Verified:

Rocky79 Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 7:03:55

So, what strategy are those 50k acre theocracy countries running?

I can understand the first place Communist country was an industrialist

But I don't know about 2nd and 3rd place which were both 50k+ acre theocracy countries

Anyone with insight please let me know,

Thanks,

R.

NitelL Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 14:26:25

Fasc Farmers doing theo destocks.

g0nz0 Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 15:12:57

Originally posted by Rocky79:

But I don't know about 2nd and 3rd place which were both 50k+ acre theocracy countries

Thanks,

R.

Having massive land gives you a much larger private market. With Max tech Theo you could buy out for like $2-4 billion cash (depending on acreage) and resell your mil to easy top 10.
I wasn't paying close attention but I think a couple were Tyr->Theo converts. You lose 14% of resources, but all your food is on the market so some buildings and small chunk of mil. Tyr gets you more land/less turns, Theo gets you the best deals (Dem with Max tech is next).

As a side note you will notice smaller top 10's go on a landgrab frenzy shortly before destock. This is to maximize private market.

Edit: If you choose to convert Tyranny to Theo usually works best for teching. As a techer you should be using the absolute minimum turns for grabbing and building. You can finish top 10 Tyr techer, but Express server seems to prefer Theo.

Edited By: g0nz0 on Nov 8th 2021, 15:23:40
See Original Post

g0nz0 Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 15:36:20

Originally posted by NitelL:

Is TMBR still a thing in express? Seems pretty volatile.

NitelL Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 16:16:32

TMBR not viable in Express at all. Full Oiler is possible!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2021, 16:55:21

Ok, I'm pledging to learn this strat, I'll start out by going all X then when I learn how to properly destock I'll start grabbing bots, I totally destroyed my Primary destock and I'm pissed at myself for that, it was super silly mistake that cost me $100m+ NW set 🤷
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

g0nz0 Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 17:13:14

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Ok, I'm pledging to learn this strat, I'll start out by going all X then when I learn how to properly destock I'll start grabbing bots, I totally destroyed my Primary destock and I'm pissed at myself for that, it was super silly mistake that cost me $100m+ NW set 🤷

Grab, build farms. Buy tech. Grab and build. Put all your food, Max mil on market. Try to have little cash so that 14% loss won't hurt as bad. Convert. Take food off market to sell in PM. Or leave on public if good prices. If you calculate turns/time you jump early and can resell for better finish.

NitelL Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 17:17:49

If you're doing allx, I'd definitely recommend rep farmer - you'd prob get more out of it than fasc farmer.

g0nz0 Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 17:18:51

TMBR not viable in Express at all. Full Oiler is possible!

I tried running a couple oilers in FFA. They were profitable but slow. Didn't really care for it. I saw we had a #1 oiler few sets back. Oil was expensive and lots of grabbing. Congrats to whoever pulled that off.

NitelL Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 17:23:36

A oiler has never won Express, but has definitely finished well enough to land in the top 10.

So I guess, I'm running with a very wide definition of viable. Ha

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2021, 18:17:54

If you're doing allx, I'd definitely recommend rep farmer - you'd prob get more out of it than fasc farmer.

Hmmm, I assume my agg tech has to be near max at all times for this to work better than fasc?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

NitelL Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 18:57:56

If you're allx, given the ability to batch 360 turns at a time, the explore bonus allows you to get way more land. Coupled with the PCI boost (and no negative pop/pci 'bonus'), your production is overall better.
(Increased land also easier destock, bigger PM etc.)

TwoPodRay Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 20:28:17

There are a LOT of little optimizations that you can do, but one of the most important things in my mind is to pick a land goal from the beginning, then build your Construction Sites early on to optimally match your land goal, making the most efficient use of turns. Also, you can then determine how much tech you will need. Once you hit your land goal, you must stop and start stocking. I tried to exceed my land goal as an experiment last set as a Tyr farmer and only got a 29m finish when I should have been over 50m. I simply didn’t have enough stock, due to starting too late and not having enough tech. Too much land is a thing.

SuperFly Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 20:30:05

Don’t forget your turrets! Probably the most essential part of your strat!

If you low D Gonzo will come and take your land!

TwoPodRay Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 20:41:50

Originally posted by SuperFly:

Depends on how much land you have relative to everyone else. A CI doing a super optimized, turn storing strategy with late land gains can fly under the radar with little-to-no-defense up until the last day. Harder for a farmer who needs land earlier.

g0nz0 Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 22:29:28

Originally posted by TwoPodRay:
There are a LOT of little optimizations that you can do, but one of the most important things in my mind is to pick a land goal from the beginning, then build your Construction Sites early on to optimally match your land goal, making the most efficient use of turns. Also, you can then determine how much tech you will need. Once you hit your land goal, you must stop and start stocking. I tried to exceed my land goal as an experiment last set as a Tyr farmer and only got a 29m finish when I should have been over 50m. I simply didn’t have enough stock, due to starting too late and not having enough tech. Too much land is a thing.

It's down to math at that point. Will the turns and money I spend building return a profit or is this optimal, you're built, move on.
Will this increase in production pay for itself? How much tech to buy/research to keep my balance? You can always grab in the last few ours to increase pm. Trading a turn of tech for 5 turns to hit and build for a 75tpt boost is not worth it. I don't play fatty boom booms so a 40k techer is just gross. 20k works if you get it early and built.

g0nz0 Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 22:38:03

Originally posted by TwoPodRay:
Originally posted by SuperFly:

Depends on how much land you have relative to everyone else. A CI doing a super optimized, turn storing strategy with late land gains can fly under the radar with little-to-no-defense up until the last day. Harder for a farmer who needs land earlier.

There's a reason CI is the easiest strat. It's like building a car, waiting for the green light. Drive it till you hit a wall or run out of gas. Most relaxing version of express. It's also an easy win on tournament.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 8th 2021, 22:52:13

CI might be easiest 'play' but to do well with it it is the most time consuming by far. Casher and farmer doesnt rely on market sales so they allow you to take however many turns you would like to at once while indy and techer requires sales every few dozen turns, meaning you are forced to do lots of logins in order to spend your turns.

g0nz0 Game profile

Nov 8th 2021, 23:19:00

Originally posted by Gerdler:
CI might be easiest 'play' but to do well with it it is the most time consuming by far. Casher and farmer doesnt rely on market sales so they allow you to take however many turns you would like to at once while indy and techer requires sales every few dozen turns, meaning you are forced to do lots of logins in order to spend your turns.

Fast market turn over made it possible. I didn't plan food well, missed some market cycles, over spent on construction, and still had turns, but managed to squeak out 36 mil finish. I try to be helpful and understanding, but I don't get players struggling to break 10 mil finish. The strat forums give turn-by-turn instructions. This is coming from a player who's fav strat used to be Tyr Farmer with lots of warfare. Read the strat guides it means you get top 10, follow the recipe.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 9th 2021, 0:12:30

I think maybe I need to specify what I mean with 'doing well'. What I mean is playing the strat to its potential which is usually over 80m NW for both farmer and indy. It's equally difficult/easy but takes way more effort with a CI, for reasons.

For a casher theres also nothing fundamentally more difficult by now since we more or less know how to play it to its potential at this point. It is however easy to see that a casher makes its money without sales, just like the farmer when he sells on private, and as such you can play your turns whenever you want as many as you want, unlike the indy.
I think we have not seen more than like 75m NW with a casher since the changes, and so I think I would not be contradicted if I said the NW potential of a casher is lower than that of indy and farmer, most sets.

TwoPodRay Game profile

Nov 9th 2021, 3:25:41

Originally posted by Gerdler:
I think maybe I need to specify what I mean with 'doing well'. What I mean is playing the strat to its potential which is usually over 80m NW for both farmer and indy. It's equally difficult/easy but takes way more effort with a CI, for reasons.

For a casher theres also nothing fundamentally more difficult by now since we more or less know how to play it to its potential at this point. It is however easy to see that a casher makes its money without sales, just like the farmer when he sells on private, and as such you can play your turns whenever you want as many as you want, unlike the indy.
I think we have not seen more than like 75m NW with a casher since the changes, and so I think I would not be contradicted if I said the NW potential of a casher is lower than that of indy and farmer, most sets.

Yeah agreed, CI takes a LOT of time, especially on the last day. I haven't had weekends open to do so yet, so I haven't been able to finish any CI I have started so far since coming back. Casher though for sure struggles, it is certainly a bit harder to stock/destock due to the massive amount of cash on hand in the last day and lower volume of public bushels to stock with, you end up getting hit with Corruption more easily without good planning.

Ratski Game profile

Nov 9th 2021, 4:09:31

Why the six hour dead time on Sunday ?

g0nz0 Game profile

Nov 9th 2021, 4:45:54

Originally posted by Ratski:

All attacks are disabled. I thought it was less. I guess to avoid suicides.

Ratski Game profile

Nov 9th 2021, 16:31:03

[quote poster=g0nz0; 50495; 984747][quote poster=Ratski; 50495; 984745]
Why the six hours of dead time on Sunday ? it's like the whole week was a waste of time, to do my best to not get hit and build my country to try to make the top 25 or better, only to watch the fricking bots gain net worth as my country drop's like a rock in thrown into a lake. In the last 6 hours, there is only two thing I can do, cash or sell oil or bushels, at standard prices on the private market , because no one buys anything on the open markets in the last six hours except maybe oil. None of this explains why I dropped from 35th to 74th with 21.000 acres of land ? Seems like a weeks worth of time building a country is a waste of time to only get screwed because no one can grab land to keep up with the Bots in the last six hours. If admin is going to do this every set. I say lock the standing in the last 6 hours too and end it there. Or lets us grab build to the very end. All attacks end here at 11:00am PST and the set ends at 5:00 PM.

Edited By: Ratski on Nov 9th 2021, 16:58:13
See Original Post

NitelL Game profile

Nov 9th 2021, 16:54:42

Ratski, countries (even bots) stockpile cash/bushels throughout the week, to do a big jump on the last day.

The reason you stockpile is to lower your military expenses during the game, and after you make that big jump your country is more or less unplayable (because of military expenses).

First though, you need to stop playing a rainbow country with every building type. xD

SuperFly Game profile

Nov 9th 2021, 17:11:10

Ratski u were my ally last round. I gave u one tip bro. U ain’t listen to me :(

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2021, 17:21:12

Giving Ratski advice on netting is like trying to get a cat to fetch a stick and bring it to you.
(•_•)

Tmac Game profile

Nov 9th 2021, 17:59:13

I think I've seen every regular here tell ratski to strategize, lol.

NitelL Game profile

Nov 9th 2021, 18:41:32

Giving Ratski advice on netting is like trying to get a cat to fetch a stick and bring it to you.

So you're saying... there's a chance!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2021, 18:53:37

So you're saying... there's a chance!

Yes and it really is a super long, long, very long shot, don't bet the farm on it!
(•_•)

NitelL Game profile

Nov 9th 2021, 19:10:31

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2021, 19:15:48

That's not a Ratski though
(•_•)

g0nz0 Game profile

Nov 9th 2021, 21:55:30

The strategy forum walks you step by step. Look at the bots. They are built in standard format.
Your strategy determines the build. You can't make money without a specialty. Farms, labs or IC. You can't mix n match. You want easy farming buy Agri and mil tech. Hit bots and build farms. Hit and build, make every turn count. Sell food on market if it's crazy prices $45+, or sell on pm for $38($39 for Dem). Store food on the market so you aren't guarding a hoard. Buy jets when they're cheap. Don't forget oil, or build some rigs. Best of luck.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2021, 22:00:30

Originally posted by g0nz0:

The strategy forum walks you step by step. Look at the bots. They are built in standard format.
Your strategy determines the build. You can't make money without a specialty. Farms, labs or IC. You can't mix n match. You want easy farming buy Agri and mil tech. Hit bots and build farms. Hit and build, make every turn count. Sell food on market if it's crazy prices $45+, or sell on pm for $38($39 for Dem). Store food on the market so you aren't guarding a hoard. Buy jets when they're cheap. Don't forget oil, or build some rigs. Best of luck.

See below..

Originally posted by Tmac:
I think I've seen every regular here tell ratski to strategize, lol.
(•_•)

Rocky79 Game profile

Nov 9th 2021, 23:29:28

Wow, thanks for all the comments everyone

I will try a farmer this round

Cheers

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2021, 23:37:09

Good luck 👍
(•_•)

Rocky79 Game profile

Nov 10th 2021, 1:33:02

Good luck 👍

Thanks, very first turn played I got this

Your research teams made a Nuclear Missile!

That's because of your good luck and thumbs up

Cheers!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2021, 3:46:06

You're welcome!

LOL
(•_•)

BaDonkaDonks Game profile

Nov 10th 2021, 4:00:49

Thanks for that, good info.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 15th 2021, 0:30:38

Originally posted by g0nz0:
Originally posted by Rocky79:

Thanks,

R.

Having massive land gives you a much larger private market. With Max tech Theo you could buy out for like $2-4 billion cash (depending on acreage) and resell your mil to easy top 10.
I wasn't paying close attention but I think a couple were Tyr->Theo converts. You lose 14% of resources, but all your food is on the market so some buildings and small chunk of mil. Tyr gets you more land/less turns, Theo gets you the best deals (Dem with Max tech is next).

As a side note you will notice smaller top 10's go on a landgrab frenzy shortly before destock. This is to maximize private market.

Edit: If you choose to convert Tyranny to Theo usually works best for teching. As a techer you should be using the absolute minimum turns for grabbing and building. You can finish top 10 Tyr techer, but Express server seems to prefer Theo.

I read this post and followed the strategy to 1st place. Thanks gOnzO.

Rocky79 Game profile

Nov 15th 2021, 1:00:33

Nice win, congrats

cordycsw Game profile

Nov 15th 2021, 3:23:43

hi

NitelL Game profile

Nov 15th 2021, 3:49:20

Congrats Getafix!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 15th 2021, 3:56:32

Congratulations Mr Rock Lobster!!!
(•_•)

BaDonkaDonks Game profile

Nov 18th 2021, 0:38:41

Just popping in a comment as Express is last on the server channels for last comment... We can't have that!

iSuicider

Nov 19th 2021, 2:23:37

comment

cordycsw Game profile

Nov 19th 2021, 13:56:06

i keep forgetting my bonus points

SuperFly Game profile

Nov 21st 2021, 23:59:33

Rep casher ftw

Ratski Game profile

Nov 22nd 2021, 18:52:36

I played cashier on a Theocracy Dropped labs oil rig, and indies after I had 500.000 k spies. and bought bushels and oil. and was making 2 million a turn cashing and used the money to buy military and tech on res and business, and pushed my money up to 3.250000 per turn, cashing. and still dropped the last day to 69th place with 20K worth land. When I first started playing 20.000 acres was enough to make the top ten, not anymore. I made 104 attacks, barely got to 22.000 acres, Theocracy's don't seem to take a lot on land grabs. And no I was not running a rain bow.

NitelL Game profile

Nov 22nd 2021, 19:08:10

I played cashier on a Theocracy Dropped labs oil rig, and indies after I had 500.000 k spies. and bought bushels and oil. and was making 2 million a turn cashing and used the money to buy military and tech on res and business, and pushed my money up to 3.250000 per turn, cashing. and still dropped the last day to 69th place with 20K worth land. When I first started playing 20.000 acres was enough to make the top ten, not anymore. I made 104 attacks, barely got to 22.000 acres, Theocracy's don't seem to take a lot on land grabs. And no I was not running a rain bow.

What level was your bus/res tech at? You were theo casher right? You want it at ~150% for theo, ~175% for rep.