Verified:

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 19th 2022, 2:31:46

Any chance that there might be interest in having an express server that is strictly PvP where you can have quick 3-4 day wars?

This war game already has 5 netting servers. Can one be a war server?

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 19th 2022, 16:39:07

Clan servers and Team are setup to be war servers. Game culture and politics has shifted the focus away from this, not server access and game administration

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 19th 2022, 18:51:47

Oh ok. Well I guess I tried. Thank you for your time and service Primeval.

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 8th 2022, 16:56:39

So bumping this again.

Can we have ONE solo server where it’s LEGAL to war?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 8th 2022, 18:37:07

Doesn't team war?

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 8th 2022, 19:04:40

Even primary wars.....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 9th 2022, 0:50:22

Originally posted by galleri:
Doesn't team war?

Tried warring and LGing in team. Got gang banged 6 ways to Sunday as all the netting teams banded together to squish us.

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Even primary wars.....

The same players from express play in primary. You are only allowed to hit and multiple tap the bottom of the scores list not the “elites”.

Why do you think that the elites of earth are no longer fluffing in express about being hit? I stopped attacking anyone that was in the top 30.
The only people fluffing are the bottom of the scores list noobs now. And if you look at my last war partners they were all the smallest humans on the server….

Good thing that generally no one gives a fluff about the John Allens, uncle teds and gonzos if earth.

Would definitely be another story if Ashe, geta, gerd or any other premium elite guy was touched like last year ….

Edited By: SuperFly on Jul 9th 2022, 0:53:39

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jul 9th 2022, 4:37:24

[quote poster=SuperFly; 51024; 997213]
Originally posted by galleri:
Doesn't team war?

Tried warring and LGing in team. Got gang banged 6 ways to Sunday as all the netting teams banded together to squish us.

Even primary wars.....

That is war though..... It is a good war when you get gangbanged 6 ways to Sunday. We loved that fluff in iMag. lol
I mean take a war, any war ffs.

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Joshallenismydaddy Game profile

Jul 9th 2022, 15:22:35

Even primary wars.....

The same players from express play in primary. You are only allowed to hit and multiple tap the bottom of the scores list not the “elites”.

Why do you think that the elites of earth are no longer fluffing in express about being hit? I stopped attacking anyone that was in the top 30.
The only people fluffing are the bottom of the scores list noobs now. And if you look at my last war partners they were all the smallest humans on the server….

Good thing that generally no one gives a fluff about the John Allens, uncle teds and gonzos if earth. [/quote]

I hit right up to the top 10- and several players I hit earlier in the round below top 10 are in the top 10 now. There is zero fluffing for a LG. If you RoR or attempt to farm, there's more chatter but I don't think it's fluffing, moreso talking smack as a short war breaks out. You seem less a fan of your war when you have to hit good players who are prepared to hit back, which has been my whole point about express. You like baiting unsuspecting players who aren't playing a war style..but when you have the option to farm noobs or go after a real target in primary- you differ to noobin because it's easier.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2022, 18:00:51

I don't think easier is the word to use, less risk, that's why the noobs get farmed, i guarantee you that if every one of them fought back there wouldn't be farming, everyone would stick to Delphi's style of play and not break GDI and more people at the top will be grabbed.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Joshallenismydaddy Game profile

Jul 9th 2022, 20:14:31

I don't think easier is the word to use, less risk, that's why the noobs get farmed, i guarantee you that if every one of them fought back there wouldn't be farming, everyone would stick to Delphi's style of play and not break GDI and more people at the top will be grabbed.

Sure, yes..less risk is maybe a better word- but still odd for someone who is looking to war go a less risky route.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 9th 2022, 20:52:04

I have asked for a War server for a while. I was told, and it's probably true, that "War mongers" don't actually want solo war on equal terms, because they will just get serial crushed by the netters they blindside everywhere else if they fight on equal terms. Most of them know this too.
Its because this game is a netting game, and the same principles that make netters win the game also makes them win wars if that is how they want to spend their time. Only way the others can even out the terms is through provoking wars with unprepared netters, who aim to win the networth ladder aka winning the game, because this game is a netting game.

I think a war server still serves a purpose, because netters would have fun crushing warmongers there, and it would also make it easier for mods/admin to point to that server when unprovoked suiciders raid the other servers.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2022, 20:52:17

Originally posted by Joshallenismydaddy:

Sure, yes..less risk is maybe a better word- but still odd for someone who is looking to war go a less risky route.

If someone wants to war all they have to do is RoR someone or some few, it's not hard to find war, it is much more challenging to break GDI with multiple people and keep them off of your news feed.
(•_•)

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jul 10th 2022, 3:11:28

Tell them the cheese is old and moldy in reference to their girlfriend. Then you get a war :P (good movie btw)

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 10th 2022, 4:34:24

I’ll solo war on even terms. Hell I love a good 2vs1 as well hence why I ain’t scared to void gdi on more than 1 guy for a challenge…

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2022, 21:12:24

I agree that a "War Server" would be an excellent addition to the compliment. I think it would make it more fun for both netters and war mongers because, on the war server, the assumption would be that there would be more people to fight if netters from pure netting tags join up to fight. Heck, maybe even new tags can be created?

What we have now is a small pool of alliances that want to go to war, leading to stale gameplay.

If my vote counts +1 from me.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 11th 2022, 21:42:59

I think a solo war server would be far more interesting since balancing a team or alliance server for war would be impossible and every round would end up being the same with so few alternatives to fight between.

A war tournament where we are assigned random opponents every few days and fight for a set amount of time is the easiest and most interesting thing that can be done. There has to be a built in way around two friends agreeing to take it easy on one another, perhaps total anonymity, as in we all play without publicly displayed country names and numbers until the end or some such.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2022, 21:47:09

A solo war server could be interesting, and it could be molded after the Utopia islands (or whatever they call it) concept.

I think to satisfy the current player base in 1a who wish to war; there would also need to be a clan-based war server as well.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 11th 2022, 22:00:59

With 1vs1 there are so many combinations and all wars are equal. in a 3vs3 or 5vs5 or 10vs10 setting it would be far fewer combinations possible and far fewer wars would be even since stonewalling and kill runs would probably reign unless turn count made that impossible or game changes prevented kill runs perhaps completely or perhaps for a large portion of the round.

I guess these are issues that can be mitigated but its just so much more complex with, imo, less to gain.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 19th 2022, 23:51:20

Again, this is not a game server availability issue. Players chose to use established game servers primarily for netting instead of war. This has little to do with game development in my opinion. There are three clan servers that are setup to war with other players and one could easily war 1on1 in Express.

Originally posted by Gerdler:
I ... the same principles that make netters win the game also makes them win wars if that is how they want to spend their time. Only way the others can even out the terms is through provoking wars with unprepared netters...

... netters would have fun crushing warmongers there, ...

In many cases, I agree. But I strongly believe there are still exceptions to this idea. I've never been a great netter, but (when I played) let me pick a handful of my best guys in FFA, and there'd be an old-fashioned whoopin.

Edited By: Primeval on Jul 19th 2022, 23:53:21

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 20th 2022, 4:19:33

Prime setup a team I will join and lets test Gerdlers theory out and warrrrrrr LaF!

Originally posted by Primeval:
Again, this is not a game server availability issue. Players chose to use established game servers primarily for netting instead of war. This has little to do with game development in my opinion. There are three clan servers that are setup to war with other players and one could easily war 1on1 in Express.

I ... the same principles that make netters win the game also makes them win wars if that is how they want to spend their time. Only way the others can even out the terms is through provoking wars with unprepared netters...

In many cases, I agree. But I strongly believe there are still exceptions to this idea. I've never been a great netter, but (when I played) let me pick a handful of my best guys in FFA, and there'd be an old-fashioned whoopin.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2022, 4:40:57

Originally posted by SuperFly:
Prime setup a team I will join and lets test Gerdlers theory out and warrrrrrr LaF!

Originally posted by Primeval:

It's been tested and passed multiple times, ask SoF.
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2022, 18:40:12

Prime- If you try to war even on an alliance server such as 1a, you will get accused of trying to kill the game, etc. Most of the current player base does not wish to war on almost any server. Having a server explicitly dedicated to war would be good IMO so that there is a safe space to wage war as one sees fit, while the other servers can be more pure netting servers.

I'm not too fond of it but have come to accept this as the MO of the game at this time.

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 21st 2022, 5:55:48

I should tag with a few misfits and just FS a netting tag 5 vs 30 to see the reaction.

Of course my war dec would be a link to this post haha

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2022, 14:51:03

Originally posted by SuperFly:
I should tag with a few misfits and just FS a netting tag 5 vs 30 to see the reaction.

Of course my war dec would be a link to this post haha

Depends on who you hit, we all know who typically will fight and who won't.
(•_•)

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 22nd 2022, 4:10:41

Lol there is only one true reigning champion that is worth the risk