Verified:

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 26th 2019, 13:48:45

Originally posted by Neil:
I'm not talking about LaF in this regard, yall need to calm down... Never said only LaF use it, never said SoF didn't.

Originally posted by sinistril:
What is sketchy about it?

Originally posted by Requiem:

eestats.com only uses the API feeds that the developers give out to most people who have a legitimate use for one... What is there to ok about a site that shows the scores list and some news?

the mIRC news channel was created by Qz and the bot is on his server.

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:

They have built a fluffing API that ghq, boxcar, sof, eestats etc are allowed to use to pull market, news, ranks and such from the game in near real time.

SKETCHY

"legitimate use" "pull market, news, ranks and such from the game in near real time"

Developers shouldn't have okayed this, makes me question what kind of stuff they will okay next.

LOL clan hosting sites have been doing this for 20 years...

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2019, 14:48:20

PAGE 9!!!!!

Jayr been an elder since 2017 here and there. He played in one of my first sets in elders. I said i don't accept new applications. His was before my time. I was just the one to delete him. Actually makes a larger case for what I'm saying.

It looks like neil basically wants a game entirely without war bots, target selection tools, bot lists etc. Should we even have have irc? Too much info on irc from the api. Like news and market news and the war bot. SKETCHY.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 26th 2019, 14:55:48

SKETCHY

"legitimate use" "pull market, news, ranks and such from the game in near real time"

Developers shouldn't have okayed this, makes me question what kind of stuff they will okay next.

I think all those clan hosting sites, eestats, earthgraphs etc make the game better as it provides functions that enhance the experience for game users that the game admins has not developed themselves. The game developers of this game and many others like this welcome such 3rd party developers to do just that.

By setting the confines of what information is available by the API users and news servers the developers have defined a space in which everything that can be done is legit. The EEwarbot that I suppose you have used in warchats with sol this set is a marvel due to this developments, pretty much every warchat you have had this set there was a warchat leader who uses the scripts in it to automatically check which targets are online or offline and which targets have been online this time of the day. Just a little over 2 years ago I did that by hand. One hour before every warchat 1-2 times a day for me has been reduced to a couple simple one-line commands. It was just effort. It was not difficult, it was not a mental task it was just a bunch of mouseclicks and scrolling and taking notes. If scripts take over such uninterresting tasks in this game it leaves more of the fun stuff for me and you.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2019, 16:35:57

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Lead acetate is a great sweetener for those who fear aspartame.

Hmm not sure I want to sweeten my food items with a toxic substance, I’ll stick with aspartame in moderation. I’ll have a diet pop from time to time just because I want to.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2019, 16:38:36

Aspartame is not a good product.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2019, 16:38:54

. . .it leaves more of the fun stuff for me and you.

Automation frees humans up for more creative and fun tasks, yep!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2019, 16:40:29

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Aspartame is not a good product.

Nothing wrong with an occasional diet pop sweetened with it as research shows. The levels you would have to consume to have adverse effects is ridiculous.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2019, 16:42:42

Meh, your brain getting rEkT, not mine, that fluff is a byproduct of chemichal weapons development, ain't good in its minimal consumption.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2019, 16:43:26

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
PAGE 9!!!!!

Jayr been an elder since 2017 here and there. He played in one of my first sets in elders. I said i don't accept new applications. His was before my time. I was just the one to delete him. Actually makes a larger case for what I'm saying.

I’m pretty sure you said he was not an elder before. I can look through my logs if needed.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2019, 16:45:40

Meh, your brain getting rEkT, not mine, that fluff is a byproduct of chemichal weapons development, ain't good in its minimal consumption.

Your statements are not consistent with research on the matter. Your personal beliefs are ok but not sound science unless you have any scientific articles to share with me?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2019, 16:55:58

Your statements are not consistent with research on the matter. Your personal beliefs are ok but not sound science unless you have any scientific articles to share with me?

It's what I remember from a history channel show I watched like 10 years ago, I don't even remember the name of that show, it's possible that aspartame already damaged my brain lol.
(•_•)

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 26th 2019, 17:20:04

Water is the best. The end.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Boltar Game profile

Jul 26th 2019, 17:59:16

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2019, 18:00:23

It's what I remember from a history channel show I watched like 10 years ago, I don't even remember the name of that show, it's possible that aspartame already damaged my brain lol.

Not being a fluff here but please do not base your opinions off the history channel it’s a terrible channel most of the time :p see: Ancient Aliens

Originally posted by galleri:
Water is the best. The end.

No disagreement here you are 💯 right!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 26th 2019, 18:27:18

The limit to aspartame concentration in a pop is set so that it would require 4 litres of light soda a day to reach the limit set as the maximal safe dose for human consumption. The maximal safe dose set for humans is 1/100th the dose that a measurable negative effect has been obtained in animal studies.

That means 4 litres of aspartame sweetened soda a day will not cause deleterious health effects, but 400 litres a day most likely will.

If you do ingest soda at a rate of 400 litres per day which would be 16.667 litres per hour you would die from the water long before you see any negative health effects of the aspartame.

Edited By: Gerdler on Jul 26th 2019, 18:31:35

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2019, 19:45:56

What are you the fluffing "correct bot"!?

Say something stupid, its getting annoying agreeing with you all the time!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2019, 20:19:04

Gerd and Req....

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325848.php

Yeah sorry but i'd stay away from aspartame...
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2019, 23:02:26

All that article talks about is how one doctor is skeptical of some of the interpretation of some study(s). It's hardly a reason to say aspartame is dangerous.

It's fine you, personally, feel like its a risk you would not want to take but that in itself doesn't actually mean it is unsafe. It's good to be skeptical but don't let that convince you that you are right in the face of overwhelming contrary findings.

Here is one such article:
https://www.tandfonline.com/...10.1080/10408440701516184

TLDR: The weight of existing evidence is that aspartame is safe at current levels of consumption as a nonnutritive sweetener.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2019, 3:42:45

It's not just one doctor saying it's not good for you, studies have been done, the Japanese banned it, the money backing aspartame is powerful....

https://www.huffpost.com/...e-ban-on-a-dange_b_250249

Same goes for corn syrup in our food supply, not good yet still there, lots of money and special interests backing it.
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2019, 5:18:54

I thought about just topping the warstats because I'm on vacation but i remembered they're irrelevant and the war is over.

I guess instead I'll just say all sweeteners are at least somewhat bad for you. Probably none anymore than others. They're all pretty bad in different ways. Seems weird to argue that a substitute for something that is terrible for your body is also terrible for your body.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2019, 6:58:37

It's what I remember from a history channel show I watched like 10 years ago, I don't even remember the name of that show, it's possible that aspartame already damaged my brain lol. [/quote]

(Confirmed)
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

sinistril Game profile

Jul 27th 2019, 7:19:45

The limit to aspartame concentration in a pop is set so that it would require 4 litres of light soda a day to reach the limit set as the maximal safe dose for human consumption. The maximal safe dose set for humans is 1/100th the dose that a measurable negative effect has been obtained in animal studies.

That means 4 litres of aspartame sweetened soda a day will not cause deleterious health effects, but 400 litres a day most likely will.

If you do ingest soda at a rate of 400 litres per day which would be 16.667 litres per hour you would die from the water long before you see any negative health effects of the aspartame.

So you're saying 100+ grams of sugar per litre of soda is not better for me? Who would have thought! This feels just like the GMO or anti-vaccination arguments where people think solving world hunger or sickness is a bad thing because of some global scientific conspiracy. Even if you assume conspiracy levels of risk, it's still better than the alternative. I know people hate benefit-cost analysis but let's be real.... America and many other countries are fat and dying young because of it due to sugar consumption. A lot of that consumption comes from drinks. Is aspartame really your biggest concern?
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2019, 7:38:06

Operation "Hijack Derrick's thread for fluffs and giggles" completed, now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

Speedkill(tm) cannot defeat LaF and Company, questions?

No?

Didn't think so.

TaSk1 you suck so much, you sucked up all the sucking.

🤐
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2019, 10:24:23

I personally think we should be talking about WoW classic....

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jul 27th 2019, 15:33:58

I personally think we should be talking about WoW classic....

Yes! What are we naming our guild?

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jul 27th 2019, 15:34:12

Also who is the leader?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2019, 15:44:41

I dont care but I think it'd be fun to get a bunch of EE ppl playing together. I also dont really care what side we play I was joking, kind of.

Gather a list of nerds who would play vanilla WoW

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 27th 2019, 16:34:09

I will be playing for sure.

I've played both horde and alliance, but have played a lot more horde and prefer it.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2019, 18:12:54

Is this how you play wow? You just talk about horde or alliance for weeks? If so it's clearly my kinda game.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 27th 2019, 19:11:05

I'm with Derrick on this one.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 27th 2019, 19:51:22

not much else to do since others play their chars.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2019, 20:25:19

SKETCHY

Can you please explain why developers should not have okayed this?
And what is sketchy?
Don of LaF

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jul 27th 2019, 20:40:59

Is this how you play wow? You just talk about horde or alliance for weeks? If so it's clearly my kinda game.

Classic hasn't launched yet. So yeah, for now, we hijack your thread and talk WoW.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 27th 2019, 20:45:14

I think he wants back to the times when you had 25 searches a day and had to search cleverly in the ingame search to find your targets NW and acreage, and then search the ingame news. I don't see how this would make the game anything but worse?

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2019, 21:19:16

I think he wants back to the times when you had 25 searches a day and had to search cleverly in the ingame search to find your targets NW and acreage, and then search the ingame news. I don't see how this would make the game anything but worse?

Only thing that happened then was that someone build a search tool that combined all searches. kinda like when you had to upload html score page to gamerstown.
Don of LaF

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 27th 2019, 21:22:00

yeah the current system doesn't take away from skill or game experience. It only reduces the manual labor of the player. I think that is a good thing. But obviously some disagree.

The Cloaked Game profile

Jul 28th 2019, 2:45:59

I'll play horde if I have to. But i don't want to.

Alliance is better in most of the ways.

Neil Game profile

Jul 28th 2019, 20:57:51

It was just effort. It was not difficult, it was not a mental task it was just a bunch of mouseclicks and scrolling and taking notes. If scripts take over such uninterresting tasks in this game it leaves more of the fun stuff for me and you.

What do you consider a mental task that could not be completed with scripts? (not sarcasm / actual question...) Also should we eliminate ALL stuff that takes effort? Figuring out who the restart that went AWOL was was just effort, I enjoyed it but would not want to do it twice a day everyday for a war. However it is clearly something that could be done outside of the game.

I don't actually like all the stuff we have but this whole thing is an arms race, obviously if someone makes a restart tracking thingy everyone will use it, however that is different than getting instant news outside of the game.

mac23 Game profile

Jul 28th 2019, 22:11:49

extra, extra, read all about it....on page 10....

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 28th 2019, 22:30:55

Well its a good question. Inside the game all scripts are cheating, so lets exclude those from the discussion.

Outside of the game all scripts are legit but many are not made and many are not very easy to make. In fact I would suggest that the level of game understanding in order to create a script far exceeds that which is required to conduct that calculation manually.

I think what will happen if we wave a magic wand and remove all scripts in third party developments from the game is those people with lots of time and lots of game knowledge would make mincemeat of the rest of the players. So scripts outside the game let players compete that maybe have a little less time or game knowledge and at the same time saves a lot of time for the ones who used to calculate all that by hand. So its a quality of life improvement for some but for others its just a way to be relevant. I think its win-win.

ebert00 Game profile

Jul 28th 2019, 22:45:12

I remember when we were limited to 25 in game searches in a day. now that made things challenging!

Neil Game profile

Jul 28th 2019, 22:48:37

Well its a good question. Inside the game all scripts are cheating, so lets exclude those from the discussion.

Outside of the game all scripts are legit but many are not made and many are not very easy to make. In fact I would suggest that the level of game understanding in order to create a script far exceeds that which is required to conduct that calculation manually.

I think what will happen if we wave a magic wand and remove all scripts in third party developments from the game is those people with lots of time and lots of game knowledge would make mincemeat of the rest of the players. So scripts outside the game let players compete that maybe have a little less time or game knowledge and at the same time saves a lot of time for the ones who used to calculate all that by hand. So its a quality of life improvement for some but for others its just a way to be relevant. I think its win-win.

But isnt this also part of the reason people need to be ready 24/7? Like how tech was supposed to make everything easier but email just gave us more work?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 28th 2019, 23:02:19

Well without the IRC news channel and APIs to feed news there would be no legitimate way to get highlights. So it would open up a new area in which cheating is exceptionally beneficial.

Same thing that the non-player countries that the devs added did against landfarms. I have not seen a blatant and effective landfarm in like 1.5 years in any server (That last MDer who used to do it either quit or stopped doing it when the npcs were increased to 250 countries). So cheating/unfairly gaining an edge in this way has pretty much been eliminated by the NPCs.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 29th 2019, 4:35:09

Neil, the ideal scenario is for people to play and attrack new players, not drive away more with your stupid logic.
(•_•)

EE Patron

Jul 29th 2019, 8:27:41

But isnt this also part of the reason people need to be ready 24/7? Like how tech was supposed to make everything easier but email just gave us more work?

Don't you remember alliances had programs that refreshed your news page and made bell/phone ringing sound if you got hit?
Some took it further and made the program wall for you (hello Danish dynasty).
Don of LaF

ERTYUIPOP Game profile

Jul 29th 2019, 8:51:59

ok . . . .
am goin' back to sleep :)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 29th 2019, 15:22:26

I'm back from vacation. Sorry to see this thread is still going lol.

War is still on? Good lord what an ego!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jul 29th 2019, 16:03:08

You were gone?
Anyhow why aren't we on page 10 folks? I am disappointed at work.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 29th 2019, 16:13:54

Its probably my fault. I took like a week off and somehow didn't die. I know the war isn't competitive but my role as a supervillain should have at least bought me more than 5 missiles. Pretty weak.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jul 29th 2019, 18:53:01

Its probably my fault. I took like a week off and somehow didn't die. I know the war isn't competitive but my role as a supervillain should have at least bought me more than 5 missiles. Pretty weak.

I started netting and died. Walled once (oh wait I think you were there when I walled.)