Verified:

Mrredmanbhs Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 14:07:21

I was just attacked 3 times, my defenses held twice and fell the third time. So technically I wasn't triple tapped, but I lost nearly 10K Turrets and 4K tank in each battle. Is this grounds for a response militarily?
-MrRedManbhs

rpottage Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 14:15:26

Hell yeah it is.

I say attack him back twice (and make sure you get all your acres back plus some).

snawdog Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 15:13:42

yea, and it was a triple tap...
ICQ 364553524
msn

Gazza Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 18:17:39

i wouldnt hold it against you if you suicided...
Im farmer fluff and this is my fluff

Thomas Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 2:18:04

I would hit him back 6 times :)

llaar Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 21:23:46

you could go 2:1 on the break and 1:1 on the others, making it about 4 retals

or go land:land and take only what the 1 hit took

or go 6:3, 1:1 escalating rules

or go nuts/suicide him with AB's/missiles

i would recommend something b/t the first two options

Dragon Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 22:10:42

Any way you cut it, it's a triple tap. Zorch him.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 16th 2010, 22:25:19

Clearly the guy should throw his set away because he lost... wait for it... 20000 extra turrets. That would cost $4,200,000 in cash to replace off the private market. That's just so horrible.

Can we start a support group?

Dragon Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 22:46:41

It's got nothing to do with replacing turrets. It has to do with the mentality of idiots that don't have the good sense to hit once and go away win or lose.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 17th 2010, 2:52:15

Shame on you for trying to convince other people to ruin the game like you do, especially when the person you're advising looks to be a new player.

Pain Game profile

Jul 17th 2010, 8:57:39

all things considered, the guy was a retard for not quitting after the first DH. i cant say i would personally maim a guy for 2 DH's and a break because he might have only made 1 grab anyways if he broke the first time.
Your mother is a nice woman

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 18th 2010, 8:09:48

The guy was a retard? Maybe everyone hasn't been playing for ten years. Here's a story for you:

A new player creates a country on the same server as Dragon. He attempts two landgrabs on Dragon's country. Because he's new, he fails both of them. Dragon logs into his country and is filled with rage and hatred because someone dared to double tap him. Dragon then spends the rest of the set attacking and ABing the new player. The new player doesn't understand what he did wrong, deletes his country, and quits the game forever.

Then dragon posts on the boards bragging about how he made another "landpig" quit the game.

Pain Game profile

Jul 18th 2010, 8:22:43

ive already stated im not going to ruin a guy for DH's or double taps. if he came in with 2 DH's then 3 breaks, it would be a diferent story.

oh and your scenario works both ways slag, how is a new player going to learn attack etiquette if people dont teach them a lesson. its a double edged sword. a new player is going to look at 6 retals the same as a bunch of AB's.
Your mother is a nice woman

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Jul 18th 2010, 9:41:34

fluff ill kill someone for attacking me once, its all in fun ;)

Viceroy Game profile

Jul 18th 2010, 19:02:47

Originally posted by Pain:
how is a new player going to learn attack etiquette if people dont teach them a lesson.

Make sure you send a polite message clarifying whatever action you take. Otherwise your lesson will be undermined because you left it to his interpretation.

EDIT: We shouldn't crucify people for trying a new game, but being new shouldn't give you a complete free pass either.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 19th 2010, 5:09:30

I haven't played in the tourney in years....

BUt i guarantee one thing about when I did.
If anyone attacked me...they didn't stand a chance of moving up the tourney ladder and often went down it.

That being said,
some of my best recruits came from the tourney:)
Z is #1

Detmer Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 20:31:51

Originally posted by Slagpit:
The guy was a retard? Maybe everyone hasn't been playing for ten years. Here's a story for you:

A new player creates a country on the same server as Dragon. He attempts two landgrabs on Dragon's country. Because he's new, he fails both of them. Dragon logs into his country and is filled with rage and hatred because someone dared to double tap him. Dragon then spends the rest of the set attacking and ABing the new player. The new player doesn't understand what he did wrong, deletes his country, and quits the game forever.

Then dragon posts on the boards bragging about how he made another "landpig" quit the game.

+1

Dragon Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 0:03:46

Originally posted by Slagpit:

What's your problem? Never once have I said that it was my intent let alone brag "to make landpigs leave the game".

Your logic is as weak as your argument. I can easily say that the "landpig" drives otherwise potentially interested players from the game due to excessive farming.

It's kind of funny though. It has nothing to do with rage or hatred. My best pal in this game is a shameless farmer (ICey).

It has to do with rewarding greedy and bad behavior with pain. If you don't like that, friend, you're an Admin. You can ban me from the game.

Edited By: Dragon on Jul 24th 2010, 19:40:01
See Original Post

ICe Man

Jul 23rd 2010, 17:37:17

I must admit, I'm a landpig.
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 24th 2010, 19:42:17

Yes you are, Fat Boy. ;)

You remind me of Pink Floyd. Pigs: Three Different Ones

......With your head down in the pig bin
Saying 'Keep on digging'