3. qz got to put in game mechanics changes which favored all explore (evo's bread and butter). I'd also venture to guess that evo players had first access or knew about changes faster than anyone else.

Results? crappy finishes even at the t10 level.

I mean just let the numbers speak for themselves. not to mention you guys have guys like lenshark who misses the food peak like every set.

when I think of evo, I do see them as the closest netting competition, but really, since I've started the only time evo wins anw is when they net and we war. half our alliance just says f it to serious netting.

I say to evo, how about picking up the slack a bit and seriously put some more effort into being better players

Forgotten

Jun 17th 2013, 21:51:27

so how will we solve this argument?

pit 20 members each from LaF and EVO.

and see which side wins avg net.

You would have to give LaF one reset notice, so we can track down half of the 20 we'd pick, cause they have retired probably in the past 5~10 sets.

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 17th 2013, 22:05:12

to CandyMan's point re: mechanics -> I don't think qz put in policies to help evo as I also OK'ed those changes (and most of the time I was at varying levels of activity in LaF) not to mention martian (traditionally a SoF supporter....) and H4 (LaF head last I checked?) are involved in the process too along with others from across the alliance spectrum. Oh, and once implemented, the mechanics are obviously the same for everyone...

there's no code like if ($tag == "Evo" + substr($ranks[$evo_clan_id][$round_id-1][0].get("username"),0,7)){ $this.explore_rate*=1.25; } or anything like that

overall, you're on a slippery slope discussing that topic... :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

euglaf Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 22:10:04

its too bad that 'varying levels of activity' doesn't result in a country that can finish over 10m nw over the course of an entire set. or even find its way out of protection nearly 2 weeks after the set started :P

crest23 Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 22:15:06

The just boils down to jealousy on laf's side. Pretty sad. Sounds like the Rockman mentality is strong with them. If you can't beat them, suicide them. Just plain sad.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Kaloop

Jun 17th 2013, 22:36:53

Originally posted by CandyMan:
um, regarding last reset:

I say to evo, how about picking up the slack a bit and seriously put some more effort into being better players

ANW